Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

The Pussy Boss posted:

wait the impeachment poo poo failed already? lol

lol the senate voted to allow witnesses TODAY and then decided "no wait never mind let's just take the vote to acquit now" and have now gone on recess for the next week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

this all feels like a significant boost to trump in 2024. the dems tried to take him on again and they lost! sad!

plus, this a big chilling effect to any attempts to prosecute trump for other actions

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

in that she isn’t right wing enough, you conveniently leave out.

well i mean yeah that's not the take making it so but it's not a wrong accusation

"conveniently" lol do you think I'm taking their side, I was AGCing them

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

bedpan posted:

this all feels like a significant boost to trump in 2024. the dems tried to take him on again and they lost! sad!

I THINK the plan was to have republicans stonewall the process thus winning dems an Optics victory among the precious republican voters

instead it's just "cowardly dems powerless in the face of Honesty and Integrity, Donald J Trump"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1360717518130843649?s=20

bucc the succ

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

:chaostrump: anti-mattering field is fully operational :chaostrump:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oh let us not forget, just to really hammer the point home:

Biden has zero successes for his past 40+ years of politics EXCEPT slaughtering innocent civilians who look like the OP here and giving rich white men like Trump whatever the gently caress they want

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

oh let us not forget, just to really hammer the point home:

Biden has zero successes for his past 40+ years of politics EXCEPT slaughtering innocent civilians who look like the OP here and giving rich white men like Trump whatever the gently caress they want

yeah one of the most infuriating parts of the electability narrative is that biden's entire political career has been a parade of failure and embarrassment, interspaced with war crimes

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

The Pussy Boss posted:

look, they'd like to milk pretending that they were all almost executed live on c-span a little longer but cuomo has Listened To The Science and is reopening indoor dining so they all have planes to catch for a nice romantic valentine's day dinner in nyc

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Yinlock posted:

I THINK the plan was to have republicans stonewall the process thus winning dems an Optics victory among the precious republican voters

instead it's just "cowardly dems powerless in the face of Honesty and Integrity, Donald J Trump"

I didn't have "dems in 2021-2024 making donnie look good and powerful" on my bingo card.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Yinlock posted:

yeah that was the plan was to tie Trump being a bad to republicans and use optics and decorum to hurt republicans. but trump is still popular among republicans and no one buy democrats give a poo poo about decorum. meanwhile they've wasted almost a month since biden's inauguration and are now going to vacay for a week not doing covid relief. no one's going to give a poo poo and covid is going to do another 9/11 every day that these assholes are on vacation.

trump gets the "I was fully exonerated again!" talking point

watching him win again in 2024 is going to p hilarious

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i'd say there should be a rule that the senate is not allowed to adjourn until they accomplish anything at all but I think that would be qualified as calling for violence seeing as how they'd all immediately starve to death

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
gently caress the Buccaneers and gently caress Brady

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Yinlock posted:

i'd say there should be a rule that the senate is not allowed to adjourn until they accomplish anything at all but I think that would be qualified as calling for violence seeing as how they'd all immediately starve to death

they did accomplish something though. . .congratulating the bucs for winning the superbowl.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

btw, all of this crap we are seeing is why the cardinals get locked up and put on bread and water rations until they pick a new pope

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

bedpan posted:

I didn't have "dems in 2021-2024 making donnie look good and powerful" on my bingo card.

I mean they started the term off by lowering their stimmy amount to "less than trump", thus immediately ceding the messaging war on that front

like you can say "at least trump helped more than biden" and be objectively correct even though trump is a big part of why things got so bad in the first place(but as we're currently seeing biden would have done the exact same thing, except for the giving people money part)

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/shaun_vids/status/1360719825677520898

How do these people still have jobs in this or any field of expertise?

Yes yes, class privilege.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

can you imagine how bad trump wants to tweet right now. can you feel it in the Posting Aether

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

spacemang_spliff posted:

gently caress the Buccaneers and gently caress Brady

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
when Joe Biden was Vice President the Democrats lost 1000 seats nationwide and then Donald Trump suddenly became president

loving lmfao. crack ping.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Maya Fey posted:

can you imagine how bad trump wants to tweet right now. can you feel it in the Posting Aether

You can't even tweet for him or you get banned too.

It's a drat crime against posting!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

yeah that was the plan was to tie Trump being a bad to republicans and use optics and decorum to hurt republicans. but trump is still popular among republicans and no one buy democrats give a poo poo about decorum. meanwhile they've wasted almost a month since biden's inauguration and are now going to vacay for a week not doing covid relief. no one's going to give a poo poo and covid is going to do another 9/11 every day that these assholes are on vacation.

trump gets the "I was fully exonerated again!" talking point

watching him win again in 2024 is going to p hilarious

knowing dems' sharp political minds they're gearing up for Hillary vs Trump Round 2, This Time Will Be Different

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

The Pussy Boss posted:

its vacation time

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob

The Pussy Boss posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDhRBkGesLQ

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Vim Fuego posted:

Motherfucker warn people when you quote from D&D, I just posted in there and only realized it when I saw Pick's neera tanden av

lmao, god bless

the 2016 lover
May 29, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fun Shoe

are people still getting weeklong probes over in your disgusting lib pig subforum for asking if its ok to talk about tara reade

As I posted in the feedback thread, my late-night "please stop this poo poo" immediate-firefighting order was a little overbroad. This does not necessarily reflect the opinions of the modteam, but if I were DnD dictator, readechat would be allowed in DnD under restricted circumstances. "Effort is being put forth, it is topical, and it is not being used for the primary purpose of owning forums enemies", more or less - aka a similar concept as for many topics, but more ruthlessly enforced because most uses of readechat violate all three of those rules.

What do you think the moderation rules regarding readechat should be?

the 2016 lover has issued a correction as of 00:33 on Feb 14, 2021

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Maya Fey posted:

i have to admit that in the past couple weeks the dems have exceeded my wildest expectations
yes, they exceeded my expectations of cutting social security and medicare right before midterms by considering doing so way before midterms

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

the 2016 lover posted:

are people still getting weeklong probes over in your disgusting lib pig subforum for asking if its ok to talk about tara reade

As I posted in the feedback thread, my late-night "please stop this poo poo" immediate-firefighting order was a little overbroad. This does not necessarily reflect the opinions of the modteam, but if I were DnD dictator, readechat would be allowed in DnD under restricted circumstances. "Effort is being put forth, it is topical, and it is not being used for the primary purpose of owning forums enemies", more or less - aka a similar concept as for many topics, but more ruthlessly enforced because most uses of readechat violate all three of those rules.

lol

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

probably a bad time to complain to dnd mods about week-long vacations

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

the 2016 lover posted:

lmao

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

the 2016 lover posted:

other than you? no i don't believe people are getting week probes over it

imo we should be yeeting people into the sun if they post horrible poo poo about reade, to answer your second question

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

PhilippAchtel posted:

https://twitter.com/shaun_vids/status/1360719825677520898

How do these people still have jobs in this or any field of expertise?

Yes yes, class privilege.

https://twitter.com/tylerbohinc/status/1360724057482756097?s=19

Voting democrat forever

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Herstory Begins Now posted:

imo we should be yeeting people into the sun if they post horrible poo poo about reade, to answer your second question

bait.txt

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Agreed, she should stop lying about president sleepy Joe Biden, and all the good things he has and will continue to do

the 2016 lover
May 29, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fun Shoe

heh

Mostly Lurking
Sep 25, 2008
I'm just laughing until I'm executed in the streets by law from the liberal / Christian Nationalist coalition to stop the Russian interference.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

the 2016 lover
May 29, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fun Shoe
i didnt do poo poo copper!

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009

Yinlock posted:

dems held a vote to bring out witnesses, republicans called their bluff and agreed, dems went "oh uh we didnt want to actually" and backed down

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
there's no problem here flavius we're all friends*