Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

finalellipsis posted:

The cake is a lie!

FOUND THE GAMER!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Those posts were a triumph.

I'm being so sincere right now.

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More

This is terrific and didn’t get enough love.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

TacoNight posted:

Thank you for posting my favorite.

This is the best item in the nedroid shop:

I got one for my brother and he recommends it

I'm sure you own several

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

B Squad Leader
Nov 1, 2009

https://imgur.com/u7lcFSu

B Squad Leader has a new favorite as of 06:49 on Feb 13, 2021

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

B Squad Leader posted:

https://imgur.com/u7lcFSu

Wow. Bamboozled into putting extra effort into having to see another Sad Children comic. Would not recommend.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Johnny Aztec posted:

FOUND THE GAMER!

This is where I get to post that I snuck an instrumental version of Still Alive to play when we did our wedding cake cutting.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I don't think ghost dude is having a good time.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Will we eventually understand the little girls deal? Or the ghost? Or is this all meant to be a surreal dadaist experience?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Beachcomber posted:

Will we eventually understand the little girls deal? Or the ghost? Or is this all meant to be a surreal dadaist experience?
The little girl is allergic to basically everything and her parents are messed up and messed her up. Paul is a ghost who is dead.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zetsubou-san posted:

i love this one!

Oh you're absolutely going to hate this one!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

RareAcumen posted:

Oh you're absolutely going to hate this one!

Second panel is missing a word.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

Wow. Bamboozled into putting extra effort into having to see another Sad Children comic. Would not recommend.

Thank you for your service, no one should have to see that

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

womb with a view posted:

Thank you for your service, no one should have to see that

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I like PFSC. It captures some of the nascent rage at consumerism and bullshit, even if it doesn't always find its mark.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

frankenfreak posted:

Kill Inigo Montoya's father?

:golfclap: One of my all-time favorite movies.

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

VanSandman posted:

I like PFSC. It captures some of the nascent rage at consumerism and bullshit, even if it doesn't always find its mark.

It turned that rage inwards so often it turns into a generalized misanthropy.
The general trend for it is "the world loving sucks, I loving suck, You all loving suck, gently caress you."

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

I love this so much because it's such a pitch perfect synthesis of two very different comics that captures both of them at some of their best :allears:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

It turned that rage inwards so often it turns into a generalized misanthropy.
The general trend for it is "the world loving sucks, I loving suck, You all loving suck, gently caress you."

Case in point:

One of the wonderful things about Nedroid is its relentless silly positivity. It isn't a comic about people being sad and killing themselves, it's a comic about some goofy friends doing goofy things together for fun. And yet when the PFSC person draws a Nedroid comic, they make it about Reginald being mean to Beartato because Beartato killed all his friends. It's a completely un-Nedroid premise for a Nedroid, and so it comes off as weirdly mean-spirited and out of place because Nedroid is not a mean-spirited comic. It's like the author gets some of the idea behind Nedroid (Reginald is oblivious, but also likes to do things like draw pictures to cheer up Beartato) but applies it with a tone that makes it just seem off somehow.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

vyelkin posted:

One of the wonderful things about Nedroid is its relentless silly positivity. It isn't a comic about people being sad and killing themselves, it's a comic about some goofy friends doing goofy things together for fun. And yet when the PFSC person draws a Nedroid comic, they make it about Reginald being mean to Beartato because Beartato killed all his friends. It's a completely un-Nedroid premise for a Nedroid, and so it comes off as weirdly mean-spirited and out of place because Nedroid is not a mean-spirited comic. It's like the author gets some of the idea behind Nedroid (Reginald is oblivious, but also likes to do things like draw pictures to cheer up Beartato) but applies it with a tone that makes it just seem off somehow.

I disagree. I suppose it depends on how much malice you read into Reginald's dialogue but I see it as more thoughtless than mean, which is 100% in character for him. To me it has the same energy as something like this:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

vyelkin posted:

It's Nedroid making a PFSC parody/pastiche. The alt-text is "Apologies to John Campbell"

Kennel has a new favorite as of 16:31 on Feb 13, 2021

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Kennel posted:

It's Nedroid making a PFSC parody/pastiche. The alt-text is "Apologies to John Campbell"

Ah fair enough, that's my mistake then. I still think it's not his best work.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Followup Letter: Don’t Worry About It, Beartato. It Fell Off.

What Happened? I Blacked Out for a Second

Bad with Computers

What Gives You the Right!

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

I just discovered Super Antics

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol those own.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Skwirl posted:

Second panel is missing a word.
Or a comma.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
what me waiting?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Bogmonster posted:

#11 makes me sad

Edit: I either need sleep or therapy because it's just a comic

Beachcomber has a new favorite as of 20:09 on Feb 13, 2021

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Beachcomber posted:

#11 makes me sad

ok, Barry Allen

Beachcomber posted:

Edit: I either need sleep or therapy because it's just a comic

the world is pretty hosed up right now and little stuff feels heavy.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Ha! Shows what you know. Any true fan of clowning on the Flash would know that’s Jay Garrick

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I've always secretly wanted to see them being back the Flash that was powered by Ancient Chinese Magic

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Bogmonster posted:

lmao

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

I need to somehow combine that 4th panel with Star Trek and make a new avatar

Son of Thunderbeast