Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

PRICE GOING UP DAILY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ah the fabled “new bike with a big bore kit that doesn’t exist” combined with the classic sales tactic of “I’m raising the price daily”

Who falls for that poo poo

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Im not sure if that ad is just poking fun or if its in earnets.

In serious posting, Im really tempted by this one:
https://www.nettimoto.com/suzuki/sv/2569521

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Patrocclesiastes posted:

Putting a Lucky Strike livery on any non-RGV Suzuki should be grounds for instant imprisonment. Putting it on an SV should be shoot-on-sight.

(Actually that does look really nice, it just made me chuckle that someone would try and make their nice polite midsize sports-tourer look like an early-90s 500cc GP bike)

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Patrocclesiastes posted:

Kevin Schwantz is rolling in his grave, but I like it!

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
That proves yet again that the full fairing gen 2 SV is the best and timeless.

Patrocclesiastes posted:

PRICE GOING UP DAILY

Badass bike bro! I'm impressed it's making use of all those upgrades with the OEM exhaust.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Yeah if you already have another bking

Who doesn't? I got like five of the things out back

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Please sell me one. Just one, I promise to love it and care for it

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
It’s been a few days and I’m still kind of speechless about taking even a salvage B-King just to rip out the engine shared by a far more common motorcycle.

E: these days as life gets more stable I find myself actually missing, not necessarily my KTM 990SMT, but missing what it did for me. A B-King would be overkill though, I think.

Revvik fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Feb 14, 2021

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Now that I was just about ready to buy a bike, nothing but overpriced Harleys and dirtbikes on Craigslist locally, the market seems nuts. I even stopped by a couple dealers and gave them my usual VoIP number and junk email address, and they haven't been harassing me either, so they must be doing well.

Ah well, need to save money anyway, think I'll put it on hold and maybe by the time things are less weird I'll have a place with a garage or living room for bike storage

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Hey goons, thoughts on this? Price seems fair (2990 in good condition on KBB). Not sure how well the bike has been maintained (that said it is 1000 below KBB and high on miles), and the whole "buy it before Feb 23" excuse/dealio seems a bit shady.

Everything else out here are stretched gixxers, stretched R6s, stretched busas, streched ninjas . . . hell I even saw a stretched Ruckus (wasn't for sale tho). Now and then I see Fz-07s and Mt-07s for sale, but they're usually newer and pricier than i'd like.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

That ain’t high on miles. If it’s in good shape, seems like a reasonable price.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.
Can’t think of a reason why an otherwise stock FZ6 would be missing a front fender other than “it was crashed”.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

moxieman posted:

Can’t think of a reason why an otherwise stock FZ6 would be missing a front fender other than “it was crashed”.

Yeah I was thinking that too. But the rest of the bike seems intact, not sure what type of accident destroys the front fender specifically.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Maybe they wanted it to look more ADV/Supermoto? But those people usually put a beak on it.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

OctaMurk posted:

Hey goons, thoughts on this? Price seems fair (2990 in good condition on KBB). Not sure how well the bike has been maintained (that said it is 1000 below KBB and high on miles), and the whole "buy it before Feb 23" excuse/dealio seems a bit shady.

Everything else out here are stretched gixxers, stretched R6s, stretched busas, streched ninjas . . . hell I even saw a stretched Ruckus (wasn't for sale tho). Now and then I see Fz-07s and Mt-07s for sale, but they're usually newer and pricier than i'd like.

The angle of the photo strongly suggests that if you turn up there The Riddler will attack you.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Find an on ramp and punch it in 2nd gear to make sure the geardogs aren't hosed up from being mistreated. Rest of the engine will outlast you.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

The angle of the photo strongly suggests that if you turn up there The Riddler will attack you.

This was far, far too funny.

E: Chunky Chickenstrips, batman!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:catstare: I’m not entirely sure how to read that sticker :catstare:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1012787205899829/

E: also gently caress you zuck for putting a Katana in my marketplace feed

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
I told myself I'd never push someones bike over out of spite. Clearly that was premature.

hoho`win
Mar 7, 2003

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

:catstare: I’m not entirely sure how to read that sticker :catstare:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1012787205899829/

E: also gently caress you zuck for putting a Katana in my marketplace feed

hmmm
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/816322299221772

I sent him a message last week but never got back

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I thought that's usually a pro-BLM phrase, although I haven't seen it on a bike like that before

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
The dripping blood effect on the words next to a playboy sticker suggests otherwise. Fascists love saying "I can't breathe" as a joke these days.

To genuinely have the antithesis of ADVrider level money+bs, I'd perhaps like a Breonna Taylor livery on a hdADV with names of BLM organizations everywhere. Of course, a punisher logo would be appropriate. But only if I'd already donated 3x the price of the decals to all the BLM organizations.

Coydog fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Feb 21, 2021

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah it’s the blood that’s throwing me

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I was wondering when I saw the playboy bunny but I somehow missed the blood portion of the sticker, which seems to point towards not pro-BLM

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

hoho`win posted:

hmmm
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/816322299221772

I sent him a message last week but never got back
So is it posted across the board in multiple locations? Maybe a troll post?

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Behold! I am Hipstermandyas, destroyer of motorcycles. Look upon my works, ye riders, and despair.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/mcy/d/phoenix-suzuki-sv650/7280461523.html

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
That poor bike. :sigh: Doesn't look TOO hard to unfuck since the stock bar risers are still there. I'm baffled by what a "baffled straight exhaust" is. Whatever it is, that isn't it. Maybe the rear subframe is replacable/salvagable.

It's like these people have never actually seen a cafe racer and just do things to whatever is at hand. The SV isn't even a good platform for something like that.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I have never, and I mean never, seen a complete cafe racer project for sale. They just don't exist, they ALWAYS need to 'be completed' because they're the bike version of putting all your points in crafting potions or some poo poo and realising halfway through the game that finishing the playthrough is impossible.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Coydog posted:

Maybe the rear subframe is replacable/salvagable.

Yeah thankfully it looks like the 05 had a separate rear subframe so ebay could fix it

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
"Cafe" is a style. Just like cars, lowered to the point that it starts to break axles, it's all about a specific look. Just like bobbers, blackouts, nakeds, choppers etc. Notice when manufacturers pick it up and begin to sell a version of it brand new, no tinkering required.

But people want to tinker. Just like homeowner, proud that he changed his own faucet, people modify their cars and bikes because they want to be involved and feel good about themselves. The cafe style is the easiest thing to do. Install clip on bars with bar end mirrors, swap a flat seat, remove fenders, job's done. That dude probably has all the old parts in the box somewhere. Unless he cut the rear subframe, it's all reversible.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Behold! I am Hipstermandyas, destroyer of motorcycles. Look upon my works, ye riders, and despair.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/mcy/d/phoenix-suzuki-sv650/7280461523.html

Come buy this SV that you’ll need to stick $1000 into for $2000!

What do you mean good SV’s are $3000?

But CAFE BRO

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

It seems way to bulky to ever pull off a cafe racer aesthetic to me. I think this looks good:

But having a contemporaneous bike probably goes a long way in that regard.

Toe Rag fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Feb 22, 2021

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Cafe racers were the stretched swingarm groms of their time.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Toe Rag posted:

It seems way to bulky to ever pull off a cafe racer aesthetic to me. I think this looks good:

But having a contemporaneous bike probably goes a long way in that regard.

I too want a bone-shatteringly hard ride on a mechano playset with 2 wheels and an engine.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Steakandchips posted:

I too want a bone-shatteringly hard ride on a mechano playset with 2 wheels and an engine.

Ironic that most cafe racer wannabes will never experience this, the actual reality of actual real cafe racers.

Although I do some work for a guy who sells special interest bikes and he ended up refunding a college kid his (mum's) money because there was no convincing him that it's normal for a 70's Triumph to shake like that. Same thing happened with a guy who wanted to buy his bambina until he actually test drove it and discovered what 'air cooled twin with unsynchronized gearbox' means in reality.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I saw a nice-looking cafe Honda while I was near the Soho House in Chicago (obviously) in the fancy restaurant area. It looked pretty clean, but I couldn't see where the hell they were keeping the battery.

In order to make a proper cafe racer, one has to take a street bike and make it as close as possible to the racing machines of the day. So buy an RSV4 Factory and...paint the brake rotors black? Then try to do the double-ton over an urban bridge on the way from a Starbucks to a Starbucks.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Oh, so the actual modern cafe racers are ADVrider types with DAKAR-alike bikes going starbucks to starbucks.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Coydog posted:

Oh, so the actual modern cafe racers are ADVrider types with DAKAR-alike bikes going starbucks to starbucks.

Yes, only instead it's CSB beating the poo poo out of his KTM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3468324759962107/?ref=search&referral_code=undefined

Always a weird feeling when you see one of your old bikes for sale again. This thing is actually worth (almost) that asking price considering I rebuilt nearly everything on it with oem parts, repaired and reinforced the cowl, and had it professionally painted. Forks are Racetech springs and emulators. The only marks on it are some scrapes on the exhaust and the scrape on the plastic gauge housing, for which I gave the new owner a perfect replacement for and he didn't replace it. Dick. Only 2k miles more on it now than when I sold it.

If anyone is looking for a Hawk I know every minute detail of this one.