Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Down With People posted:

Hey can someone help me out? I'm going crazy trying to find the Abject Suffering where Gary's character is someone who only wants to watch cartoons about a baby crawling across a girder, can anyone remember which episode that is?

I could have absolutely sworn the guys did an episode on Baby's Day Out, the game of the movie but I can't find it anywhere so maybe I'm mistaken

I also thought they did an episode on a Rugrats game but it turns out there are 2 Abject Sufferings on Rugrats games so I dunno man this sounds so familiar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I remember the premise of the game had nothing to do with it. It was just a game that they had nothing to say about so Gary pulled that out as a bit.

The Halogens
Sep 2, 2011

This is where that old Duckfeed wiki would have come in handy with a list page for all of Gary's characters (Garachters). Maynard had me rolling but I'll be damned if a year from now I can remember the episode.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
It was #301 Ghostbusters! AS is my go-to for video game background sound and it happened to come up randomly.

Gary's characters cause me so much pain and the only good part is Kole actively trying to twist and sabotage it

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

Whoolighams posted:

It was #301 Ghostbusters! AS is my go-to for video game background sound and it happened to come up randomly.

Gary's characters cause me so much pain and the only good part is Kole actively trying to twist and sabotage it

Thank you so god drat much, this is definitely my favourite character bit Gary's done

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

The Halogens posted:

all of Gary's characters (Garachters)

this is my scale for garachters

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Hitman 2 Gold for PS4 is down to $20 in the summer sale. After hearing nonstop raves I picked it up, looking forward to mascot shenanigans.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Looking forward to that Venture Bros chat soon! I listened to the little announcement episode today and thought about the pilot of Venture Bros premiering in like 2003. What the fuvk what is time im dustttt

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Funny that you guys mentioned Dexter on the latest MiMP, my wife just started watching it and Doakes (the "there's something fishy about this Dexter guy" cop) is a real piece of work.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
so about that timing of the new venture bros podcast...

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Is it just me or is the audio quality on the Plants v. Zombies WOFF episode really bad? I checked on my phone via Google Podcasts and my PC via RSS and it sounds really "watery," like one of those low bitrate MP3s you'd get off Kazaa in 2001.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Gary/Kole if you want a period piece zombie story (based on your RE0 discussion) check out Kingdom on Netflix, it's very good.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I know it's not exactly what they were talking about but Eternal Darkness really hits on a bunch of those points. Various periods in time with undead monsters, even a sequence set in colonial New England!

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

C-Euro posted:

Gary/Kole if you want a period piece zombie story (based on your RE0 discussion) check out Kingdom on Netflix, it's very good.

seconding this, it's an incredibly good show, especially if you dig korean period dramas.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
This was such a good month for Watch out for Fireballs! It was great to be able to revisit Soma through the episode, a game I adore. I'm also really happy they liked Doom 3. I think it's a really fun spook 'em up with lots of good jump scares. Their haunted house analogy was excellent. Horror games as a genre tend to be dominated by stealth gameplay which I personally find really tedious and uninteresting so games that are both scary and fun to play are pretty rare for me. I think Doom 3 really stands out in that regard.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Uh oh! https://mobile.twitter.com/GaryBuh/status/1330592604052803584

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Worrying if true https://twitter.com/koleross/status/1330639116929740803

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I for one support Gary in his shredding and wish him the best going forward. If there's a separate patreon just to help him shred, I'll donate.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Duckstream starting tonight and going until Sunday. Starts about two hours after this post.

http://duckfeed.tv/duckstream

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Aw man my DA2 response didn't make it on-air :( I sent it midday of the 15th, when you guys say "send your responses by the 15th of the month" is the 14th the actual last day you'll be looking for them?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Shout out to Woff for getting me to try both Return of the Obra Dinn and Enger the Gungeon over the Christmas break: 2 great but totally different games

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Shout out to Woff for getting me to try both Return of the Obra Dinn and Enger the Gungeon over the Christmas break: 2 great but totally different games

I gave Hitman 2 a try after listening to them rave about it. It's pretty good.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I gave Hitman 2 a try after listening to them rave about it. It's pretty good.

It was giant bomb that sold me on that one but still loved Gary and Koles coverage - probably the most unintentionally hilarious game I've ever played

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

JollyBoyJohn posted:

It was giant bomb that sold me on that one but still loved Gary and Koles coverage - probably the most unintentionally hilarious game I've ever played

I don't think you're giving IOI enough credit by calling the hilarity unintentional.

e: Obra Dinn was on sale and I played through it not realizing it would be on WOFF. Very excited to hear the reaction to it, and curious to see how it's discussed because it's so non-linear.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Obra dim, Disco Elysium, Hypnospace Outlaw and Outer Wilds are all masterpiece level reinventions of the Adventure Game and I'm so jazzed Woff has or will shortly be covering them all.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I don't think you're giving IOI enough credit by calling the hilarity unintentional.

e: Obra Dinn was on sale and I played through it not realizing it would be on WOFF. Very excited to hear the reaction to it, and curious to see how it's discussed because it's so non-linear.

Oh god dont get me wrong, the developers are in on the joke in a marvellous way, the unintentional humour is a result of my bumbling!

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Oh god dont get me wrong, the developers are in on the joke in a marvellous way, the unintentional humour is a result of my bumbling!

Oh that's fair. Yeah it is a fantastic "best laid plans" simulator. The Giant Bomb coverage is what sold me, too, and I loved hearing how much Gary and Kole enjoyed it on WOFF.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Haha yeah the Vinny run on the Christmas special in 2016 was the hardest i ever laughed at their videos!

Anyway I'm about 15 hours into Disco Elysium and can't wait to wrap it up for the podcast. Don't normally care about spoilers but they stressed to beat the game first and its been a great time so far. Rare a game makes you feel smart and dumb in the same breath.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
I have a ton of free time in my hands so I've just caught up with WOFF. Any similar podcasts I could listen to?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Spermando posted:

I have a ton of free time in my hands so I've just caught up with WOFF. Any similar podcasts I could listen to?

theres a UK based one called Cane and Rinse thats broadly the same kinda format. Hardcore Gaming 101 is also worth a shout, same kinda games club style. Retrovaniacs is also decent

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
Seconding Cane and Rinse. They have a much wider range of rotating hosts and guests, so you don't get to know the same couple of hosts like you do with most podcasts, but I find it nice to get a number of different perspectives.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Retro hour has been doing a games club podcast for a bit now. It's really good. And they focus on some of the weirder european stuff that passed by most of america like the zx spectrum. Not quite as in depth though

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Bonfireside chat is a good call, there’s a huge archive there.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
If you want something meatier, there's Lightning Strikes Thrice, a terrible idea of a JRPG games club that began with a season each on the FFXIII trilogy and has decided the next good idea after some one-offs is to play all three Xenosaga titles in a row.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Good recommendations. Does anybody know some podcasts focused on old PC games?

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Hi, this is a long shot here, but there were a couple of episodes of Abject/Exquisite Suffering in which Gary did a bit where he got some random nobodies on Cameo to do videos for Kole being like "Hey Kole, so and so here, I just wanted to wish you a happy labour day, I hear you're really into labour day and also I wanted to wish you the best of luck with your beekeeping venture". Does anyone know what episodes they were on?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Beartaco posted:

Hi, this is a long shot here, but there were a couple of episodes of Abject/Exquisite Suffering in which Gary did a bit where he got some random nobodies on Cameo to do videos for Kole being like "Hey Kole, so and so here, I just wanted to wish you a happy labour day, I hear you're really into labour day and also I wanted to wish you the best of luck with your beekeeping venture". Does anyone know what episodes they were on?

Oh shoot I remember something like that, was it the "Sassy Waiter?" I think that was AS 345 Silent Service.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Did something happen to the sekiro episodes? I subscribed to the Patron to listen but I can’t find them anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

The Kingfish posted:

Did something happen to the sekiro episodes? I subscribed to the Patron to listen but I can’t find them anywhere.

Just searched the early release feed for "sekiro" and they're still up. They're part of Bonfire Side Chat rather than WoFF, but the patreon feed should have everything.