Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Better implement some sort of control of the prices

*texas gop screams themselves into white hot ball of rage, blames dems and gets reelected*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

rip all the people that fled Cali for texas

Old hat man, everyone moved to Nashville*

*I do not advocate this on any level

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Milo and POTUS posted:

Better implement some sort of control of the prices

*texas gop screams themselves into white hot ball of rage, blames dems, incites rebellion and gets reelected*

ftfy

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Old hat man, everyone moved to Nashville*

*I do not advocate this on any level

in ct everyone moves to north carolina

whalers fandom runs deep still

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Welp, that was disappointing but not unexpected. What's next on Trump's legal peril itinerary (of consequences to squeeze his fat rear end out of), the Fulton county DA invistigating his phone call, SDNY finally getting off their asses, something else I've forgotten?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Defenestrategy posted:

holy poo poo, how does this even happen? I think Georgia right now is 4 cents kwh

Texas is an electrical island. They have very limited links to the east, west, and Mexico.

This is a choice they made because “FDR can’t do poo poo if Texas electricity stays in Texas”.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Is Enron back?

j3rkstore
Jan 28, 2009

L'esprit d'escalier

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

in ct everyone moves to north carolina

whalers fandom runs deep still

Every time I’m at a Canes game, it’s me who is screaming “Lets go Wha-lers”

https://youtu.be/TJtiepwpKFw

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

j3rkstore posted:

Every time I’m at a Canes game, it’s me who is screaming “Lets go Wha-lers”

https://youtu.be/TJtiepwpKFw

theyre still one of the highest selling teams in terms of nhl merch

best looking uniform in us professional sports

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

That 90s Arizona Coyotes jersey is probably the best

Pine Cone Jones fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Feb 14, 2021

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

another top tier

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

it's the Bucs dreamsicle unis, friends

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

ahem

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
I thought we all agreed to forget that jersey existed.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

it's the Bucs dreamsicle unis, friends

Those rule

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

facialimpediment posted:

We'll after all that, if you had the over, you probably won.

https://twitter.com/jonkarl/status/1360692425723957249?s=19

I expected 55, not 57. That's a hell of a number.

gently caress me I had 200 shares of Burr Yes on predictit at $.09 and set a sell order at $.10 and forgot about them, taking 10% instead of 10x

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

gat dang right. Forget breakfast - Hartford, the Whale, only wins once in a lifetime.

And dammit, this whole second trial was a waste, again.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Not even that team's best

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

A Bad Poster posted:

Not even that team's best

That is seriously a cool rear end jersey.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It's an expression of joy

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
https://twitter.com/iwriteok/status/1360699084844249091?s=21

I sincerely hope he's wrong but seems like the logical conclusion

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

maffew buildings posted:

https://twitter.com/iwriteok/status/1360699084844249091?s=21

I sincerely hope he's wrong but seems like the logical conclusion

it occurs to me that the next time it won't be a political question for the legislature, it will be a criminal question for the courts. He may have done his best to stack those, but his appointments have shown to be unreliable so far. Guess the lifetime appointment making them almost unfireable might be of some use

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
For some reason, there's an optimistic part of me that thinjs there won't be any more venues that want the liability of his rallies. He wouldn't even want them at his own properties. But I know better, there's going to be some sycophant who will let him trash their property just to say they got to thank you note from Junior.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
He killed an average of thirty-eight people via the virus every time he held a rally last summer.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
gently caress, I just realized the place I work is likely going to be one of the places Lara Trump will want to give a speech at if she does end up running for an NC senator seat. On paper it's a perfect place for republicans to quite literally preach to the choir.

If she does... gently caress it, I'll quit. I won't work for an organization that does business with a group of people who have made repeated jokes about the ethnic cleansing of my people (and that's just for starters). What should I tell Eric if I get the chance first?

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

https://twitter.com/usatoday/status/1360715132943405059?s=21

Lol

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
They're so loving stupid

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

They just love being in office, standing at podiums, respecting norms, and respecting each other. Just vibing.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Whatever Nancy.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Their purpose should be the eventual elimination of the Republican party and its ideals what the gently caress are they doing.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

A Bad Poster posted:

Their purpose should be the eventual elimination of the Republican party and its ideals what the gently caress are they doing.

Bowing to the ones who hold the leash around their necks, apparently.
Edit: rename the democratic position from Majority/Minority Whip to Majority/Minority Gimp.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

On the whole, Democrats are a bunch of bottoms waiting for someone to come along and top them.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
It's fine in context.

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1360749346111815681

Her message was basically: McConnell sucks, every non-convicting Republican sucks, and America can't survive with a Republican party that lovely and bad tethered to Trump. Pull out "America can't survive with a Republican party that lovely and bad" and she looks worse. It's not a bad move to keep prodding for a Trumplican-Institutionalist crackup.

(she should still shut up, just saying it's not that bad)

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

In general, I agree with the sentiment that an effective government needs a strong opposition, but how you can say this referring to this current Republican Party is loving beyond me.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Saying there are good and bad Republicans means that you like some Republicans which directly argues against people voting for Democrats. That's why real political parties that actually want to effect political change don't do that. For a domestic example of a real party: the Republicans. Can you imagine any R in any context saying some Dems are good and we need a strong Dem party? I can't. Because the Republicans want to defeat Democrats, not respect norms with them.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Duzzy Funlop posted:

In general, I agree with the sentiment that an effective government needs a strong opposition, but how you can say this referring to this current Republican Party is loving beyond me.

Apparently in context she said something close to what you're saying.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I'm going with even in context it's loving stupid

https://mobile.twitter.com/POTUS/status/1360385704442949635

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Feb 14, 2021

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Best Friends posted:

Saying there are good and bad Republicans means that you like some Republicans which directly argues against people voting for Democrats. That's why real political parties that actually want to effect political change don't do that. For a domestic example of a real party: the Republicans. Can you imagine any R in any context saying some Dems are good and we need a strong Dem party? I can't. Because the Republicans want to defeat Democrats, not respect norms with them.
I expect one motivating factor here is that the Democratic voting base includes a segment of people who idolize West Wing poo poo and the ideal of Bipartisanship.

You would think you could appeal to them with "America needs two parties of honest people, but we ain't got that, so we're going to keep on marching and they can clean their own house."

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Anyways, we need to impeach the president.

HE'S A GAMER

https://twitter.com/mviser/status/1360807395878973445

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
With Trump behind us and too far gone to discuss, we can better focus on national priorities that matter here and now. Like Benghazi.