Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

A Bad Poster posted:

Not even that team's best

true, that is joy incarnate. but the red/blue gave us this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

facialimpediment posted:

Anyways, we need to impeach the president.

HE'S A GAMER

https://twitter.com/mviser/status/1360807395878973445

a president that plays mario kart

what an age we live in

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Current event: harlequin novel about about an officer cop “senior platoon leader” and his love life.

https://twitter.com/leptopterygius/status/1360712470403244039?s=21

E: good reply

https://twitter.com/grimdetermin8n/status/1360720222764810241?s=21

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

oh poo poo the mario kart dx

gently caress if i was president camp david would look like akihabara

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

mlmp08 posted:

With Trump behind us and too far gone to discuss, we can better focus on national priorities that matter here and now. Like Benghazi.

Don't forget the deficit, which is a thing again now that the Democrats hold a slim majority they'll almost assuredly lose in 2022. :cripes:

I also wonder when HR 127's going to "go loud."

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Don't forget the deficit, which is a thing again now that the Democrats hold a slim majority they'll almost assuredly lose in 2022. :cripes:

2022 isnt too favorable to republicans iirc, with what races are going on and such

dems will still blow their foot off

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

facialimpediment posted:

It's fine in context.

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1360749346111815681

Her message was basically: McConnell sucks, every non-convicting Republican sucks, and America can't survive with a Republican party that lovely and bad tethered to Trump. Pull out "America can't survive with a Republican party that lovely and bad" and she looks worse. It's not a bad move to keep prodding for a Trumplican-Institutionalist crackup.

(she should still shut up, just saying it's not that bad)

Nancy sucks or whatever but the republicans have literally sold out the country for Donald fuckface. This country is hosed

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Remember when all the “hold my nose” republicans or “I’m just voting for no one or third party” conservatives swore up and down that secretly the party was just waiting to denounce him, and thus it was very important to be nice to Republicans and throw them policy bones?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Now more than ever brave DNC ally John Kasich is needed to make in roads to the GOP and ensure nothing to extreme legislation wise is pushed that may alienate Republicans

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Feb 14, 2021

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

mlmp08 posted:

With Trump behind us and too far gone to discuss, we can better focus on national priorities that matter here and now. Like Benghazi.

This. A million times this.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Probably never, just like when the bill was introduced in the last congress.

And, I assume, the one before that and probably the one before that.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

mlmp08 posted:

https://twitter.com/charliedaniels/status/1234457520174964736?lang=en

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Goddamn 2020 really was the simulation breaking down.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

McNally posted:

I'm not so sure this time. The only reason other thing I can think is that it could be used as a shakedown to get the gun industry to kick the DNC money through Dark Money PACs to ensure it never passes.

On the face of it, it's essentially copy/pasting Germany's gun laws, but in actuality all it'll do is make it so people like the St. Louis Karen and Darren couples are the only ones with the discretionary income to afford the mandatory 24h of training, yearly renewals, and $800/yr insurance.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

McNally posted:

Perpetually right around the corner, act now, while you’re highly emotional*:

Mandatory Gay Communism
Sharia Law
Total Gun / Ammo Ban

*please don’t read about how legislature works

What’s the Democratic “any day now” legislation bogeyman that never materializes?

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

mlmp08 posted:

What’s the Democratic “any day now” legislation bogeyman that never materializes?
Medicare4all :v:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

My state (RI) just put a bunch of gun bills into the house that would make it the most restricted in the country if passed as is. Of course all of them exempt current and retired police for life...

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Asehujiko posted:

Medicare4all :v:

Don't forget DC statehood, Puerto Rico statehood, legal marijuana, gun control, repealing Bush era tax cuts, now Trump tax cuts...

I know they haven't been in power in a bit but they really need to accomplish loving something.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I was thinking more what’s the perceived but never actualized GOP action that progressive groups use to try to scare you into donating, voting single issue, etc?

Does such an analogue readily exist?

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

facialimpediment posted:

Anyways, we need to impeach the president.

HE'S A GAMER

https://twitter.com/mviser/status/1360807395878973445

Looks like Biden mains Luigi. I knew he was a man of class an intelligence.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

mlmp08 posted:

I was thinking more what’s the perceived but never actualized GOP action that progressive groups use to try to scare you into donating, voting single issue, etc?

Medicare4all is probably the closest, but they suck at hitting that note the way republicans get people worked up about guns and abortions. Democrats have always been poo poo at messaging.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The powers that be in the party are pretty explicit about M4A being their sworn enemy though. Abortion is probably the closest but that's gonna dry up now that republicans hosed up and caught the car.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

shame on an IGA posted:

The powers that be in the party are pretty explicit about M4A being their sworn enemy though. Abortion is probably the closest but that's gonna dry up now that republicans hosed up and caught the car.

And for the other single issue voter... issue (need to reword that), the best thing for a gun salesman is a democrat president, or even just the fear of one. They dried up pretty bad under Trump (then everyone went all doomsday prepper last year and balanced it out). Now that Biden's in office with his "radical agenda" of having the wrong letter next to his name, business will be booming again.

On a more cynical note, they love it when a school gets shot up because folks think they're gonna start making gun laws now and hoover up as many guns as they can... every six weeks.

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012

mlmp08 posted:

The GOP doesn’t actually have a policy platform or vision of how the country should be run now that Paul Ryanism is dead with a stake through its heart. Gun groups are more about opposing any new changes to gun laws rather than advocating reforms which might lead to compromise, abortion rights are not in any more jeopardy than they were with a 5/4 court, and repealing the ACA has proven impossible, let alone doing something to medicare/ss. There’s nothing left except tax cuts, build the wall, and lock her up.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

https://twitter.com/CharlieDaniels/status/1360953201365831683

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Benghazi from beyond the grave. They really need to kill Twitter accounts of dead politicians and celebrities because they are always propaganda outlets by some right wing nutzo.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Next time I go back to TN I need to make a pitstop at his grave after eating enough Krystals to blow my rear end in a top hat out.

Also Mt Juliet, TN still has a city park named after him. So that needs to change.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Benghazi from beyond the grave. They really need to kill Twitter accounts of dead politicians and celebrities because they are always propaganda outlets by some right wing nutzo.

I got blocked by Chuck Yeager’s account when I called out his family for posting right wing garbage.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

That Works posted:

My state (RI) just put a bunch of gun bills into the house that would make it the most restricted in the country if passed as is. Of course all of them exempt current and retired police for life...

If you make guns illegal, then only italians will own guns

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

merge the dakotas and RI into a single state iMO

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

As Nero Danced posted:

And for the other single issue voter... issue (need to reword that), the best thing for a gun salesman is a democrat president, or even just the fear of one. They dried up pretty bad under Trump (then everyone went all doomsday prepper last year and balanced it out). Now that Biden's in office with his "radical agenda" of having the wrong letter next to his name, business will be booming again.

On a more cynical note, they love it when a school gets shot up because folks think they're gonna start making gun laws now and hoover up as many guns as they can... every six weeks.

Business has been booming for a long time. I haven't been able to buy ammo in loving months, unless I'm willing to spend close to $1/rd for 9mm.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

PookBear posted:

merge the dakotas and RI into a single state iMO

Having RI be part of Dakota in the most extreme UP of Michigan land separation situation would be hilarious

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Godholio posted:

Business has been booming for a long time. I haven't been able to buy ammo in loving months, unless I'm willing to spend close to $1/rd for 9mm.

Maybe someone knows, maybe not, I'm curious.

Say Maga McGunhoarder dies from Covid right, and he's estranged from the rest of his family for reasons. What happens to his firearms and ammo? Obviously you can't just chuck that stuff in the trash.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

It gets auctioned off by the bank to pay back his 3 mortgages on his lovely house.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

MRC48B posted:

It gets auctioned off by the bank to pay back his HELOC and 3 mortgages on his lovely house he used to place a bet in December for a Trump reelection.

Ftfy

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Defenestrategy posted:

Maybe someone knows, maybe not, I'm curious.

Say Maga McGunhoarder dies from Covid right, and he's estranged from the rest of his family for reasons. What happens to his firearms and ammo? Obviously you can't just chuck that stuff in the trash.

The same as the rest of his stuff. Depends where you live.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Naramyth posted:

Having RI be part of Dakota in the most extreme UP of Michigan land separation situation would be hilarious

There are a couple islands in the canadian maritimes that are part of france

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Feb 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

There are a couple islands in the canadian maritimes that are part of france

They’re formally fully part of France with MPD, the right to vote for president and EU MPs too.

It makes the US and UK look really hosed up to have not fully decolonized territories in the 21st century. (Though the UK doesn’t have many people living on those remaining islands)