Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Wow this ephemera is serious business

I dare you to go into at least one random team where noone is wearing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012

Screaming Idiot posted:

drat, you're right, why would you actually want to play the game when you could just watch a commercial for it instead, that's crazy

tbf i’m pretty sure they’ve never done a twitch drop that wasn’t something you could get through playing

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

hypnophant posted:

tbf i’m pretty sure they’ve never done a twitch drop that wasn’t something you could get through playing
They're usually a pittance too. Stuff like Khora/Harrow/Braton Vandal BPs (or the upcoming umbral) or tea-set repeats are the rare exceptions.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I know mostly everything in twitch drops is eventually available in other ways but getting out of my way to make a system think I watched a stream that I completely ignored in order to get (for example) an umbra forma is annoying. I know they want those twitch metrics to get closer and closer to the streams displayed on the front page but it's still an annoyance, chalk it up to another case of current madness.

Give me alerts, failing that give me repeats so I don't have to set up an ancient microlaptop to watch a stream at specific given times.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Warframe is an extraordinarily uninteresting game to watch people play. DE certainly isn't going to get their marketing push on Twitch without bribing people with drops.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

They're usually a pittance too. Stuff like Khora/Harrow/Braton Vandal BPs (or the upcoming umbral) or tea-set repeats are the rare exceptions.

A while back when they gave away the Harrow set and I missed it and I'm still pissed about it. Yeah, you can farm it, but I'm convinced the loving systems no longer exist.

Or if DE is so hard up to get people to watch Reb pretend to enjoy listening to her own stilted voicework at least make it so watching the VOD can trigger the drop, at least for a while afterward.

Screaming Idiot fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Feb 13, 2021

Unoriginality
Jan 1, 2008
Do I need to figure out how to leave my random pub clan prior to trying to join the goon clan, or is it only having pending invites that breaks poo poo?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Screaming Idiot posted:

A while back when they gave away the Harrow set and I missed it and I'm still pissed about it. Yeah, you can farm it, but I'm convinced the loving systems no longer exist.

Or if DE is so hard up to get people to watch Reb pretend to enjoy listening to her own stilted voicework at least make it so watching the VOD can trigger the drop, at least for a while afterward.

Alright now you're being weird about it.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Gonkish posted:

Did DE deliberately nerf Blood Rush/WW/Gladiator set, or is it bugged somehow?

The buffs seem to be falling off after a set amount of time, unless you're consistently connecting with the melee weapon IN MELEE RANGE.

If this is the case, I don't mind this, and also wish that Condition Overload gets nerfed into the ground. I am really sick and tired of that mod.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Cetus wisps: not great!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Orv posted:

Alright now you're being weird about it.

I question the use of the word "now" here, Orv.

but more broadly: It's not like anything has changed since the last time this came up. Twitch drops serve a different purpose and audience than in-game alerts, which Steve (not entirely jokingly) called "pay to sleep" for good reason when they were removed. There are valid reasons for this even if you or I or anyone doesn't like them, and they aren't likely to change anytime soon.

in conclusion, :shrug:

Fitzy Fitz posted:

farming those was one of the times when I really, really believed in "get a doubler or don't bother" ... so uh, sympathies I guess? Get a map, learn a route, count how many you need, don't overfarm for your sanity.

I'd say "oh buy them from the quills," except generating the rep to afford buying them from the quills in sufficient quantities requires, among other things, having at least some wisps to build a better amp. not great!

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Feb 13, 2021

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Yeah they suck but there is kind of a trick to hunting them! Best part is it only takes archwing and some way of loot detector (animal instinct on your pet works fine). I guess you could do it without archwing by just running around the lake if you don't have archwing yet.

Go to the plains (at night), hop into archwing, fly around the lake. Look for loot icons on the border of the lake on your minimap - see the picture below, where a loot icon is circled in pink.

That loot icon represents a Cetus Wisp. The below picture has a more blown-up picture of it - they're still very hard to see even if you know they're there but it's a bit easier in motion, as they kind of bob up and down. All you have to do is ground slam down onto it and then you have it. If you've got a resource doubler active, then you get two wisps!

Orv
May 4, 2011

Psion posted:

I question the use of the word "now" here, Orv.

I was trying to be nice but y'ain't wrong.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Victory Position posted:

If this is the case, I don't mind this, and also wish that Condition Overload gets nerfed into the ground. I am really sick and tired of that mod.

condition overload was already nerfed into the ground :v:

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

hypnophant posted:

if its exclusive, its either a big event (tennocon/athodai) that comes back later into baro's inventory(zylok), or cosmetics (cetus wisp decor)

usually. not sure new de is changing their philosophy.

I sort of don't mind them pumping stream numbers. I'm guessing they're just trying to get a better deal from twitch prime when they resign those bonuses.
Overall they could be a lot worse.

Screaming Idiot posted:

That I can help with. Bring two high strength buff wisps to defection and place speed/health nodes on all the medical spawns. Speeds them up and makes the game mode tolerable.

Unless systems is from kuva spy. Then you just need 3 people and not to fail a vault since its rot c.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Psion posted:

farming those was one of the times when I really, really believed in "get a doubler or don't bother" ... so uh, sympathies I guess? Get a map, learn a route, count how many you need, don't overfarm for your sanity.

I'd say "oh buy them from the quills," except generating the rep to afford buying them from the quills in sufficient quantities requires, among other things, having at least some wisps to build a better amp. not great!

Cetus wisps are one of those things where having an archwing helps a lot. There's a few things you may not know about archwings:

1) Your warframe passive affects archwing performance. Play equinox for fake equilibrium, play hildryn for better shield gating. Or play Mirage and boost around uncomfortably fast. Perfect for plains!
2) Aura mods work in archwing. You want loot radar. Thief's wit doesn't work, you need the aura.
4) arcanes work in archwing too! Mostly energize, if you are so lucky.
3) Itzal's 3 scoops loot if its in range. Buy the range mod (energy amplifier?) if you don't have it, and the Flow/+max energy equivalent (auxiliary power?). Cold snap, the augment, also freezes enemies so they stop shooting you on a loot run.

What this means is you can just do a terrain-skimming left to right flyby of the plains at night and scoop wisps real easy. They look like regular chest dots on the minimap, but are always on waterlines. You can sorta tell which is which once you're familiar with the area: Basically do a left to right sweep of the map starting with the geyser lake, then loop around to renthi spring and the big rear end lake on the right side.
there's a big 100 energy chest near the gates, and another on the eidolon-shrine island, and a few scattered about. Bring an ignis to pop chests.

A wisp run is fast enough you can still get a few during the day. If you don't have an itzal you can fly over the wisps manually.

tldr; forget about wormhole nova and just do an archwing flyby in loot radar mirage itzal.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Unoriginality posted:

Do I need to figure out how to leave my random pub clan prior to trying to join the goon clan, or is it only having pending invites that breaks poo poo?

You need to leave your current clan.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I built a 212 amp and goddamn this is a step up

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Like swapping out a pop-gun for a Barrett 50cal.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Quill posted:

Like swapping out a pop-gun for a Barrett 50cal.

It's like climbing a shiny, golden wire to freedom.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Fitzy Fitz posted:

The mote amp is one of the most egregious "that they give you this as a starter is legit hostile and ruins the first impression of the mechanic" examples i can think of, followed by the starter AW Imperator. Even if they just started you on a 111 it'd instantly feel so much more usable.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Fitzy Fitz posted:

there's some useful fortuna arcanes. See if you can get a goon buddy to give you one a low-ranking heat convert arcane. Being able to do armor strip on an amp at all is a huge step up. (i recommend a low rank one so its not all entirely gone; void damage is still sorta useful, you just need one proc for the armor halving effect)

Also grats on your crafting endeavor!

With that specific amp, you might also be interested in Virtuous Tempo. Its charge time makes the Pencha laser charge faster because ROF. I think the recharge time brace lets you fire it continously/forever, but there's a certain level of tempo that makes it not-quite fast enough. (I can confirm the fortuna lowcap-evenfaster-recharge brace lets you fire indefinitely even with tempo maxed tho)

TheParadigm fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Feb 14, 2021

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
The thing about Amp scaling is that it is fairly flat, each "tier" of Amp Prism all have about the same damage per unit energy. They're almost like sidegrades, do you want range? RoF? Dumping your energy asap? Weird mechanics?

Nothing like regular weapons, which scale with multiple exponents. Like the difference between a fully modded and an unmodded gun can be something like a 60x damage multiplier.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
My walking around amp is a 147 or 747. As long as you match your stats, it's pretty easy to build a good one once you get access to the better braces. Status amps like the Schwaak or crit amps like Raplak or Klamora are really effective once you get the status and crit +damage arcanes. Prisms are mostly feel, but it's way easier to get some serious numbers out if you lean into one stat.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Feb 14, 2021

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Helter Skelter posted:

Are you sure you're not just having trouble generating combo to begin with?

A thing to note about the Volatile mods is that the explosions do not generate combo, only direct hits. Since your explosions will be killing a not-insignificant number of the enemies you face, shifting to less combo-focused build when using them would be a smart move (or use Xoris and normal combos instead of throws to get your multiplier up quickly).

As for Baruuk, it's actually a similar situation: the waves don't (and have never) generated combo, only direct hits with actual fists, so torturing the Gladiator set to work with it is highly ill-advised.

I run Naramon on Baruuk and I know how long the decay is, roughly. The buff doesn't decay like it normally would (as the multiplier decays), it just falls off completely after a set amount of time. It acts like the combo multiplier itself has been lost, when it clearly hasn't been.

Glaives seem to have the same issue, but only when they hit enemies far away. If I don't make it a point to fling the thing at my feet, it won't maintain the buff.

It seems like it's the BR/WW/Glad buffs unintentionally being given their own duration (refreshed by landing hits within a specific radius around you) rather than being tied to the actual combo multiplier.

There's a post on their forums about this, too, although people there are claiming it's the Xoris, but it seems to be everything, just difficult to produce.

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Feb 15, 2021

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
There seems to be an Arcane helmet (Ash Scorpion) in the Nightwave this week. Wonder if that's intentional.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

It appeared along with the hammer skin that increases swing speed at the expense of combo duration, so I have to assume it’s intentional. Bold move to lock us into specific fashionframe in order to gain small bonuses, bolder still when it’s a hat for an unpopular Warframe that gives you aim glide time at the expense of ability efficiency!

Sarcasm aside I do like the concept of tradeoffs (it’s what all those corrupted mods are based on and I use a lot of those) so idk let’s see if this is going anywhere or if it’s a one-off “let the newcomers get the old weird stuff” thing.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

It also costs you an arcane slot which, lol

Of course I bought one, what the hell else am I going to do with these credits

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

BMan posted:

It also costs you an arcane slot which, lol

Of course I bought one, what the hell else am I going to do with these credits

To buy Kuva and Nitain to feed your raging chemical dependence.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Reb just said on Reddit that its going to be fixed first thing when she's in the office on Tuesday so hurry up and pick it up now if you want it

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Hey, you, yeah you, the person who wants twitch drops and skipped the last page of the thread, you must unlink and relink your twitch setup in order to get any drops in the future, including the upcoming Umbra Forma BP drop aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:frogsiren:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1249107-warframe-twitch-drops-20-coming-february-16th/ has instructions on how to do it

quote:

A VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: Everyone must relink their Twitch Account to their Warframe Account to be eligible for Twitch Drops 2.0. Follow these easy steps below to unlink/relink:

Log into the correct Twitch account at https://www.twitch.tv/ that you use to watch Warframe streams
Unlink Warframe to Twitch by clicking https://www.warframe.com/twitch/unlink_action
Go to https://www.twitch.tv/settings/connections, then find Warframe listed under OTHER CONNECTIONS, click DISCONNECT and then confirm by clicking Yes, Disconnect

edit: here's the list of things you can get this week for helping artificially boost Twitch viewership numbers
Monday: There will be no live stream as the team is away for a holiday in Canada
Tuesday: Orokin Reactor Blueprint
Wednesday: Cadenza Helmet Blueprint
Thursday: Nelumbo Shawzin

Prop Wash fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Feb 16, 2021

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

thanks for the reminder prop

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I will say, I like the fact that it tells you up front that the drop is working

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I assume there was a stream today, since when I turned my monitor on this morning it had been jumped to some other streamer. Went to check inventory and nada. Looking at the forums it's broken in multiple ways. So, like, situation normal I guess?

Edit: After reading further it doesn't matter when you claim as long as the campaign is still valid. The campaign lasts the length of the stream. I honestly don't know how they thought no one would notice that.

Mailer fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Feb 17, 2021

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Mailer posted:

I assume there was a stream today, since when I turned my monitor on this morning it had been jumped to some other streamer.

You have to actually click a button to start the drop timer now, so, that method is out

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Mailer posted:

I assume there was a stream today, since when I turned my monitor on this morning it had been jumped to some other streamer. Went to check inventory and nada. Looking at the forums it's broken in multiple ways. So, like, situation normal I guess?

Edit: After reading further it doesn't matter when you claim as long as the campaign is still valid. The campaign lasts the length of the stream. I honestly don't know how they thought no one would notice that.

So, does that mean we have to actually be there at the end of the stream to actually click on the drat thing for delivery? That sucks and they should expect a dip in viewers if they can't get stuff by idling and doing something interesting instead.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
I don't trust this system one bit. Last time they tried this, a lot of people never saw the button pop up, even though they were properly setup.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

BMan posted:

You have to actually click a button to start the drop timer now, so, that method is out

It's basically what everyone expected would happen, and what DE swore wouldn't happen, and then it happened.

SIGSEGV posted:

That sucks and they should expect a dip in viewers if they can't get stuff by idling and doing something interesting instead.

Sadly, I doubt it'll be that huge. Sure, they'll lose anyone who doesn't live within specific timezones that doesn't make a bot for it, but given how chat is a shitfest of scrolling on any stream I doubt they care. There might be a "uh, that... we're, uh, working on it... with twitch, um..." mention in another stream and then it'll just be the new normal.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Besides the Devstream which is actually interesting nobody wants to watch the non-devstreams, they want the free poo poo. If there was no free prize viewership would have hit rock bottom forever ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Well, at least we can learn to completely disregard the blatant advertising streams now that they're actively disincentivizing a large portion of their base from tuning in. So kudos, DE! This change is almost as cool as Railjack and Lunaro!