Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
We regret to inform you that the girl bot is racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

The Bloop posted:

Every loving time, can we just get one robot that isn't secretly horribly problematic one way or another??????

JUST ONE!

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Volmarias posted:

Every loving time, can we just get one robot that isn't secretly horribly problematic one way or another??????

JUST ONE!

They're not racist, it's just a part of robot culture. Heritage, not hate!

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxDBARnJl3Q

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Autobots Ackbar

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

WrightOfWay posted:

They're not racist, it's just a part of robot culture. Heritage, not hate!

According to their programming it's just logical

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Isn't it Haraam to build anything in the likeness of man? Like, a non-humanoid is fine, but the moment you make it people-shaped you start to cross a line?

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Screaming Idiot posted:

Isn't it Haraam to build anything in the likeness of man? Like, a non-humanoid is fine, but the moment you make it people-shaped you start to cross a line?

You're thinking of DUNE

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Screaming Idiot posted:

Only very conservative Muslims care about that stuff, and I think that's only a Sunni thing too.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

moon autobot?

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

Tricky D posted:

You're thinking of DUNE

nah, dune is fine with giant death robots, it's when you build dangerous stuff like clippy or alexa the empire starts landing saudarkar for a pogrom.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

The Bloop posted:

"My milkshake brings-

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

i live in a gated apartment complex (they're all gated in phoenix to keep the poors out)

recently our complex has experienced a couple of burglaries, so management used that as an excuse to WELD SHUT all the pedestrian access points along the entire perimeter of the complex, leaving only the parking lot gate untouched (the one designed to accommodate cars)

the problem with this is that the only way the parking lot gate opens is by sensor, which only triggers for car-sized objects (there is no button or manual override). i don't own a car. so i quite literally cannot leave my apartment complex of my own accord.

time to bike to work? i'm doing circles in the parking lot like an idiot waiting for a real person in a car to leave. wanna take my dog for a walk? gotta bake on the asphalt with my dog and wait for a real person to leave.

phoenix is a horrific example of suburban sprawl, designed entirely around the personal automobile. i'm observing myself being erased in real-time.

Qwazes
Sep 29, 2014
Fun Shoe

God Hole posted:

i live in a gated apartment complex (they're all gated in phoenix to keep the poors out)

recently our complex has experienced a couple of burglaries, so management used that as an excuse to WELD SHUT all the pedestrian access points along the entire perimeter of the complex, leaving only the parking lot gate untouched (the one designed to accommodate cars)

the problem with this is that the only way the parking lot gate opens is by sensor, which only triggers for car-sized objects (there is no button or manual override). i don't own a car. so i quite literally cannot leave my apartment complex of my own accord.

time to bike to work? i'm doing circles in the parking lot like an idiot waiting for a real person in a car to leave. wanna take my dog for a walk? gotta bake on the asphalt with my dog and wait for a real person to leave.

phoenix is a horrific example of suburban sprawl, designed entirely around the personal automobile. i'm observing myself being erased in real-time.

Call the fire marshal and they should ram those doors open (according to a discussion I saw on reddit where people had the same problem)

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Qwazes posted:

Call the fire marshal and they should ram those doors open (according to a discussion I saw on reddit where people had the same problem)

it hurts to know this is a widespread problem, but i think i will try this, thanks!

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Seriously what if say there was a fire in the complex which took out the power to the gate?

That's just insane

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Kitfox88 posted:

moon autobot?

MOON BOT?

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

God Hole posted:

here this should speed up your quest.

https://www.phoenix.gov/firesite/Documents/d_035278.pdf

page 14 shows requirements for pedestrian gates to open from complex side without any special key or knowledge.

straight from Phoenix no less!

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

God Hole posted:

the triangle shirtwaist factory fire happened on march 25, 1911, so you better do something before the anniversary brings about its cosmic realignment

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qoh1cpsKsu1s1ddrj.mp4

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

*extremely baby boomer voice* Why won't these millennials put down their dang phones

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Yeah, that's actually something I'll recommend to my sister for her 14 month old son.

We all grew up with toy phones, I don't really see how this is any different (except for the shape obviously) or lovely cyberpunk dystopia?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
kids like to mimic their parents actions yeah :thunk:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
phones bad and also i am old :colbert:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

God Hole posted:

The fire marshal should get things moving, but my first thought was to Crowdfund a cordless angle grinder. Maybe not worth going to jail in a pandemic, though.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

God Hole posted:

Somewhere in arizona, a fire marshal's mustache is standing on end and he's not sure why.

Definitely contact the local fire department and figure this out, this is dangerous and the owner will only learn via the medium of paying money and being publicly embarrassed.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Volmarias posted:

Somewhere in arizona, a fire marshal's mustache is standing on end and he's not sure why.

Definitely contact the local fire department and figure this out, this is dangerous and the owner will only learn via the medium of paying money and being publicly embarrassed.

Lol will a fire marshal actually care about anything until it burns down, I'm getting real "don't gently caress with the capitol police" vibes

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

SchnorkIes posted:

Lol will a fire marshal actually care about anything until it burns down, I'm getting real "don't gently caress with the capitol police" vibes

DON'T set off the fire alarm.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

SchnorkIes posted:

They get to stand there and glare as the owner unfucks the property while they watch, that's poo poo you could sell tickets to.

E: yeah, I do get that at a certain point we all expect the authorities to give a poo poo more than they actually do :(

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Cigarettes are a major cause of heart disease

The study of children in Manchester showed that the more cigarettes the youngsters had smoked during their lifetime the lower their risk of a heart attack and stroke, heart failure or other major cardiovascular problems.

Dr Adie Tomer, an author of the study at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania said: 'Our findings show that less tobacco use in childhood increases the risk of adverse cardiovascular outcomes later in life.'

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

SchnorkIes posted:

nah, I work with Fire Marshals every day. they love getting to break up petty fiefdoms that think their personal opinions override the safety of the public and of course first responders.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

boo boo bear posted:

nah, dune is fine with giant death robots, it's when you build dangerous stuff like clippy or alexa the empire starts landing saudarkar for a pogrom.

yeah it's a really good policy agreed.

peepeepants
Oct 9, 2001

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

https://twitter.com/QAGreenways/status/1361096658772131840?s=20

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

You’d think that snow would get white privilege.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5hir4iu6KI

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

A Russian troll farm posted:

Cigarettes are a major cause of heart disease

The study of children in Manchester showed that the more cigarettes the youngsters had smoked during their lifetime the lower their risk of a heart attack and stroke, heart failure or other major cardiovascular problems.

Dr Adie Tomer, an author of the study at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania said: 'Our findings show that less tobacco use in childhood increases the risk of adverse cardiovascular outcomes later in life.'

:thunk:

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/AthertonKD/status/1361414871087161348?s=20

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Ah yes, VR headsets for the people who can afford medicine, rent, or heat, but not all three at once.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

they will need to cough up more than $600 if they want VR hentai to stop civil unrest. those things aren't cheap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Volmarias posted:

Ah yes, VR headsets for the people who can afford medicine, rent, or heat, but not all three at once.

Consumer electronics are literally the only thing that's becoming cheaper over time so this checks out yeah