Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

The Shortest Path posted:

What skills do you need to man a keepstar?

Technically none but theres like 5 skills you can train in a month and a half and be perfectly skilled with the launchers and ewar and poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer
It's these:

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Solus posted:

Technically none but theres like 5 skills you can train in a month and a half and be perfectly skilled with the launchers and ewar and poo poo

What’s that probe looking thing on the screenshot?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Kerbtree posted:

What’s that probe looking thing on the screenshot?

Warp Disruption Sphere launcher - so you're also an interdictor. (You can have neut burst, ecm burst or a few others)

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

This reminds me, POS-weapons still work, right? Didn't CCP plan to switch off everything they'd replaced with new structures? That's why invention, production, reactions and all that poo poo doesn't work on POS anymore. Shouldn't POS weapons and e-war have been deleted by now?

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
I am 6 weeks old newbee and even I know the POS code memes

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER
it is 0430

I am higher than I have ever been

I have been hacking with Russians and Aussies for hours

Russglish is a thing

I am in heaven

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Libluini posted:

This reminds me, POS-weapons still work, right? Didn't CCP plan to switch off everything they'd replaced with new structures? That's why invention, production, reactions and all that poo poo doesn't work on POS anymore. Shouldn't POS weapons and e-war have been deleted by now?

god i loving wish

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
I quit over CCP's inability to create a long promised 'fob' type base, between a mobdepo and a pos.
God the code is still there, why you don't deliver!

Huttan
May 15, 2013

Bob Socko posted:

Have you ever Doomsday’d a pod? Why / why not?

Back in the olden days (like before I started playing Eve), doomsdays were an AOE and apparently you could shoot them through a cyno beacon. Or maybe that was the old geezers bullshitten me.

In a similar note, back when we were living in Deklein, someone put light missiles on a Phoenix and found out that siege mode didn't work for light missiles (yes, they were blapping a pod, it probably took 2-3 minutes to finish targeting it).

The Claptain posted:

The Shortest Path posted:

What skills do you need to man a keepstar?
It's these:

I think you also need Starbase defense management - maybe that's only for POS gunner though.

Libluini posted:

They'd probably break everything if they touch POS code any more than they have.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Huttan posted:

In a similar note, back when we were living in Deklein, someone put light missiles on a Phoenix and found out that siege mode didn't work for light missiles (yes, they were blapping a pod, it probably took 2-3 minutes to finish targeting it).

I remember
E:
ship, too

Kerbtree fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Feb 14, 2021

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Huttan posted:

Back in the olden days (like before I started playing Eve), doomsdays were an AOE and apparently you could shoot them through a cyno beacon. Or maybe that was the old geezers bullshitten me.

This was true, tho I think firing through the cyno was a bug.

Huttan posted:

They'd probably break everything if they touch POS code any more than they have.

Its long been known that the POS code is load bearing

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

RFC2324 posted:

This was true, tho I think firing through the cyno was a bug.

Nope, entirely intentional. It was part of their plans when they first announced doomsdays. They were told this was hilariously bad idea but the senior designer who first cooked up player owned titans and superweapons was an idiot, Oveur is a name that rings a bell?.

Then Sir Molle got his on his alt Shrike (avatar) and picked a fight with goonswarm and the old NC (no dot). I remember many a time travelling through fountain in a battleship fleet only to see a lone BoB cruiser come through a stargate and drop a cyno. Then the screen would go white (or black) and you'd wake back up in your clone station. After a few full bs fleet welps to the tactic the old NC cooked up a battleship fit that could take a doomsday, but then OrangeSpecies got a Rag. So then it became two DDs through a cyno. Even if you knew where either of the titans were you couldn't do poo poo as they only needed to stick their nose out of a pos shield to fire.

Dumber times.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

rocket_Magnet posted:

Nope, entirely intentional. It was part of their plans when they first announced doomsdays. They were told this was hilariously bad idea but the senior designer who first cooked up player owned titans and superweapons was an idiot, Oveur is a name that rings a bell?.

Then Sir Molle got his on his alt Shrike (avatar) and picked a fight with goonswarm and the old NC (no dot). I remember many a time travelling through fountain in a battleship fleet only to see a lone BoB cruiser come through a stargate and drop a cyno. Then the screen would go white (or black) and you'd wake back up in your clone station. After a few full bs fleet welps to the tactic the old NC cooked up a battleship fit that could take a doomsday, but then OrangeSpecies got a Rag. So then it became two DDs through a cyno. Even if you knew where either of the titans were you couldn't do poo poo as they only needed to stick their nose out of a pos shield to fire.

Dumber times.

How the gently caress did this game survive years of the devs blatantly cheating in favor of BoB? This poo poo, t20, it seems like it was just constant

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Baculus posted:

it is 0430

I am higher than I have ever been

I have been hacking with Russians and Aussies for hours

Russglish is a thing

I am in heaven

It was my first fleet in weeks and it was incredible

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

That sexy, sexy man in that Vagabond

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Ynglaur posted:

Wait, why don't you use IBM Cloud for that instead of AWS...

Because 95% of what IBM offers is aimed at people who are "stuck" with their tech for one reason or another and they haven't done anything right or good in 20 years beyond mega high end computing the likes of which very few customers need. Even azure makes a better cloud solution than IBM and MS are a pack of fuckups.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Solus posted:

490 for a keepstar actually. DD has that range too

Aw gently caress. Well this answers the question "Is it possible to play station fuckfuck games" and the answer is no.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

rocket_Magnet posted:

Dumber times.
They used noobie ships, not cruisers, iirc. It was ridiculously dumb.

And then there was POS bowling, where you warped a titan into a POS that you didn't have the password for and it's knock ships out of the POS where you could shoot them. BoB did this for years. The very first time a goon titan did this, it was declared an exploit. Literally within an hour of it happening. :ccp:

Dik Hz fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Feb 14, 2021

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Feels like a big breakout in M2. Timing makes sense for a big play, let's gooooo

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

nope just kidding probably just more bubble footsie :v:

Fqubed
Dec 12, 2013

coelomate posted:

nope just kidding probably just more bubble footsie :v:

Fucks sake, I wanted an excuse to get away from the inlaws

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

Fqubed posted:

Fucks sake, I wanted an excuse to get away from the inlaws

If internet space ships was going to work as an excuse, why not just tell them you have to do your hair?

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Rhymenoserous posted:

Because 95% of what IBM offers is aimed at people who are "stuck" with their tech for one reason or another and they haven't done anything right or good in 20 years beyond mega high end computing the likes of which very few customers need. Even azure makes a better cloud solution than IBM and MS are a pack of fuckups.

Hey now, MS technical peeps are generally competent. It is not their fault they have to deal with the rest of Microsoft :v:

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

quote:

New talking point - PAPI have nothing better to do than play bubble footsie on Valentines Day - For any questions of significant gravitas please speak to Angry Mustache.
This was a coord broadcast from cryo_huren to redditswarm at 2021-02-14 19:34:34.681197 EVE

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Huttan posted:

I'm old, I remember! It scared the hell out of me when I came back and heard that hundreds of titans can show up to a fight, because I assumed doomsdays were still AOE. Once upon a time, we had a battleship doctrine whose big selling point was that it had a double-doomsday tank because driveby doomsdays were a very real problem.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Yeah hold on let me go fire up a Reddit posting war on Valentine’s Day implying the other side has nothing better to do.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
only a nerd would post on the internet on valentines day

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Stereotype posted:

no

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Yeah hold on let me go fire up a Reddit posting war on Valentine’s Day implying the other side has nothing better to do.

:thejoke:

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Solus posted:

redditswarm

I'm getting these broadcasts but I'm not sure what it is. Do I get a badge and decoder ring?

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Stereotype posted:

Stop gapekeeping nerdism. You can be a nerd without posting today.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

A titan pilot in Brave purchased the 'Silver Ticket' - sold their titan to the alliance to escape the M2 hellcamp. Allegedly the pilot was a main, so I guess ~45 days of being unable to play got to the poor bastard.

That's some beautiful cultural victory poo poo right there.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

coelomate posted:

A titan pilot in Brave purchased the 'Silver Ticket' - sold their titan to the alliance to escape the M2 hellcamp. Allegedly the pilot was a main, so I guess ~45 days of being unable to play got to the poor bastard.

That's some beautiful cultural victory poo poo right there.

Not only that, they flipped to join us, too.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Boy, that brought back memories!

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

dragonshardz posted:

Not only that, they flipped to join us, too.

is it a recruitment scam if they actually get to join goons?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Bob Socko posted:

I'm old, I remember! It scared the hell out of me when I came back and heard that hundreds of titans can show up to a fight, because I assumed doomsdays were still AOE. Once upon a time, we had a battleship doctrine whose big selling point was that it had a double-doomsday tank because driveby doomsdays were a very real problem.

Can't stop the Rokh baby. I got dd'd twice in an op in like 2007 and survived.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?
So, clearly jumping into a super loaded grid isn't BRAVE's fault, it's the game's fault.

Of all the hills to die on, is this really the one they've chosen?

Being ex-TEST or ex-Am0kdotte had never caused any concerns when I actively played the game, the only thing I ever ran into (and probably rightfully so) was being ex-PL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
"If Imperium wanted to be the nice guys they'd feel sorry for the for the players that have titan mains who can't play due to the trap, but ofc they have went straight back to the bully tactics known well within Delve and the Imperium and are continuing to camp them in."

So you followed a bonehead FC and jumped your titan into in a hellcamp. You don't have any other alts to play? No problem, we'll let you cyno out. The past six months of you and your pals trying to eliminate us from the game are just water under the bridge. Soz mate! o7

loving. Idiots.