Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

you should start budgeting for real lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Now imaging if you will that next to the scrap wood shoe matt (damn right im going to have people kick off their shoes before entering my tiny home) a rocking chair or camping chair, and then beside that a small grill or sawn off 55-gallon barrel sitting on top of a wire spool.

Space Kablooey posted:

you should start budgeting for real lol

I just have horrible impulse control, so I lock my money away from myself. I unlocked it though for this property purchase though so I'm trying not to squander it lol. Eve echoes was suppose to be my financial simulator to develope better financial habits. I accidently ended up helping run a couple corporations instead. Now hopefully I can sit back and relax a bit and refocus into the financial simulator I was intending it to be.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Rytheric posted:

Eve echoes was suppose to be my financial simulator to develope better financial habits.

:eyepop:

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Rytheric posted:

Anyway, she introduced me to a used book store today and I accidently bought an armful of books and an electric violin.

Every verse a diamond
And every chorus gold

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'm very quickly realizing this thread isn't about a house at all.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Rytheric posted:

Now hopefully I can sit back and relax a bit and refocus into the financial simulator I was intending it to be.

Please keep like a Captain's log of this, it'll be like a Let's Play of your entire saga

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Now imaging if you will that next to the scrap wood shoe matt (damn right im going to have people kick off their shoes before entering my tiny home) a rocking chair or camping chair, and then beside that a small grill or sawn off 55-gallon barrel sitting on top of a wire spool.

um excuse me posted:

The house will come once everything clears with the land. I might start working on finishing the floor and ceiling to my boxtruck now that I have a maxaire fan. I'm just scared to spend to much money while I'm waiting to buy this land and I have to move out of the box truck to work on it

Edit: This is like filler episodes before something epic happens.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Hey now. It was working until it became a business simulator.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Roy's space boxtruck haulin, from jita to null :grovertruk:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

um excuse me posted:

Indeed. It's about Bigpeeler 2.0.

Wanna hear that electric fiddle getting played.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Lodin posted:

Indeed. It's about Bigpeeler 2.0.

Hopefully the saga of Rytheric turns out better than ol' bp did :smith:

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Who is Bigpeeler?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Rytheric posted:

Who is Bigpeeler?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1690

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

um excuse me posted:

Correct.
It's about a home

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

freelop posted:

Correct.
It's about a home

MurderHöme :kimchi:

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Land of MurderHaus update. Soil scientist completed his report for super cheap which means I can move on to the next step of the process which is to have the land surveyed (this could have came before the perc test; however, in cases like this a perc test was more important). After that I need to get my excavator cert so I can rent an excavator for cheap to do another perc test for the health department. Everyone is telling me to wait for the septic permit before buying, but its hard to wait.

Unfortunately, I may not have enough space to put a second MurderHaus as the potential septic field area takes up half of my property unless I go all modern with the panel blocks. I also have to move my well further away.

I also asked a modeling company to make scale model Timbers for me so I can make a 1:12 scale model of the MurderHaus. They said it was possible so I may make one right quick.

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009

Rytheric posted:

So im thinking of building models of the Timbershitters and MurderHaus. There is a site that sells mini materials for model construction called https://www.minimaterials.com but the MurderHaus uses uncommon timber dimensions. Im going to ask them if they will make scaled Timbers based on the dimensions I have. But if not, would one of yall be interested in making mini Timbers for me? I will pay lol.

What about a 3d printed model - you could sell them as a supplemental income stream.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Drone posted:

Hopefully the saga of Rytheric turns out better than ol' bp did :smith:

What happened beyond him going back to FARK and posting in pretty much every thread? Last I checked a couple of years ago he was still king poo poo over there.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Rapulum_Dei posted:

What about a 3d printed model - you could sell them as a supplemental income stream.

I considered it. A MurderHausfor every home! But then I'd have to buy a 3d printer.

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009
Not necessarily :heysexy:

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice

Rytheric posted:

Land of MurderHaus update. Soil scientist completed his report for super cheap which means I can move on to the next step of the process which is to have the land surveyed (this could have came before the perc test; however, in cases like this a perc test was more important). After that I need to get my excavator cert so I can rent an excavator for cheap to do another perc test for the health department. Everyone is telling me to wait for the septic permit before buying, but its hard to wait.

Unfortunately, I may not have enough space to put a second MurderHaus as the potential septic field area takes up half of my property unless I go all modern with the panel blocks. I also have to move my well further away.

I also asked a modeling company to make scale model Timbers for me so I can make a 1:12 scale model of the MurderHaus. They said it was possible so I may make one right quick.

Don't you want to garden and live off the land? Correct me if I'm wrong, I was under the impression it's advised to not grow anything over a septic field. That's half your land that's taken into non-productivity.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Raised bed gardens are better anyways, no one wants to be hunched over plants all day.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

um excuse me posted:

Raised bed gardens are better anyways, no one wants to be hunched over plants all day.

Just dig ditches next to the garden :eng99:

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:
Keep on keeping on OP.

If you run in to too many regulations out east, you should move to western NC. We appreciate unorthodox ideas and eccentric living, plus the more rural counties have super jank building codes you can take advantage of, without the layers of grift you run in to east of the triangle.
I say this as a person who lived on a micro farm in a house that used to be a cellar and a shack, that was barely larger than a tiny home when I lived there.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

taqueso posted:

Just dig ditches next to the garden :eng99:

Planting soil is easier to add than grass/packed dirt/rocks/roots are to dig up. Plus digging down adds a bunch of draining issues.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Ry check this out if the current murderhaus doesn’t work out: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/37913-Avoca-Ave-Zephyrhills-FL-33541/46436152_zpid/

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Ardemia posted:

Keep on keeping on OP.

If you run in to too many regulations out east, you should move to western NC. We appreciate unorthodox ideas and eccentric living, plus the more rural counties have super jank building codes you can take advantage of, without the layers of grift you run in to east of the triangle.
I say this as a person who lived on a micro farm in a house that used to be a cellar and a shack, that was barely larger than a tiny home when I lived there.

I actually live in the triad area. I'd like to live north/northwest of Winston but then I'm getting bit away aways from lakes and work, but closer to family.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Lodin posted:

What happened beyond him going back to FARK and posting in pretty much every thread? Last I checked a couple of years ago he was still king poo poo over there.

Lol.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

nice

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Zillow is too refined for my tastes, I prefer taking my chances with Facebook marketplace lol.

Here is my comparative listing. A third the price in my area.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NCREI/permalink/921947028560668/

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
You need more than 3/4 an acre, man. Shame you're not out west, plenty of $500-1000/acre land nobody wants out here. Tighter water restrictions though, and land that cheap is always a hell of a step away from a hardware store.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
My house is on 2/3 an acre and I've got a decent front and back yard, I think. Amount of land is going to be a subjective issue.

I just cleared my back yard last year. This is probably 1/3 acre.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Going by the folk lore that an acre is the amount a person can scythe grass for in a day (debating whether im scything or not) the 3/4th acre may be fine for me for starters. Once I am confident I can manage 3/4th acres I will move on to larger land. If this deal falls through I may be buying 1-3 acres anyway.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Rytheric posted:

Going by the folk lore that an acre is the amount a person can scythe grass for in a day (debating whether im scything or not) the 3/4th acre may be fine for me for starters. Once I am confident I can manage 3/4th acres I will move on to larger land. If this deal falls through I may be buying 1-3 acres anyway.

Pink Floyd The Wall taught me that an acre is the area of a rectangle whose length is one furlong and whose width is one chain. Now all I need to know is what the gently caress those two are, and I'm set.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

um excuse me posted:

My house is on 2/3 an acre and I've got a decent front and back yard, I think. Amount of land is going to be a subjective issue.

I just cleared my back yard last year. This is probably 1/3 acre.

I have a very similar situation in my backyard, plus a nightmare garbage pile on another piece of land I own behind my property. What did it take for you to get that all cleared?

Bi-la kaifa
Feb 4, 2011

Space maggots.

Powered Descent posted:

Pink Floyd The Wall taught me that an acre is the area of a rectangle whose length is one furlong and whose width is one chain. Now all I need to know is what the gently caress those two are, and I'm set.

220 yards by 22 yards, 10 chains to the furlong

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Gramps posted:

I have a very similar situation in my backyard, plus a nightmare garbage pile on another piece of land I own behind my property. What did it take for you to get that all cleared?

It was all pretty heavy overgrowth. My father in law and I worked on it for about 4 months. It took 25 full loads of a 14 foot utility trailer, or about 10 tons of brush and trees. We infilled a low spot with with 2 inch minus dirt. It took 10x 3 axle dump trucks, or roughly 190 tons. We followed it up with 40 tons of top soil. Seeded with 60 pounds of field turf and maybe 2000ish gallons of water?

This is why I believe 2/3 of an acre to be plenty.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

um excuse me posted:

It was all pretty heavy overgrowth. My father in law and I worked on it for about 4 months. It took 25 full loads of a 14 foot utility trailer, or about 10 tons of brush and trees. We infilled a low spot with with 2 inch minus dirt. It took 10x 3 axle dump trucks, or roughly 190 tons. We followed it up with 40 tons of top soil. Seeded with 60 pounds of field turf and maybe 2000ish gallons of water?

This is why I believe 2/3 of an acre to be plenty.

Daaaamn. That's more overgrowth than I have, but what a project! How many dollarydoos did that run you? I'm thinking about bringing in a rolloff to get all the debris and trash and stuff. I don't need to do fill thankfully, just need to clean up and strip off the top few inches because there's broken glass everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I think I ran around $5000 all in. We hired for hydroseed and grading. So there's some money to be saved if you want to DIY.