Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Mike Jones who is loyal enough to tweet NXT plugs in the mentions of Nancy Pelosi's daughter is losing faith. (Sorry there is not a good opinion thread.)

https://twitter.com/MikeJ0nesssssss/status/1359976493238153217

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

MassRafTer posted:

Mike Jones who is loyal enough to tweet NXT plugs in the mentions of Nancy Pelosi's daughter is losing faith. (Sorry there is not a good opinion thread.)

https://twitter.com/MikeJ0nesssssss/status/1359976493238153217

Triple H gonna look up from his phone and say "Oh my god Mike's right, why didn't I think of that!? Time to play the game uuuhuehuehue"

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

MassRafTer posted:

Mike Jones

WHO?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
r/SquaredCircle
•Posted byu/thistlefink
37 minutes ago
How does McIntyre evade criticism here

Smack down ratings up the same time Raw ratings plummet

Dead storylines left and right on Raw

Can’t name a single heel that has been elevated by feuding with McIntyre

It’s been a year of feeding everyone and their mom to Drew with zero return on investment, yet the Drew police on SC come out hard any time anyone even begins to question why this guy has been given so much rope to hang the show with.

You really mean to tell me Miz, Bray, Braun, Kofi, AJ, or gasp someone new to the top of the card can’t do better than this?

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
They could have and maybe should have put the belt on AJ a couple months ago or whenever they wrestled but lol at the rest of those

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/_lucialee/status/1360670781227868162

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Something I don’t like is whatever academic word I learned from twitter to win fights I start with people because I have no hobbies and my narcissistic personality disorder disables me from interacting with the world in a harmless way. I make up people to be mad at so I can present myself as the main character in a situation I believe others will see as meaningful, meanwhile in actuality I do nothing, think nothing, and have no idea who I am anymore. 240 characters, serotonin bump, my personality is poorly composed of media I consume.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

Eat My Fuc posted:

Something I don’t like is whatever academic word I learned from twitter to win fights I start with people because I have no hobbies and my narcissistic personality disorder disables me from interacting with the world in a harmless way. I make up people to be mad at so I can present myself as the main character in a situation I believe others will see as meaningful, meanwhile in actuality I do nothing, think nothing, and have no idea who I am anymore. 240 characters, serotonin bump, my personality is poorly composed of media I consume.

same

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Eat My Fuc posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh1ROLEDyP4&t=275s

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Good breakthrough

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

Good breakthrough

know thy enemy/love thy enemy for sure.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Eat My Fuc posted:

eat my fuc

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1360740413628444680
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1360758433591545865

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

brace yourselves for this one

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/ljwk1j/part_of_me_doesnt_want_fans_back_in_the_arenas/

quote:

Part of me doesn’t want fans back in the arenas
Don’t get me wrong, I miss the crowd shots and the atmosphere of a live crowd. But it’s really nice to be able to watch a story play out without it being hijacked, if we still had crowds would Drew have been turned on by now?

I was thinking about when Seth was giving a promo about his knee injury and the crowd started chanting for CM Punk. And the beachball fans. If we are going to get that I’d rather stick with the screens.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Pretty wild how AEW crowds never chant "what" or "CM Punk," it's almost like if you write good stories people will pay attention to them.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I'm impressed that Vince McMahon worked out how to get a Reddit account

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/WWELiteBrite/status/1361058830206009347?s=20
https://twitter.com/WWELiteBrite/status/1361062850354151425?s=20

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

god forbid the Beachball Fans

God Forbid

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Benne posted:

Pretty wild how AEW crowds never chant "what" or "CM Punk," it's almost like if you write good stories people will pay attention to them.

Remember when people started chanting “we the people” when Hager debuted? Jericho shut it down immediately and killed it in perfect way that really helped sell the Inner Circle

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Benne posted:

I think my favorite instance of AEW crowds being willing to go with a bit is when Scorpio Sky said that his high school crush called him and they're going out next week and the crowd started chanting her name.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Pylons posted:

I think my favorite instance of AEW crowds being willing to go with a bit is when Scorpio Sky said that his high school crush called him and they're going out next week and the crowd started chanting her name.

Sometimes this happens and then a year later you're married :swoon:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

quote:

I honestly think crowds today would be dead for Angle vs Benoit. Because there’s not enough flips. If Regal was having those matches there’d be posts on here about how he’s boring.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
I've seen other people make this point, and it's really dead-on: If all that the current gen will pop for is fancy highspots, then why is WALTER so over with hardcores? Hell, WALTER is proof that right now would probably be the best time for someone like Johnny Valentine to get over since the '70s.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

davidbix posted:

I've seen other people make this point, and it's really dead-on: If all that the current gen will pop for is fancy highspots, then why is WALTER so over with hardcores? Hell, WALTER is proof that right now would probably be the best time for someone like Johnny Valentine to get over since the '70s.

Same for Ishii, expecially overseas. Ishii's offense is super basic but it gets so over. Hell his match in Rev Pro with Keith Lee was built on the idea of him trying to suplex Lee and it's considered one of the best of Rev Pro matches

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dacap posted:

Remember when people started chanting “we the people” when Hager debuted? Jericho shut it down immediately and killed it in perfect way that really helped sell the Inner Circle
First thing I thought of too. He also mentioned that it was a result of bad booking, which was a smart move because it's a dig at the competition.

A few people in WWE have been able to shut that kind of thing down, but usually they're not allowed to acknowledge it at all because deviation from the script is a high crime that will get you put in an angle about farts.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah, my first thought was also Jericho just shutting down a chant that had followed Hager for YEARS with a single line and it has NEVER come up ever again to the best of my memory.

Also I'll die on this hill, but the WHAT!?! chant was great when wrestlers were allowed to react to it (and especially before WWE insisted on every wrestler having the EXACT same cadence to their promos - which they can't deviate from - which left gaps for the crowd to shout WHAT?) and play with the crowd. Austin did it best of course, but Kurt Angle absolutely losing his poo poo over it was also great, and it was one of the few times when Undertaker was ever good on the mic when he caught the crowd out with the sleeping with their sisters line.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Benne posted:

The fans respect the product, that's the difference. Jericho is the master of shutting down chants that derail the show and they give everyone freedom to roll with stuff like Miro leaning into "What is Love?" because the fans are there to have fun.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Fundamentally if you entertain the crowd they won't feel the need to entertain themselves.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1360652688959164417?s=20

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1360317263707058187?s=20

Anyone have any idea???

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Those stories are referring to the Blake Christian and Christian Casanova signings, so maybe it’s moving on from the “put in a few more years on the indies and don’t sign anything kid” schtick.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Seams posted:

Anyone have any idea???

yeah, there is a takeover tonight which inevitably some one or more signings will be revealed at, which will signal that scoops were indeed had

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

im watching the preshow and i guess eli drake just showed up, i didnt know who he was, and his name now is LA Knight

so, yea

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Those stories are referring to the Blake Christian and Christian Casanova signings, so maybe it’s moving on from the “put in a few more years on the indies and don’t sign anything kid” schtick.

Didn't WWE move away from that about the time AEW opened and they started offering deals to every green indie dude with 18 months experience?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Jerusalem posted:

Also I'll die on this hill, but the WHAT!?! chant was great when wrestlers were allowed to react to it (and especially before WWE insisted on every wrestler having the EXACT same cadence to their promos - which they can't deviate from - which left gaps for the crowd to shout WHAT?) and play with the crowd. Austin did it best of course, but Kurt Angle absolutely losing his poo poo over it was also great, and it was one of the few times when Undertaker was ever good on the mic when he caught the crowd out with the sleeping with their sisters line.
I don't think anyone's ever been allowed the time to do this, but I always wanted to see the person cutting the promo act like the audience just can't hear what he said, and repeat it until they get bored.

"I'm gonna take his title at Summerslam!"
"WHAT"
"WHAT"
"WHAT"

And not escalating either, do it with the exact same cadence and tone of voice. If the crowd leans into it, you've got a new gimmick that's really over until it gets super annoying and dies. If they get bored, it dies sooner.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Gabe locked his account after posting this.

https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/1361117286090866689

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
NXT signs indy wrestler they haven't ruined yet is hardly a philosophy change.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

boxcarhobo posted:

im watching the preshow and i guess eli drake just showed up, i didnt know who he was, and his name now is LA Knight

so, yea

Hey, speaking of Eli Drake, that just reminded me of this thing:

flashy_mcflash posted:

quote:

TNATROLL3 days ago 

GFW Fans: (parody to All Star by Smash Mouth) 

At TripleMania, Sexy Star injured Rosemary with an arm bar 
She’s lucky the Demon Assassin didn’t retaliate with some mist spitting 
I heard it from Joseph Park that Sexy Star’s her own biggest mark 
Rosemary didn’t do anything because she didn’t want to end up in a Mexican prison 

Congrats to Eddie Edwards on his GHC title win 
Even when he acts serious, he can’t hide his grin 
I heard a rumor and I don’t know if it’s a true story 
But apparently RVD wanted to change BFG to Bong for Glory 
When Bruce Prichard’s on TV, some people develop Tourette's 
Jim Cornette’s going to get Kongo Kong to wear a singlet
Eli Drake has a golden voice and silver tongue 
Don’t ever doubt or underestimate the defiant one 

Hey now, GFW fans, every Thursday night, it’s time to watch Impact 
Hey now, GFW fans, wouldn’t it be great if at BFG, Austin Aries came back 
Eli Drake’s always focused and hungry 
If you never thought he’d be world champion, he’ll call you a dummy 

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Those words don’t fit the melody of All Star.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/FanSidedDDT/status/1361131532648390656