Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
maybe the Vikings can sign him for a month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

PneumonicBook posted:

Running out of coaches to hire based on the nfl's stringent hiring criteria of white nepotism.

Speaking of which, what exactly is the logic behind the Vincent rule? Given the zero-sum nature of pro sports, giving your competitors 2 extra picks seems like a huge disincentive to actually hiring minority coaches.

Maybe it works earlier in the process i.e., "you should hire minority coordinators because, if they turn out to be good, you won't have to pay them market rate to keep them"??

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ChiSportUpdates/status/1361442426901196807

drat he doesn't even like us.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Man that is some impressive delusion by the Bears

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:cawg:

I’m dying.

Also, :wtf: Colts?! :confused:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Lol

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

The Bears, noted team that couldn’t fix Mitch, is somehow going to fix an even older QB.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

We can rebuild him.
We have the technology
We have the capability to make the worlds first bionic quarterback
Carson Wentz will be that man
Better than he was before
Better, Stronger, Faster

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dexo posted:

drat he doesn't even like us.

Harsh, man. Harsh

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
carson and indy are going to save us from ourselves

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Nagy: Listen Carson, dont extend your front leg so much and just throw it to Robi.... good luck out there kid.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I understand the Bears are in the market for a quarterback?

https://twitter.com/fivewaylogjam/status/1361378773346643970

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Ima fix Wentz

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Party Boat posted:

Ima fix Wentz

“Nooooo! Nooo fixing the We-nn-tz!“

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Bird in a Blender posted:

The Bears, noted team that couldn’t fix Mitch, is somehow going to fix an even older QB.

An even older QB who pouted until they fired his HC because that coach thought he needed fixing. This will go well.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

there's no funnier delusion in sports than a coaching staff that thinks they can mechanically fix a quarterback whose main problem is that he can't read defenses and is a moron, it is even funnier than the basketball if only this guy learns a jumpshot delusion.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The Bears have a long and storied history of fixing quarterbacks that failed on other teams. They'll DEFINITELY be able to fix Wentz.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I don’t appreciate you mocking the prestigious Chicago bear franchise

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Thinking you can fix Wentz isn't the stupidest take I've seen an NFL team have. This is the league that consistently think Belichick disciples make good coaches, despite all the evidence to the contrary. But it is insanely wishful thinking. Like leap of faith stuff. You might as well just draft some 2nd round QB pick in the draft, it probably has about the same chance of paying off.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bears will be led to glory with the golden arm of Peyton Ramsey.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I don't think Wentz is definitely, 100% permabroken but from what I gather, the first step toward setting him straight would be getting him behind a competent offensive line again, and there is of course no reason to believe the Bears could provide that

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Yeah it's not 100% that Wentz is perma broke, but the cap $ and reported draft capital to get Wentz makes pursuing him super dumb.

Just take a flyer in the draft/FA.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I hope the Carson Wentz negotiations go on well into June, personally

I want to spend the next 4 months spinning around various NFL journeymen in my head trying to figure out if they're available and if the Bears think they're good enough to not get everybody fired

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey Bears, want Goff?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Quiet Feet posted:

An even older QB who pouted until they fired his HC because that coach thought he needed fixing. This will go well.

tbh the qb pouting about the HC til he got fired worked out alright for the packers in the 2018 offseason

maybe a guy who will get everyone fired is exactly what the bears need

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

PupsOfWar posted:

tbh the qb pouting about the HC til he got fired worked out alright for the packers in the 2018 offseason

maybe a guy who will get everyone fired is exactly what the bears need

The Bears have never had a problem rostering players who will get everyone fired.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

What if, and hear me out, but what if the Bears just purchased one of those agile bipedal Boston Dynamics robots to play QB for them next season? Just stretch some faux skin over the robot parts and have him say nice things about Portillos.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Gonz posted:

What if, and hear me out, but what if the Bears just purchased one of those agile bipedal Boston Dynamics robots to play QB for them next season? Just stretch some faux skin over the robot parts and have him say nice things about Portillos.

*Reading NFL rule book* Well there's no rule that says a quarterback CAN'T be a dog robot!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Bears RoboQB Prime Directives:

1. Serve the fans’ trust.
2. Protect the football.
3. Uphold the offense.
4. CLASSIFIED

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Gonz posted:

2. Protect the football.
3. Uphold the offense.
4. CLASSIFIED KISS TITTIES

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Gonz posted:

2. Protect the football.
3. Uphold the offense.
4. CLASSIFIED Throw to Packers DB

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Gonz posted:

fullback position reinvented as "guy who holds the QB's battery unit and keeps the cable from getting tangled up by the pass rush"

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Do you really even need a QB? Why not go 100% wildcat and max out on defense. Aw poo poo I just described Zimmer's wet dream.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

SirPablo posted:

Do you really even need a QB? Why not go 100% wildcat and max out on defense. Aw poo poo I just described Zimmer's wet dream.

the patriots essentially ran the single wing all season and won only 1 fewer game than the bears, with a little refinement i think you might be onto something

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Gonz posted:

2. Protect the football.
3. Uphold the offense.
4. CLASSIFIED

RoboQB only throws the ball into the dicks of his wide receivers

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
Wait....Trubisky isn't a robot?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

PupsOfWar posted:

fullback position reinvented as "guy who holds the QB's battery unit and keeps the cable from getting tangled up by the pass rush"

Cables are a thing of the past, PupsOfWar!

The future is now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn3KWM1kuAw

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Gonz posted:

2. Protect the football.
3. Uphold the offense.
4. CLASSIFIED Respect the run

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Gonz posted:

2. Protect the football.
3. Uphold the offense.
4. CLASSIFIEDUnleash The Dragon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Lions are allegedly preparing to franchise Golladay. A smidge under 16 mil in 2021 if it happens.