Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

Uthor posted:

It's like in movie when the last guy gets shot in the chest and starts walking away before falling to their death.

Five Point Palm Exploding Kneecap Technique

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
JFC, that got a real visceral reaction from me.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/fHZXkiS.mp4

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Was that snow that she neglected to sweep off the top of her car that slid onto the windshield when she stopped?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Most likely yeah. It's a real rear end in a top hat move, if it doesn't wind up on your windshield it winds up blowing off your car and hindering the view for others.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
And the implement she's using still has the price tag attached. Just a complete and utter lack of awareness or preparedness.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix7Oqn0PAKc

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Memento posted:

And the implement she's using still has the price tag attached. Just a complete and utter lack of awareness or preparedness.

Ontario.mp4 :canada:

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

4/10 no catchy country/western riff.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvdlD_b9uXo&t=17s
(Should start at 17 seconds depending on how it embeds)

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

dog nougat posted:

Haven't seen a tractor pull in at least a decade, but I somehow randomly fell down a rabbit hole of watch steam engines at tractor pulls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVKjyIZ__Qo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdStIVIHirE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVxByLO_6cA

I'm the drone desperately fleeing upward from the wheeled volcano in the third video lol

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

May Contain Nuts posted:

The final exam was about 30 questions in the same style as the module quizzes, it took about 5 minutes.

Would not recommend.
I worked for a community college and had to do these exact same style modules (my guess is it's the same company) for things like sexual harassment training, title 9 training, etc, etc constantly. I generally just put them on in the background while I did something else, and just clicked through the quizzes when they popped up. They felt designed to be impossible to fail, especially the sexual harassment ones. Lotta stuff like "Jane has asked Bill not to slap her behind when she's done a good job, is she being an upright bitch or is this sexual harassment?"

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

iroc.dis posted:

From a few pages back but this reminded me, does anyone in here have the 40 hour HAZWOPER training? I don't think I probably need it for my current EHS job but I see it mentioned in the occasional EHS vacancy I see online. It doesn't cost all that much, but christ, sitting in front of a computer for 40 hours would be rough.
If nothing else be careful if it isn't immediately applicable to your day job because online hazwoper 40 doesn't technically give you a real hazwoper 40 cert your first time around. You need a practical hands on donning and doffing of a space suit and an incident drill to fulfill all requirements.

Instruction without hands on is technically a hazwoper 40 refresher. I keep saying technically because it's not like the OSHA man is going to pop out of the closet during an interview and say "not actually certified!"

Hazwoper 40 is going to be required for any position where you might work in the incident response team in an incident especially as a possible commander or someone answering to the commander, or planning of incident responses. If you aren't the one getting into the space suit or on the hook to become an incident commander ex. You're a safety professional helping document and plan incident responses, or someone who could be working in the cold zone during an incident, 24 hour is usually enough.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

I feel like, to complete the OSHA, a friendly Samaritan has to pull up alongside them and have someone lean precariously out the window to clean off their front windshield. All while moving.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

VictualSquid posted:

I saw the video of 2 people floating on the ice while scrolling down.
Then it looped to show that there were 3 people at the start.
I was watching carefully to see how the 3rd person vanished.

Global warming.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

*taps thread title*

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Slugworth posted:

I worked for a community college and had to do these exact same style modules (my guess is it's the same company) for things like sexual harassment training, title 9 training, etc, etc constantly. I generally just put them on in the background while I did something else, and just clicked through the quizzes when they popped up. They felt designed to be impossible to fail, especially the sexual harassment ones. Lotta stuff like "Jane has asked Bill not to slap her behind when she's done a good job, is she being an upright bitch or is this sexual harassment?"

See, you're thinking like a decent human being. There's going to be a bunch of incels and/or Boomers who read a question like that and immediately answer A.

Had to do one of those for Osha on a previous job, but much simpler for a previous job. It was still like an hour of mind numbingly obvious poo poo presented by the a black hole of charisma behind an animated crash test dummy, topped off by a lame 'joke' at the end about how obnoxious the thing was. CAn't even imagine having to do that poo poo for 10 hours or more.

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Metal Coat? It's already active?!
The forklift exam I took was similar. Four hours of videos and lectures, lunch, then two hours of practical (three people took the course at once). The person presenting was amazed that I finished the test at the end of the first half in five minutes. It was twenty question of extremely obvious multiple choice poo poo (When is it safe to stand on a lift's forks? Never, Only for a minute, Only in a trailer, Any time? Stuff like that). All that told me was the quality of people they expected to be hiring.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

JackSplater posted:

The forklift exam I took was similar. Four hours of videos and lectures, lunch, then two hours of practical (three people took the course at once). The person presenting was amazed that I finished the test at the end of the first half in five minutes. It was twenty question of extremely obvious multiple choice poo poo (When is it safe to stand on a lift's forks? Never, Only for a minute, Only in a trailer, Any time? Stuff like that). All that told me was the quality of people they expected to be hiring.

Do you have a shirt proclaiming your awesomeness as a forklift driver?

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Metal Coat? It's already active?!

wesleywillis posted:

Do you have a shirt proclaiming your awesomeness as a forklift driver?

No, because that would actually have been kind of funny. (and cost the company more than $0, so it's obviously not something they even considered)

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1UmJTszHp8&t=633s

i instinctively winced when he got to the angle grinder, is holding your thumb against the debris guard to make the tool steady a best practice? timestamped for hot grinder action

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

bagual posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1UmJTszHp8&t=633s

i instinctively winced when he got to the angle grinder, is holding your thumb against the debris guard to make the tool steady a best practice? timestamped for hot grinder action

One normally holds THE loving HANDLE THAT'S RIGHT loving THERE, yes. And you move the thing you're working on so you don't have to hold the tool at a funny angle. Also, in the very next shot, he's working on something that he's holding with his other hand, as opposed to securing with any manner of vice or clamp.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I wouldn't use the middle of the grinding disc as a sander, either. :cry:

There's some tools that I don't have a visceral fear of and then there are grinders.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

JackSplater posted:

I worked for a family friends contractor helping move and fix up a warehouse, and I distinctly remember them using a forklift to raise a guy up on the forks to do stuff on the upper level. And a lot of jokes about osha

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
We had a cage you slid the forks into, then chained to the lift, at my last warehouse job. Had a little safety rope and safety chains across the entrance. It was old as hell and so was the forklift.

In the army, we'd just strap a pallet to the forks and strap an idiot to the pallet.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Uthor posted:

I wouldn't use the middle of the grinding disc as a sander, either. :cry:

There's some tools that I don't have a visceral fear of and then there are grinders.

I've almost never exploded cutting disks while cutting things.

But man the times I have really reinforced my habits of using only undamaged cutting disks, never grinding things with cutting disks, making sure my grinder and guard are properly positioned, and wearing eyepro while grinding.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://twitter.com/markmobility/status/1361074013414584331?s=20

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

We had a cage you slid the forks into, then chained to the lift, at my last warehouse job. Had a little safety rope and safety chains across the entrance. It was old as hell and so was the forklift.

That plus a harness and tie off to the cage is how you're supposed to do it.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

It's a horrible and terrifying situation, but the truck being perfectly fine while on screen and then hearing a crash when it goes offscreen is perfect comedic timing.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

WHERES THAT GLOBAL WARMING bahgawd

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Dick Trauma posted:

Station wagons have had those awful seats for ages. It's the place I discovered that if I ride backwards I get almost immediately nauseated.

Just seeing that photo made my stomach just start churning

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

What a loving tacky neighborhood.

insta
Jan 28, 2009

AHH F/UGH posted:

WHERES THAT GLOBAL WARMING bahgawd

That is definitely a *ah gawt ahwl wheel draaahv, I'll be fine" moment

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

What a loving tacky neighborhood.

I think my favorite part is how they just sort of... prop up the downhill side of the houses, instead of making them split-level or doing anything to acknowledge the physical geometry of the terrain.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/MelissaCrosetto/status/1360688021746511872

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Alien Arcana posted:

I think my favorite part is how they just sort of... prop up the downhill side of the houses, instead of making them split-level or doing anything to acknowledge the physical geometry of the terrain.

Those probably have walk-out basements in back. That can only be one of a handful of neighborhoods if it's actually Nashville. Chances are it's more likely Brentwood or Franklin or Green Hills and not Nashville proper. It's a rich rear end in a top hat neighborhood, regardless.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Alien Arcana posted:

That's fairly standard on hilly terrain. Excavating a full basement costs money. Leveling the foundation is far cheaper, so just making a crawl space of variable height is much more common.

In our house, the crawl space is high enough to stand up in at one end, is literally crawl space at the other. There's a door on it and it's for storing lawn mowers and such.

We have a deck off the first floor of the house, which is ground level at one end and 15' in the air at the other.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Alien Arcana posted:

That would take like math and architecture instead of using the same 3 plans a thousand times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Our house has the basement dug into the hill, with the basement/garage facing the rear of the house so we effectively have 3 stories.