Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Fellas, is it gay to date women?

e: Bad snipe, so more substance: Freeper types get really weird about gender roles, and how every single action needs to be gendered in some way. Like there was a post a couple pages back about how they bet some guy sits down when he pees - because he has a vagina, you see, haha. Sitting down when you pee is comfortable! I can't imagine being so goddamn fragile about masculinity that I have to justify everything I do as the pinnacle of manliness or whatever.

Lord Hydronium fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Feb 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you don't come home from work and do a sit down piss then you are missing out IMO, extremely relaxing.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I can't play mobile games on my phone if I piss standing up.

Well I guess I could but it'd be much more of a hassle.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
So when Freepers take a poo poo do they desperately try to not pee at the same time? Being a Real Man(TM) is stressful...

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I can only hope they experience deep existential horror at the fact they are old and can't piss standing up properly.

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
Since the impeachment stuff is mostly boring here's a thread full of racist poo poo.

'If white people were still here, this wouldn’t happen': the majority-Black town flooded with sewage (Illinois)

quote:

Interesting title for the article. Doesn't sound like any taxpayers are left.
1 posted on 2/12/2021, 1:39:54 PM by dynachrome
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

To: dynachrome
Why do you think villages live in huts in Africa? Burn ‘em down, move to a clean area, and build a new hut.

3 posted on 2/12/2021, 1:42:26 PM by carriage_hill (A society grows great when old men plant trees, in whose shade they know they will never sit.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Gahanna Bob
Not surprising

The majority of them do not know how to fix and maintain things, basic things like house repairs, or recognizing the importance of routine maintenance, even like changing oil in cars or tools.

The smaller portion that do understand these things, do not live in places like this.

6 posted on 2/12/2021, 1:44:51 PM by Secret Agent Man (Gone Galt; Not Averse to Going Bronson.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Unassuaged
You’re an idiot. It’s a dump because of blacks.
The blacks living there elected other retarded blacks.
Smart blacks moved away from these retarded blacks.

18 posted on 2/12/2021, 1:49:52 PM by EEGator
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

quote:

To: CodeJockey
But wait, they don't tell you that ALL the officials are black, too.
That's why the situation stinks. These blacks voted in black officials who don't fix the problems. Same situation as Rhodesia. Chase out the whites who fix things, then blame things on whites when the blacks don't fix anything. It's their problem, they just don't want to take ownership and fix things.

20 posted on 2/12/2021, 1:51:51 PM by roadcat
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

quote:

To: mylife
This is nearly literally people sh***ing in their own nests and then complaining about it.

CC

38 posted on 2/12/2021, 1:57:59 PM by Celtic Conservative (My cats are more amusing than 200 channels worth of TV.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 32 | View Replies]

quote:

This problem can be solved by importing a few thousand Indian tech workers into this town! Yes, that is sarcasm. You see, quite a large number of people in India do #2 in the streets. That being the case, the odds are that bringing in such people would not help the problem. Hence, the sarcasm.

49 posted on 2/12/2021, 2:05:37 PM by cdcdawg (Salute the marines!)

quote:

To maintain an infrastructure requires skilled people. No skilled people in town? Think about that for a minute.

65 posted on 2/12/2021, 2:08:06 PM by Bogey78O (So far so good.)

quote:

To: EEGator
That’s the essence of one white towns and neighborhoods go black

79 posted on 2/12/2021, 2:12:11 PM by wardaddy (P IN 1999 JIM THOMPSON WAS RIGHT ABOUT THE BUSHES ...WE WERE WRONG)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

quote:

To: All
I worked with a black lady for years and when she and her husband started looking for a house to buy she said she wanted to live in a white neighborhood because black people were nasty (her words, not mine) and wouldn’t take care of their houses, throw garbage out in their yards, let their kids run wild, etc. They found a house in an upscale white neighborhood and are still there. She loves her neighbors and her neighbors love her.

I think that most of the black people that don’t take care of their homes are renters. White people do that too in those kind of neighborhoods. People that care about where they live move out when the trash moves in and the neighborhood goes to squalor.

My sister lived in Illinois for years and years because her husband was from there. She hated it because she couldn’t open windows or unlock her doors because of roving gangs of ferals. Taxes were too high and she couldn’t have a gun. After he died we talked her into moving back to Tennessee. She has been living with our mom for two years and every summer threatens to move back to Illinois because she swears the heat in TN will kill her. She changes her mind in winter. At least here she is on a farm and feels safe.

88 posted on 2/12/2021, 2:16:06 PM by Tennessee Conservative
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 40 | View Replies]

quote:

To: ontap

103 posted on 2/12/2021, 2:22:09 PM by EEGator
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 95 | View Replies]

quote:

White Lives don’t Matter but White Taxes do Matter.

126 posted on 2/12/2021, 2:43:54 PM by maddog55 ((the only thing systemic in America is the left's hatred of it!))

quote:

This is no different than South Africa. Blacks were given white peoples farms. Now...no crops. They want whitey back.

135 posted on 2/12/2021, 2:58:39 PM by albie

quote:

They wallow in their own poo poo and blame white people? Don’t they run their own town ? Isn’t there a tax base?

Whatever.

Just invite a few token white people back. Problem solved ( according to this logic.)

They need a state or federal grant to update their sewage system. Get on it!

152 posted on 2/12/2021, 3:21:57 PM by Candor7 ((Obama Fascism:http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/05/barack_obama_the_quintessentia_1.html) )

quote:

What are they going to do in a hundred years when all that’s left of Whitey moves to a Mars colony? At least that’s my dream at this point.

153 posted on 2/12/2021, 3:22:35 PM by miliantnutcase

quote:

Two words, prove it.

I swear I am getting so sick if this Black Racist crap that I will be looking for the most lily white area when I buy my next house.

Hell, they already say I’m a White Supremacist anyway.

163 posted on 2/12/2021, 3:30:28 PM by Kickass Conservative (Don't blame me, I Voted for the guy who actually Won the 2020 Presidential Election...)

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Finnankainen posted:

That upsets the natural order, turns the men into submissives. No man in his right mind should be on that site.

I’d enjoy hearing Gavin McGinnis’ discuss this.
"guys, i can't wait until the guy who i always agree with gives me my opinion on this matter!"
here i'll sum it up: "That upsets the natural order, turns the men into submissives. No man in his right mind should be on that site."
also you're a loving fragile walnut who can't deal with a strong woman

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

quote:

I think that most of the black people that don’t take care of their homes are renters. White people do that too in those kind of neighborhoods.
So close. I wonder if there will be any introspection into why there might be socioeconomic gaps gap in property ownership and property-dependent alienation in society.

Oh no, just racism instead, what a twist.

quote:

Yes, that is sarcasm.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

Finnankainen posted:

Since the impeachment stuff is mostly boring here's a thread full of racist poo poo.

'If white people were still here, this wouldn’t happen': the majority-Black town flooded with sewage (Illinois)

quote:

Two words, prove it.

I swear I am getting so sick if this Black Racist crap that I will be looking for the most lily white area when I buy my next house.

Hell, they already say I’m a White Supremacist anyway.

163 posted on 2/12/2021, 3:30:28 PM by Kickass Conservative (Don't blame me, I Voted for the guy who actually Won the 2020 Presidential Election...)
But of course liberals are the real racists :discourse:

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

quote:

This problem can be solved by importing a few thousand Indian tech workers into this town! Yes, that is sarcasm. You see, quite a large number of people in India do #2 in the streets. That being the case, the odds are that bringing in such people would not help the problem. Hence, the sarcasm.

Oh thanks I didn't catch that.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Lord Hydronium posted:

e: Bad snipe, so more substance: Freeper types get really weird about gender roles, and how every single action needs to be gendered in some way. Like there was a post a couple pages back about how they bet some guy sits down when he pees - because he has a vagina, you see, haha. Sitting down when you pee is comfortable! I can't imagine being so goddamn fragile about masculinity that I have to justify everything I do as the pinnacle of manliness or whatever.

i guess i am curious why they are so mad because it just makes dating easier. being the one who iniates poo poo sucks espcially online and as someone with physical disiblities, poo poo can be rough and folks can be mean. id rather the ball in a ladies court for once and i am sure alot of women would agree. it would cut down on some gross poo poo at least.

Neo_Crimson posted:

So when Freepers take a poo poo do they desperately try to not pee at the same time? Being a Real Man(TM) is stressful...

they probably buy all the dumb poo poo that says "tactical on it. "tactical" suppository, its just a big dildo with a laser light on it.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Try arguing to these people that a catheter makes you a pussy and watch the instant ban you receive.

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011

Finnankainen posted:

That upsets the natural order, turns the men into submissives

If being submissive on a dating website means receiving a deluge of messages and never having to put myself out there at the risk of rejection, well then strap on my ball gag and call me a cum slut.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Wildeyes posted:

receiving a deluge of messages

:laugh:

sorry, cheap shot

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Folks, I got here as quick as I could with some Freep Adjacent Fox Posting. If this isn't allowed in here, I'll delete my post.

Fox News still has active message boards and they are as horrifying as you would expect. But, they are normally smart enough to close them on articles about race or AOC and the Squad.

They forgot to do it for this one -

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/morgan-wallen-country-setback-n-word-video-stupid-expert

Morgan Wallen is the twenty-seven year old country music guy who got caught on video tossing around the N word. But that awful story isn't the point. It's the posting going on at the bottom.

I swear to God, this sampling I got was only looking at the first page of comments, out of 646. There isn't a :stare: big enough for this poo poo.
--------------------------
4 February, 2021
r.w.b!!also

If you don't want to be called the "N" word do not act like one. I have heard more blacks use it than whites. The "N" can be any person ,who wants to live a worthless no account crooked ,unsavory life. Why would you be offended by the "N" word unless it is describing you personally?
-------------------------
TheRegulator
4 February, 2021

We can have a rapper sing about WAP and say the N word and that's acceptable but this isn't. Double standards have got to stop
------------------------
RightIsNeverWrong1776
4 February, 2021

Biden should appoint a Word Czar and have the word stricken from the English language. OMG, black music would become extinct and black families and friends wouldn't be able to communicate.
-----------------------
dEMSrDIRTY
4 February, 2021

I heard the N word thrown around a dozen times this week in stores...and not one black person who said it, was cancelled for it. If this word has such a negative effect on everyone, "everyone" should be cancelled out for saying it. Right libs?
---------------------
durlek
4 February, 2021

We tried. We really did. In an attempt to atone for the sin of removing these people from their original habitat, we have spent many decades, trillions of tax dollars, sacrificed many innocent lives, re-calibrated our own sense of decency, lowered our expectations, made excuses, and made every one of their problems our responsibility in hopes of encouraging a basic level compatibility. Some have embraced the opportunity. Not enough. In general it has been an epic failure.

Doyoucare?
4 February, 2021

Handing out more free money is not going to help, it will hinder any progress that has been made.
----------------------
RigD
5 February, 2021

He parents grew up in the Era is what I was referring to so I would imagine since he was a child he has heard that word tossed around a good bit. So now since your white you can't use certain words in the vocabulary? Goodness us white folks have to walk a thin line these days. We can't arrest a black or we are racist, can't speak wrong to a black, can't pick a white over a black in a job or we are racist, and the list goes on.
----------------------

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

A little disturbed that the last poster appears to be a cop.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
What kind of country do we live in where a man isn't allowed to repeat racist slurs he heard as a child?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
If you want to have some fun, try reading screen names before the posts. Hell, in the smattering I picked we have such hits as -

- The Regulator
- dEMSrDIRTY
- RightIsNeverWrong1776

Holy God, I know the internet is a cesspit where the stupidest, loudest voices get heard. I also know Fox is propaganda. But it's still loving jarring when it's not hiding on some Stormfront-y chan website.

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011

RagnarokAngel posted:

:laugh:

sorry, cheap shot

Psssh, as a chick in my 20s on OKCupid, let me tell you that the on-the-spectrum tech dudes, manchildren, and 45-year-old cradle robbers could not get enough of me.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Wildeyes posted:

Psssh, as a chick in my 20s on OKCupid, let me tell you that the on-the-spectrum tech dudes, manchildren, and 45-year-old cradle robbers could not get enough of me.

I read this out loud to a late-30s colleague and she said "It gets worse. Eventually there's both manchildren and just children."

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Captain Log posted:

some Stormfront-y chan website.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean whats wrong with that? if i were single, id rather get messages from women who were actually interested for once instead of sending messages into the void to various ladies and never hearing back for various reasons.

You have no idea what it's like as a woman on grindr. I'm just gonna stare into the camera for an hour.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
If what my coworkers tell me is any indication, I wouldn't want to be a woman on any "dating service".

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Nidhg00670000 posted:

If what my coworkers tell me is any indication, I wouldn't want to be a woman on any "dating service".

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Nidhg00670000 posted:

If what my coworkers tell me is any indication, I wouldn't want to be a woman on any "dating """service"""".

I think that's a better description.

And 6 loving years to get angry at a dating website? I got engaged and dumped in that period, let alone any other relationships that actually are associated with the site. What the hell, you old goofballs.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Lord Hydronium posted:

Fellas, is it gay to date women?

As far as I can tell this is something that first came up in the 19th century when (European/"Western") society saw a major restructuring in how gender roles were perceived. Masculinity equalled strength, roughness, action, violence, libido, strategic thinking etc whereas femininity was associated with weakness, softness, the arts, beauty, caring, thoughtfulness and so on. Those associations are still quite prevalent today of course, but back then they were so pervasive (and apparently seen as fundamental to how the world was structured) that nearly everyone and everything got gendered as well. I remember reading a text by German historian from the 1880s or so in which even individual centuries got gendered. The 17th c was male, the 18th female and the 19th male again if you are wondering :v:

Which I guess just goes on to show that Freep's worldview isn't even particularly special or new, but instead is firmly rooted in a tradition of right-wing thinking that goes back a long time

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That must have been extremely confusing in a language where everything is already gendered. Did they rewrite the genders or did they start making up essential qualities based off pre existing der/die/das?

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Yeah, they just categorised them as such but the grammatical gender remained unaffected

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I can almost see why, yet I really can't. Like I think I'd pick the same for those centuries if someone pressed me to answer, but I don't have much idea why.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

as a longtime SomethingAwful goon who looks like exactly what that implies...my inbox says your looks aren't exactly the reason you're not getting messages fellas.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Karma Comedian posted:

I like that one spot on their document where her name is misspelled

Ashi

I love how they'll post stuff like this that can be made up by anyone as absolute fact, but if you post a wiki link full of references you're spreading disinformation

Twelve by Pies posted:

For the record: Glenn Beck going "way off the rails" refers to the fact that Beck and Ted Cruz are besties, and Beck supported him during the 2016 primaries. Beck was pretty loud about how Trump's politics and personality were worrying and that this was too eerily similar to the rise of the Nazi party, and talked about how Trump palled around with people like Steve Bannon who were explicit white supremacists. This caused Beck's ratings to nosedive.

Beck was clearly betting hard on Trump losing, and then saying he was the only one who saw how dangerous Trump was and that if they'd nominated Cruz he would've won and everything would be great. This of course didn't happen, and he showed some resistance to Trump at first, in fact he was one of the few right wing media hosts to still report negatively about Trump for about the first year of his presidency.

And then he completely changed his tune because...the AP reported on Trump saying "they're not people, they're animals" in reference to immigrants. To Beck, the press reporting on this was inexcusable and he went full MAGA. So yes, Beck's "change of heart" absolutely was to fix his falling ratings and the fact that the Blaze media company was doing very poorly financially.

Sorry beck, you didn't toe the party line, so we're cutting you loose

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean whats wrong with that? if i were single, id rather get messages from women who were actually interested for once instead of sending messages into the void to various ladies and never hearing back for various reasons.

See, this is what happens.
Stage 1. The woman empowers herself to contact a man
Stage 2. Further emboldened by this power she begins to role reverse the household, he does the cleaning, cooking, etc. all of which prepares for...
Stage 3. As the superior of the house, the woman breaks out the toys and the man becomes the taker rather than the giver
Stage 4. As time passes the man's dick and balls shrivel and absorb into the body
Stage 5......
Stage 6. woman takes over the world

Neo_Crimson posted:

I imagine most freeper males have catheters anyways

Yeah, this. Fox News is as much Stormfront as Stormfront, they just don't blatantly spew slurs....instead they let their followers do it

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Feb 15, 2021

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Covid anal swabs more accurate than nasal test

I'm sure we can expect the mature, reasoned reactions to this from Freep.

quote:

To: mythenjoseph

Don’t let it get you in the REAR !

2 posted on 02/14/2021 6:24:47 PM PST by mythenjoseph

quote:

You’re sh*tting me..

4 posted on 02/14/2021 6:24:58 PM PST by max americana (FIRED LEFTARD employees at our office every election since 2008 and enjoyed seeing them cry.)

quote:

NOT. GONNA. HAPPEN.

5 posted on 02/14/2021 6:25:12 PM PST by Baldwin77 (The 2020 election was stolen from MY President Trump)

Only took 7 posts to get to homophobia. Not bad.

quote:

Buttplug, Sec of Trans, will be the Biden Administration’s official tester.

7 posted on 02/14/2021 6:25:37 PM PST by TaMoDee (No more NFL games ever!)

quote:

To: HighSierra5

Buttegieg: “I’m in!”

9 posted on 02/14/2021 6:26:08 PM PST by max americana (FIRED LEFTARD employees at our office every election since 2008 and enjoyed seeing them cry.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

I don’t care if they cure Cancer, they ain’t sticking those things there.

10 posted on 02/14/2021 6:26:48 PM PST by dfwgator (Endut! Hoch Hech!)

12 posts to Transphobia!

quote:

Now, there you go!

Toilet paper that turns blue if it comes in contact with what used to be known as the common influenza. They could sell it for $40 a roll and pay off the national debt in no time - unless, of course, they don’t send it to Pakistan to further their tranny studies.

12 posted on 02/14/2021 6:26:50 PM PST by Pilgrim's Progress (http://www.baptistbiblebelievers.com/BYTOPICS/tabid/335/Default.aspx D)

:dadjoke:

quote:

Pure unadulterated crap.

15 posted on 02/14/2021 6:28:12 PM PST by Fungi

quote:

People have lost their ever-lovin’ M.I.N.D.S.

20 posted on 02/14/2021 6:28:49 PM PST by BradyLS (DO NOT FEED THE BEARS!)

quote:

Okay everyone, here is your assignment:

Bring up the anal swab idea with your Karen sister-in-law, co-worker, etc. Bring it up matter-of-factly. Point out that scientists in China say it is the way to go.

Report back on their reaction.

I’m really curious as to if this is where they finally draw the line.

24 posted on 02/14/2021 6:29:19 PM PST by CheshireTheCat ("Forgetting pain is convenient.Remembering it agonizing.But recovering truth is worth the suffering")

30 posts to threats of violence. They're slipping in that department.

quote:

Your hand has 27 bones.

Try this you scum sucking commie and I swear by your unwed mother I will break at least 50 of them.

30 posted on 02/14/2021 6:32:28 PM PST by Harmless Teddy Bear (May their path be strewn with Legos, may they step on them with bare feet until they repent. )

quote:

This is just so the socialists can have some fun imagining all of their useful idiots sticking swabs up their bums. Knowing full well that they have such control, they’ll do it.

31 posted on 02/14/2021 6:32:30 PM PST by albie

quote:

Pete Buttjuice has signed up to be tested every day

37 posted on 02/14/2021 6:34:59 PM PST by dsrtsage (Complexity is merely simplicity lacking imagination)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

Also somebody posted a picture of Rachel Levine in the thread.

quote:

To: Roman_War_Criminal

Did you have to post a picture of that freak?

25 posted on 02/14/2021 6:29:49 PM PST by EvilCapitalist (We must FIGHT, I repeat it sir, we must FIGHT! -Patrick Henry)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies ]

quote:

This is a real photo?

At least the SNL and Babylon Bee stuff is for laughs.

53 posted on 02/14/2021 6:54:26 PM PST by frank ballenger (End vote fraud, harvesting,non-citizen voting & leftist media news censorship or we are finished.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

quote:

“It” will gleefully assign itself to performing anal testing in PA.

57 posted on 02/14/2021 7:07:37 PM PST by Rebelbase (COVID misanthrope)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Manuel Calavera posted:

You have no idea what it's like as a woman on grindr. I'm just gonna stare into the camera for an hour.

oh i can't even begin to imagine the horrors. wasnt trying to downplay.

Nidhg00670000 posted:

yeah, i have heard some real horror stories.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I imagine that being a woman on a dating site is probably like being Tiffany responding to callers on Rawtime.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dapper_Swindler posted:

oh i can't even begin to imagine the horrors. wasnt trying to downplay.

At least one dick pic a day. But I'm being more proactive and just blocking dudes, and at least I've found some nice NB/trans folk to chat with so far in the week or two I've been back on it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I do not for the life of me understand assuming anyone wants to see your dick, much less unsolicited. I don't even want to see my dick and it's mine.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Back in my early to mid twenties as an average looking chubby guy, I had a pretty best friend lady room mate.

I remember us doing OK Cupid at the same time (2010ish?) and she was flooded. Some of it was awful. But she did also find a ton of dates.

I got to the point where I would send out ten messages over a weekend and not hear back once. She demanded to look at my profile and read the messages, to identify where I was loving up. After seeing that I wasn't typing in all caps about trains and poo poo with a profile pic of my cock, she just said, "It's like you're on a different website than me." She got flooded with both quality and the dregs. Whereas it was just a ghost town for me.

If I ever have the time to get serious about dating again, I am dreading the whole online component of it.

Manuel Calavera posted:

At least one dick pic a day. But I'm being more proactive and just blocking dudes, and at least I've found some nice NB/trans folk to chat with so far in the week or two I've been back on it.

Yup, I remember my female room mate normally got a few a day. Unsolicited as well.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Oh yeah I'm a goony looking guy and I've never gotten a response on any dating website, I gave up on it a long time ago.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OwlFancier posted:

I do not for the life of me understand assuming anyone wants to see your dick, much less unsolicited. I don't even want to see my dick and it's mine.

Now you understand trans women with bottom dypshoria better than any TERF ever has! :shepface:
Mine doesn't bother me, it's other things. Chest dysphoria is real though, haha gently caress.

But yes, cishet dudes are so oblivious on dating apps. And I'm truly, truly baffled as to why they think any woman wants to see his dick first thing. No words, no conversation, not even a smilie, just *dick*. I get so, so many more "hey" and "hi" messages too. Those I just ignore. The dick pics get the dog slicer and a block.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Manuel Calavera posted:

But yes, cishet dudes are so oblivious on dating apps. And I'm truly, truly baffled as to why they think any woman wants to see his dick first thing.

They do it for the same reason a dude flashes you from a moving car. It's not seduction, it's shock.