Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

quote:

Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only social justice. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of censorship and identity confusion, and the laughter of thirsting marxists.

Thread title please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

quote:

have every detail of it memorized,
This is telling for me. This is a trivia neckbeard who hasn't advanced past a 15 year old's understanding of the franchise. Or life.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Mods please change my name to "the laughter of thirsting marxists"

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

It would be one thing to paint the Empire as institutionally progressive and cool because of that, but that's very obviously not what's happening.

MrNemo
Aug 26, 2010

"I just love beeting off"

Nah, this is 100% someone who sees their own personal future ideal in the setting and loves it and is now crying because someone else is adding some colour and potential for other ideas. 'Dystopian' fascism with racial purity and hierarchy as an end state is 'cool and setting appropriate'. Characters discussing philosophical concepts of truth and realising they are losing something of their dream embracing these sorts of actions to preserve society is 'injecting modern politics'. It's 100% things I know and like are content neutral, new ideas are 'political Marxism'.

I mean this is a particularly pure station version who thinks like Dorn and a historian discussing the concept of truth and what it means to document and understand something is totally out of character and that somehow those kind of basic philosophical issues are cultural Marxism or something. He's someone who has clearly never thought about such things and probably thinks that we really need a society where people get locked away for suggesting change.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Imagine being so broke brained that you think the question "what is truth?" is a new and frightening one.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Imagine being so broke brained that you think the question "what is truth?" is a new and frightening one.

Sounds like they couldn't handle the truth.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

You don't have to imagine it. Skim twitter for space marine avatars and sooner or later you will find a nest.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Brendan Rodgers posted:

No he doesn't return in Abnett stuff, it's from ADB's 2012 book, The Emperor's Gift. It's just a cool little nod between ADB and Abnett, considering they get memory and identity wiped.

I read that book while I was extremely high and when that was revealed I had a mini freakout

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I want to see the Venn diagram of 40K tabletop players that add fascist and racist iconography to their models and people whining about CULTURAL MARXISM in the fiction/lore.

You get the same thing with a lot of other scifi stuff. Star Trek for another example is seen by some idiots as an apolitical look at a far off future date completely disconnected from any politics of today. It's pretty funny but also really sad.

Meme:

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Ah yes, the Emperor's super man phase.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

MariusLecter posted:

I want to see the Venn diagram of 40K tabletop players that add fascist and racist iconography to their models and people whining about CULTURAL MARXISM in the fiction/lore.

You get the same thing with a lot of other scifi stuff. Star Trek for another example is seen by some idiots as an apolitical look at a far off future date completely disconnected from any politics of today. It's pretty funny but also really sad.

Meme:

probably alot of crossover sadly. the facebook groups that are 40k have lots of weird chuddy shitheads and memes in them.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

MariusLecter posted:

I mean, that's a circle.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

MariusLecter posted:

Meme:

Superman got weirdly xenocidal for an alien

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

MariusLecter posted:

Meme:

I've never met that kind of Trekkie. Even Libertarians recognize the politics of Star Trek as it was on Reason TV's list of the most Un-Libertarian shows of all time alongside Captain Planet.

Never understood the simple inability to say "okay, the politics of this fiction doesn't align with my personal views, but it's still great." It's very easy to do.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
You should go take a look at the discourse around Discovery on social media so. You'll find plenty of that type of Trekkie there.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Awww.

Those looked like action figures, not model kits. Oh well.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

0konner posted:

Superman got weirdly xenocidal for an alien.

If you want to connect fiction to real world politics like some kind of CULTURAL MARXIST, with immigration you will see this happen a lot. Especially if this is one of Superman's descendants.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Have no idea if this was posted but it's fairly solid imo.

https://youtu.be/hmv9YA2pS-g

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Telsa Cola posted:

Have no idea if this was posted but it's fairly solid imo.

https://youtu.be/hmv9YA2pS-g

Solid apart from the runner reporting that his regiment was falling back due to heavy losses. That's decidedly un-Krieger.

Another SFM youtuber is also working on a Death Korps video and he's been posting some work in progress shots:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ld8DZcGaCs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cMQQq2rJ5k

He's also got some sick Ork videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUifqOiERsY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QDq96tXCyg

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Feb 15, 2021

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Are there any actual novels about Krieg? Or is it all just fluff in long-out-of-print FW supplements?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

On krieg? I don't think so. Novels about Krieg guardsmen? Yeah there are like a bunch of novels/novellas.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Arquinsiel posted:

You should go take a look at the discourse around Discovery on social media so. You'll find plenty of that type of Trekkie there.

Yeah they veil it in "But back in my day they didn't shove it in your face" which is bullshit, because TOS was trailblazing in diversity and pretty blunt with it's social allegories.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

Are there any actual novels about Krieg? Or is it all just fluff in long-out-of-print FW supplements?

Dead Men Walking was alright. Krieg v Necrons.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Biplane posted:

I appreciated the fact that the title applied to either side.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Biplane posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot about Dead Men Walking, it's actually even on The List I have.

Telsa Cola posted:

On krieg? I don't think so. Novels about Krieg guardsmen? Yeah there are like a bunch of novels/novellas.

Yeah not necessarily about the planet Krieg, but about the absolute fatalistic fucks they produce. Also, I guess I should specify good novels since this is BL we're talking about.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Feb 16, 2021

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

So I know we talk about the Khan being with/captured/fighting the DE but has him loving around with the Harlequins ever been brought up.?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

no, and that’s probably the route they’re going to take to get him back into 40k whenever they decide that’s happening

e: I actually think supreme command detachments are super cool, centerpiece models are cool, and every faction should get one. cards on the table.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

For the love of God do not read Mortis spoilers whatever you do. You want to read this yourself and not be spoiled. It's all coming together. There is some really great payoff in this book. Stuff that goes all the way back to the beginning of HH, other stuff that impacts one of the best storylines in current 40k, and some stuff is featured we've only got a paragraph or two about before but always sounded cool as poo poo and lives up to its promise.

As usual it would probably sound pretty stupid in a spoiler summary but French nails the reveals here. This is his best work, he really stepped up for this one.

Edit: oh yeah and the titan battles in this are epic as gently caress

D-Pad fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Feb 16, 2021

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Can we agree to just not post Mortis spoilers at all for a while. This thread's pretty cool about including spoiler tags for past books and book question whenever someone hadn't read said book, and it's really easy to mouseover a really bad spoiler for actual upcoming books that may or may not be only available as limited editions or hardcovers at the time.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
when is it out? like for the plebs. and can someone explain the logic behind releasing books in a long running much awaited series in small numbers first a yesr or whatever ahead of time?

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Normally you'd say 'Money', but those print runs are pretty small. How much do they charge for those things anyway?

It is very annoying and it's not like they couldn't release premium editions alongside the regular and still be perfectly sure they'd sell out the premium edition.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

I’d actually like Mortis spoilers, the spoiler discussion here’s how I keep up with new lore, since I know you guys are fairly reliable and have basic reading comprehension skills.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Is there a reading list of good non Space Marine/Guard books?

I've done the Watchers of the Throne, Bloodlines, Rites of Passage and enjoyed stuff like Brutal Kunnin and the Infinite and the Divine.

Not really sure where to go next or if there's other slice of life books out there.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

There are non space marine/guard books?

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!

Kegslayer posted:

Is there a reading list of good non Space Marine/Guard books?

I've done the Watchers of the Throne, Bloodlines, Rites of Passage and enjoyed stuff like Brutal Kunnin and the Infinite and the Divine.

Not really sure where to go next or if there's other slice of life books out there.

I was going to do the ol' point to thread title but it's been changed....have you read Eisenhorn? One of the better introductions to the not warfare side of w40k.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

the Severed novella is good if you like Necrons and/or old robots who are definitely in a relationship

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Feb 16, 2021

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Please can I have mortis spoliers as I am not reading the HH books (PM's are open)

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I'm definitely trying to avoid spoilers for it, it sounds amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

notaspy posted:

Please can I have mortis spoliers (PM's are open)