Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Inspector 34 posted:

Oh I know. I didn't say I'd never try another chili pepper ever again and I'm not swearing off cayenne altogether either. It just didn't work out in this particular recipe.

I'm just saying that's a weird choice for mac and cheese since cayenne is sweet if you can get past the almost pure heat of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

tempted to do a beef cheek pasty now

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Hmong-style stuffed chicken wings :snoop:

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Woah. Those look rad as hell.
What are they stuffed with? I can see carrots? But can’t see what else may be in there.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

CaptainCrunch posted:

Woah. Those look rad as hell.
What are they stuffed with? I can see carrots? But can’t see what else may be in there.

Thanks! The filling is glass noodles, carrot, scallion, garlic, shiitake, ground beef, oyster sauce.

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

Casu Marzu posted:

Thanks! The filling is glass noodles, carrot, scallion, garlic, shiitake, ground beef, oyster sauce.

Do you have a recipe or something? I’m in shock and amazement that you can stuff chicken wings and very curious how it’s done.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

Do you have a recipe or something? I’m in shock and amazement that you can stuff chicken wings and very curious how it’s done.

I just kinda wing :rimshot: it based off the ones I've eaten at friends' dinners.

I did use the video linked on this recipe as a guide to de-bone the wings with shears as I've only ever used a paring knife before. I definitely recommend using the shears. Her recipe looks pretty spot on, too.

You can do a lot of variations on this as well. As long as it can be stuffed in an egg roll or a dumpling wrapper, you can prob shove it into the wing. I've had kimchi/tofu and shrimp fillings before and they're excellent.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
my buddy made Palak Paneer this weekend, was incredible, the naan was not so good but he's improving that aspect:

vonnegutt
Aug 7, 2006
Hobocamp.
Was homemade paneer a lot better than storebought? I've been tempted to try and make it for a while but it seemed a bit difficult.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

vonnegutt posted:

Was homemade paneer a lot better than storebought? I've been tempted to try and make it for a while but it seemed a bit difficult.

it was very easy to make, he said that he learned to heat it slow, it'll scald easy and ruin it. he didn't salt it but you can, he wanted the fresh milk taste only. It was great, other than indian restaurants I've never had it, so not sure if store bought is ok or not, but this stuff was just perfect. The only thing in it is whole milk and lemon juice, it took a few hours to fully make since it had to be pressed, if you made a smaller batch it would be pretty easy.

also his was Palak, so only spinach, but there's some serrano peppers and stuff in there, also no ghee just regular butter.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Casu Marzu posted:

Awesome. I hope they were as delicious as they looked!

blixa
Jan 9, 2006

Kein bestandteil sein

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Braised lamb shanks served over some polenta. Very, very tasty!

gently caress yeah, this looks amazing.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

lots of delicious looking dinners ITT! here are my weekend dishes

ribeye with mashed potatoes and overly dried out sprouts

shepherds cottage pie with not enough mashed potatoes bc i made too much the night before with the steak

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

ShoogaSlim posted:

lots of delicious looking dinners ITT! here are my weekend dishes

ribeye with mashed potatoes and overly dried out sprouts

shepherds cottage pie with not enough mashed potatoes bc i made too much the night before with the steak

I also made a cottage pie in my Lodge skillet last night :thumbsup:

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I also made a cottage pie in my Lodge skillet last night :thumbsup:

dude! yes!

this is my second time making one, and it always starts out simple (prep the ingredients, most of it goes in one friggin pan) but then somewhere right before it goes in the oven i'm out of breath, sweating profusely and feeling like everything is going off the rails. i have no idea why haha

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Joining the club. I made Adam Ragusea's shepherd's pie for Sunday dinner.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
They’re the perfect cozy, winter dinner. I probably make them once a month during the colder part of the year. I mix them up a lot. From straight lamb to vegan. The one I made last night I got really nuts with and made mashed sweet potatoes on top.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Well how about that....

Joy of Cooking's template here.

Thoht
Aug 3, 2006

Alright, thread. You broke me down. Time to hop on that gochujang chicken bandwagon.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Dang quesadilla

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

toplitzin posted:

Dang quesadilla

That's a pretty fuckin dope lookin dilla. What's inside?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

toplitzin posted:

Dang quesadilla

drat I want the D right now (D is short for Dilla(Dilla is short for quesadilla))

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Some miso glazed salmon, Chinese mashed potatoes, and asparagus. I was too ready to eat to look for decent lighting.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Casu Marzu posted:

That's a pretty fuckin dope lookin dilla. What's inside?

cheese and leftover baby back rib meat.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Casu Marzu posted:

Hmong-style stuffed chicken wings :snoop:

OMG this is great, actually everything on this page is fantastic and giving me inspiration for this weekend...

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Phil Moscowitz posted:

OMG this is great, actually everything on this page is fantastic and giving me inspiration for this weekend...

Yeah, this page is something special.

My own offering...

Pan-fried haddock, crushed potatoes, green beans, broccoli, samphire, and a lemon, pernod, saffron and tarragon butter sauce.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Made parmesan crusted salmon and sweet kale salad, spinach patties were frozen though

First time making a homemade mayonnaise let alone an aioli but that poo poo was fire
I used the leftover garlic that has been marinated in the gojuchang chicken I made the other day for the aioli

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

toplitzin posted:

cheese and leftover baby back rib meat.

:discourse:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I didn't put much effort into last nights dinner, was pretty late, but I had a fire going.

crystalgemini
Nov 8, 2020

Professor Wayne posted:

Some miso glazed salmon, Chinese mashed potatoes, and asparagus. I was too ready to eat to look for decent lighting.

What are Chinese mashed potatoes?

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0D4j41mS8s

Roughly this. I got lazy on some steps and didn't peel the potatoes and boiled instead of steamed.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
valentine's day ribeye and roasted radishes

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Beef Osso Bucco over Risotto alla Milanese for a -30F wind chill Valentine's Day.

Not pictured, the side of broccoli rabe that was way too bitter.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Lamb loin chops with red wine sauce, twice-baked potatoes, and roasted asparagus.

This was legitimately one of the best meals I’ve ever made. Super proud of it. Used an Australian Cabernet for the sauce, and it just paired perfectly with the lamb. The lamb was perfect medium rare, but I failed to get pictures because I was busy shoving it in my facehole.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

MrYenko posted:

Lamb loin chops with red wine sauce, twice-baked potatoes, and roasted asparagus.

This was legitimately one of the best meals I’ve ever made. Super proud of it. Used an Australian Cabernet for the sauce, and it just paired perfectly with the lamb. The lamb was perfect medium rare, but I failed to get pictures because I was busy shoving it in my facehole.

OMG your glasses

(also the food looks great)

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Made that bake-a-whole-feta-brick-with-tomatoes thing that's been going around

Then that gets stirred up into a sauce, made gnocchi and chicken to go with it

low effort and extremely tasty, would make again

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

kumba posted:

Made that bake-a-whole-feta-brick-with-tomatoes thing that's been going around

Then that gets stirred up into a sauce, made gnocchi and chicken to go with it

low effort and extremely tasty, would make again

Can you link to an example recipe I haven’t heard of this

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Sweeper posted:

Can you link to an example recipe I haven’t heard of this

you got it

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

It looks good, but did it come from that there TikTok the youths are going on about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Had a major hankerin for a club sandwich for ages now