Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

it’s a mid range oppo apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
still using a small anroid made by Sony in 2014 and you can pry it from my cold dead fingers

speaking of fingers i do wish it had a fingerprint reader though

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
how are you able to use apps running what i assume is an android build from 2012?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

very carefully

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

the chinese state intelligence rootkits keep his phone updated

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
nice of them to step up where google fails

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Gentle Autist posted:

it’s a mid range oppo apparently

oppo android style

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

truly productive posting that only the surface duo can provide.

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
:eyepop:

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
my God
the madman actually did it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Drastic Actions posted:

where'd you get that?

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

infernal machines posted:

where'd you get that?

it's my surface duo i bought with my corporate discount. it's now my work phone (so I could un-intune my actual phone) and it's poo poo, don't buy it. my pixel 4a I use for dev work is a much better, more fun, device to use.

left screen is the normal Awful android app. right screen is my app i work on from time to time.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Drastic Actions posted:

it's poo poo, don't buy it. .

lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Drastic Actions posted:

it's my surface duo i bought with my corporate discount. it's now my work phone (so I could un-intune my actual phone) and it's poo poo, don't buy it. my pixel 4a I use for dev work is a much better, more fun, device to use.

left screen is the normal Awful android app. right screen is my app i work on from time to time.

oh, you actually use for things. my condolences.

i'll get one either free or nearly free, years from now, to add to my collection of failed portable computing products

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
one day it will go into this box

not pictured: LG G-Flex 2 and HTC One M8

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
do you also have that kyocera dual screen phone

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
what’s up yellow Nokia 1020 with the camera grip buddy. :smug::hf::smug:

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
google/huawei figured out how to fit a camera array in the back of a phone while allowing it to lie flat back in 2015. why do we have these stupid unbalanced rectangles now

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Drastic Actions posted:

in it, voted etc

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

dual-wielding awful apps like liquid metal extensions of my hinge

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Drastic Actions posted:

:2bong:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
jfc

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

eventually phone backs will be entirely camera arrays and i can have a phone that can lie flat again

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Drastic Actions posted:

one day it will go into this box

not pictured: LG G-Flex 2 and HTC One M8
more like WTF M8

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

butt dickus posted:

eventually phone backs will be entirely camera arrays and i can have a phone that can lie flat again

why don't they just make the whole phone out of the camera?

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

they made one already , it got the whole computational photography down before it was mainstream. by "it got it down" i mean there was awful artifacting whenever it merged multiple telephoto and wideangle images.

e: oops it wasn't a phone, even though it was andorid based

Anne Frank Funk fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Feb 16, 2021

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

how soon we forget the samsung galaxy camera with android jellybeans

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Why are you posting iPhones in this thread?

CoolRanch
Apr 5, 2019

Can't wait till the 'pos crew gets a load of these pics and says some hosed UP poo poo lol

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i had a meeting with some security consultant today and I am pretty sure his face-down-phone-in-a-case was some android trash. it didn't do wonders for his credibility

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

patched android is likely at least as secure as ios, at least exploit prices tilt that way (both browser escapes and full zero-clicks remain more expensive for android than ios).

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Drastic Actions posted:

respect.

Programmer Humor
Nov 27, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

butt dickus posted:

we could do that now by just putting a camera in every corner

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

patched android is likely at least as secure as ios, at least exploit prices tilt that way (both browser escapes and full zero-clicks remain more expensive for android than ios).

thats not even figuring in the fact that ios exploits are more valuable just by virtue of them working across a wider range of devices rather than android exploits which might not necessarily work across all oems

that said android oems lie about whether security patches actually fix the problems and thats assuming the devices get them at all which most do not

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

lol no.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

correct, android is much more secure even unpatched

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

carry on then posted:

correct, android is much more secure even unpatched

Also lol no. Android is a shitheap. Stock Android might be secure, but as soon as vendors start loving around all bets are off. Most vendors are WORSE than garbage xda rom makers.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Also lol no. Android is a shitheap. Stock Android might be secure, but as soon as vendors start loving around all bets are off. Most vendors are WORSE than garbage xda rom makers.
wow thanks for this fresh information and capital letters in the android thread. how about you put your time traveling powers to good use and push donald trump into a mudhole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

butt dickus posted:

wow thanks for this fresh information and capital letters in the android thread. how about you put your time traveling powers to good use and push donald trump into a mudhole

YOSPOS