Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I'd yamherha if you know what I mean fellas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
If anyone tricks me into listening to the McLaren anthem when out comes out I will be very angry.

Nice to learn that Lando likes to help disassemble the car on a race weekend, good lad.

They have successfully kept a good livery and not ruined it, so well done there.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Max likes to help disassemble his car on a race weekend as well

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Thanks Ants posted:

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thanks Ants posted:

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
It definitely looks like an orange formula one car.

I'm kind of interested to see what the Aston Martin looks like but apart from that I just want to skip to testing already.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Thanks Ants posted:

any wall's the pit wall when you think about it like max

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Thanks Ants posted:

He makes the wall/other cars do it for him, the lazy prick

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Thanks Ants posted:

he really tries to one-up his mechanics frequently

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

The umbrellas concern me. Does the virtual space have some weather effect they'd need to protect themselves from?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Azza Bamboo posted:

The umbrellas concern me. Does the virtual space have some weather effect they'd need to protect themselves from?

otherwise how would you know they're umbrella girls

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Azza Bamboo posted:

Early level starting weapon

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

net work error posted:

Early level starting weapon

Then how do they have the late game armour?

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
can someone explain the red bull honda engine deal given that we were supposed to get new engine regs in 2021 and honda said theyre quitting after this year

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Red Bull bought the engine designs/rights from Honda. They're building a base in (one of the least sexiest places) Milton Keynes, which will be praying it can import the materials to fabricate those engines.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rhopunzel posted:

can someone explain the red bull honda engine deal given that we were supposed to get new engine regs in 2021 and honda said theyre quitting after this year

We aren’t getting new engine regs in 2021 hth

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
2022 is when the 10% biofuel comes in, I think

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

the corona quid posted:

We aren’t getting new engine regs in 2021 hth

when are we, if ever

i hate the current regs

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Rhopunzel posted:

when are we, if ever

i hate the current regs

2025 is likely

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
The current engines aren’t really the issue.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Red Bull persuaded everyone to accept an engine freeze so they could buy Honda's engine designs and not have to spend money developing anything.

Everyone else accepted because they don't really want to be spending much more on these engines either and their engines are better than the Honda anyway.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
f1 should ban engines

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Yo can I get a signed life-sized cutout of you for my brother's birthday?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Tsaedje posted:

Red Bull persuaded everyone to accept an engine freeze so they could buy Honda's engine designs and not have to spend money developing anything.

Everyone else accepted because they don't really want to be spending much more on these engines either and their engines are better than the Honda anyway.

The Renault Engine certainly is not.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I mean, it says a lot when McLaren immediately dumps the powerplant when the Benz became available.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

the paradigm shift posted:

I haven't been able to watch anything on the official f1 youtube in a couple of months. it's just saying video unavailable with no more info so google is useless. eventually I'll get fed up enough to contact support since it's the only channel doing it to me.

You probably got banned, the same thing happened to me. Apparently they don't like it when people share respectful fact-based opinions about Bottas in the comments of all their videos!

poty fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Feb 16, 2021

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

poty posted:

You probably got banned, the same thing happened to me. Apparently they don't like it when people share respectful fact-based opinions about Bottas in the comments of all their videos!

I never comment but I do drink a lot sometimes so maybe I did something

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
"I would never KNOWINGLY comment but..."

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I got banned from the Racer comment section because I said the Daytona 500 had become a farce and anybody who liked this year's race had a dog's brain.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Frond posted:

I got banned from the Racer comment section because I said the Daytona 500 had become a farce and anybody who liked this year's race had a dog's brain.

Six hours of red flag followed by a wreck on the last lap isn't fun?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Frond posted:

The Renault Engine certainly is not.

You may have noticed that both Renault powered teams did pretty ok last season, both finishing comfortably ahead of Alpha Tauri, the midfield team with a Honda engine. With Ferrari nerfed it was the second best engine out there. Comfortably worse than the Merc though, which is why McLaren have taken the opportunity for an upgrade.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

sounds like we're gonna see more drinking from a shoe

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Tsaedje posted:

You may have noticed that both Renault powered teams did pretty ok last season, both finishing comfortably ahead of Alpha Tauri, the midfield team with a Honda engine. With Ferrari nerfed it was the second best engine out there. Comfortably worse than the Merc though, which is why McLaren have taken the opportunity for an upgrade.

Two relatively large teams beating a team that is a parking ground for young drivers is a pretty poo poo way of determining whether an engine is good

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
when max wasn't crashing into the barriers without taking any avoiding action i'm pretty sure he was pretty much way out infront of any of the renault powered teams and managed to win two races and podium 9 more times

so either the honda powerplant is actually some big time win, or you have to admit Max is probably pretty good or both

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
also gasly managed to win a race with the same engine on noted power track, the home of all motorsport and formula 1 Monza

the next best renault powered car by the bad fail australian only managed 2 3rd places

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
There's not an ideal way to compare engine performance right now, you can't just look at lap times or the speed trap without context. The gaps between all 4 engines have narrowed, hence the Mercedes engine not being sufficient to give Williams success, like it was back when they were sporting martini livery. Honda's gains had taken even their b-team ahead of the Renault runners, but that was reversed in 2020 as Renault took their own steps forward. Even considering that the works Renault had a lower downforce philosophy last season, the fact that it often topped the speed trap shows a significant improvement.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Max sucks

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Tsaedje posted:

There's not an ideal way to compare engine performance right now, you can't just look at lap times or the speed trap without context. The gaps between all 4 engines have narrowed, hence the Mercedes engine not being sufficient to give Williams success, like it was back when they were sporting martini livery. Honda's gains had taken even their b-team ahead of the Renault runners, but that was reversed in 2020 as Renault took their own steps forward. Even considering that the works Renault had a lower downforce philosophy last season, the fact that it often topped the speed trap shows a significant improvement.

:dafuq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I love rewriting history