Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

the original zelda is my favorite. i like the pacing and the size of the world. so after that its botw for similar reasons, but i like links awakening a lot too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Links awakening = perfection of the "classic" Zelda formula. LttP has some weird rough edges but links awakening is buttery smooth, tight design, perfect pacing, great memorable characters, excellent music... It's all there

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

i remember when i was in 5th grade my friends and i were all playing OOT and i got the flu so i stayed home from school for a week and played soooo much OOT and was the first one in our group to beat the water temple, and when i went back to school the next week my friends were soooo pissed at me and insisted i was just faking sick to get farther than them in the game

putting nostalgia aside, i think WW is my favorite. i remember being SCANDALIZED when i first saw the art as a teen, how could they DO this to link???? but i was completely won over as soon as i started playing it, and is kind of what sets the benchmark of Beauty in video games to me

i JUST downloaded BOTW so will start playing that for the first time soon, very excite

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i really forced myself to like skyward sword. and for the characters, setting, overall world building i liked it a ton!! but the gameplay itself was butts and the dungeons/bosses were pretty unmemorable (outside of that badass robot god one)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i used to post on an argentinaen zelda forum and people would flame you endlessly if you dared to like "cel-da" as they called it.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I keep meaning to play Oracles of Ages and Seasons. I owned both of them, but honestly can’t remember a thing about them. I’m not entirely sure I finished them. Maybe they were just forgettable.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I know it will never happen but I'd really like to see what a modern reimagining of Adventure of Link would be like. If you can handle all the NES jank that game has a ton of cool stuff going on.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

American McGay posted:

I know it will never happen but I'd really like to see what a modern reimagining of Adventure of Link would be like. If you can handle all the NES jank that game has a ton of cool stuff going on.

yeah its great

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

herculon posted:

I keep meaning to play Oracles of Ages and Seasons. I owned both of them, but honestly can’t remember a thing about them. I’m not entirely sure I finished them. Maybe they were just forgettable.

I think they're both great. Being able to transform the overworld to progress is a great gimmick.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Breath of the wild for me. I blocked cliffy b the other day for saying that the weapon degradation mechanic was bad.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Hmm. I blocked him for saying that he wanted to have sex with 14-year-olds, but I guess we all have different breaking points.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

herculon posted:

I have a huge soft spot for them, I never got into OoT as a kid for some reason and still can't really, but I got the Oracles and they just felt like this deeply weird alternate universe or something. I can't really call them the best by any measure and they probably wouldn't have felt as special if I'd played LA but I have really fond memories of them.

BotW, Majora's Mask and Wind Waker all ftw for totally different reasons so I can't pick a favourite

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

American McGay posted:

Hmm. I blocked him for saying that he wanted to have sex with 14-year-olds, but I guess we all have different breaking points.

jesus

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

favorite zelda is a three-way tie between majoras mask, windwaker, and link to the past

every zelda besides skyward sword is really great though. oh except oracle of ages or seasons I tried replaying that recently and it was rear end lol. every item would unlock one pixel in the entire overworld that was a huge pain in the rear end to navigate, once you got to the dungeons they were cool though

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

extremebuff posted:

favorite zelda is a three-way tie between majoras mask, windwaker, and link to the past

every zelda besides skyward sword is really great though. oh except oracle of ages or seasons I tried replaying that recently and it was rear end lol. every item would unlock one pixel in the entire overworld that was a huge pain in the rear end to navigate, once you got to the dungeons they were cool though

This pretty much.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

I really liked link between worlds also because it was basically lttp2

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

not enough people talk about link between worlds and it owns. it's really great, I liked it even more on a replay

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

when i die i want to upload my consciousness black mirror style into the title screen of oot for all eternity. home....

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've beaten Zelda 1 more times than any other game, and it's the first game I ever beat so it means a lot to me.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

My favorite 3D one is Skyward Sword though. I love almost everything about it. If BotW2 has real dungeons and Zelda items it may take the throne

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Evil Eagle posted:

My favorite 3D one is Skyward Sword though. I love almost everything about it. If BotW2 has real dungeons and Zelda items it may take the throne

literally the only person i've ever seen say this. wild poo poo!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

a Loving Dog posted:

He's a nasty little freak.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

The best Zelda overall is Triforce Heroes, but my favorite 3D one is Link's Crossbow Training.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

que sera sera posted:

when i die i want to upload my consciousness black mirror style into the title screen of oot for all eternity. home....

this post just made me hear hoofsteps

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

American McGay posted:

He's a nasty little freak.

hosed up for sure

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Link to the Past and Link's Awakening take it for me but I really love most of them. Not Skyward Sword tho, and also not Twilight Princess but maybe it's time to give that another shot...

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
twilight princess is very good

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Literally the only time I played it was in high school and I was disappointed it wasn't more like Wind Waker. Hope they put both of those HD Remakes out on the switch soon

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Literally the only time I played it was in high school and I was disappointed it wasn't more like Wind Waker. Hope they put both of those HD Remakes out on the switch soon

Praying for a surprise 35th anniversary announcement soon :pray:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The rumor pests are saying it's gonna be next week because that's the actual anniversary of the Japanese release but I think they'll let Mario breathe a little. Maybe a partner direct sometime at the end of February and then a Zelda thingy in March.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

twilight princess def felt like it underdelivered in some aspects but i feel like it was a pretty good game. ice dungeon was very win conceptually

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The only thing I remember about TP was that it had some pretty badass items. The giant fuckoff hammer and the ball and chain dungeon. The spinner was also conceptually cool but in reality it was only used like twice outside of the dungeon so that was kinda lame.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Praying for a surprise 35th anniversary announcement soon :pray:

god same. im hopin for ocarina/majora's/wind waker remaster but i think the fact theyve all been remastered last gen makes that less likely

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tp has really cool items and dungeons and some good setpieces but imo the lamest overworld other than skyward sword

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
tp is fine. just ok. a totally whatever zelda

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mine is probably Wind Waker or Zelda 2, though my best memory of enjoying Zelda was OOT or BOTW, but I like the idea of Zeldas and watching someone else play them during, say, a charity marathon, than I like playing them myself.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

unoriginal observation but in hindsight 8.8 ws probably the right number for twilight princess

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

a Loving Dog posted:

It came along at a really good time in my life, same with galaxy 2. Just have some really nice memories of those games.

I've definitely played SS way less than say OoT or even BotW but I love every single thing in that game that happens below the clouds. The controls clicked with me immediately as well and it has the sickest final boss ever

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I can’t possibly pick a favorite Zelda. I love all the ones I’ve seen played too much to choose between them. Which is a convenient out because I’ve never played the ones that everyone says are bad like Skyward Sword

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i'm just glad someone would pick Skyward Sword as their favorite, all the zelda games are really fun. they're good games, imps.