Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

mr. oatgan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

History Comes Inside! posted:

What happens if a guy pays the $50 and turns up to the zoom calls or whatever it is they do

Not shitposting I’m genuinely curious how it’s policed

jericho calls up don callis and gets you banned from impact wrestling

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

NienNunb posted:

Jericho's wife being one of the capital building freaks is very funny. So is him donating like $20k illegally to Trump. It's important to remember how funny and dumb it all is and try not to get angry about it. A little bit of the bubbly

Haha fascist uprisings are so hilarious

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Yes that's exactly what I was saying, I'm sure.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Brandi is really really good at this stuff. Her replies in the thread are super professional, I wonder how much of a marketing background she has because she's excellent at it.

https://twitter.com/StephMcMahon/status/581881800659591168

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Maybe “brands” is what she calls Brandi

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

"it's the way Brandi and Lil Bran Bran r going 2 win"

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Brandi is awesome and her bad/great cooking show is one of my favorite things on youtube.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Wonder how many of the dudes complaining about Heels being $50 a year pay out the rear end for wrestling merch/podcasts women's used gear :thunk:

FTFY

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

That one guy from here that spent like a thousand bucks a month buying shoes for wrestleladies was ahead of his time on the heels thing

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Orange Carlisle posted:

That one guy from here that spent like a thousand bucks a month buying shoes for wrestleladies was ahead of his time on the heels thing

excuse me what

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Orange Carlisle posted:

I'll ask you kindly to put some respect on Oatgan's name

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Wasn’t that the same guy who made the post lamenting that Kharma should just get over her miscarriage already and get back in the ring

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

My joke was bad and we should probably move on before everyone within shouting distance gets a probation

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Rarity posted:

Haha fascist uprisings are so hilarious

You seem a tad grouchy. You ok? Hugs if not.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/thejohnnyblast/status/1360816117879615488

Oh dang, our boy Blast is gonna shoot his shot

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rarity posted:

AEW Heels only having 500 members doesn't sound like something worth boasting about tbh

probably about the same amount of paid subs the wwe network has

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

The 25th wrestler for WWE new signing class has spoken (kidding, but yeah, this is happening)

https://twitter.com/smoss/status/1360572780597624836?s=20

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

"We have a great idea to bring in this somewhat famous person and feud them with our least popular heel faction ever"

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Neodoomium posted:

"We have a great idea to bring in this somewhat famous person and feud them with our least popular heel faction ever"

Somewhat famous is a stretch for bow wow at this point, really.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah Bow Wow is at best a C-list celebrity these days

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
And he’s clowning most of the mid card

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

Wasn’t that the same guy who made the post lamenting that Kharma should just get over her miscarriage already and get back in the ring

DM Punk, yes

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

https://amp.wrestlinginc.com/news/2...impression=true

quote:

Exclusive: WWE Issuing Violations For Social Media Posts Naming Third Parties

WWE is issuing “violations” to talent for tweets or Instagram posts naming any third party business, person, brand or charity, Wrestling Inc. has learned.

Wrestling Inc. has learned that the violations start with a warning, then a fine, and finally suspension. The company is claiming ownership of talent Twitter and Instagram accounts via a clause in their contracts that grants WWE the exclusive use of their likeness.

It has been made clear to talent who have complained that the current “flexibility” allowed in social media could be retracted by the company.

We first reported last September that Vince McMahon issued an edict stating that talent can no longer use platforms like Cameo and Twitch. Zelina Vega was released from the company last November due to fallout from her continuing to use platforms like Twitch and OnlyFans.

A recent study from LoveUX revealed how lucrative these social media posts. Their study estimated that Lana earned $625,922 off 59 sponsored posts in 2020 ($10,608 per post), while Mandy Rose garnered an estimated $490,104 off 71 sponsored posts ($6,902 per post).

We have reached out to WWE, and will provide updates if we receive any.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

WWE got mad at Dolph promoting AEW.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol at issuing violations for mentioning charities

I thought philanthropy is the future of marketing

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I wonder if this would have included any of the Brodie cross promotion charities that were promoted by everyone.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Sounds like a good way to get out of a contract

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
at least they get to surf

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Shayna Baszler posted:

at least they get to surf

more like, they get to be serfs

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

explosivo posted:

I wonder if this would have included any of the Brodie cross promotion charities that were promoted by everyone.

I think it stems from Dolph promoting his brother but more so from the forbidden door being broken. WWE wants no attention drawn to it and it’s a catalyst why they’re doing heavy signing. Some of the people with contracts right now still haven’t signed them and there could be more than the 2 dozen that have already put pen to paper.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Shayna Baszler posted:

more like, they get to be serfs

you know, you're right

edit: you know ICR, i was doing a thing here. would've been really funny.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

explosivo posted:

Lol this is why they started doing this 100%

What a vile company

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Rip sami 4 Syria

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Shayna Baszler posted:

you know, you're right

edit: you know ICR, i was doing a thing here. would've been really funny.

I want to formally apologize in front of everybody. I absolutely blew it. I am the king of blowing it. :(

If it helps, your first posts were very funny. I did laugh and I appreciate you!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Orange Carlisle posted:

lol at issuing violations for mentioning charities

I thought philanthropy is the future of marketing

Can only rep Susan G Komen, c'mon

Sounds like a good way to get out of a contract

None of them will challenge it. Kind of understandable when the justice system inherently favours those with vast reserves of wealth to call up, still loving sucks.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 16, 2021

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/daydreamthis/status/1361450318484094981?s=21

https://twitter.com/daydreamthis/status/1361449493561044993?s=21

https://twitter.com/daydreamthis/status/1361448124410191873?s=21

Because in the world, where I have been Men In Blacked and my memory was erased by K, there is only one wrestling promotion in the world. Just one. In the world.

Jun Akiyama could have potentially signed a contract and they would have to announce him as a young up and coming rookie at 51 years old. No wrestling experience. At all.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

explosivo posted:

My first thought, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

WWE is loving evil and I’m astounded anyone still gives them money