Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Karloff posted:

I got to be honest, I feel this thread is far nicer to people who like Snyder films than the Snyderdome is to people who don't.

abso-loving-lutely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Fangz posted:

Well in Dawn of the Dead god punishes gays and muslims by making zombies so

Maybe you should watch the movie and not parrot fish lady.

The character that says this is an insane person that one of the bigger assholes in the film (at that point) is watching like it’s the truth..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWGtZ9Oqcwc

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

Maybe you should watch the movie and not parrot fish lady.

The character that says this is an insane person that one of the bigger assholes in the film (at that point) is watching like it’s the truth..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWGtZ9Oqcwc

Ignoring Fish's criticism while yourself parroting a thing she actually addresses in the video, nice. This is where the idea that Snyder fans are all disingenuous assholes comes from, poo poo like you making an argument that you know to be in bad faith, ignoring and writing off valid criticism, as just repeating a talking point about the text of the film, when the subtext can very easily be read in a different manner, is all you've got. Just classic stuff.

Vince MechMahon fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Feb 16, 2021

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t care about fish lady. But people need to for real stop acting like that was the cause of the zombie attack. It’s idiotic.

The whole opening credits is people reacting to it.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

X-O posted:

I think that whether you like the movies or don't it's pretty obvious that Snyder Talk is a poisoned well at this point and anybody that drinks from it turns into a raging idiot. I'll be glad when this is released and there's some actual discussion from those that watch it and then we can put it to bed for good.

Thaat's the reason I stopped posting here. I miss the thread and being a dork about super hero movies and bad cgi :sigh: (MCU also has terrible CGI *stares at black panther*, in case anyone thinks im hating on snyder).

I guess I'll get back here once everyone has enjoyed their movie and moved on.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

I don’t care about fish lady. But people need to for real stop acting like that was the cause of the zombie attack. It’s idiotic.

The whole opening credits is people reacting to it.

That guy was wrong, but the woman you continue to casually disrespect despite not caring about her was not making that point so bringing her into it just to go "lol that dumb idiot is so dumb," again, even though you don't care about her, is really weird.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

The thing is there’s TWO Snyder threads in CD but saying his name 3 times in a mirror summons them here.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I would be 100% in favor of a blanket ban on Snyder talk in this thread.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Vince MechMahon posted:

That guy was wrong, but the woman you continue to casually disrespect despite not caring about her was not making that point so bringing her into it just to go "lol that dumb idiot is so dumb," again, even though you don't care about her, is really weird.

Maggie Fish is a loving scumbag.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

I don’t think that’s necessary, and I know theres not a lot of movie news cause of Covid but just talk about ANYTHING else for a week.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Vince MechMahon posted:

https://twitter.com/MaggieMaeFish/status/1260641575928922112

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Maggie Fish is a loving scumbag.

Got an actual reason for this?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sorry I don’t respect that persons opinion about that movie. I couldn’t really get through it and hearing that was like...fo real? Frustrating. Dawn of the Dead is pretty cool and it’s written by one of my all time favorite directors so.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

If only there was a video where she expanded on this, clarified it, and went into more depth what she meant. This is a bad take in the tweet, but it's not even close to the most recent or most complete thing she's said on it. You would think Snyder people would understand expounding on a thing you had limits on at a later date but I guess not.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

Sorry I don’t respect that persons opinion about that movie. I couldn’t really get through it and hearing that was like...fo real? Frustrating. Dawn of the Dead is pretty cool and it’s written by one of my all time favorite directors so.

She goes over the differences from the script and the final film. Guess what James Gunn did not have in the script?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Vince MechMahon posted:

If only there was a video where she expanded on this, clarified it, and went into more depth what she meant. This is a bad take in the tweet, but it's not even close to the most recent or most complete thing she's said on it. You would think Snyder people would understand expounding on a thing you had limits on at a later date but I guess not.

Can you sum it up instead of alluding to the magical take that makes it all cool and good?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Vince MechMahon posted:

Guess what James Gunn did not have in the script?

A dearth of Gregg Henry and Michael Rooker?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Roth posted:

Can you sum it up instead of alluding to the magical take that makes it all cool and good?

No, go watch the video if you give a poo poo, it's free on YouTube.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Vince MechMahon posted:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
no it's me I'm the person who can be the most snide and dismissive of other people on the internet give me the trophy

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

It's at 4:19 of this, that's all the leg work on this one I'm doing for you, knock yourself out: https://youtu.be/gY7EnEuqb7M

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

abso-loving-lutely

Lol

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Blockhouse posted:

no it's me I'm the person who can be the most snide and dismissive of other people on the internet give me the trophy

You want that trophy? gently caress you, I'm gonna do nothing but post 20 pages about this

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

No I'm saying if YOU take it that religion is real. But the movies do have a lot of religious references, themes, and imagery apart from Gethsemane and crucifix posing.

While there are no doubt some people who believe you can commune with spirits I think the number of people who believe in religion and also think you can just have a chat with your ghost dad if you're in the right place at the right time make up a much smaller percentage of the audience.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Karloff posted:

Ok so no film analysis is fact. None. Unless you are just stating objective technical details like "this film is 24fps" or whatever. Nor would, I imagine, Fish or any person doing readings of films claim theirs to be fact. The reason why critics (print or paper or youtube whatever) don't introduce each point they make with "in my opinion" is because it's unnecessary, and a fault of style probably as well. The fact it's opinion is implied by the fact that it's an opinion piece. You clearly do not agree with her analysis but she's not stating it as fact as opposed to stating her analysis, which by definition, is her opinion.

in general terms I don't think this is true - the obvious argument against this is a deliberately absurd or nonsensical reading e.g. Man of Steel is about vampires, and the dangers of vampires. readings can be inaccurate, irrational or immoral. while everyone has the right to express whatever opinion they want that doesn't make every opinion equally true - or equally harmless, for that matter

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vince MechMahon posted:

It's at 4:19 of this, that's all the leg work on this one I'm doing for you, knock yourself out: https://youtu.be/gY7EnEuqb7M

Okay I’m watching this now. So like. No.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Karloff posted:

I got to be honest, I feel this thread is far nicer to people who like Snyder films than the Snyderdome is to people who don't.

lol, no. Not even close.

Vince MechMahon posted:

I did. Here's the TL:DR. She's full of poo poo, she started with the conclusion and then worked her way backwards, and twisted facts to fit the conclusion instead of doing actual media analysis. It's a bad faith cashgrab at the goldmine that is Snyder outrage, and it's gross that she's exploiting minorities to earn a buck

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Lt. Danger posted:

in general terms I don't think this is true - the obvious argument against this is a deliberately absurd or nonsensical reading e.g. Man of Steel is about vampires, and the dangers of vampires. readings can be inaccurate, irrational or immoral. while everyone has the right to express whatever opinion they want that doesn't make every opinion equally true - or equally harmless, for that matter

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying all opinions are equal, or people shouldn't argue for their analysis/opinion and why they think it's the better one. What I'm disputing is the claim that Fish stated her analysis as fact, which I don't believe she did, and I don't believe most critics do.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
No one's going to convince anyone of anything this entire discussion serves no purpose but to make the thread completely insufferable to read for an entire loving day

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Karloff posted:

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying all opinions are equal, or people shouldn't argue for their analysis/opinion and why they think it's the better one. What I'm disputing is the claim that Fish stated her analysis as fact, which I don't believe she did, and I don't believe most critics do.

You are correct. But it’s just weird when other people say it as fact. That’s the issue. Ya know?

Heck people do it in CineD and online all the time and it annoys the fuckin poo poo outta me. Like one person gives their take which fair, but then people just say that take verbatim. It’s like ahhh.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I can’t believe CelticPredator ended up getting CD Stockholm syndrome

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

"Exploiting minorities" by making a video criticizing Zack Snyder, holy loving poo poo

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I just really like Dawn of the dead.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

Cd is not the hivemind u think it is

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Also I ended up talking to all the snyderfans I had fights with and we all ended up cool with each other so idk

I still think man of steel ain’t great. But I also don’t give a poo poo about talking about it any more.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Escobarbarian posted:

I force fed him the parasites. It's too late.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Karloff posted:

I'm not sure that is the case, though. analyses are facts, derived from a text. there's not much point in them if they aren't true statements about a work

I think the missing component is ideology (*schniff*), which is a taboo subject. readings, after all, are constructed halfway between reader and text - ideology (how you think the world works) is just what the reader brings to the reading. but if we don't or can't acknowledge and explain our ideological background, then all we have is a handwavey "opinions can't be true or false, that's the whole point of opinions". Fish's analysis isn't just her telling you about this really weird dream she had once, or something equally subjective - she's telling you how the world works and how the film matches/doesn't match that, like all critics, like anyone who has an opinion about any thing does

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Escobarbarian posted:

abso-loving-lutely

What percentage of this persecuted group stroll into the dome demanding folks accept their hot takes consisting of "movie bad," and then getting mad when people ask them to elaborate?

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

MacheteZombie posted:

Cd is not the hivemind u think it is

*leans back in chair and tents fingers* so you admit that it IS a hive mind, just not the one we think it is. Interesting. Very interesting. No I will not accept other interpretations of your post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bushisms.txt posted:

What percentage of this persecuted group stroll into the dome demanding folks accept their hot takes consisting of "movie bad," and then getting mad when people ask them to elaborate?

I’m guessing almost anyone who isn’t a fan has been driven away over the years by ad hominem/strawman nonsense and the sight of people twisting themselves into knots rather than convince themselves these movies are flawless :shrug: