Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
TIL the Chinese translation of Max Payne 3 is titled The True Colours of Heroes

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Kazzah posted:

TIL the Chinese translation of Max Payne 3 is titled The True Colours of Heroes
I looked it up and yep, 英雄本色3. I guess the true colors of heroes are dirty white shirts caked in blood?

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

I'll just wait until they release the whole trilogy in one package.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Imhotep posted:

That was a very good game, the Xbox one and the series x apparently do a good enough job upscaling it etc., that it doesn’t really need one.

The problem is Lost Odyssey is still an X360 game at its core and sorely needs a rebuild to an X86 version for general preservation purposes.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Geo Fixer posted:

I'll just wait until they release the whole trilogy in one package.

They did, it's the middle section of that box grid :)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

If you are new to the "World of Assassination" it's actually the easiest path of least resistance.

Just buy Hitman 3, then buy as DLC the Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 Standard and Hitman 2 Expansion Access Passes.

"The chart" only becomes an issue if you have previous content you want to carry over

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Billy Gnosis posted:

While good the presence of Andy Dick prevents that from being true.
i groaned out loud. that and clone high were bad surprises

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

imhotep fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Feb 16, 2021

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If you are new to the "World of Assassination" it's actually the easiest path of least resistance.

Just buy Hitman 3, then buy as DLC the Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 Standard and Hitman 2 Expansion Access Passes.

"The chart" only becomes an issue if you have previous content you want to carry over

Thanks, this is what I wanna do.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Oh sick I love aiden pearce’s iconic cap.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

*endless scream*

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

good times honkin mons with noodle and mosquito. that tigrex fight was great, almost cinematic at times

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
where do I get the cheap ps plus subscription? I have to get a new debit card tomorrow and I’ve been without a card since like Thursday which was kind of lucky because my subscription lapsed and i didn’t know I had auto renew turned on. I got an email from PlayStation saying they tried to charge me, or else I probably wouldn’t have noticed, but I’m glad I didn’t pay $60 for ps plus.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Lol this final dungeon in persona 5 just loving suuuuucks. The last palace boss fights were so bad. I just cant.. so done with this game.... just the worst jrpg excesses

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Sounds like you never saw it coming

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Would have thought by now that we've realised that long tedious drawn out final dungeons are the worst part about jrpgs. Just make it short and sweet to the final boss or whatever. Dont make it a massive slog with stupid ...floor puzzles??? Seriously lol

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Sounds like you never saw it coming

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Simone Magus posted:

Apropos of movie chat, I'm rewatching Knives Out and it's still the best movie of 2018

whether you're talking about 2018 or 2019 this is still a ridiculous statement for the following reasons

2018:
Annihilation
Eighth Grade
Don't Worry He Won't Get Far on Foot
You Were Never Really Here

2019:
Beach Bum
Missing Link
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
The Lighthouse
Uncut Gems
Parasite

tbf 2018 was actually a pretty poo poo year for movies considering green book won best picture and pretty much every other movie nominated was mundane trash

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Aiden Pearce's Ironic Cap would be a good forums name

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Akuma posted:

Aiden Pearce's Ironic Crap would be a good forums name

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

ShoogaSlim posted:

whether you're talking about 2018 or 2019 this is still a ridiculous statement for the following reasons

2018:
Annihilation
Eighth Grade
Don't Worry He Won't Get Far on Foot
You Were Never Really Here

2019:
Beach Bum
Missing Link
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
The Lighthouse
Uncut Gems
Parasite

tbf 2018 was actually a pretty poo poo year for movies considering green book won best picture and pretty much every other movie nominated was mundane trash

adding to your post

2018:
shoplifters
burning
if beale street could talk
first reformed
roma
cold war
sorry to bother you
hereditary
first man
widows
mandy

2019:
portrait of a lady on fire
the souvenir
long day's journey into night
last black man in san fran
waves
midsommar
climax

(imo 2018 was a fantastic year)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
2018: suspiria, the favourite, spider-verse, leave no trace, support the girls, wildlife
2019: marriage story, us, little women, the farewell, the irishman, pain and glory

(we’re just listing good films at this point right? knives out was my third fave film of 2019 after parasite and midsommar but drat they were both great years)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

(we’re just listing good films at this point right?

oh, who's gonna be the first? :dukedoge:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That watch dogs content breakdown is heinous, but it looks like outside of a bunch of useless pre order cosmetics, it pretty much amounts to "playstation has two exclusive missions that probably suck none of this is worth caring about"

The Hitman one is much worse. Even looking at it hurts.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

knives out wouldn't make my top 20 in either year, but yeah we just listing good movies in years back in the before-times when movies still existed

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah 2018 was a crazy good year for movies. green book won because the Oscars are poo poo not because 2018 was poo poo.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

green book might be as bad a pick in context of a year as crash was

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

rabidsquid posted:

the best film adaptation of shakespeare is ten things i hate about you

This. 100%

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

green book might be as bad a pick in context of a year as crash was

I've honestly never seen it because who gives a gently caress, it's probably a fine movie, but it's a hilarious pick because they clearly just wanted to showcase a "black" film so people would pat them on the back, and picked one produced, written and directed by white people in the same year Sorry To Bother You came out.

I honestly have more respect for the video game awards, because at least you can tell the people behind it were aware of most of the games that came out that year. The Oscars feels like a bunch of extremely bland boomers that pick most of the "best" movies of the year from NPR blurbs they listened to that fit whatever thing they want to align themselves with for the year.

And then to top it off most of the time the people who actually care about the oscars have only watched Marvel movies and bad Oscar bait and they just get mad when some weird movie wins best picture lol. No one is ever happy.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah from like a filmmaking/acting/storytelling POV Green Book is perfectly decent, if generic/schmaltzy, it’s just also really goddamn patronising and self-congratulatory in that Oscar bait way and the KFC stuff is freaking embarrassing

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

i have never even heard of any of those games wtf

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A lot of them never left Japan or had their names changed, Dragon Slayer was arguably the first action rpg or at least first to be both recognisably action and an rpg and its amusing that Falcom is still making spin offs to it to this day.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Looking at the platforms that some of those were released on, it's not surprising. I don't think I've ever so much as seen a TurboGrafx-16 in person, never mind known anyone who actually owned one.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Cardiovorax posted:

Looking at the platforms that some of those were released on, it's not surprising. I don't think I've ever so much as seen a TurboGrafx-16 in person, never mind known anyone who actually owned one.
Ironically I’ve only played a PC Engine, not a Turbografix, and only once. I visited a friend of a friend in Japan years ago and he just wanted to play some puyo-puyo.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Ironically I’ve only played a PC Engine, not a Turbografix, and only once.
Aren't those the same thing? Wikipedia says so, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The problem is Lost Odyssey is still an X360 game at its core and sorely needs a rebuild to an X86 version for general preservation purposes.

runs well on xenia so general preservation isnt really a worry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRix20QfAUQ