Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1360528187835310084?s=20

:sickos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Takuan posted:

I'm trying to get in to TJPW and I have 2 questions:
1) what is a good source, if there is one, of promo translations, like what Chris Charleton does for NJPW?
2) Why does someone have Old MacDonald as an entrance theme?

Kamiyu reps

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

She legit spent some of her childhood living on a farm in Ohio. This was a large part of her character for a while.

Also the Ohio kids were really loving mean to her

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Ohio Is Farmer Kamiyu

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Neodoomium posted:

Also the Ohio kids were really loving mean to her

This all checks out.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/sta...ghtmode%3Dfalse

Mega heel Giulia doing mega heel things

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Give us Kishin Kid

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Neodoomium posted:

Give us Kishin Kid

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

You tell me a Twilight Kid in full face paint, spitting black mist into Giulia's smug face wouldn't be money

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Neodoomium posted:

Give us Kishin Kid

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Brackets for the TJPW tag tournament

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1360774675551420417?s=20

Magical Sugar Rabbits vs the sisters in round one seems like an easy way to get rid of Yuka if she's going to America

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Looking forward to Cat and Clown eliminating Pop Team Epic

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

SG Bamboo posted:

Looking forward to Cat and Clown eliminating Pop Team Epic

Hell Yes.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1360805090739712006

When is the end of the Japanese side of the AEW tournament? Did STARDOM just accidentally spoil Emi's result?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Neodoomium posted:

When is the end of the Japanese side of the AEW tournament? Did STARDOM just accidentally spoil Emi's result?

I don't think they've given a date for the end of the Japanese bracket, but the finals themselves are at Revolution on the 7th. Presumably the bracket would end on the 1st if they're airing a round each Monday.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Feb 14, 2021

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Florida doesn't require a 2-week quarantine because they're run by a guy named Ron, so that's totally doable

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

If anyone wants to know what Shida is up to today

https://twitter.com/gamilibre/status/1360810380885299202

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Good News! Bea no longer holds a title!
Bad News! Konami no longer holds a title.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Neodoomium posted:

Oh wow, they got the nice lady that helps Jay White at NJPW shows

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Neodoomium posted:

Good News! Bea no longer holds a title!
Bad News! Konami no longer holds a title.
Aww, I was looking forward to Himeka going through all of DDM as partners in title challenges.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Neodoomium posted:

Florida doesn't require a 2-week quarantine because they're run by a guy named Ron, so that's totally doable

AEW would be dumb to let someone they are booking in a tournament final to take a booking in Japan three days before for a litany of reasons - the main one being that its not exactly a rather wide time window for her to work that show, get a COVID test, get her results and then get on a plane. And that's ignoring the fact that the US could bring in further restrictions in the next few weeks: and if I was in AEWs shoes I'd be working on the assumption that they will. And that's ignoring that they probably have their own procedures they have to follow: I doubt PAC is flying in the day before his Dynamite appearances for example.

For what its worth Ryo Mizunami isn't on the card for the next SEAdLINNNG show and I believe she's been on every SEAd show since last January.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

IceAgeComing posted:

For what its worth Ryo Mizunami isn't on the card for the next SEAdLINNNG show and I believe she's been on every SEAd show since last January.

Aniki Elite Wrestling hell yeah!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
There's three girls I know of on the JP side that should theoretically be booked for matches but are absent so maybe they're all "pulling out" of bookings as an anti-spoiler.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The TJPW girls are covered by the tag tournament going on because there's always the chance they could be eliminated. Maki and Yuka have strong early round opponents lined up in Daydream and the Sisters

https://twitter.com/b3rt4/status/1361078457023758337?s=20

Samurai is pretty easy to access from abroad. More so than the PPVs they were doing

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/kimurarock/status/1361243916255694858

Hana Kimura memorial show on May 23rd at Korakuen Hall organised by Kyoko. The notes app stuff basically says that after repeated discussions with Bushiroad, they've accepted that they made mistakes with their handling of Hana and they'll try their best to protect their athletes going forward. She doesn't want money from them for the event but she wants photos/videos of Hana and the use of Stardom athletes for the event

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

thanks for translating and i'm glad she feels more satisfied with recent responses from the company

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

:unsmith:

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

I appreciate the confidence Stardom has to give Utami a gimmick where she carries a rose to the ring to give to a female audience member because sometime she has to really search.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok so let's say hypothetically I was going to start watching TJPW how often do they run shows and how long do those shows run? What kind of commitment am I looking at here? :thunkher:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

Ok so let's say hypothetically I was going to start watching TJPW how often do they run shows and how long do those shows run? What kind of commitment am I looking at here? :thunkher:

It depends if you were to only drop in for major shows (like I do), in which case they have eight Korakuen shows this year and Wrestle Princess. If you're looking to do the other stuff it probably averages to once a week. They're rarely on the long side, especially now. Wrestle Princess went long last year but it didn't feel like it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Thanks! Oh, and what time of day do they run?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

Almost always in the 11:30am JST slot on Saturday or Sunday

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Almost always in the 11:30am JST slot on Saturday or Sunday

Welp that's the middle of the night in the UK :sigh:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

if you're UK based the shows will either be in the middle of the night or they'll be early morning. So their last big show (Positive Chain) was at 11:30AM Japan Standard Time, which is 2:30AM GMT. Wrestle Princess (basically their Wrestlemania) was 3PM, which is 6AM GMT. For their touring shows they tend to double book with DDT, so you'll get the TJPW show at 12PM followed by the DDT show at 5:30PM

My usual tactic is not to watch live but to watch the next morning.

EDIT:

Rarity posted:

It is, which is sucky. Thankfully Wrestle Universe are pretty good at getting their livestreams turned into VOD fairly fast. There's more of a delay when the shows aren't airing live though.

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Feb 16, 2021

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Rarity posted:

for a while they were doing a bunch of shows that were good for uk times but lately it's been all mega late, which is a shame.

re: the scheduling, they do roughly one show a week but they usually take the week before a big show off, or they do something insane like this week where they're running saturday and sunday.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im not browsing 12 pages, tell me about MARVELOUS

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

JOHN CENA posted:

im not browsing 12 pages, tell me about MARVELOUS

They run once or twice a month in Shinkiba and have no championships and usually don't have any long running stories (though they have a feud with Sendai Girls going on right now and a story about one of their roster being a loose cannon) so it's easy just to jump in at any show and enjoy it. I've mainly been following to watch the development of the rookies who started around the time I started watching them.

They've got a niconico channel and they're running live shows as PPV for the duration of the pandemic. They're one of the less accessible promotions right now because very few of those PPVs are being archived by pirates.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The subforum's new name is :discourse:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

The subforum's new name is :discourse:

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
MARVELOUS is basically Chigusa Nagayo's Gatoh Move/Ice Ribbon. There's a lot of cuteness and the personal touch connection with the fans, but the emphasis is on good to great wrestling over characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QeOs48QYeo

It's largely about her trainees, workrate matches, and presents itself as a successor to the AJW/Gaea style.

Warning: traces of those promotions' training attitudes still exist in MARVELOUS, while mild I've seen occasional things on dojo streams that make me go "hmm".

While matches are mostly on NicoNico, there's still a lot of stuff on Youtube, especially during the Covid era:

Marvelous Youtube

Notably for modern Joshi it has a noticeable female following.

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Feb 17, 2021