Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Tim Whatley posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM-Bja2Gy04

The Joker actually says We live in a society. Jesus christ.
They show Superman's red cape when the voiceover talks about waving a red cape at a bull, this butt rear end trailer is so on the nose it gives me secondhand embarrassment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The ability of something as simple as that pissing people off is incredibly delightful to me.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Vegetable posted:

They show Superman's red cape when the voiceover talks about waving a red cape at a bull, this butt rear end trailer is so on the nose it gives me secondhand embarrassment

But surely that line is a direct reference/sly joke about superman's cape. I think it's intentional.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
You think????

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

No *I know it is* - I'm just trying to show that to Vegetable

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Yes, the reference is very obvious. That's why my post said on the nose.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
What is it a "reference" to?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The ability of something as simple as that pissing people off is incredibly delightful to me.

It didnt seem like that poster was exhibiting anger, and your attempt to own him is somewhat lame to me.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I am also pissed the gently caress off at a dumb thing in a trailer for a dumb looking movie

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Zack Snyder is cool and good. So is the the charging bull/red cape line imo. Gonna enjoy the hell out of Zack Snyder's Justice League™ several times over probably. Thanks for reading!

:dance:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

What is it a "reference" to?

Exactly. The reference is to bull fighting, the statement is directly about Superman lol If they showed Steppenwolf blowing air out of his ringed nose then charging forward with his horns, we'd be talking.

cvnvcnv fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Feb 16, 2021

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

teagone posted:

Zack Snyder is cool and good. So is the the charging bull/red cape line imo. Gonna enjoy the hell out of Zack Snyder's Justice League™ several times over probably. Thanks for reading!

:dance:

This was funnier than the trailer so no thank you.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Holy poo poo, someone doesn't care for something and this gives you... pleasure?! You must be one twisted S.O.B.!

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Can someone tell a 38 year old boomer what the freaking society line is all about because I have no clue why people care at all.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

B-Rock452 posted:

Can someone tell a 38 year old boomer what the freaking society line is all about because I have no clue why people care at all.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/gamer-joker-gamers-rise-up-we-live-in-a-society

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

The internet was a mistake

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

B-Rock452 posted:

The internet was a mistake

Hey, what do you expected? We do live in a society.

I'll find my way out. Thanks thread I am truly awful!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Groovelord Neato posted:

This was funnier than the trailer so no thank you.

:cheersbird:

I will be enjoying Zack Justice Snyder League on Maxed Out HBO the day the motion picture goes live on the world wide web. Shame you won't be, but that's cool; I'll enjoy the moving pictures streamed to my 4K television doubly on your behalf.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Human Tornada posted:

Holy poo poo, someone doesn't care for something and this gives you... pleasure?! You must be one twisted S.O.B.!

that can't be when my boy is already

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Associating the line with Joker or gamers and not George is such an embarrassing nerd thing.

I'm the guy who liked Leto Joker and so am especially hot on his return, and am spared the cringe others seem to have from "society." He was such a great venn diagram of legit criminal and goofy loon who seemed so self-aware and confident in his being different that his appearance came off to me as a pointed attempt at being both a loving mockery of how in-fashion criminals are supposed to look and also making people as nonplused as possible, because they know in all certainty they should take him incredibly seriously but... look at him, listen to him.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

How is Jared Leto not cancelled

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

kiimo posted:

CIA money.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

kiimo posted:

I just saw people in Twitter defending Marilyn Manson and Woody Allen. The world s just rotten.

Also he is rich and white.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, I dont know who this is for other than Disney weirdos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yidICnbw1Rg

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Vintersorg posted:

i'm going to become Cruella

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Vintersorg posted:

ah what the hell, I'll watch 2 hours of Emma Stone being a camp-rear end Batman villain

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Vintersorg posted:

I was not expecting this to be a Todd Phillips Joker rip off. This looks like garbage.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Cross-Section posted:

ah what the hell, I'll watch 2 hours of Emma Stone being a camp-rear end Batman villain

Ha I thought the same thing.

It's just so unnecessary. The world doesn't care about a Cruella origins story. Kids love 101 Dalmatians because it's got tons of puppies and they love to watch puppies do puppy things.

The production values look fantastic and it looks like it could be fun, but I would have MUCH rather they put that effort towards an original story.

I'll still watch b/c my 6 year old is going to love this poo poo.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Vintersorg posted:

Disney weirdos are a big market, so I guess that's a smart move.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Fandom. That's who it's for.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Eagerly awaiting the Ratcliffe movie that’s just a reinterpretation of Aguirre, the Wraith of God

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

the trailer is very paint-by-the-numbers: superficially serious, with a villain meant to make the woman who skins dogs seem sympathetic by comparison

the aesthetic strikes me as very hot topic

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
To you they were just 101 of Dalmatians, but to me they were always 101 damnations - threatening to drag me to hell

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

Disney weirdos are a big market, so I guess that's a smart move.

There's a bunch of people who love Disney's villains. I have a friend who is crazy for Maleficent, even before the movie. She just loves stylish evil ladies that wear heavy make up and are smug as hell. Even Ursula has a huge fanbase. Hey, Once Upon A Time was actually a hit, and everyone loved the poo poo out of Regina.

And an Ursula movie wouldn't be a bad idea as long as they keep the Divine look. Do it cowards!! Cast a drag queen!

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

i would be here for a disney villain movie but making them into sympathetic antiheroes is a cop-out

give me camp, disney. i want emma stone to play a character with zero redeeming qualities and for her to chew through the scenery as she attempts to murder some puppies

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
This movie is about Cruella goes to a party and then a building burns later

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Snooze Cruise posted:

To you they were just 101 of Dalmatians, but to me they were always 101 damnations - threatening to drag me to hell

Cinema Discusso > The Trailer Thread Reboot: 101 Damnations

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

QuoProQuid posted:

i would be here for a disney villain movie but making them into sympathetic antiheroes is a cop-out

give me camp, disney. i want emma stone to play a character with zero redeeming qualities and for her to chew through the scenery as she attempts to murder some puppies

I mean that seems to be totally what this is. She doesn't appear sympathetic at all. She seems evil straight from the get-go.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

So the dress burning thing. Is she a literal witch, now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Desperado Bones posted:

And an Ursula movie wouldn't be a bad idea as long as they keep the Divine look. Do it cowards!! Cast a drag queen!

:lol: it's Disney. They already cast Melissa McCarthy in the live action Little Mermaid.