Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bitdalf the Coiner
Feb 16, 2021

by Pragmatica

xtal posted:

No way are you allowed that close to children
:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

xtal posted:

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

xtal posted:

bitcoin is a decentralized, automated hybrid Ponzi scheme.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Feb 16, 2021

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

xtal posted:

holy poo poo a good xtal post

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

xtal posted:

:drat:

I come for seeing people slowly relearn the last 600 years of economic history, but I stay for posts like this.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

xtal posted:

Did anyone comment on how Seraph started posting again right after that totally-not-Seraph guy got probated? I couldn't comment due to also being probated, for unrelated reasons.

sounds like probation supply is going up due to idiot coward rear end in a top hat moderators

I'm going to borrow against my Dogecoin and short probation futures

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Gonna pin my probation valuations on the Kenyan shilling.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Bitdalf the Coiner posted:

SA nocoiners every time Seraph84 enters the thread:

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1360736711790182402/pu/vid/460x344/-JApqw36FMCOSVui.mp4

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Goldmine haha

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

......you know Cloud wins in the end, right?

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Out of all the ridiculous self-owns Seraph does, his fanboyism of Sepiroth may be the funniest

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Shoulda been the Mario version.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

WA-HOO *frisbee goes on the roof*

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
The video doesn't even play for me thanks to uBlock, so that's about right.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
https://twitter.com/conner_omalley/status/1361746254913503233?s=09

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost
This used to be a powerful thread, with thousands of posts.

Now bitcoin (the stupid, automated ponzi scheme) breaks 50$ with nay a comment.

The laughchain suffers from a condition where it is difficult to get more laughs, because all the stupidity has been witnessed.

Any ideas why mastercard decided to touch the poop?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

vortmax posted:

......you know Cloud wins in the end, right?

Much like Seraph, sephiroth keeps coming back and losing again

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

xtal posted:

Much like Seraph, sephiroth keeps coming back and losing again

seraphiroth

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Has anyone said shitaph? Shitiroph?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Dawncloack posted:

This used to be a powerful thread, with thousands of posts.

Now bitcoin (the stupid, automated ponzi scheme) breaks 50$ with nay a comment.

The laughchain suffers from a condition where it is difficult to get more laughs, because all the stupidity has been witnessed.

Any ideas why mastercard decided to touch the poop?
Yeah, most of the easy laffs were mined earlier, now it's just the one guy with brain problems yelling at his imaginary construct of goons being jealous of him, rather than lol'ing at buttcoins.

Probably it was either being worn down by nagging or bitcoin appearing to provide a return compared to other assets lately, between both general capitalism, and the fact that you may have noticed people are cooped up lately.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
ah yes, capitalism will be utterly forever destroyed by this *checks notes* this thing here that capitalists have hijacked and now use as a vehicle to fleece idiots among many other vehicles they use to fleece idiots

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

mojo1701a posted:

:drat:

I come for seeing people slowly relearn the last 600 years of economic history pages of seraph post history, but I stay for posts like this.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Imagine gloating about making 8 figures on a Ponzi scheme then spending all your time seeking to "own" the people who accurately call it a Ponzi scheme on a dead gay internet forum.

Like lol dude just go gently caress off to pedo island already.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

eggyolk posted:

Imagine gloating about making 8 figures on a Ponzi scheme then spending all your time seeking to "own" the people who accurately call it a Ponzi scheme on a dead gay internet forum.

Like lol dude just go gently caress off to pedo island already.
I read an article of some kind about how even the very successful people nowadays are often miserable, stressed, and do not seem to get any enjoyment from their success-- not even the "I got the highest score! YEAH!" feeling often imputed to the yuppies of the 1980s etc.

Not even the rich are enjoying themselves.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Nessus posted:

Yeah, most of the easy laffs were mined earlier, now it's just the one guy with brain problems yelling at his imaginary construct of goons being jealous of him, rather than lol'ing at buttcoins.

Probably it was either being worn down by nagging or bitcoin appearing to provide a return compared to other assets lately, between both general capitalism, and the fact that you may have noticed people are cooped up lately.

It's really impressive. I've never seen someone with so fragile an ego yet claiming to be so impossibly rich, that they feel incredibly threatened by people who literally aren't even a threat. BitcoinPearl clutching.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

notwithoutmyanus posted:

It's really impressive. I've never seen someone with so fragile an ego yet claiming to be so impossibly rich, that they feel incredibly threatened by people who literally aren't even a threat. BitcoinPearl clutching.
There are a lot of people who have strong hangups rooted in the desire for positive regard from their father, or a father-surrogate. I don't know how achievable this is but it's not unachievable so people get hung up on it - often in deep rooted ways. You see this exaggerated sometimes in films or in shows, the super-wealthy who does not have the ability to move on, who ultimately just wants their father (perhaps now dead, and unable to do so) to say "You did good, kid. I love you."

Many people also enter in passionate relationships with a sort of composite image coming from a social media feed of whatever sort - even a forums post can have this happen. You can see this from people who yell about "the thread hive-mind," as opposed to "the general consensus of posters in this thread" - which you probably can discern, describe similar things, but the heat behind them is very different.

I believe in Seraph, the two factors combine. We are Seraph84's daddy.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
I know it's adverse circumstances with the virus and all, but if I had an eight-figure net worth I'd be kicking back at a lake somewhere & not trying to own people on the internet

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

just lmao if seraph actually thinks anybody reads his scrawling effortposts

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

honestly so far i read maybe the first sentence and then my eyes just glaze over

PunshMeForumDaddy
Feb 16, 2021

by Pragmatica

Nessus posted:

There are a lot of people who have strong hangups rooted in the desire for positive regard from their father, or a father-surrogate. I don't know how achievable this is but it's not unachievable so people get hung up on it - often in deep rooted ways. You see this exaggerated sometimes in films or in shows, the super-wealthy who does not have the ability to move on, who ultimately just wants their father (perhaps now dead, and unable to do so) to say "You did good, kid. I love you."

Many people also enter in passionate relationships with a sort of composite image coming from a social media feed of whatever sort - even a forums post can have this happen. You can see this from people who yell about "the thread hive-mind," as opposed to "the general consensus of posters in this thread" - which you probably can discern, describe similar things, but the heat behind them is very different.

Ohhh Step-admin! I made a vewy bad post!

I've been such a naughty poster all year.. and I need to be punished.

Ban me, step-admin! Please, ban me so hard! Ban me now!

P.S.

Here's a song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_bqk0uaXNo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I don’t know guys that sure seems like a Seraph re-reg

PunshMeForumDaddy
Feb 16, 2021

by Pragmatica

jokes posted:

I don’t know guys that sure seems like a Seraph re-reg

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

You misspelled your username.

Consider selling a small portion of your bitcoins. This would be the time, and even if hyperbitcoinization is imminent you will probably need American cash dollars for some time yet.

PunshMeForumDaddy
Feb 16, 2021

by Pragmatica
Anyway, here's this:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sarahhansen/2021/02/16/not-just-tesla-big-institutions-keep-piling-into-bitcoin-as-price-rockets-past-50000/

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

the ultimate flex of having "made it" on bitcoin by blowing all of your winnings trying to convince anonymous losers that your mom thinks youre cool

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

hbag posted:

the ultimate flex of having "made it" on bitcoin by blowing all of your winnings trying to convince anonymous losers that your mom thinks youre cool

i sincerely and unconditionally apologize for thinking you were seraph.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
i read todays bitcoin headlines and it's like playing cookie clicker

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

hey, seraph, how do you like your TEDx talk?

https://soundcloud.com/user-710437758/seraphs-ted-talk

bitcoin is a decentralized, automated hybrid Ponzi scheme.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I don’t know if Seraph keeps this thread alive or if it would be a different/better place without him

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

i'm honestly not sure if he contributes anything of real value. he sure does generate a lot of material to make fun of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Nessus posted:

Should have pulled out sooner.