Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I Have been watching the Frankenrig for a few iterations now its looking great . I'm holding onto and utilizing my buddys glass with ash catcher and its awesome. Engineeringftw

Another thing that was stressed to me basically immediately after getting a cart and battery was that its still stupid illegal where we are and to absolutely not get caught driving with one etc. We drove with them and such still but the awareness was there.
Stay safe goons gonna smoke me a fat bowl then a fat dab and play some videogames holyshit.

tax :

I didn't mean to snipe twice in a row hahah

Sjs00 fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Feb 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmychoo
Sep 30, 2008

bagmonkey posted:

Honestly, this has been my experience with pretty much every portable flower vape I've owned, from the Pax2 to the Arizer Air to the G Pen thing I got. I definitely get high, but it's not consistent, the flavor is mediocre and the experience overall just is nowhere near as satisfying as blazing a bowl. Yes, I'm starting at the lowest temp, I'm using a fine grind, I'm packing it tight BUT NOT TOO TIGHT, I'm letting it warm up properly, etc.

yeah, same to all points! i guess i was just way less of a stoner when i first got it and enjoyed it.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I want to smoke a little crumble but I don't have dab hardware.

What is quick and or dirty?

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
i think the pax is especially mediocre, though. i use an arizer or dynavap daily, but I dusted off my pax because I thought it would be a nice handwarmer right now. it’s whispy nothing poo poo.

CoolRanch
Apr 5, 2019

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Sandwich it in just about any vape like this:

Flower
Crumble
Flower

Don't go overboard and it's like an infused preroll.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

eddiewalker posted:

i think the pax is especially mediocre, though. i use an arizer or dynavap daily, but I dusted off my pax because I thought it would be a nice handwarmer right now. it’s whispy nothing poo poo.

I think the Pax is good for when you need something that's got a large bowl and you may not be in a position to switch batteries but could still stir the bowl. It's a complete tank too, I've abused the poo poo out of my Pax2 over the years. But yeah, vapor production is absolutely sub par and that's a big part of the problem for me. The G-Pen is alright, vapor production sucks but it's absolutely a good unit for home use where you can charge and gently caress around with it. Still looking for the right one but I really don't wanna spend more money on this poo poo

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

any kind of weed on top of flowers is always the way to go

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

bagmonkey posted:

I think the Pax is good for when you need something that's got a large bowl and you may not be in a position to switch batteries but could still stir the bowl. It's a complete tank too, I've abused the poo poo out of my Pax2 over the years. But yeah, vapor production is absolutely sub par and that's a big part of the problem for me. The G-Pen is alright, vapor production sucks but it's absolutely a good unit for home use where you can charge and gently caress around with it. Still looking for the right one but I really don't wanna spend more money on this poo poo

If you're really serious about getting the most vapor potency / production then you need either a Dynavap with a solid butane torch or a hard-hitting plugin like the E-Nano or Da Buddha - anything that runs off a battery will invariably have to make concessions in one way or another

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I was thinking of replacing my Da Buddha but it's so dang good and it's been going strong for years

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Aluminum foil works great for hash. Just put it on there and light it up underneath, use a mouth tooter to suck it in. That's what I often use after I fly somewhere since you bring the foil with you clean and then just trash it after you've used it enough.

Hey, you said 'quick and dirty'!! And no it's not poisonous although some people seem to think that. Stuff that is designed to be put on food at high temperatures is not gonna hurt you.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

I was thinking of replacing my Da Buddha but it's so dang good and it's been going strong for years

Extremely pro tip from a DBV owner: if you're considering replacing it as your herbal vape, convert it into an e-nail using one of their kits. It becomes such a convenient little self-contained dab rig that it makes getting uselessly faded almost too quick and easy. Get an adapter that lets you hook the whip to a bong / bubbler and it's pretty much the end of the line for your productivity in life.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

DoombatINC posted:

Extremely pro tip from a DBV owner: if you're considering replacing it as your herbal vape, convert it into an e-nail using one of their kits. It becomes such a convenient little self-contained dab rig that it makes getting uselessly faded almost too quick and easy. Get an adapter that lets you hook the whip to a bong / bubbler and it's pretty much the end of the line for your productivity in life.

gently caress, now I have to figure out what an e-nail is

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

gently caress, now I have to figure out what an e-nail is

https://www.elev8glassgallery.com/dab-dish-essential-oil-kit-eok-for-the-da-buddha-vaporizer-dbv/

A quartz banger that fits over the ceramic heater, letting you dab directly from the DBV

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Play posted:

Hey, you said 'quick and dirty'!!

Thanks!

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
Good vibes to you this evening, weed thread. May your bowls be full and your lighters never run dry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OoPePl7iYM

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Seems like after vaping for a few months, weed no longer makes me ravenously hungry. Also (I timed it) I feel really anxious for about 15-20 minutes after I vape for the first time in the day, but, I noticed one of the strains I have doesn't have that effect at all, African queen by flow kana so I suppose that's my favourite strain now.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

DoombatINC posted:

https://www.elev8glassgallery.com/dab-dish-essential-oil-kit-eok-for-the-da-buddha-vaporizer-dbv/

A quartz banger that fits over the ceramic heater, letting you dab directly from the DBV

That's rad. Is it smellier than vaping herb?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

That's rad. Is it smellier than vaping herb?

You get more of a stink going all at once from dabbing, but it tends to fade quicker than a full herbal vape session - it's pretty comparable regardless, and still miles away from the funk of smoking

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
If you dont heat any flower there's a lot less lingering

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Temps seem to be pretty important as well for vaping both oil and flower in terms of smell. Both will smell right away but it tends to be "fresher" and dissipate faster at lower temperatures. If you really roast your dab or your bowl you'll get that extra layer of funk that lingers more.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Is there a standard method for vaping flower? I try to smoke thc-v stuff so I put my fury edge to max (430) to get the thc-v out. Should I start lower then crank it up later? What is the recommended minimum temp for vaping?

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Anyone ever heard of delta 8 thc? I guess headshops can carry it with federal legality. Wife brought some home and they get you high.

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

I need all the deltas, not less.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

LuckyCat posted:

Anyone ever heard of delta 8 thc? I guess headshops can carry it with federal legality. Wife brought some home and they get you high.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3957557

Short version: they're probably just spraying chemicals on inert plant life, so lot of the same production issues as around any synthetic.

redreader posted:

Is there a standard method for vaping flower? I try to smoke thc-v stuff so I put my fury edge to max (430) to get the thc-v out. Should I start lower then crank it up later? What is the recommended minimum temp for vaping?

You're fine if you want that THC-V. If you believe the blogs, though, then you're not getting the full effect of the myrcene, etc. I tend to vape once at about 334, then again at about 370-390, depending on what I'm looking for. Vaping at higher temperatures just knocks me out, which is an effect I don't generally get when I smoke (though I almost only ever smoke blunts anymore, and rarely, so the nicotine may be a factor).

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/how-to-customize-a-cannabis-high-with-temperature

Strong potential for woo here, but I can consistently pull at least two "highs" out of a vape bowl at different temperatures, so it's worth it to me just for the cost-effectiveness.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I could presumably combine a dose of terpene/CBD with a strain-nonspecific gummy to get effects similar to a given strain with those terpenes, right? Plus the effects of CBD, of course. Phytodabs sells high-terp CBD tinctures with individual terpenes or multiple terpenes as found in various popular strains. I'm thinking that + a regular mutt hybrid gummy should be close to, say, a Blue Dream edible.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
How do you know if your weed sucks?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

YeahTubaMike posted:

Smoke it.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

I feel like my tolerance is too low to know for sure. Also, I'm mostly concerned because my butter looks paler than usual.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAhqG2k4tsM

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

YeahTubaMike posted:

Smell it and look at it, mostly. High quality weed smells very, very different from shwaggy dirtweed. It also has a lot more visible crystals outside and inside and should have a pleasing nuggetty shape.

Did you get it on the black market?

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zkCK5TKCcg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ocZo9neF3E

Halloween Liker fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 16, 2021

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Play posted:

Smell it and look at it, mostly. High quality weed smells very, very different from shwaggy dirtweed. It also has a lot more visible crystals outside and inside and should have a pleasing nuggetty shape.

Did you get it on the black market?

I got it from the same guy I always get it from. He knows I'm casual, so I guess it's possible that he tried to play me. I've been a customer for years though, so that would be pretty hosed up. :smith:

There was a difference though, now that I think about it -- usually when I buy it, it comes in these normal little clear baggies, but this time they came in labeled, sealed baggies. Like, it almost looked like a candy wrapper, but bigger.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
if its flower you can tell by looking at it, feeling (by breaking it apart), and smelling it.
people already mention what to look for there. the packaging it comes in means nothing.

if its flower or anything else (like concentrate) you can also tell by smoking it then see how you feel.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

YeahTubaMike posted:

I got it from the same guy I always get it from. He knows I'm casual, so I guess it's possible that he tried to play me. I've been a customer for years though, so that would be pretty hosed up. :smith:

There was a difference though, now that I think about it -- usually when I buy it, it comes in these normal little clear baggies, but this time they came in labeled, sealed baggies. Like, it almost looked like a candy wrapper, but bigger.

If you think it's poo poo, call it out. Just be respectful and most people, especially people you've known for years, will just apologize and hook you up. My old dude (I really need to tell his story some time) sold me some real crappy bud once and when I called him out, he apologized and promised to make it right next time he dropped by. Ended up getting like an ounce and a half for less than the price of an ounce, a giant variety of strains and it was all amazing. Good hook ups will make that right.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
We're half way through the week, enjoy this Bone Thugs mix about weed that someone linked here 200 years ago that I've kept near and dear to my heart for years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0Y9wVrMf-M

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

The Modern Leper posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3957557

Short version: they're probably just spraying chemicals on inert plant life, so lot of the same production issues as around any synthetic.

You're fine if you want that THC-V. If you believe the blogs, though, then you're not getting the full effect of the myrcene, etc. I tend to vape once at about 334, then again at about 370-390, depending on what I'm looking for. Vaping at higher temperatures just knocks me out, which is an effect I don't generally get when I smoke (though I almost only ever smoke blunts anymore, and rarely, so the nicotine may be a factor).

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/how-to-customize-a-cannabis-high-with-temperature

Strong potential for woo here, but I can consistently pull at least two "highs" out of a vape bowl at different temperatures, so it's worth it to me just for the cost-effectiveness.

Thanks for that link! I'll read it again before I smoke next time and see if I can get two highs as you said. Looks like I can smoke my non-thcv stuff at a much lower temperature.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QX57aIDbDU

I plan on getting high as gently caress and suckin on some chili dogs (we call em coneys here)

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Also, I just found these. MKX in MI makes them, "Xpicks". Cannabis infused toothpicks. I'm probably going to get some because why the gently caress not

https://www.mkxoilco.com/xpicks

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

bagmonkey posted:

Also, I just found these. MKX in MI makes them, "Xpicks". Cannabis infused toothpicks. I'm probably going to get some because why the gently caress not

https://www.mkxoilco.com/xpicks
"Type: Normal" :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Friendship ended with Durban Poison. Now Flow Kana's African Queen is my best friend. (with durban poison I get anxiety for 15 minutes after smoking).

edit: also vaped some DP yesterday at a lower temperature, like 370. No anxiety. Later on I smoked it again at 430, Anxiety time.

redreader fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Feb 20, 2021