Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

pmchem posted:

how'd you arrive at that? the current market cap of CCIV is $13b according to TOS, but, we don't know what % of Lucid that CCIV is getting, do we?

They just pay the cash per share to buy a portion of Lucid. Says the deal values Lucid at $12 billion, CCIV has about 200 million shares with $10 cash a share, so CCIV owners are getting about 1/6. So I guess the market cap of CCIV says that management cut a deal where they’re getting an 80% discount on Lucid? So once Lucid’s public, market cap should trade up to $60 billion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Deviant posted:

my $1000 of CCIV is currently $2500, i'm wondering if i should walk, or if there's potential beyond the current $50/share

Maybe but I would just walk my man..

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Deviant posted:

my $1000 of CCIV is currently $2500, i'm wondering if i should walk, or if there's potential beyond the current $50/share

if you're worried about it, sell half and let the rest ride

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

How many Polacks does it take to captain a pirate ship? One.

Shammypants posted:

Yes, take those profits and run. There are so many good bets right now you could reinvest that in too.

Sold 8 of my 18 contracts for $20k. Gonna let the rest ride on a hope for merge announcement this week. Worst case I made almost $12k

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

thats not candy posted:

if you're worried about it, sell half and let the rest ride

good call. If nothing else i have my initial money back.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Picked up another G of good friend cortexyme, available today on deep discount

Seems like an overreaction? That is quite a drop

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

you can't go broke by taking profit. that doesn't mean sell everything, but you should pay yourself something if the stock you're holding goes up 25% in a day on what is ultimately just a rumor

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

My favorite small cap biotech Cidara (CDTX) just jumped today on no news. Pump and dump? Insider trading? They do ha e an antifungal in phase 3, but maybe someone noticed their cool 'cloudbreak' antiviral preventative platform in the pipeline?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Lol I'm green on APHA.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

They just pay the cash per share to buy a portion of Lucid. Says the deal values Lucid at $12 billion, CCIV has about 200 million shares with $10 cash a share, so CCIV owners are getting about 1/6. So I guess the market cap of CCIV says that management cut a deal where they’re getting an 80% discount on Lucid? So once Lucid’s public, market cap should trade up to $60 billion.

given that example, if Lucid is truly valued at $12b, why do I want to buy CCIV at this price? Post-merger the Lucid market cap would be $60b, suggesting that the company is wildly overvalued and its post-merger stock should fall in price.

edit: also, your example makes it so that the value of lucid either pre- or post- merger is completely divorced from the price of CCIV. CCIV $1000000!!!

pmchem fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Feb 16, 2021

orange sky
May 7, 2007

FOMO

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
CRSR is undergoing a bloodbath. Near $44 to less than $40. :ohdear:

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Scarodactyl posted:

My favorite small cap biotech Cidara (CDTX) just jumped today on no news. Pump and dump? Insider trading? They do ha e an antifungal in phase 3, but maybe someone noticed their cool 'cloudbreak' antiviral preventative platform in the pipeline?
probably someone frontrunning their presentations they're giving this week. maybe they know something, maybe they're gambling. maybe someone's pumping it on rumors. who knows

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

pmchem posted:

given that example, if Lucid is truly valued at $12b, why do I want to buy CCIV at this price? Post-merger the Lucid market cap would be $60b, suggesting that the company is wildly overvalued and its post-merger stock should fall in price.

edit: also, your example makes it so that the value of lucid either pre- or post- merger is completely divorced from the price of CCIV. CCIV $1000000!!!

because tesla. irrational exuberance. fomo. whatever

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

The gently caress happened to FUSE to shoot up? Wow

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme

pmchem posted:

Or is TSW just working backwards from the current market cap?

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

pmchem posted:

What I didn’t realize is that the deal is conditional on a $1 billion to 1.5 billion PIPE offering so current holders are getting less than 1/6 though you can’t really know how much without knowing what the PIPE is offered at.

The deal values Lucid at $12 billion per the Reuters article. You buy now because you think CCIV is robbing Lucid blind and post merger when it trades publicly it’ll go up past $60 billion market cap.

e: also my point is that CCIV trading at $55/share is ridiculous

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Jalumibnkrayal posted:

Or is TSW just working backwards from the current market cap?

which, I'm pointing out, is the problem with CCIV.

Let's say Lucid's fair market cap if it was a public company is $13b. Let's say CCIV holders are only getting 50% of the equity in Lucid. Given CCIV's current price (which places its own market cap at near $13b), the market cap of Lucid would need to be $26b in order for justify CCIV's price for a 50% equity deal. In other words, CCIV would be double its fair price right now!

The fair price for CCIV entirely depends on value of the target, and what % of the target CCIV shareholders are getting. NOBODY here seems to know what % of Lucid that CCIV shareholders would get. Correct? Or am I missing something about SPACs here?

It just seems, as others have posted, entirely FOMO driven

edit: just saw TSW's post above, looks like he and I generally agree CCIV's price is dumb if you think Lucid is worth under $20b

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Time for more NDRA :elmofire:

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

The deal values Lucid at $12 billion per the Reuters article. You buy now because you think CCIV is robbing Lucid blind and post merger when it trades publicly it’ll go up past $60 billion market cap.

Well you might also buy because the commonly accepted wisdom is that SPACs pop when DA happens, no matter how telegraphed and "priced in" the target is. I'm not saying it makes sense when the pre-DA price is loving $50 but it is what it is.

quote:

e: also my point is that CCIV trading at $55/share is ridiculous

Don't let the market's stupidity get in the way of making money.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Senf posted:

Time for more NDRA :elmofire:

Its what I'm currently throwing spare cash into, what with it being this cheap

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

I mean yeah that’s fine but it doesn’t make it any less absurd.

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker
Made about :20bux:x2 selling half of my NDRA at the peak today, and buying back in when it dropped. :thumbsup:

This got me wondering: If I had 100 shares, sold 50, then bought another 50, would I be at risk of a Good Faith Violation if I sold another 50? Are the brokerages smart enough to know that the shares I'm selling were the old ones which are settled?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Shammypants posted:

I have made a lot of money in this stupid CCIV week. A lot.

:same:

I finally sold off my entire CCIV position because it was too much profit to gamble with. I bought a few 3/19 55C in case they officially release the DA tonight or tomorrow. I figure a couple days of waiting will cool it off back to the mid/low 40s, and I'll grab some 3/19 45C if it plays out like that.

The most likely DA release is premarket next Monday.

FistEnergy fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Feb 16, 2021

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

punk rebel ecks posted:

CRSR is undergoing a bloodbath. Near $44 to less than $40. :ohdear:

Weird though. They apparently purchased another company focused on streaming

Owlspiracy
Nov 4, 2020

i hope people bought dnn lol

Divot
Dec 23, 2013
Do y'all have a price target for NDRA?

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

a Loving Dog posted:

i sold half of mine near that 53 peak to make back my initial investment, pure profit from here on out

Hello, can't-lose cousin!

Made the same move, sold half my shares with a sell limit $1 above where it was wobbling, that it worked told me I could've made more but there's nothing wrong with getting my principal back and still having room to grow.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Divot posted:

The only estimates I've seen are 3.5 - 6.

https://money.cnn.com/quote/forecast/forecast.html?symb=NDRA

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Divot posted:

Whatever happens in the positive scenario, say it goes up a lot, I am selling at 5-5.25.

Baddog
May 12, 2001
I think the chance of CCIV dropping (considerably) as soon as the details of the deal are revealed are much higher than it skyrocketing any more.

In any case, their target hasn't even produced a car yet. And even with the model S engineer making what looks to be something realllly similar to the model S, and the company in general aping the poo poo out of tesla, they are a long ways from proving they can follow in tesla's footsteps. Talk of 80BB valuations seems wild.

Lot of irrational exuberance around here!

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Aruan posted:

i hope people bought dnn lol

idk if it got mentioned much in here even but yeah, bought in last thursday or friday, hoping it memes pretty high

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Baddog posted:

I think the chance of CCIV dropping (considerably) as soon as the details of the deal are revealed are much higher than it skyrocketing any more.

In any case, their target hasn't even produced a car yet. And even with the model S engineer making what looks to be something realllly similar to the model S, and the company in general aping the poo poo out of tesla, they are a long ways from proving they can follow in tesla's footsteps. Talk of 80BB valuations seems wild.

Lot of irrational exuberance around here!

:hmmyes:

I definitely wouldn't buy in at this point. The news is definitely mostly built into the price at $50. There will probably be a good short-term pop if they land the DA but at that point you'll be fighting the crowd to take profits.

What's more likely, a $50 SPAC going to $100? Or an $11 SPAC going to $22 (with $10 NAV protection)?

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

pseudorandom posted:

Made about :20bux:x2 selling half of my NDRA at the peak today, and buying back in when it dropped. :thumbsup:

This got me wondering: If I had 100 shares, sold 50, then bought another 50, would I be at risk of a Good Faith Violation if I sold another 50? Are the brokerages smart enough to know that the shares I'm selling were the old ones which are settled?

Generally brokers use a first in first out policy unless you mess with it. This should be something you can check if you look at your buy/sells and lot information.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Darth TNT posted:

Weird though. They apparently purchased another company focused on streaming

It was for an "undisclosed" amount.

Plus maybe people think that streaming will decline as COVID winds down?

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

paternity suitor posted:

I definitely like cruises right now, they seem to still have about 100% upside from their current levels

Feeling good about this popping 10% today, gently caress all y'all haters

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
AGTC Is really killing it for me I love it

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

bows1 posted:

AGTC Is really killing it for me I love it

Was down 400 in profit and then after hours hit, now I'm up nearly 3000

ALSO: last week was loving insane. It was like pump and dump central. I'll never see another time like that I don't think, literally made 10-15000 a DAY

edit: just to brag a bit because I have to - went from 15k invested to 80k in bitcoin, got the gently caress out, threw 15K in stocks, turned that into 55-57k

I literally went from 8k total last year to having about 150k. Shits life changing. This market is DUMB

Slumpy fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Feb 17, 2021

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Are you guys selling CCs doing 45 DTE, .15-.30 delta, and closing them out at like 50% profit or something

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Feb 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yomofo717
Nov 1, 2020
Just started 2 weeks ago with a 1k deposit. I just watching people on youtube and see what they recommend. I understand that it's gambling, but I think if you do your research, you can swing the odds in your favor. It also has me a lot more optimistic about the future. I never understood how people got rich enough to retire just by putting away part of their paycheck. Investing your savings makes a lot more sense to me now.

Yes I know my returns aren't sustainable.