Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Completely fabricated and not even believable for a second.

Perfect for their audience. Run it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

The reason why Texas is even in this mess is because they're on their own power grid, separate from the rest of the country, just so they can skirt federal regulations.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Every time I see someone whine about Aunt Jemima no longer being Aunt Jemima, I get hungry for pancakes.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Nooooo that's how Big Pancake wins :(

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

there wolf posted:

Nerds vs. jocks is just toxic masculinity feuding with itself, to the detriment of everyone and everything else.

A/B/O is showing up in published romances now, so you're welcome world.
I will never not find it funny that the lawsuit about this was the Times's first use of A/B/O, but NOT their first use of "mpreg". (I follow a Twitterbot that prints the Time's first use of words when they appear.)

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

I'd love a big pancake, like Uncle Buck size.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit

https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/status/1361700969545932810

Congratulations to Texas lawmakers for failing their first test in independence.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

What if I only buy mom and pop pancake?

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

Seems like someone with no ethics at all could just design a bunch of racist packaging for various products, buy regular stuff, put it in the new packaging and sell it for 400% markup and make bank.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Apprentice Dick posted:

What if I only buy mom and pop pancake?

I like blueberry myself, but it takes all sorts I guess.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

letthereberock posted:

Seems like someone with no ethics at all could just design a bunch of racist packaging for various products, buy regular stuff, put it in the new packaging and sell it for 400% markup and make bank.

Infowars FROGTECH male vitality supplement.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

letthereberock posted:

You don't have to design it, just comb the packaging from the 20s-30s or so and and then use that. Then you grab the retro crowd too.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Volcott posted:

Infowars FROGTECH male vitality supplement.

It's just syrup and cod liver oil in capsules but at $99/bottle it's a steal

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/status/1361700969545932810

Congratulations to Texas lawmakers for failing their first test in independence.

It doesn't seem to be the case in the texas power problems, but it is important to know the effect of thousands of small generators (solar and wind), on the stability of the grid.
In the 2006 european blackout, one of the problems leading to such widespread loss of power, was that the european grid was not designed to cope with the not so constant power flow from wind generation.
There's a (for geeks) hugely interesting report over here: https://eepublicdownloads.entsoe.eu/clean-documents/pre2015/publications/ce/otherreports/Final-Report-20070130.pdf

So if you have large amounts of wind power, you have to radically update the grid, and make sure synchronisation systems are in place to avoid runaway conditions like in Europe 2006.
I wonder if by now, they have done such things over here. So far the grid has coped well with stupid stuff like some balkan country saying 'NYEH! i'm not giving you electricity' causing mains powered clocks to run behind across the whole of the continent.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/mtwidns/status/1359318929781518338

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wait isn’t it just the comic? Like this whole concept was a mini series like two years ago

I don't know what idiot called it WandaVision and not Full House of M. :colbert:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/michaelidov/status/1361753768753127425?s=21

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

...what happened in 1975?

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Lumbermouth posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty3oclCA-uM

also, Jaws was released

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lumbermouth posted:

If it's the same guy I think it is, literally finds every movie that came out before Jaws incomprehensible.

Like if he'd said Citizen Kane was boring, he'd be wrong, but that's an understandable opinion, but he compared it to hieroglyphics when it's not a complicated film at all.

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

I love Citizen Kane, but I can comprehend that someone wouldn’t. But nothing before 1975?

Not even The Godfather?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

letthereberock posted:

I love Citizen Kane, but I can comprehend that someone wouldn’t. But nothing before 1975?

Not even The Godfather?

Or 2001

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

letthereberock posted:

Not even The Godfather?

Again, assuming it's the same guy, he came up in CineD a few years ago, he had a lengthy essay about how he doesn't think anything that predates Jaws even really counts as a movie. A movie from 1967 is more divorced from modern cinematic language than like the original text of Beowulf is from modern English literature.

It's absolutely bonkers and requires a huge amount of willful ignorance to even begin to make sense. But again, Citizen Kane is not a complicated film and he compared it to viewing pictographs that predate the birth of Jesus.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

letthereberock posted:

Not even The Godfather?

I dated someone that wouldn't watch anything from before she was born, 1993

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Skwirl posted:

Again, assuming it's the same guy, he came up in CineD a few years ago, he had a lengthy essay about how he doesn't think anything that predates Jaws even really counts as a movie. A movie from 1967 is more divorced from modern cinematic language than like the original text of Beowulf is from modern English literature.

It's absolutely bonkers and requires a huge amount of willful ignorance to even begin to make sense. But again, Citizen Kane is not a complicated film and he compared it to viewing pictographs that predate the birth of Jesus.

I suppose one of the big things you could point to is how older movies tended towards an acting style that was more theatrical as opposed to a naturalistic one, but I'm still not sure I'd put Jaws as the dividing line and certainly The Godfather would make the cut in any event.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

christmas boots posted:

I suppose one of the big things you could point to is how older movies tended towards an acting style that was more theatrical as opposed to a naturalistic one, but I'm still not sure I'd put Jaws as the dividing line and certainly The Godfather would make the cut in any event.

It's because Jaws was the first real blockbuster. He didn't specify, but I suspect he thinks the vast majority of films made after 1975 aren't real movies either, basically, it was just Jaws and Star Wars until the mid 80s and you start getting your Ghostbusters and Indiana Jones.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
There's definitely a sort of shift there where Star Wars 1977 still feels "modern" while Citizen Kane doesn't, but to act like there's a hard cutoff is a whole different thing

"I enjoy the early works of Fellini, especially I Vitell-"

"Ahahaha get a load of this buffoon. Have they even seen Rocky III?"

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 23:53 on Feb 16, 2021

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Skwirl posted:

It's because Jaws was the first real blockbuster. He didn't specify, but I suspect he thinks the vast majority of films made after 1975 aren't real movies either, basically, it was just Jaws and Star Wars until the mid 80s and you start getting your Ghostbusters and Indiana Jones.

Yeah, it's either gotta be that or because it was the movie that put Spielberg on the map. But I think you're probably closer.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/mike10010100/status/1361814507727765504?s=21

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Apparently they pronounce it "coloRAYdo"

lmao

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Kinda looking forward to one of those "How it started / How it's going" posts with that on the left, and a report of his death either due to the weather or the towns people tearing him limb from limb for that bullshit.

e: https://twitter.com/TheWordofDon/status/1361815201864060929?s=20

his wife lost her job due to defending him. I'm sure that is no loss to whoever hired her.

EL BROMANCE has a new favorite as of 00:36 on Feb 17, 2021

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think you literally pay the power company for electricity so if they aren't giving you any then yeah, they literally do owe you.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
This it the end state of people who grew up with decades of increasingly insane Fox News and bootstraps and racism grow up to be elected true believers.

Turns out even the people who elected him seem to actually enjoy basic public services weird

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'm losing my mind, these idiots have decided that "out of context" now is just a magic incantation that means "olly olly oxen free"

These words I typed in an unprovoked standalone poast are "taken out of context" actually

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

What exactly does he think he was elected to do?

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.

Christ what a douche. "Returned to wrestling websites"? Getting back into AEW and hanging with the chilliest goons in the wrestling thread have been one of the only up points of the pandemic.

For that matter even AEW Twitter is pretty ok (for the most part).

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

ultrafilter posted:

Keep out the undesirables.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

ultrafilter posted:

Political hatecrimes against anything left of Reagan.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Political hatecrimes against anything left of Reagan.

But they hate Obama and Biden too so that can't be it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

EL BROMANCE posted:

Kinda looking forward to one of those "How it started / How it's going" posts with that on the left, and a report of his death either due to the weather or the towns people tearing him limb from limb for that bullshit.

e: https://twitter.com/TheWordofDon/status/1361815201864060929?s=20

his wife lost her job due to defending him. I'm sure that is no loss to whoever hired her.

It would be good if that guy froze to death, imo