Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Ice Fist posted:

Fuel is at a premium. They nerfed fuel spawns across the whole game. Go check out what a metal fuel can costs on the flea, it's like 5-6 times what it is from Jaeger. With how expensive bitcoins are right now (over 650k as of this morning), there is a ridiculously high demand for fuel and a very low supply.

Basically, you're not going to get fuel from Jaeger unless you're sitting there when his stock turns over. He'll sell out in less than a minute.

Yea I've had to buy fuel on the flea market because I have no time to play these days (just enough to log in, sell my bitcoin of the day and buy fuel).

So I'm right in that vendors have a global supply limit. I guess I've just been lucky in being able to buy fuel from him on his stock resets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Is it economical to buy the mats off the flea market and make fuel in your toilet?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Bucnasti posted:

Is it economical to buy the mats off the flea market and make fuel in your toilet?

It's cheaper than buying it outright (I think) but it's still spendy. The best thing is to just buy from Jaeger and/or do the blue fuel barter with Therapist.

You're limited to 1 each per restock and you have to catch them before they sell out, but an L3 generator can have like 4+ days worth of fuel in it and I feel like people are really overstating how hard it is to catch the restocks given you have days to do it a few times over the course of multiple days once you have your baseload.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Feb 15, 2021

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
L3 Gen + Solar will put you just shy of 2 weeks of fuel if you fill it with metal cans

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Kind of, "real time" for fuel ticks a little faster in game than it should

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

It happened folx, case paid for itself and more in a week.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
Is there a better resource for maps than the official wiki? Lots of the maps there are outdated or just plain lack stuff.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Trump posted:

Is there a better resource for maps than the official wiki? Lots of the maps there are outdated or just plain lack stuff.

The OP has maps for all but reserve

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God

Trump posted:

I have Tarkov Tools bookmarked https://tarkov-tools.com/ for looking at maps and ballistics and whatnot.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

It happened folx, case paid for itself and more in a week.

I was going to make a comment about how you can guarantee its eventual profitability by just doing the low rouble options repeatedly (which is true), but that even though moonshine/intel often feels largely breakeven or slightly negative EV I still like the option to gamble for quest items/random gear

but my scav box just came in and (though it's not quite as good a pull) lol:

(the intel used was from a previous moonshine-based run - intel is definitely the highest risk/reward option, since the items it favors tend to be either nearly worthless or worth mega-roubles)

LGD fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Feb 15, 2021

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

ultra medical is such a good key, i just got a ledx there. They feel so much less special now that they're less than G cards... my first ledx because i'm a bad player

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
I just found a Tetriz on Woods. Then procedeed to get slaughtered by an AI scav I engaged myself.

Doesn't matter, the Tetriz was safely in my butt. :20bux:

Lucca Blight
Jun 2, 2009
Set a timer, alarm goes off, watch Jaeger rolls over, then click on him. no fuel tanks in stock. Check the flea market and it says restock in 1 HR 24m. I'm so confused

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Lucca Blight posted:

Set a timer, alarm goes off, watch Jaeger rolls over, then click on him. no fuel tanks in stock. Check the flea market and it says restock in 1 HR 24m. I'm so confused

the roll over happens 30-45 seconds before the timer rollover.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

while the price of propane has shot up significantly, the 2x propane + fuel conditioner trade at Prapor will still be much better than direct flea prices (especially if you buy low), and isn’t as crazy timing wise as Jaeger is

I need to stop stocking up every time though, I’m currently sitting on a multi-week supply (almost entirely from Jaeger)

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

can you believe it costs 4 pineapple juices for the blue fuel now? the price of gas these days. just feels like such a hokey bandaid solution, given that just yesterday it was 3 or something, raised earlier this week from 2.

Lucca Blight
Jun 2, 2009

Toalpaz posted:

That explains my frustration the past two days I've attempted to try.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Toalpaz posted:

can you believe it costs 4 pineapple juices for the blue fuel now? the price of gas these days. just feels like such a hokey bandaid solution, given that just yesterday it was 3 or something, raised earlier this week from 2.

loving seriously? This is their fix?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

You must be new here.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Inspector_666 posted:

Hastily made, hastily maintained.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
It's almost like they're trying to simulate a fuel shortage in a closed ad-hoc barter economy

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Free yourself from the bitcoins comrades. Instead of whining about fuel you can shoot people and take their stuff!

Lucca Blight
Jun 2, 2009
This graphics card isn't going to craft itself

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Pineapple prices are at an all time high.

SELL, SELL, SELL!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the virgin bitcoin rusher continues to be owned while the chad "just loot stuff" guy thrives into the future

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

If you are buying grey fuel for 700k, with a level 1 10 slot bitcoin farm you are still making 180k a day from bitcoins lol. They're so dumb. But you can fairly easily get the barters.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I can't even login to get my bitcoins cuz thanks to ice storms I haven't had power since Saturday morning so I'm literally just burning valuable fuel for no benefit.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Great Beer posted:

You must be new here.

I mean I don't expect a good solution, but upping the blue fuel trade by 1 pineapple every week is a stunningly hilarious way to go about this.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Inspector_666 posted:

I mean I don't expect a good solution, but upping the blue fuel trade by 1 pineapple every week is a stunningly hilarious way to go about this.

They are slowly building towards having an entire lunch meal for 4 people required as a trade to get fuel.

Jagger will be happy.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Toalpaz posted:

I usually get it a minute or so after the timer rolls.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

if you are this guy.... get hosed!!

at least we traded, but some freken nobody is going to get the money case I opened

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

I see part of a rail, two white dots, and a poo poo ton of black. Good job?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

ChesterJT posted:

I see part of a rail, two white dots, and a poo poo ton of black. Good job?

It's the reserve tunnel powered doors extract, pensive and he's exit camping.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Inspector_666 posted:

They work their butts off they work so hard these developers

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

normally what is the frequency of clear/windy vs fog/rain ?

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

There's a spectrum of haziness to the degree that it's actually unusual to have a perfectly clear day for sniping- even looking across from big red to Tarkov truck is usually fairly obscured

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

WTF

https://clips.twitch.tv/AbstemiousAbstemiousPuppyKeyboardCat-wy8rIv9LmaxEH8Li

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin

There's a reason he's arguably the world's best solo Tarkov player.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Is there even any reason to spend up to 200k on an M4 or HK when the Vector exists? I started running one to see if the hype is real, and IT IS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of RBG
Sep 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I found one on a dead guy with 5 of those glock drum mags and used it on my firing range in the hideout, the Vector has essentially no recoil and an unreal ROF.