Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

harperdc posted:

god loving dammit, Freddie's, why can't you be good anymore.

oh yeah I went to that with a friend for a midnight show, the place erupted when Sam Jackson Said The Line.

yeah this is beyond "lol can't drive in snow," this is Bad.

It's a humanitarian crisis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Samadhi posted:

...why? I have no context for this

They will claim it's for safety, don't want anyone getting sick, but the real reason is they're evil pricks. Even though none of the people digging through the trash outside Fred Myer are gonna do that instead of buying food, the idea of people getting their product for free is considered abhorrent to them.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

D-LINK posted:

Man, frozen/burst pipes is some real bad times. Lowe's and Depot scrambling to get pipe tape shipped to Texas

https://twitter.com/ThomasBlackGG/status/1361477444746813440?s=20

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Welp, got rejected from the insurance job. They actually sent the automated email late last night (After midnight), which is laughable on several levels and at this point I'm well versed in the timing of such things. I can't say I'm too surprised. When I actually went into the interview, a lot of turned into "Oh, we said we wanted this sort of work experience, but really what we're looking for is this more specific kind" and "Well, we just said looking for people with at least a bachelors, but really, we want people with this degree" which I knew I didn't quite match, but also, why the gently caress wouldn't you put that kinda crap in the drat job posting in the first place? In spite of all that crap, the conversation had gone well, but whatever, I was liking the actual job less and less and the biggest selling point was just the pay.

Man, gently caress that store.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

No one is built for icicles hanging from their indoor ceiling fan. It would suck anywhere, Mr Texas

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

D-LINK posted:

No one is built for icicles hanging from their indoor ceiling fan. It would suck anywhere, Mr Texas

I was saying something to that effect to my wife earlier today.

The idea of losing power during single digits temps is a nightmare, and burst pipes are a whole other level.

Stay safe, TX goons :smith:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

ozymandius1024 posted:

I was saying something to that effect to my wife earlier today.

The idea of losing power during single digits temps is a nightmare, and burst pipes are a whole other level.

Stay safe, TX goons :smith:

otoh lol if that's what Texans think it's like up north tho

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

D-LINK posted:

otoh lol if that's what Texans think it's like up north tho

Texas houses and infrastructure aren’t constructed with the same materials as places north of the Mason Dixon line.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Are you high my dude

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

D-LINK posted:

Are you high my dude

Don’t houses have less insulation and poo poo because it doesn’t get freezing?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

CeramicPig posted:

Can you draw hands?
No.
Cool, I’m gonna get 4!

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

No, you're right of course. I was just saying that it would be funny to me if southerners think icicles in your apartment is normal for northerners

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

"WHY DONT YOU START YOUR OWN POWER COMPANY, LIBS :smug:"

You just KNOW this guy is a soft country club rear end in a top hat who drives a DODGE RAM 6900 DUALLY BIG SCHLONG EDITION and wheezes going up stairs.

gently caress these people.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Cool and also HOLY poo poo

https://twitter.com/ThePlanetaryGuy/status/1361774731075158016

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Wife just decided she wanted to keep watching LoTR, so about 30min into two towers now.

"Wait, it really is just him and the little fat one? They're so boned."

When Aragon yells at the riders and they get surrounded: "man, these assholes are all racist as gently caress."

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

just move the mountain to texas

bing bong so simple

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is it really that much less insulation? Cooling costs a lot too. It’s probably that a lot don’t have enough heating for something like this. Although that doesn’t matter when your power is off.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bird in a Blender posted:

Is it really that much less insulation? Cooling costs a lot too. It’s probably that a lot don’t have enough heating for something like this. Although that doesn’t matter when your power is off.

I was looking at something earlier where a bunch of housing built just has the pipes on the outside of the house, because it's cheap, and it doesn't freeze pretty much ever.

So uh, yeah.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Wouldn't there need to be a serious moisture issue to get icicles like that indoors? I lived somewhere with an uninsulated garage and we'd have icicles on the gutter and nothing in the garage. It was a little warmer in there than outside, but it'd get and stay below freezing for over a day.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Don’t live near an active volcano even if it’s been a while since it last erupted.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Wouldn't there need to be a serious moisture issue to get icicles like that indoors? I lived somewhere with an uninsulated garage and we'd have icicles on the gutter and nothing in the garage. It was a little warmer in there than outside, but it'd get and stay below freezing for over a day.

it looks like there's a leak, there's paint/plaster damage

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Pipes are bursting all over Texas currently

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

D-LINK posted:

Oh yeah, duh.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Oh yeah, duh.

This is super duper bad bc ice damage compounds water damage. Ice melting in wallboard causes damage similar to major flooding with less water

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

D-LINK posted:

This is super duper bad bc ice damage compounds water damage. Ice melting in wallboard causes damage similar to major flooding with less water

Gonna be funny when the two Senators from Texas vote against the massive disaster relief a ton of Texas residents are gonna need.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Bird in a Blender posted:

AC is more efficient and heat rises. It looks like the new build insulation recommendations are way more than I remember though, and basically all over is R30-60

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
That's a spicy stromboli!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Skwirl posted:

Gonna be funny when the two Senators from Texas vote against the massive disaster relief a ton of Texas residents are gonna need.

Well Cruz was already begging for it apparently so take that as you will

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Freaquency posted:

Well Cruz was already begging for it apparently so take that as you will

It's not welfare if it's a red state!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

D-LINK posted:

And you'd never see this poo poo in northern areas

Kalli posted:

I was looking at something earlier where a bunch of housing built just has the pipes on the outside of the house, because it's cheap, and it doesn't freeze pretty much ever.

So uh, yeah.
That's completely a cheap and lovely way to build that is accepted because "yeah it doesn't get that cold down here"

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I mean obviously I believe he should do everything he can to get funding for his constituents that are suffering a life changing disaster in spite of his views, and even though it’s terribly hypocritical no one is going to vote for whoever runs against him because he got them emergency aid instead of being left to die, so as good as it might feel to laugh at the idea of a bootstraps GOPer begging and scraping for money he’s still going to get all he wants out of the situation with no repercussions.

Jeez, uh, throw a period or two in there somewhere because that’s a hell of a run-on.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

CannonFodder posted:

That's a spicy stromboli!

Cmon man we both you know that's a different Italian volcano why would you do this to me

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

And you'd never see this poo poo in northern areas

That's completely a cheap and lovely way to build that is accepted because "yeah it doesn't get that cold down here"

CPVC is the worst but I'm like shocked to see it outside, it's subject to UV degradation :mrwhite:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

D-LINK posted:

CPVC is the worst but I'm like shocked to see it outside, it's subject to UV degradation :mrwhite:

Our last house (lovely rental) had every water line for the house run outdoors with cpvc. In FL.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

swamp coolers are basically a sheet metal toilet you bolt on your roof. sure you can winterize it but that's the frame of mind you work with here

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

iwentdoodie posted:

Our last house (lovely rental) had every water line for the house run outdoors with cpvc. In FL.

You see it up here, almost exclusively in national level residential construction, partial prefab houses like Ryan Homes. It's fine until it's not like any other water line but it's just so easy to break at the joints and so easily shattered along lengths that I cringe every time I see it. It was probably good tech before PEX but it blows my mind people still actively use it

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1361882389597876224?s=19

Jesus lmao

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Our back stairwell has a shitload of ice forming inside of it because it's non-insulated and also lovely wood. THAT'S CHICAGO BABY!!!!

Renting blows. Shame buying around here is so expensive.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I'm very happy I ripped out my lovely hodgepodge of cpvc and replaced everything in my house with pex. In the event of a mega freeze with no power, I could easily drain the whole system down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/ShammyTV/status/1361328113481834504