Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The best thing Johnson’s done is the Fly episode in Breaking Bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The best thing Johnson’s done is the Fly episode in Breaking Bad.

This is also extremely good

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
People who don’t like Fly are inconceivably wack

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

People don't like Fly?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Simone Magus posted:

People don't like Fly?

Sometimes people are wrong, yes

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’ve definitely seen that opinion thrown around these parts before

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I guess I watched Breaking Bad after it finished and I missed all the arguments, everyone I know is pretty much just like "yeah it's all awesome"

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Simone Magus posted:

Forgettable??

I feel like there are two different movies being discussed here :psyduck:

Same when I see people talking about Rian Johnson flicks. I think he is one of the most unremarkable filmmakers in the business at present. His stuff does nothing for me.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Solo was better than TLJ. Sorry folks

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Rogue One was the best of the new stars war

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

haveblue posted:

Oh, easily. TLJ was great though.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

haveblue posted:

It was pretty good.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Escobarbarian posted:

:hmmyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUtnwcv-quE

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Rogue One is very pretty but all the characters are boring as hell. Why are they making a show about Diego Luna’s character? He literally has no personality whatsoever.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Escobarbarian posted:

Rogue One is very pretty but all the characters are boring as hell. Why are they making a show about Diego Luna’s character? He literally has no personality whatsoever.

Disney is making way too much SW poo poo in general

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
That scene where he shoots his own guy was interesting. It's not a lot to work with, but it's the only character moment people remember from that movie so it'll have to do

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Frankly I'm getting a bit tired of all these warring stars

Warring Starr is probably a character in the EU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

haveblue posted:

This is correct; but The Mandalorian is better than all of them combined

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Whorm Loathsom

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

any immersion the mandalorian hopes to achieve is utterly lost on me every time baby yoda gets picked up, carried, put down, or moves at all in any way. why nobody in charge of production decided to make the model weigh anything is beyond me.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I was pretty high when I saw Rogue One in theatres so that automatically makes it my favourite but I havent seen any other star wars movies apart from when I saw episode 1 and 2 in cinemas when I was like 8. mandalorian seems okay, the set and costume design is nice.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Kazzah posted:

That scene where he shoots his own guy was interesting. It's not a lot to work with, but it's the only character moment people remember from that movie so it'll have to do

this was one of two parts of the movie where I was like "oh they're going somewhere interesting with this" and then he immediately fades back into a cast of cardboard cutouts and poor editing choices

(ben mendelsohn as a middle manager just trying to pad his resume was the other good part)

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Ben Mendelsohn is my favourite actor at the moment because he refuses to sound like anyone else.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

ShoogaSlim posted:

any immersion the mandalorian hopes to achieve is utterly lost on me every time baby yoda gets picked up, carried, put down, or moves at all in any way. why nobody in charge of production decided to make the model weigh anything is beyond me.

The baby is levitating a little bit. He's helping by making himself lighter!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Finally finished Persona 5. Holy crap even the ending dragged on forever!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ShoogaSlim posted:

Babies weigh virtually nothing. It’s like picking up air. The only heavy bit is their big heads but baby yoda has a small head

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

fridge corn posted:

Finally finished Persona 5. Holy crap even the ending dragged on forever!

Wow so real it's like Morgana is really in the room with you

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Wow so real it's like Morgana is really in the room with you

Don't you think it's time you went to sleep?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
No, I'm finally free from that monster! I can do what I like!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Been away for a few days, but in those days I gamed.

Started Control on my PC and realised that there is Alan Wake DLC for it that I own (because my bestie got me the ultimate edition) so I installed and have played through about 50% of Alan Wake and it is pretty fantastic :D Suitably scary and x-filesy and almost max payney. I like it and when I return to Control I have played enough of that to get the first power - gravity gun! I will enjoy it even more :D

I also started Rise of the Tomb Raider thanks to my long TRA post in the great games thread and while it stills suffers from being stuffed with people and Lara is a killing machine, I am at least enjoying the tombs because they are unexplored.

Also my favourite games trailers are all the ones from Witcher 2 and 3. They are seriously fantastic cinematics and make me want to play the game. I will one day. I have started both a few times. Just not in a witcher frame of mind whenever I try.

Also either tomorrow evening or friday I think I need to return to some Londo ruins :)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I was pretty high when I saw Rogue One in theatres so that automatically makes it my favourite but I havent seen any other star wars movies apart from when I saw episode 1 and 2 in cinemas when I was like 8. mandalorian seems okay, the set and costume design is nice.

Rogue one was pretty bad so you made the right choice

A meandering mess of a movie

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I can't remember which witcher trailer is the one with the ship and the dude turning to ice but it was excellent!

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
That's the intro cutscene for Witcher 2, I think. Big bald dude, lots of scars?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yep that's the intro to 2, I played it recently. It's really good.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yep that's the intro to 2, I played it recently. It's really good.

If 3 is the only Witcher game I've played, but absolutely love the world and characters, will 2 be enjoyable? I hear the intro is rough to get through, and there are some QoL mechanics missing.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah it's fine. Did you read the books? If not read the books as well.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
2 should be fine, being able to go back to Witcher 1 is the real test

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah it's definitely worth playing, I picked it up on Xbox really cheap a few months back. It still looks pretty good!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

thats so it doesnt dilute the messaging of the upcoming remake :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I can't remember which witcher trailer is the one with the ship and the dude turning to ice but it was excellent!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwCXw8m0PHI

And killing monsters:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0i88t0Kacs