Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Ouhei posted:

Annoyingly, her actions make a lot more sense to me if she is pulling Wanda's strings than if she isn't...at least to me. Now my theory doesn't make any sense so who the gently caress knows.

Well, as I said I wouldn't be surprised if she's trying to influence Wanda and/or the kids for the better and to steer Wanda out of this in whatever small way she can and just not be able to on her own, beyond helping the kids occasionally or something. It's always possible that Agnes is Agatha and Agatha is someone's pawn, thinking she's doing the right thing and just working for what turns out to be a bad cause. I think if that were true we'd have some insight in to her already though, so that the realization she's not helping like she thought has time to settle and has some narrative weight when it comes.

Firebert posted:

It feels really obvious who Agnes is, but who is Herb? He seems to be manipulating/helping Wanda as much as Agnes and is quite aware, but I have no idea who he might be. Also haven't seen Emma Caulfield's character since episode 3? I have to imagine they are all involved with the start of all this.

I think everyone in Westview is aware, not just a small coterie of Agnes, Herb and/or Dottie. Even the people all but frozen in place on the outskirts of town seemed aware of their situation, because one of them was crying when Vision looked at her. Vision's boss's wife seemed aware too. Really, I think Norm is maybe the only person we've had any time with who hasn't displayed some degree of awareness of the situation, and that could be intentional on Wanda's part, since he's Vision's friend and thus one of the people most likely to say or so something suspicious around Vision, and so someone she'd need to clamp down harder on. Maybe one or two other neighbourhood watch guys might not have either though. It's a minority thing in the town by the looks of things though, and not the default which only a few people defy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Moreau posted:

Mojo? Mojo!

It's not Mojo :(

Hmm?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Robot Hobo posted:

Remember that, at the beginning, the 1950s version of the Wandavision show they're all watching had a cast of like six people. There's just under 4,000 people missing (before episode 6 likely increased that number), and we saw them identify a handful. Twenty or so? S.W.O.R.D. only gets to see what Wanda is putting into her show. As Vision just found out, any person not involved in Wanda's life or field of view is considered irrelevant, and gets stuck in a loop as set dressing, or just hidden from sight entirely. (like all other children before episode 6)

Odds are good that they've only identified, or even seen a tiny small percentage of the town's population, because most of them haven't been on Wanda's show.

That's true, but either way no one really cares about someone in WitSec. There'd be a note somewhere to grab them when this ends, but otherwise it's not a high priority.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

(Turns on monitor)

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Oh poo poo. What if it's Loki behind all of this? We know he took off with the Tesseract/Space Stone at the end of Endgame. And from previews of his series, he's definitely NOT in possession of the Tessaract in anything we've seen.

What if he's just been laying low since his escape, trying to figure out how to use the Space Stone and happens to be at the wrong place at the right time when Wanda wanders into Westview.

Wanda, having been given her powers by exposure to the Mind Stone, sets the Tesseract off due to some sort of "harmonic imbalance" or whatever and causes the WandaVision "event" to manifest.

At this point, Loki is along for the ride, trying to figure-out just what can and can't be done in this zone of malleable reality. His shapeshifting powers explain why certain characters "break" character in such meta-textual ways, then go back to acting out their roles a few scenes later. (this is apart from what Vision can do with his mind-stone type powers that bring the citizens completely out of the narrative).

End of the series, Loki gets busted and Wanda has a gigantic fit that creates the mutant race. Possibly with some time/space wackiness to allow for already-seen FOX mutants to make the cross-over. This gives us some experienced mutants to guide the new ones and set-up the Xavier school.

Loki ends-up without the Space Stone and kicked out of the MCU and into the multiverse. This sets-up the Loki series where he continues to screw things up so that Doctor Strange has to fix it in Multiverse of Madness.

In addition, Wanda's Mind-Stone gifted powers create mutants, but the Space Stone freaking out also douses key people with cosmic radiation. And now we have our Fantastic Four AND our mutants.

(needs some cleaning-up, but seems to me that this explanation would fit)

SpeakSlow fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Feb 16, 2021

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

swickles posted:

They are all Bumblebee. Transformers are in the MCU now.

Fair enough.

Also in case my joke was poor.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Edmund Lava posted:

Herbert is the name of the High Evolutionary in the comics, and the one responsible for the twins getting their powers in the current origin.

I’m assuming he’s just a guy and the name is just a reference.

The thought of the almighty High Evolutionary trimming hedges makes me laugh, tho.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Yeah it's not gonna be Loki, guys.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

BrianWilly posted:

Yeah it's not gonna be Loki, guys.

Maybe each MCU show is going to introduce the next MCU show

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Azhais posted:

Maybe each MCU show is going to introduce the next MCU show

Zemo did this??

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Hobo Clown posted:

Zemo did this??

Maybe Zemo is actually Loki??

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

AndyElusive posted:

Maybe Zemo is actually Loki??

Everyone is Loki.

Looking forward to Tom Hiddleston in a track suit for Hawkguy

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

It's Dr. Doom and they're getting married, OTP

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

RIP Cassie

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

All of this talk of their childhood, is grandpa going to show up to see his new grandkids?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
vague merchandise kinda-spoiler, didn't see anyone post this here yet:

the Funko Pop for Evan Peters' Pietro in his Halloween Quicksilver costume has been revealed, and the name on the box is "Pietro Maximoff."

No, those aren't my quotation marks, that's literally what it says on the box.

I think that's too vague to prove any specific theories, but it's interesting nonetheless.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Phylodox posted:

I think the problems she created will probably be resolved by the end of the show. If I had to guess, I think Dr. Strange is going to teach her how to control her powers so she doesn't unconsciously do something like this again or destroy the universe or create a bunch of mutants.

I think a redemption arc/I need to atone kind of vibe would make sense for Wanda in Multiverse of Madness, based on how things seem likely to pan out here. I definitely think it's much more likely she'll be a hero in that movie than the source of the multiverse problem or a villain.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Barry Convex posted:

vague merchandise kinda-spoiler, didn't see anyone post this here yet:

the Funko Pop for Evan Peters' Pietro in his Halloween Quicksilver costume has been revealed, and the name on the box is "Pietro Maximoff."

No, those aren't my quotation marks, that's literally what it says on the box.

I think that's too vague to prove any specific theories, but it's interesting nonetheless.

I don't understand why this is a spoiler?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

AndyElusive posted:

I don't understand why this is a spoiler?

depending on how you read it, you could interpret it as implying that Peters' character is not actually any version of Quicksilver, but rather someone else posing as him.

That's further than I'm willing to go, I don't think it confirms anything except possibly that his character is not actually a recast version of MCU Quicksilver, which is pretty obvious imo,
but using spoilers to stay on the safe side

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Barry Convex posted:

depending on how you read it, you could interpret it as implying that Peters' character is not actually any version of Quicksilver, but rather someone else posing as him.

That's further than I'm willing to go, I don't think it confirms anything except possibly that his character is not actually a recast version of MCU Quicksilver, which is pretty obvious imo,
but using spoilers to stay on the safe side

Oh! I getcha. The quotation marks are a part of his name on the box.

Derp.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
The true villain turns out to be that hangdog David-Schwimmer-with-a-mustache looking guy who's constantly eating poo poo in the first few episodes. There's only so much a bit player can take.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
I've ben saying for a while that I'm going to be very disappointed if The Classic doesn't get a prominent role in Doctor Strange 2.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians
I don’t know if this has been pointed out yet, but I caught this re-watching the episode this weekend with my daughter. Go to 22:29, as the scene fades back to the Square.

The fire decoration with the face? Looks JUST like a classic Ditko-era Dormammu.

I know it could just be a cool Easter Egg or a coincidental Halloween decoration, but with the looming Dr Strange connection and the fact that he hails from another dimension that would love to invade earth.... could be something.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

The true villain turns out to be that hangdog David-Schwimmer-with-a-mustache looking guy who's constantly eating poo poo in the first few episodes. There's only so much a bit player can take.

I hope he created this whole reality so he could get dumped on constantly as some sort of weird fetish

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

GPTribefan posted:

I don’t know if this has been pointed out yet, but I caught this re-watching the episode this weekend with my daughter. Go to 22:29, as the scene fades back to the Square.

The fire decoration with the face? Looks JUST like a classic Ditko-era Dormammu.

I know it could just be a cool Easter Egg or a coincidental Halloween decoration, but with the looming Dr Strange connection and the fact that he hails from another dimension that would love to invade earth.... could be something.

also the time stone is gone now from this dimension, so the threat is also gone...

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Victor von Doom is one of the best Marvel villains and should’ve been so easy to translate to live action, and yet Fox managed to botch it every single time.

Hopefully Disney/Marvel can stick the landing with Nu-FF when it happens.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Alchenar posted:

I've kinda assumed that was a lie to get someone from Sword to show up. Given it hasn't been mentioned since, particularly through the entire sequence where they were identifying all the residents, I'd consider it lovely writing for it suddenly to be brought back up.

That seems unlikely. Jimmy's an FBI agent. An actual lie could easily come back to bite him in the rear end. Plus, if there was no federal witness, why does Jimmy, an FBI agent based in Oakland, California, have an awareness of Westview - much less that it's missing?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

One minor thing that sort of skeeves me out about the latest episode is when Wanda and Vision are having their little argument and Billy looks to the camera to do one of his fourth-wall monologues, Pietro gives him the side-eye. I get the feeling that only Billy and Tommy are supposed to be able to be aware of those bits, so Pietro quietly acknowledging it feels really creepy. Especially since he acts on what Billy's saying a moment later.

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

Are we sure that the person Jimmy was looking for isn't Wanda?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Geo Fixer posted:

I got that sense. She is a prison escapee I guess

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Gavok posted:

One minor thing that sort of skeeves me out about the latest episode is when Wanda and Vision are having their little argument and Billy looks to the camera to do one of his fourth-wall monologues, Pietro gives him the side-eye. I get the feeling that only Billy and Tommy are supposed to be able to be aware of those bits, so Pietro quietly acknowledging it feels really creepy. Especially since he acts on what Billy's saying a moment later.

Might be that Pietro is coded as being like the older brothers in Malcom in the Middle, 'one of the kids', but still.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Might be that Pietro is coded as being like the older brothers in Malcom in the Middle, 'one of the kids', but still.

He kind of gave me uncle Eddie from Grounded for Life vibes.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
One movie I think people should check out is Resolution. It's a pretty standard cabin in the woods horror movie about two guys seeing creepy stuff. In the end of the movie it is revealed that the camera is some sort of unseen Lovecraft style God that they have been aware of and trying to appease. The movie ends with one of the film's heroes asking, "Can we try it another way?" It turns out that the whole movie is them acting out a movie and trying to satisfy this mysterious demon.

Interestingly enough, the director is directing the majority of Moon Knight. So, it's a movie that MCU people are aware of.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Gavok posted:

Pietro is more or less aware that they're in a show through the whole episode. He can see the walls crumbling down, including the fourth wall.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Nightmare (or other spooky villain) -> Agnes/Agatha -> Wanda -> Everyone else is my current predicted hierarchy of control/responsibility

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Maybe Herb and Agatha are being affected like Rambeau, because of their co star / guest star role? They are second tier players with some autonomy, maybe this whole thing begins to screw with mental abilities and we end up with witches and grim reapers.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Gavok posted:

The cast 'breaking character' more and more frequently and Pietro in particular breaking the 4th wall constantly represents the fact that Wanda's attempt to create a new reality for herself really isn't working and it's not making her feel better.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Geo Fixer posted:

I thought it was Vision, given that she broke into SWORD to steal him, and they were clearly planning something for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
I'm starting to think that if there is a supernatural entity controlling Wanda, they're failing badly, and have found themselves in a tiger-by-the-tail situation. Or she's straight-up draining it, so in the big reveal of Herb, it's an emaciated Mephisto, begging for help. At most they're her drug dealer, not a nefarious puppet master.

Wanda has to be in the driver's seat here, even if someone or something else is involved.