Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

D-LINK posted:

You see it up here, almost exclusively in national level residential construction, partial prefab houses like Ryan Homes. It's fine until it's not like any other water line but it's just so easy to break at the joints and so easily shattered along lengths that I cringe every time I see it. It was probably good tech before PEX but it blows my mind people still actively use it

Oh, I became an expert in repairing it. One got cracked in half when my dog bumped it, one spigot pipe snapped in half when I opened the valve, etc. poo poo sucked so loving bad.

Saruman ordering the uruk hai to march on helms deep: "wow, nazi much? Lazy. Wait what the gently caress, now the tree is back. And now aragorn is going to come back to life too? Who wrote this?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

shirts and skins posted:

Cmon man we both you know that's a different Italian volcano why would you do this to me
Because in the tweet it's called a Strombolian eruption.

Named after the Stromboli volcano that I am now learning about.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

iwentdoodie posted:

Oh, I became an expert in repairing it. One got cracked in half when my dog bumped it, one spigot pipe snapped in half when I opened the valve, etc. poo poo sucked so loving bad.

Saruman ordering the uruk hai to march on helms deep: "wow, nazi much? Lazy. Wait what the gently caress, now the tree is back. And now aragorn is going to come back to life too? Who wrote this?"

I’m not sure why, but Jackson changes the Two Towers a lot from the book. Some changes didn’t even make sense. Like in the book Gandalf tells Theoden to go to Helms Deep, but in the movie he says it’s stupid to do that.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

LeeMajors posted:

"WHY DONT YOU START YOUR OWN POWER COMPANY, LIBS :smug:"

You just KNOW this guy is a soft country club rear end in a top hat who drives a DODGE RAM 6900 DUALLY BIG SCHLONG EDITION and wheezes going up stairs.

gently caress these people.

On the other hand left twitter seems just as happy to dance on Texans graves as this guy

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

On the other hand left twitter seems just as happy to dance on Texans graves as this guy

There seems to be a fair amount of good pushback against this at least, some people will hopefully catch on.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Intruder posted:

That's centrist twitter buddy

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/FamousCeleb/status/1361818084676263939?s=19

Tag yourself, I'm Brocky Jo.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Sixteen string Jack

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Torn between Alligator Dick and Sixteen-string Jack

e: Alligator Dick it is

Pie Biter is real good too

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

One of my teammates is stranded in Texas. The hotel is out of food and restaurants are closed. They had to walk to a convenience store and buy a bunch of junk food just to have something to eat tonight.

It's bad out there. Stay safe TX goons.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

CannonFodder posted:

Because in the tweet it's called a Strombolian eruption.

Named after the Stromboli volcano that I am now learning about.

Oh

Yeah lol I missed that the tweet mentioned the type of eruption

Fun fact, Stromboli was also some melodrama film in the early '50s that got really popular, was set on the island. Couple of American pizza joints made dishes apparently inspired by the film and now we're strombin' all the time.

It's strombs all the way down folks

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Hi it’s me, Antediluvian Jake

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I mean, the failure to winterize their infrastructure is akin to PG&E failing to properly maintain their power lines. That we have companies that are in an industry that is propped up with tons of government funding that continue to cut corners to increase profits. And with those profits, they're able to fund candidates who will continue to keep regulations low and continue government subsidies. And despite failures to provide the single job they're supposed to do in critical disasters, they allow society to fall apart for a while and everyone else covers the costs.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's me, Alkali Jim.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Who's got dibs on Senator Pendegast (negro)?

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Shorty obviously

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

The Wild Man of YOLO :sun:

e: Athanatos flip a coin and change my name to this if it comes up tails

e2: Or maybe do it either way, I never really cared for this screen name

The Wild Man of YOLO fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Feb 17, 2021

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:
Champion Soap Eater checking in.

Still no power and a new development! I no longer have running water. No burst pipes in my place but uh, I'm kind of worried now. This went from 'this sucks' to 'poo poo I've never been in this situation what do I do now?'

I've got 4 gallons of water in my pantry but where do I pee and poop with no working toilet?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Your representatives yard

Stay safe man that poo poo sounds miserable

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

I was looking at something earlier where a bunch of housing built just has the pipes on the outside of the house, because it's cheap, and it doesn't freeze pretty much ever.

So uh, yeah.

My brother lives in Houston. He still has no water because they only buried the water lines a few inches. And this is in new construction built last year.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I'm The Wil-

on the bored wop posted:

The Wild Man of YOLO :sun:

-DAMMIT!!!

Fine, I'll be Jersey Mike. Stop asking me for sandwiches!

Also if it wasn't for Clerks 2 I wouldn't know "The Sheeny" was a slur against Jewish people. :engleft:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQZxuofn-4M

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Spoeank posted:

That's centrist twitter buddy

correct

by their logic since texas went for trump they all deserve to suffer, forget that the margin is closer than it used to be

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

I’m calling both Assemblyman Murphy and Cheese.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Vertical Lime posted:

correct

by their logic since texas went for trump they all deserve to suffer, forget that the margin is closer than it used to be

More people voted for Biden in Texas than in New York and there are a ton of people who aren't allowed to vote or are gerrymandered out of any choice of representative. Anyway I have a donut emoji in my bio and am about to tell you why their two year old daughter deserves to freeze,

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Intruder posted:

gently caress that

Six-toed Pete

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Do Lengthy Mike and Long Mary have a strong relationship together? Or does Pie Biter sneak in somewhere?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Obediah Dilldock is just perfect in every conceivable way. Sounds like an 1890s baseball player.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

RIP in piss

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1361747894412345355?s=19

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

How tf do you get banned from Parler

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Alligator Dick for sure

snap snap baby

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

shirts and skins posted:

Do they have something against pedophiles?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

he was threatening to post Ben shapiro's phone number

they made him private and changed his password lmao

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I'm Shorty. Duh.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Braksgirl posted:

I'm Shorty. Duh.

Sorry that's mine

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Parler's back online?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Samadhi posted:

Sorry that's mine

There are two Candy's, scoot over and make room.

Also just noticed there's both Soap and Champion Soap Eater.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

C-Euro posted:

Parler's back online?

Yeah, some incredibly shady web host that uses Microsoft's infrastructure.

Intruder posted:

Why won't Texans vote for Dems?

<Dems on twitter> Haha freeze you stupid hillbillies

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Im Jersey Mike, Heir to the sandwich fortune.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Lol, burn Harvard to the ground

quote:

“What they’ve done is systematic unpreparedness,” Mr. McCullough said. “It was not inadvertent. They planned this outcome.”

He has debated the issue for years with William W. Hogan, the architect of the strategy that was adopted by the state seven years ago.

From: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/16/us/texas-winter-storm-power-outages.html?0p19G=0232

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

I keep looking for things to say the world is going to get better and I only find things pointing in the other direction.

quote:

Umberto Eco Makes a List of the 14 Common Features of Fascism

1. The cult of tradition. “One has only to look at the syllabus of every fascist movement to find the major traditionalist thinkers. The Nazi gnosis was nourished by traditionalist, syncretistic, occult elements.”

2.The rejection of modernism. “The Enlightenment, the Age of Reason, is seen as the beginning of modern depravity. In this sense Ur-Fascism can be defined as irrationalism.”

3.The cult of action for action’s sake. “Action being beautiful in itself, it must be taken before, or without, any previous reflection. Thinking is a form of emasculation.”

4.Disagreement is treason. “The critical spirit makes distinctions, and to distinguish is a sign of modernism. In modern culture the scientific community praises disagreement as a way to improve knowledge.”

5.Fear of difference. “The first appeal of a fascist or prematurely fascist movement is an appeal against the intruders. Thus Ur-Fascism is racist by definition.”

6. Appeal to social frustration. “One of the most typical features of the historical fascism was the appeal to a frustrated middle class, a class suffering from an economic crisis or feelings of political humiliation, and frightened by the pressure of lower social groups.”

7. The obsession with a plot. “Thus at the root of the Ur-Fascist psychology there is the obsession with a plot, possibly an international one. The followers must feel besieged.”

8. The enemy is both strong and weak. “By a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak.”

9. Pacifism is trafficking with the enemy. “For Ur-Fascism there is no struggle for life but, rather, life is lived for struggle.”

10. Contempt for the weak. “Elitism is a typical aspect of any reactionary ideology.”

11. Everybody is educated to become a hero. “In Ur-Fascist ideology, heroism is the norm. This cult of heroism is strictly linked with the cult of death.”

12. Machismo and weaponry. “Machismo implies both disdain for women and intolerance and condemnation of nonstandard sexual habits, from chastity to homosexuality.”

13. Selective populism. “There is in our future a TV or Internet populism, in which the emotional response of a selected group of citizens can be presented and accepted as the Voice of the People.”

14. Ur-Fascism speaks Newspeak. “All the Nazi or Fascist schoolbooks made use of an impoverished vocabulary, and an elementary syntax, in order to limit the instruments for complex and critical reasoning."

https://www.openculture.com/2016/11/umberto-eco-makes-a-list-of-the-14-common-features-of-fascism.html