Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Other than thr Bellas, have there been any popular twins in wrestling? Has there ever been an Olsen-like switch of twins playing one character?

The Cole twins in WCW?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Watching Dark, I always get a kick out of how over the top Brandon Cutler's entrance is compared to his kayfabe power level. Who else has such a disproportionate entrance compared to how they're portrayed? Besides like, Eva Marie, where that's the joke.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Artelier posted:

Watching Dark, I always get a kick out of how over the top Brandon Cutler's entrance is compared to his kayfabe power level. Who else has such a disproportionate entrance compared to how they're portrayed? Besides like, Eva Marie, where that's the joke.

Glacier after like, 2 months into his run

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Other than thr Bellas, have there been any popular twins in wrestling? Has there ever been an Olsen-like switch of twins playing one character?

The Batten Twins in the dying days of the territories.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Harris Twins aka Disciples of Apocalypse aka Blu Brothers aka Creative Control aka two white supremacist dicks with no talent

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Artelier posted:

Goldust had a hell of an entrance for someone who, inside of six months, got demoted from squashing Savio Vega to putting Savio Vega over.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Feb 17, 2021

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Other than thr Bellas, have there been any popular twins in wrestling?

those da vinky guys

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Other than thr Bellas, have there been any popular twins in wrestling?

edit: oh poo poo, they invented The Pencil Roll

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
Very much not twins but the Killer Bees in the 80s used an early variant of Twin Magic when they were masked.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Edge used the Edgeheads for twin magic-esque shenanigans during the La Familia storyline iirc

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Artelier posted:

Sin Cara

Chris Masters

Seven

Hirooki Goto

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Goto’s entrance is pretty understated I thought? Unless you mean how epic his theme sounds.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Entirely the epicness

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

There has to have been a team of Lucha twins at some point

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I did a google for wrestling twins and instead found a clickbait top 15 twins. My favourite is the Tate twins for this

With dreams of making a huge splash in the wrestling business, both Brandon and Brent seem to be in good hands wrestling for Ring of Honor and Global Force Wrestling.

Oooooooof.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Well there was that time that Pentagon just assumed he was in two places at once and went with it....

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Artelier posted:

Kenny Omega

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Lid posted:

Sin Cara

Chris Masters

Seven

Hirooki Goto

Kiss Demon.

Also, Goto's entrance is just right.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Draxion posted:

those da vinky guys

the voros twins are cool

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Lid posted:

I did a google for wrestling twins and instead found a clickbait top 15 twins. My favourite is the Tate twins for this

With dreams of making a huge splash in the wrestling business, both Brandon and Brent seem to be in good hands wrestling for Ring of Honor and Global Force Wrestling.

Oooooooof.

They're now in OVW, apparently.

Also, it looks like OVW's basically a wrestling school, which also instructs trainees in peripheral stuff like production and admin, which I guess is actually a pretty good thing.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The rarest of sightings in the wild, HHH doing something selfless
Well, he already had the Pedigree in his repertoire. It, as the Levesque Guillotine, was his WCW finisher when he wasn't using the inverted Indian deathlock.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Vagabundo posted:

They're now in OVW, apparently.

Also, it looks like OVW's basically a wrestling school, which also instructs trainees in peripheral stuff like production and admin, which I guess is actually a pretty good thing.
Al Snow, in spite of him being such a miserable person, also deserves some level of props for actually getting OVW full accreditation as a trade school, with the ability for students to get financial aid, etc.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

davidbix posted:

Al Snow, in spite of him being such a miserable person, also deserves some level of props for actually getting OVW full accreditation as a trade school, with the ability for students to get financial aid, etc.

It makes sense as well. OVW will, at best, be a talent farm for much bigger organisations (they were a development territory for both the WWE and TNA after all), that people pass through on their way up, so why not give those people a chance to train in backstage roles? If their in-ring days are cut short, they'll still have something that they can fall back on.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Thankfully OVW is so lovely at what it does now we don't have to worry about very many of those people doing much of anything.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Vagabundo posted:

It makes sense as well. OVW will, at best, be a talent farm for much bigger organisations (they were a development territory for both the WWE and TNA after all), that people pass through on their way up, so why not give those people a chance to train in backstage roles? If their in-ring days are cut short, they'll still have something that they can fall back on.
That said, if someone was asking me to recommend a wrestling school and affiliate promotion that would give them a well-rounded wrestling education on top of the in-ring training, I would suggest the AIW Academy. AIW does a tremendous job of integrating the students into the production of the whole show and teaching them the nuts and bolts of putting a wrestling card together.

(If someone asked me which school was best for getting its students TV-ready, I'd say Create A Pro, because MJF, Statlander, Caster, and Bear Country are all so drat polished relative to their experience level. And Wrestle Pro, which is affiliated, is right up there, too.)

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

TheKingslayer posted:

Stupid as it sounds, Demolition used to twin magic during matches. Even though it doesn't take a genius to tell that Axe and Crush aren't the same guy.
Demolition were wearing black masks at the time, though I don't know if that was always the case when they pulled a switch.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

davidbix posted:

(If someone asked me which school was best for getting its students TV-ready, I'd say Create A Pro, because MJF, Statlander, Caster, and Bear Country are all so drat polished relative to their experience level. And Wrestle Pro, which is affiliated, is right up there, too.)
Bowens was another Create a Pro guy. Silver and Reynolds weren't (I think they were trained by Mikey Whipwreck), but they were in Wrestlepro for years. Same for Fallah Bahh in Impact

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I have a friend who wrestled as a jobber in ovw in the mid 90's and he would always tell me how good Doug Basham and Nick Dinsmore were and one day they would be on raw and i was always like ok, whatever but then they were

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

was it Doug or Danny Basham who was The Damaja in OVW

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Artelier posted:

Christian's early 2000s entrance was vainglorious in a fun way for someone shrinking into midcard heelage. https://youtu.be/9xeJk1FUJwM

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

DeathChicken posted:

Bowens was another Create a Pro guy. Silver and Reynolds weren't (I think they were trained by Mikey Whipwreck), but they were in Wrestlepro for years. Same for Fallah Bahh in Impact
Bowens was Wrestle Pro. Silver and Reynolds were indeed NYWC students but yeah, they spent a lot of time in Wrestle Pro. Fallah I believe came out of PWS/Wrestle Pro.

titties posted:

I have a friend who wrestled as a jobber in ovw in the mid 90's and he would always tell me how good Doug Basham and Nick Dinsmore were and one day they would be on raw and i was always like ok, whatever but then they were

Alaois posted:

was it Doug or Danny Basham who was The Damaja in OVW
Danny was Damaja.

It's hard to explain just how good the core OVW guys in that era (Doug Basham, Damaja, Nick Dinsmore, Rob Conway, Flash Flanagan, and Trailer Park Trash) were if you didn't see them in OVW. In particular, Doug was an incredible total package: He could work his rear end off, he had an incredible mix of great fundamentals, Tennessee style funkyness, and creativity, he had a great physique, he had a unique look, and he was a great promo. You totally get why he's in that "quit the business after being let go from WWE" group from that era, because if he can't make it, then why bother?

The thing that everyone misses about why 1999-2002 OVW was SUCH superstar factory is that the developmental talent had a half dozen incredibly solid veteran hands working up and down the card with them. (Not to mention Kanyon, Val Venis, and others making quick stops in OVW to help guys develop.) Taking them out of the equation changed EVERYTHING.

(Also: Doug Basham vs. Mark Jindrak from a 2005 episode of Velocity is legit one of the best random assed B-show matches you'll ever see.)

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

Artelier posted:

Who else has such a disproportionate entrance compared to how they're portrayed?
Bobby Roode. Has this grandiose 'Ric Flair-esque' entrance that the crowd sings along to, but has done nothing of note since being on the main roster.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Do we have a secret cabal of goon workers? Would be fun to network and shoot the poo poo.

Edit: Am just a mere ref, but still.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Wasn't the Angle brother in that...angle...Eric? The one that went on to choke twelve year olds and participate in an international drug ring that only accepted crypto?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Wasn't the Angle brother in that...angle...Eric? The one that went on to choke twelve year olds and participate in an international drug ring that only accepted crypto?

Seems that way https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/10/03/eric-angle-indicted-for-selling-steroids/

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Asteroid Alert posted:

Do we have a secret cabal of goon workers? Would be fun to network and shoot the poo poo.

Edit: Am just a mere ref, but still.

I wrestled.... holy jeesus like 18 years ago at this point

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
The thing I liked about Eric Angle was that if you glanced at him quickly enough, for sure he could pass as Kurt. Which you could excuse as a heat of the moment sort of thing. You look at him for more than two seconds and you were like... hang on... :aaa:

Now you just make that face when looking through his criminal history.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nevermind this. sorry & let this be a lesson not to out anyone on here as a wrestler and let them do it if they wish

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Feb 17, 2021

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

The only person from OVW I've heard about in years is the white girl who pretends to be black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Why did AEW keep the dumb Fyter Fest name for a second year? The name and logo being references to Fyre Festival were already dated by the time of the first event. Was it a trademark thing?