Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Imagine England being entirely surrounded by EU countries and having all of its border waters controlled by them. Surely that's the CD wet dream?

The slow choking hand of the invisible free EU market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

gonadic io posted:

Imagine England being entirely surrounded by EU countries and having all of its border waters controlled by them. Surely that's the CD wet dream?

would certainly solve the problem of fish rotting on the docks

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

gonadic io posted:

it would be extremely good content for me, a person entirely unaffected by european matters

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

My only concern is if the europeans push us too hard the British lion may wake

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Communist Thoughts posted:

Little does he know he's already in a zoo enclosure.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Private Speech posted:

Little does he know he's already in a zoo enclosure.

He's been injected with anesthesia prior to being put down at the vet.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Party Boat posted:

The two options are Portpatrick to Larne, which isn't too bad - Portpatrick is within a couple of hours of Glasgow and Carlisle, and Larne is like a half hour from Belfast. Unfortunately a bridge / tunnel connecting them would be 28 miles long and have to deal with the trench full of explosives.

The other option is only 12 miles between the Mull of Kintyre and Torr Head and doesn't cross Beaufort's Dyke but both those places are really remote and would need tons of work on the surrounding roads, particularly on the Scottish side.

lol the road to Torr Head is a B-grade minor road running along a blasted-out clifftop route. I've been driving for 20+ years and I still get the fear on that road when some oval office in an Audi comes along and I have to back up into a layby where either side of the car is literally inches from a drop straight into the sea.

NI-side, there's absolutely no way that route could work.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

lol the road to Torr Head is a B-grade minor road running along a blasted-out clifftop route. I've been driving for 20+ years and I still get the fear on that road when some oval office in an Audi comes along and I have to back up into a layby where either side of the car is literally inches from a drop straight into the sea.

NI-side, there's absolutely no way that route could work.

The route is easy enough to build when you got a motive for the investment... and don't have to deal with Westminster.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Communist Thoughts posted:

Brexit's coming home it's coming home.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Party Boat posted:

The two options are Portpatrick to Larne, which isn't too bad - Portpatrick is within a couple of hours of Glasgow and Carlisle, and Larne is like a half hour from Belfast. Unfortunately a bridge / tunnel connecting them would be 28 miles long and have to deal with the trench full of explosives.

The other option is only 12 miles between the Mull of Kintyre and Torr Head and doesn't cross Beaufort's Dyke but both those places are really remote and would need tons of work on the surrounding roads, particularly on the Scottish side.

Tunnel/bridge to arran and then the mainland. Might as well when they're at it.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

spankmeister posted:

Brexit's coming home it's coming home.

daily cold-pressed brexit we can make at home? yes, please

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
big boris bonkers bridge should go from blackpool to ardglass via the isle of man imo woooooooooooooooop

crispix has issued a correction as of 01:48 on Feb 16, 2021

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

crispix posted:

big boris bonkers bridge should go from blackpool to ardglass via the isle of man imo woooooooooooooooop

i bet the chinese government would have already started building this by now, and on time

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
bung a bob for big boris bonkers bridge

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Boris makes Barney Frank look like a swimsuit model in comparison.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
think you’ll find he had a life changing realisation after his Covid ordeal, went for a run once, and is now fit as a butcher’s dog

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
The people are crying out for an Aberdeen to Amsterdam rail bridge 🌉

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
https://twitter.com/outletarchive/status/1361816400843706380?s=19

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
the people are definitely crying out for something

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Found a new type of poo poo. I call it Runny Brown Oily d13

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

in america our passports are dark blue, we have the death penalty, and you buy stuff by the pound. owned limeys

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

what does oberman feet mean?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

monkeytennis posted:

no i dont know who it is and i will not look it up

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

monkeytennis posted:

I think it means Dr Frank did an ed balls and posted his search term.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

no i dont know who it is and i will not look it up

soap actor I think although that may be doing her a disservice. What is it with feet people.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Obermann is also one of the highest tier Labour Against Antisemitism anti-Corbyn accounts on the site too, which is fun little bit of context for that guys psychology

Also is it me or does he look like he's had a serious head injury? No one's skull should be that dented

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

multijoe posted:

Obermann is also one of the highest tier Labour Against Antisemitism anti-Corbyn accounts on the site too, which is fun little bit of context for that guys psychology

Also is it me or does he look like he's had a serious head injury? No one's skull should be that dented

I think it's just an unflattering haircut?

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

crepeface posted:

the people are definitely crying out for something

The problem with pennies is they're too valuable. Let's go back to them being worth 1/240th of a pound.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

half the country are literal abe simpsons just going on about getting fourty rods to the hogs head or other such nonsense, but they make up a huge voting block so ...

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/1362041507348434950?s=19

How could JEREMY CORBYN do this, and how dare he, I ask

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
the devil corbyn snuck his tainted jam into the royal teatime

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Brexit To-Do

#1 Kill more people
#2 Blue is back!!!

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the best thing about blue passports was that there was no EU requirement for them to be burgundy, they could have just changed the colour at any time

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

technically it's recommended that they are, but yeah

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

surprised the smoking one's so low

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Jel Shaker posted:

the best thing about blue passports was that there was no EU requirement for them to be burgundy, they could have just changed the colour at any time
the best thing is the blue ones are made in europe

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

why do people care so much about the color of the passports? I don't get it

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
The outrage has been successfully manufactured

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

lack of neuroplasticity caused brexit