Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Ok now I’m a little sad that the downward halt scared me into selling at $48. I’m fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Divot
Dec 23, 2013
I figure it's almost certainly too late to buy into CCIV now isn't it

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Divot posted:

I wouldn't, but someone needs to if this is gonna go all the way to the moon.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Is CCIV the rare SPAC that’s worth hanging onto if you think Lucid Motors is going places? Or is it better to sell now and lock in some profits, and then buy back into Lucid after the merger?

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

OldSenileGuy posted:

Is CCIV the rare SPAC that’s worth hanging onto if you think Lucid Motors is going places? Or is it better to sell now and lock in some profits, and then buy back into Lucid after the merger?

do never hold bags

e: I hijacked my wife's 2021 Roth IRA so I have more tax-sheltered SPAC moneys to play with

Now in: TACA, IPOF, IPOD, SNPR, ADER, CVII, FMAC, SWBK, PSTH, SPAQ, SCLE and DHHC. A single, solitary DA among them!

Chad Sexington fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Feb 17, 2021

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Divot posted:

Jesse Livermore had a quote where he basically says there's no necessary reason that a stock won't continue to go up.

And that guy blew his loving brains out in a public bathroom because his head was full of ideas like that.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Is NVSAU combined commons and warrants? I can’t get my order to fill and I’ve got a bad feeling my lovely broker won’t let me buy the combined security

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

gay picnic defence posted:

Is NVSAU combined commons and warrants? I can’t get my order to fill and I’ve got a bad feeling my lovely broker won’t let me buy the combined security

That's a unit, yes. Each unit comes with a common share and a third of a warrant, so buy in multiples of three.

It's possible your broker doesn't let you buy units or that it's not available yet because it just IPO'd, but it's also possible that it's NVSA.U or NVSA/U or something.

Duey
Sep 5, 2004

Hi
Nap Ghost
Why are MTAC warrants at $13? The commons are at 10.57?

EDIT: I don't know what that was. I put in a limit order to grab some warrants at 2.60 (the market order had the price at 13.xx) but it wouldn't purchase so I looked up the price on Yahoo Finance and it was at 13.39 per warrant for a minute before going back down to 2.601 and executed my order.

Duey fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Feb 17, 2021

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.

Duey posted:

Why are MTAC warrants at $13? The commons are at 10.57?

EDIT: I don't know what that was. I put in a limit order to grab some warrants at 2.60 (the market order had the price at 13.xx) but it wouldn't purchase so I looked up the price on Yahoo Finance and it was at 13.39 per warrant for a minute before going back down to 2.601 and executed my order.

This is why you don't market order on warrants. Someone put in a market order for more warrants than the order book had at a reasonable price and they got filled at someone's ridiculous ask designed to trap someone placing a dumb order.

edit: Yep, someone placed a market order and ended up buying 2427 warrants at an average price of $13.39. Just lit $26K on fire. Current ask is $7.50 if you want to be a naughty boy put 1 of those warrants up for $2.7 and the rest of them up at $7.49 and see if you can be a bad person too.

Arzakon fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Feb 17, 2021

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Chad Sexington posted:

That's a unit, yes. Each unit comes with a common share and a third of a warrant, so buy in multiples of three.

It's possible your broker doesn't let you buy units or that it's not available yet because it just IPO'd, but it's also possible that it's NVSA.U or NVSA/U or something.

It comes up as NVSAU when I search for the ticker so I think it’s fine from that perspective. I put an order in for MTACU and that failed too so I’m guessing they don’t like the stapled units.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

OldSenileGuy posted:

This.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

gay picnic defence posted:

It comes up as NVSAU when I search for the ticker so I think it’s fine from that perspective. I put an order in for MTACU and that failed too so I’m guessing they don’t like the stapled units.

Who's your broker? Maybe call them up and ask if they can do it manually, assuming the wait time isn't prohibitively long. And if you do get someone, ask how to transfer to a new broker.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
OP spreadsheet updated! Removed CCIV, GIK, IPOD, IPOF, PSTH, NPA, AND SNPR because they're too far from NAV to recommend as safe investments and/or they've already had a lot of their material news already.

Added ALTU, CPUH, and CVII. I plan on adding a bunch more NAV tickers in the next few days.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Handen posted:

Who's your broker? Maybe call them up and ask if they can do it manually, assuming the wait time isn't prohibitively long. And if you do get someone, ask how to transfer to a new broker.

Yeah I’ll give them a call and find out wtf is going on. Issue is I’m in Australia and their line doesn’t open until after the US markets close which isn’t super helpful. These guys are my second attempt at an international brokerage, the first one absolutely fisted me with fees that made it prohibitively expensive to trade unless you were buying in tranches of $10,000+.

Baddog
May 12, 2001
Hey, the chance of CCIV ever going below 10 is *really* small, right? If they announce the deal is actually with mypillow and everyone panic sells, we could dip below 10 for a bit, but everyone would vote to get the money back and the shares would redeem for 10 eventually?

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

I’ve been sitting on CCV for a while (@ $11.5). Is it still kosher to keep sitting and waiting or should I try elsewhere? I generally don’t mind being patient, but just need a sanity check.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Dancing Peasant posted:

I’ve been sitting on CCV for a while (@ $11.5). Is it still kosher to keep sitting and waiting or should I try elsewhere? I generally don’t mind being patient, but just need a sanity check.

I'd also like some insight about CCV. SPAC noob here.

From what I can tell, CCV has gone up since Friday on account of CCIV's success. Wouldn't this confidence continue upward?

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
I bought CCIV @ 15 and sold it @ 15 because I thought well, I'm just really FOMO'ing on rumors at that point.

I bought IPOF @ 15 and sold it @ 15 today.

Some say history doesn't predict the future, but...

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

This, meaning what? The second part? About selling now and buying back into Lucid after merger?

I hope so because I already sold at 59. Either way, can’t complain about 130% return.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Baddog posted:

Hey, the chance of CCIV ever going below 10 is *really* small, right? If they announce the deal is actually with mypillow and everyone panic sells, we could dip below 10 for a bit, but everyone would vote to get the money back and the shares would redeem for 10 eventually?

You don't get the $10 plus interest back until after the SPAC period expires and the organization liquidates the trust back to the Common holders. SPAC common prices go below $10 pre-merger when investors decide they're better off getting 9.00 or 9.50 now instead of 10.25 in a year or something. It's rare but it happens when the merger target sucks rear end or a big LOI/rumor is called off.

CCIV was at or below $10 for a while at the end of last year. The price movement if the Lucid deal falls through would be.... interesting

:gibs:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

OldSenileGuy posted:

This, meaning what? The second part? About selling now and buying back into Lucid after merger?

I hope so because I already sold at 59. Either way, can’t complain about 130% return.

Sorry. Definitely better IMO to sell either now or after DA and lock in profits, then get back in after it cools down. The price is just hanging on the edge of an abyss until the DA drops.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

why is ETAC bold in the OP spreadsheet

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

PokeJoe posted:

why is ETAC bold in the OP spreadsheet

Because I did it at work in a hurry, okay

(I'll fix it next time, sorry) :smithfrog:

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

my buddy trying to convince me I should sell some April $45 puts for 1200 a pop

edit CCIV

skybolt_1
Oct 21, 2010
Fun Shoe

Arzakon posted:

This is why you don't market order on warrants. Someone put in a market order for more warrants than the order book had at a reasonable price and they got filled at someone's ridiculous ask designed to trap someone placing a dumb order.

edit: Yep, someone placed a market order and ended up buying 2427 warrants at an average price of $13.39. Just lit $26K on fire. Current ask is $7.50 if you want to be a naughty boy put 1 of those warrants up for $2.7 and the rest of them up at $7.49 and see if you can be a bad person too.

This needs more love here I was totally unaware this was a thing.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Arzakon posted:

it's wild to me that a site or app would default to anything but limit

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
I have some extensive technical analysis of FUSE to share.

It blows, and I sold it because it blows.

There you go, hope this helps everyone in their future trading.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Nice. That was a breath of fresh air from my Zacks/MotleyFool/Other articles on "Hot stocks to buy in 2021" that ends up being Microsoft, Tesla, Google, Apple and Amazon.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
wondering if cciv will close above 60 tomorrow

nice to see gik up 10% today, hope it continues to ramp now

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Shappa posted:

I have some extensive technical analysis of FUSE to share.

It blows, and I sold it because it blows.

There you go, hope this helps everyone in their future trading.

He sold?

PUMP EEEEET

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school

FistEnergy posted:

He sold?

PUMP EEEEET

Oh I'm well aware I'm waking up to FUSE at like 13-14 tomorrow. I've accepted it and moved on.

And by "moved on" I mean I deleted the ticker from my feeds and will try to stick my head in the sand as much as possible and ignore it forever until someone sneak attacks me with "FUSE TO DA MOON" news, at which point I will feel the sads.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
I only got 2 shares into ALTU before they were rumored to be in talks with Aerion. Shoulda freed up more cash!

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Dang, missed ALTU by one day. Them's the breaks!

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Aerion doesn't seem like the kind of business I want to really invest in. Money way far out, like years and years. At least with EV busses you're making money soon.

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Feb 18, 2021

Girbot
Jan 13, 2009

a Loving Dog posted:

i chickened out and cancelled it when it hit 59.50, hope i dont regret that. I am playing with only profit here so not a HUGE deal but i would like more money of course

Trailing stop?

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

thats not candy posted:

wondering if cciv will close above 60 tomorrow

This guy @doebop on stocktwits predicted yesterday that it would hit $50+ today, and predicted today that it'll hit $66 tomorrow, and he's using some pretty fancy charts. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

That being said, maybe I should just put a limit sell on my warrants for $100 and see if anyone grabs them on a market buy and be done with this.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

So I called the broker, apparently MTACU and NVSAU are 'banned for trading on this platform'.

I assume that is because the warrants are involved which is presumably because they don't have anyone capable of exercising them.

Companies here often spit out options or purchase rights for their shareholders, I'm assuming US companies do the same so I'm not sure how I'd deal with those with this broker if I ever wanted to partake.

Might be time to look into a better broker.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

What broker are you using?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

mightygerm posted:

What broker are you using?

I was using NABTrade which is the brokerage attached to one of the banks here. Originally I used CommSec which is essentially the same thing but at one of their competitor banks and with brutal trading fees.

Now I've switched to CMC which seems like it's a far more dedicated trading platform rather than something tacked onto the side of a bank. But it's 5 days until my account gets approved for trading US shares. It also lets me trade Canadian shares which means far more weedstocks are available and possibly that FTRP shroomstock too.