Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

hahahahah....she's just openly twirling her villain mustache now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

SchnorkIes posted:

You have the boomers and chuds handle lunch duty

i have no idea if theyll ask me to do lunch duty but if they do ill just loving quit. doubt it’ll be hard to find open teaching positions in the fall, probably in a better paying district too.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

he'll be running taints in hell, rip

About time SA took a stand against rapists

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
So annoyed. We've come down with some bug at our house. Even the cats are sick with a respiratory thing. Of course my brain immediately thinks I'm dying of covid (I'm not) so just to be clear I'm getting a test tomorrow. Since the days blur together I'm having to go through my posts and pictures to piece together where I've been

Would like a single day where my fight or flight responses are not set off

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

facetoucher cat posted:

So annoyed. We've come down with some bug at our house. Even the cats are sick with a respiratory thing. Of course my brain immediately thinks I'm dying of covid (I'm not) so just to be clear I'm getting a test tomorrow. Since the days blur together I'm having to go through my posts and pictures to piece together where I've been

Isn't this your like sixth weird non covid

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

facetoucher cat posted:

These stupid murder weather systems keep making the barometer go straight up then straight down then repeat the last few days and today I woke up with some congestion and an all day headache. Even felt a little dizzy earlier too! Pretty sure it's just the weather because I'm not sure I've ever seen the pressure slope that steep before, but yeah, cool to wonder about every off day for over a year and counting

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

i've had at least 3 hangovers in the past year that i was certain were covid

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

SchnorkIes posted:

Isn't this your like sixth weird non covid

Yes. My anxiety is so absurdly stupid it makes me physically ill. I used to hike 10 to 20 miles a week and now I hardly walk down the stairs. I've been trying to get help from anyone but am literally turned away for being TOO hosed up. That in turn makes a vicious cycle of being told I'm a POS from a professional so it makes me feel 10x worse and so it begins again. As dumb as it sounds the only thing that keeps me from crying nonstop is reading you all's lovely posts

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Forseti posted:

These stupid murder weather systems keep making the barometer go straight up then straight down then repeat the last few days and today I woke up with some congestion and an all day headache. Even felt a little dizzy earlier too! Pretty sure it's just the weather because I'm not sure I've ever seen the pressure slope that steep before, but yeah, cool to wonder about every off day for over a year and counting

Oh yeah we're getting possible tornadoes tonight with flooding so lmao

The weather is dumb. Thank you. This helped for some reason

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Backcountry posted:

just found out 2 more family friends have died from COVID

that’s awful, sorry :(

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

facetoucher cat posted:

Yes. My anxiety is so absurdly stupid it makes me physically ill. I used to hike 10 to 20 miles a week and now I hardly walk down the stairs. I've been trying to get help from anyone but am literally turned away for being TOO hosed up. That in turn makes a vicious cycle of being told I'm a POS from a professional so it makes me feel 10x worse and so it begins again. As dumb as it sounds the only thing that keeps me from crying nonstop is reading you all's lovely posts

gently caress. hang in there friendo

at least there’s a lot of lovely posts here, mine included :unsmith:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wtf happened with taintrunner exactly?? sorry I am way behind and don't know where to easily see the answer.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Chamale posted:

The admins aren't sharing what they have, but it's apparently enough to convince them. You can read Taintrunner's unconvincing rebuttal here: https://twitter.com/jeevesmeister

he got his jeeves meisted

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

empty whippet box posted:

wtf happened with taintrunner exactly?? sorry I am way behind and don't know where to easily see the answer.

It came out that he was a rereg of a guy who got ran off leftist twitter for raping two women

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

facetoucher cat posted:

This is part of why I keep a daily journal - even if you don't get into any depth with feelings and thoughts and all that stuff you can at least write down where you went and what you did just so you remember for "contact tracing" purposes.

I usually end my entries with "3 days since I went to so-and-so mall, 8 days since I went to so-and-so store" and stop tracking it after 14 days.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

facetoucher cat posted:

I don't think that sounds dumb at all. This is one of the few places where COVID is discussed unfiltered through a neoliberal or conservative lens, so it isn't a screaming contest between open 'er up vs. open 'er up. Our lens is perhaps a bit on the pessimistic side from time to time, but it is certainly more in line with reality and it gives some comfort that "no" you are not insane for thinking kids are plague rats, that this could all have been avoided or that airborne doesn't mean 6 feet distance is safe. You are being gaslighted by the powers that be.

This in turn gives some semblance of feeling in control: You can trust your own judgement and it is simply the heuristics of the suckers that drive them to think Cuomo is a good leader, that Fauci is a hero or that schools are anything but deathtraps.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

This is part of why I keep a daily journal - even if you don't get into any depth with feelings and thoughts and all that stuff you can at least write down where you went and what you did just so you remember for "contact tracing" purposes.

I usually end my entries with "3 days since I went to so-and-so mall, 8 days since I went to so-and-so store" and stop tracking it after 14 days.

I keep a daily journal too

https://forums.somethingawful.com/query.php?action=posthistory&userid=35304

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

endlessmonotony posted:

All reregs are bastards.

arab?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Facebook turned off all news links in Australia because the government tried to make them pay for content. Where are chuds going to get their misinformation now? other than every traditional news source that is owned by Super Murdoch

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

It needs work, that acronym is a problem.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Facebook turned off all news links in Australia because the government tried to make them pay for content. Where are chuds going to get their misinformation now? other than every traditional news source that is owned by Super Murdoch

My experience hasn't been that they are great on sourcing stuff, so I assume the answer is still Facebook.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

covid test negative :toot:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I just realised Rupert Murdoch got auto corrected to Super Murdoch. I'm going to keep it.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Spergin Morlock posted:

covid test negative :toot:

congratulations!

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Fitzy Fitz posted:

There are 3.7 million teachers in the US, and we are averaging about 1.7 million vaccine doses per day.

Doesn't really mean that much imo

Nowhere in the US in a position to just turn on a dime when it comes to their priorities and a lot of those 1.7 million doses are people who need second shots. You've also got scheduling backups that are 3+ weeks long in a lot of places, so first doses would probably take weeks to roll out even in places that were willing to prioritize educators above everyone else.

Fauci is totally right that it's "unworkable" when you understand that "workable" only includes options that get schools open everywhere before May. We could probably do it if we had a federally administered and coordinated vaccine program, but, welp.

Paradoxish has issued a correction as of 03:18 on Feb 18, 2021

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
They've given teachers "access" to vaccines at best most places, very few are doing the shots at work

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast
Thank you for your great post Pingui and Cat Facetoucher - I hope you feel better soon.

Really glad there is a place to hold up the doom for inspection and to allow some collective illusion of understanding and control.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

evil motherfucker

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Agrajag posted:

evil motherfucker

Pretty sure there were people in *this very forum* who were excited about Lori Lightfoot.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Blitter posted:

Thank you for your great post Pingui and Cat Facetoucher - I hope you feel better soon.

Really glad there is a place to hold up the doom for inspection and to allow some collective illusion of understanding and control.

Yeah. It's greatly appreciated. I'm going to keep a journal of my crazy and sell it as a YA novel but put sexy cryptids in it

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1362223574023553024?s=19

Wasn't this reported earlier?

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
second edition of American Crisis is gonna have a very different vibe in the forward

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Pretty sure there were people in *this very forum* who were excited about Lori Lightfoot.

really? Like my hazy recollection of anyone even talking about the Chicago mayoral election was that "okay, she's black and she's lesbian, but also she's a cop and is probably going to be completely loving awful"

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Believe Science!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

did she run on a leftist campaign or something?

cause everything ive seen of her, from this thread, is her being super evil as hell

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

gradenko_2000 posted:

really? Like my hazy recollection of anyone even talking about the Chicago mayoral election was that "okay, she's black and she's lesbian, but also she's a cop and is probably going to be completely loving awful"

She made a bunch of feel good semi progressive promises, rahm was hated by tons of people, and she was the only candidate out of dozens not obviously knee deep in corruption ( people didn't realize corruption is necessary for a functioning chicago)

She had some decent stuff like a fair workweek (can't reschedule people last minute) that didn't get implemented very well , then she kept picking fights over stupid poo poo nonstop and it went to hell

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

mastershakeman posted:

She made a bunch of feel good semi progressive promises, rahm was hated by tons of people, and she was the only candidate out of dozens not obviously knee deep in corruption ( people didn't realize corruption is necessary for a functioning chicago)

what promises did she make?

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

My cat died, young and unexpectedly, today. I post this not because it was COVID, but because COVID prevented me from being in the room to comfort her as she died. Thank you, world. Thank you for extending this madness. Thank you for robbing me of the experience of saying goodbye to my friend.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Agrajag posted:

what promises did she make?

Restoring the shuttered mental health clinics is the big one

https://www.chicagoreader.com/chica...impression=true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
This is a fun story about a library near me that had an outbreak in January:

https://www.ctinsider.com/news/ctpost/article/I-knew-I-needed-to-fight-Library-director-15954211.php

Eight staff members positive. Five hospitalized. One dead. This article doesn't discuss it, but a bunch of other cases were traced back directly back to this. Everyone masked up, but of course once you're in a closed environment like this it's pretty much game over.

It's not a remarkable story or anything, but I thought it was interesting since it's a good example of this getting into a workplace and just getting literally everyone sick.