Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

I will tend to get them two colonies, but once they want me transporting troops for them, I tell the Dathnak to gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Does the Awful Association mod require Lithoids and Necroids? Used to work for me, now it doesn't.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
This may be a silly thing to worry about, but something in my mod setup means Saturn no longer has rings?
I'm thinking it might be Guilli's Planet Modifiers, likely in combination with real sol textures.

It seems to me that something changes the ring graphics into depending on a planetary feature (since adding or removing the Has Ring trait via console doesn't make a difference), and GPM has features involving ring systems.
However, I can't add planetary features to Sol system planets.

I may be way off base in all this - I have 0 experience with coding - but the absence of rings on Saturn really vexes me, so...

Does anyone have a suggestion/solution/workaround for adding planetary features to planets in the Sol system?
I've tried messing with the solar system initializer file, but can't directly find the place where fixed planetary deposits are decided. Seems to be related to a code flag attached to the planet, but I can't find where their definitions are stored.

Update: Found out how to add the modifier. Didn't help. How do I add a visible planetary ring to a planet!? The planets in Barnard's star have ring systems, so it isn't just that all ring graphics have been turned off.

Bobfly fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Feb 17, 2021

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

GPM doesn't really interact with planet graphics very much. i would suspect something like real space - perhaps the planet is bigger than it should be and the rings are too small so they end up inside the planet, graphically?

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
I don't know the mechanism, but judging from other people's comments, real space system scale seems to be the culprit, yeah.
Super weird that it doesn't affect randomly generated systems, though.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

real space has a lot of problems like that. it's dope as hell but the cost of using it (with or without system scale) is that occasionally you will find hilariously missized stellar objects, such as a star that (graphically) occupies the entire system. you can still zoom *inside* of the star to see the planets so it's not debilitating, but it is weird.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
poo poo I randomly get stars being shown the size of nebula without mods.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Is there a prerequisite I'm not aware of that prevents migration treaties? I rolled a super diplomatic race and civics and have a few other empires at 200-300 Opinion but none of them have migration treaty as an option on the diplomacy screen.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
You need to have a non-aggression pact with them at least. They also can't be Despoilers or Gestalts or Inward Perfection.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That can't be right, I keep getting offered migration treaties despite not having any kind deals with the AI.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Poil posted:

That can't be right, I keep getting offered migration treaties despite not having any kind deals with the AI.

yeah the non aggression thing is wrong, fairly sure. You just need to have enough relationship points (if you hover over the thing it'll tell you why they don't want one, the ones that can't have them will either have a special tooltip or -1000 to it or something)

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Is there a prerequisite I'm not aware of that prevents migration treaties? I rolled a super diplomatic race and civics and have a few other empires at 200-300 Opinion but none of them have migration treaty as an option on the diplomacy screen.

Is this on console? For me all treaties are always there as an option, but greyed out with a tooltip explaining why not, such as "requires good relations" or "they are a hive mind".

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

New Dev Diary - Galactic Imperium Revoke the Privilegia -> Renovatio Imperii in my Stellaris

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I understand the FA switch but continue to dislike how authoritarianism locks you out of space communism.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

canepazzo posted:

New Dev Diary - Galactic Imperium Revoke the Privilegia -> Renovatio Imperii in my Stellaris

Yes, this is very good, and imho should have been part of Federations from release.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

It's also a bit odd that something like this (basically a massive game changer) basically REQUIRES Federations.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Does it explicitly require Federations? I can't see that anywhere. Remember that a pared-down version of the Galactic Council exists in Vanilla now.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Serephina posted:

Does it explicitly require Federations? I can't see that anywhere. Remember that a pared-down version of the Galactic Council exists in Vanilla now.

Oh, does it?

Forgot about that.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
It tends to go like this:
1) here's some new free things, and a new feature that's DLC only
2) a bit of the DLC feature is now in vanilla so we can sell other parts in another DLC, but lol @ the idea of backporting old DLC features into the new frameworks
3) OK this thing is now spread across like five DLCs so interactions and AI use is pretty much a crapshoot
4) repeat 1 through 3 in random order

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Phosphine posted:

Is this on console? For me all treaties are always there as an option, but greyed out with a tooltip explaining why not, such as "requires good relations" or "they are a hive mind".

PC but usually it’s like that for me too. On this game though I don’t even have the option on the tooltip whatsoever.

My pops are taking like 3 years to grow on each planet and I need some new blood dammit!

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Torrannor posted:

Yes, this is very good, and imho should have been part of Federations from release.

Beyond lowering imperial authority or whatever, I better be able to illicitly fund rebel fleets, or even restripe my own and use them to attack imperial forces.

MatteusTheCorrupt
Nov 1, 2010

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Both you and your partner must be independent, i:e not a subject. I ran across this as a scion, but other subjects require the same. But I think that your subjects/overlord are exempt from this.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

MatteusTheCorrupt posted:

Both you and your partner must be independent, i:e not a subject. I ran across this as a scion, but other subjects require the same. But I think that your subjects/overlord are exempt from this.

Ah yep that'll do it. I'm trying Scion for the first time. Thanks for clearing that up! Wish my Fallen Empire would send some dudes over but the 6K fleet that they gave me around year 10 sure helped keep peace in my region.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Are Scions also exempt from Precursor events? Have yet to have a chain pop up but I imagine it's because I'm already pals with the fallen empire.

MatteusTheCorrupt
Nov 1, 2010
Nah, that's just you being unlucky with the events/anomalies.
Although if you have run out of things to survey it is a problem.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Nah, that's just you being unlucky with the events/anomalies.
Although if you have run out of things to survey it is a problem.

That's weird because i've surveyed a huge chunk of my end of the galaxy and it's 2260. In all my other games, Precursor chains popped very early on. Are system traits set at the beginning of a game, or does the game roll some RNG everytime a science ship pulls up?

MatteusTheCorrupt
Nov 1, 2010
Bit of both for precursors.
As I understand it, the game will have an area where the precursor anomalies can spawn, and the first time you survey something in that area it will cause an event which tells you which precursor you got.
If it is the archeology precursors, they also create the first archeology project, but can only occur on valid planets.

After that it is just surveying spacethings until you get the anomalies, but they will only spawn in the chosen area.

Edit:
In older versions of stellaris, the precursors had predetermined areas on the map where they could spawn, but this made people start scum for their desired precursor (the first league or Cybrex in those days).
So they made it so that the galaxy map is randomly rotated upon game creation, so the areas are still there, you just no longer have any idea of where. (this part is hearsay, so it might be wrong, but the areas are still there, and you can no longer guess which precursor you will find.)

Edit 2:
Heres an old reddit post with a map of precursors from back in the day:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/a5ovdg/after_learning_that_precursors_spawn_in/

MatteusTheCorrupt fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Feb 18, 2021

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Honestly I cannot fault anyone for save scumming away from the loving yuht, again.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

canepazzo posted:

Finally, my eternal machine empire can force those dumb, stupid organics to be at peace. (At gun point.)

However, for playing said organics, I'd like a more democratic version of this, it kind of sucks to only have the option of "don't do it".

But nice for a regular machine empire. No reason to deal with organics automatically being plugged into power plants. Just make bio-vassals and then drag them into your new mechanoid utopia. :v:

Though technically, if you form the Galactic Imperium, haven't you won the game and can just stop playing? :confused:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Libluini posted:

Though technically, if you form the Galactic Imperium, haven't you won the game and can just stop playing? :confused:
Assuming you defeat the rebels yeah, and I think that's the point. Stellaris has always been a kind of "Well I guess I'm done with this map" game so they're introducing more ways to wrap things up with a bang.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Splicer posted:

I understand the FA switch but continue to dislike how authoritarianism locks you out of space communism.

Indeed, you'd think it would be a requirement.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I use the Known Precursors mod. Saves me the trouble of startscumming.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

Beyond lowering imperial authority or whatever, I better be able to illicitly fund rebel fleets, or even restripe my own and use them to attack imperial forces.

Create "volunteers" or "expeditionary force" mechanic similar to the one from HoI4. Like you can send a certain percentage of your total fleet power to go assist and either control them or give up control to the assisted faction.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Poil posted:

Honestly I cannot fault anyone for save scumming away from the loving yuht, again.

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous how uneven the Precursors rewards are. Getting a free Relic World or Ring World is just light years better than "+1 Pop on new worlds". It seems pretty clear to me that they should be showcasing their endgame content by tying megastructure rewards to each of the Precursors.

Kaal fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Feb 18, 2021

MatteusTheCorrupt
Nov 1, 2010
Let's see here...
Vultaum would probably get the sentry array or research complex.
The first league could get the envoy thingie.
Cybrex already got a ringworld.
Yuht I dunno. The unity thing
Irassia could get something useful for a imperialistic civ, like the mega-shipyard or the strategic coordination center.
Baul would get nothing, as you already get a huge planet and a relic, but if pressed I would give them whatever Irassia didn't get as something from the Grunur.
Zroni I also don't know.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

the zroni should give a special psionic megastructure that lets you mess with the shroud in incredibly ill-advised ways

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

Kind of divided about the Galactic Imperium stuff. It all sounds good and cool but by that time I usually completely dominate the galaxy anyways. There is virtually now way some rebel fraction could even register as a dot on my radar. Unless they somehow rebalange the entire mid-game, this will have no effect on my games, whatsoever

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I don't see myself ever playing long enough (performance lol and/or just winning too hard) so the dlc is an easy miss for me.

Jazerus posted:

the zroni should give a special psionic megastructure that lets you mess with the shroud in incredibly ill-advised ways
You had me at incredibly ill-advised.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
Not particularly a big fan of how you apparently must join the imperium. If your federation is strong enough, and dislikes the proposed emperor enough, you should absolutely be able to opt out of the galactic community at that point and go it alone. At that point there should be a CB to bring those who seceded in line, and likewise the option for the empires that left to destabilize the empire or join the rebellion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Let's see here...
Vultaum would probably get the sentry array or research complex.
The first league could get the envoy thingie.
Cybrex already got a ringworld.
Yuht I dunno. The unity thing
Irassia could get something useful for a imperialistic civ, like the mega-shipyard or the strategic coordination center.
Baul would get nothing, as you already get a huge planet and a relic, but if pressed I would give them whatever Irassia didn't get as something from the Grunur.
Zroni I also don't know.

That all makes sense to me.

The Vultaum getting the Sentry Array would be good, the events talk about how they are scanning the galaxy.
The First League getting the Interstellar Assembly is more appropriate as well.
The Cybrex getting the Ringworld already works and doesn't need to be changed.
The Yuht talk about creating a massive museum to showcase how unique they are, which would be the Mega Art Installation.
The Irrassians getting the Strategic Coordination Center would be great, they talk about how it was key to their power.
The Baol should get a Mega Shipyard abandoned by their attackers, it is totally reasonable.
The Zroni should get a Relic World, I was totally expecting that their "Major Colony" would be one.

And that would leave three existing megastructures (Dyson Sphere, Matter Decompressor, Science Nexus) for any future precursor DLCs. Plus there's the possibility for stuff like a system with multiple Habitats, or a set of Gateways that can be placed. While they're at it, fix the Zroni and the Baol so that they are usually going to spawn within your borders.

Kaal fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Feb 18, 2021