Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

RCarr posted:

That’s pretty pedantic, considering you can just instance it.

You can instance it once a week. The goats aren’t up on DZ spawn, and are not guaranteed to spawn in the 6 hours the DZ can last. You will get Cyno and Zoo, but goats takes dedication to sit someone in the instance for a while to prime it.

Open world goats are up every 4-10ish hours. If you want to gear out your entire guild, plus raid boxes, in a minimum of Qvic armor, you’ll need to camp open world, or else have the ability to prime the DZs every week.

e: same with Txevu. The Ixts and Aneuks are ~20ish hour spawns. If you want the BP/Legs, you camo open world spawns because the DZ cooldown is 6.5 days.

When BT left GoD, loot priority on BP and Legs were hitting non-raid alts. So you’re not wrong with the pedantry, however, 6 months removed from it, it’s in an awful lot of people’s top 3 times on the server when they post their quitting/retiring messages. And these are people who lived for the competition of OW targets and racing to bosses and poo poo.

koreban fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Feb 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Looks like they're making some changes to some epic choke points after many years of complaining from players.

quote:

*** Quests & Events ***

- Paladin and Rogue Epic: Reduced the respawn time for the Oracle of K'Arnon from about 7 hours to 2 hours.
- Paladin Epic: Lich of Miragul will now spawn thirty-five hours after being killed. There will now be a delay for between five and fourteen hours before it will spawn for the first time.
- Druid and Ranger Epic: Venril Sathir's remains will spawn every twenty hours instead of just over twenty-six hours. This will increase the window to access this NPC for quest hand-ins.
- Magician Epic: Undertow (and its placeholder) will spawn every six hours instead of just over seven hours.
- Monk Epic changes:
- - Increased the chance for Targin the Rock from 5 percent to 15 percent and Raster of Guk from 2 percent to 10 percent.
- - Brother Zephyl, Brother Qwinn, Ran'un, Brother Velan Torresk, and Thena Lonnes have grown in strength. They are much more dangerous. Also, persons killing these folks will be greatly disliked by monk factions.
- Rogue Epic changes:
- - Eldreth will now return after leaving for one hour rather than eight. He can no longer be killed by miscreants.
- - Founy Jesthands and Tani N'Mar will no longer have any parchment on their corpses if killed. They will, however, always have them in their pockets if someone happens to be clever enough to take them.
- - Renux Heranor will no longer carry a Jagged Diamond Dagger.
- - General V'ghera will no longer carry a Cazic Quill.
- - Karg IceBear will be a bit easier to find and will be carrying the Gigantic Zweihander more often.
- Enchanter Epic changes:
- - Vessel Drozlin and Wraith of Shissar will now respawn nine hours after being killed and from five to fourteen hours after zone or server reset.
- - Verina Tomb will now respawn thirteen hours after being killed and from five to fourteen hours after zone or server reset.
- - The One Key, Lost Scroll, and Charm and Sacrifice have had their respawn time reduced from twenty-four to five hours.
- Shadowknight epic changes:
- - Caradon will now spawn 8 hours after being killed and from five to fourteen hours after a zone or server reset.
- - Lhranc will now spawn 13 hours after being killed and from five to fifteen hours after a zone or server reset.
- - NPCs involved in the quest for Innoruuk's Curse can now see things that are invisible. They will only deal with people they like.
- Wizard Epic: Broken golem will now spawn 8 hours after being killed and from four to twelve hours after a zone or server reset.

As I person who never remotely had a chance to beat the farmers to get a free monk robe, I find those changes very funny.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Solarin posted:

Looks like they're making some changes to some epic choke points after many years of complaining from players.

Hah! It only took, what, twenty years?

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Ugh, this TLP I did shaman, (my GF's) shadow knight, wizard twice and got 3 kills on verona tomb, 2 kills on vessel drozzlin and 3 kills on wraith of shissar. The low point was coordinating on comms with 4 people to open trades with the competition when Lhranc spawned to block them from completing the turn in.

This is a good set of changes, but I think they forgot about Kurron Ni, the 36 hour spawn to start the SK epic. Which I also killed when we didn't really need to.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
For mage epic smoothing out undertow while overlooking quillmane is just lol. You straight up can’t engage with the quillmane part of the quest in the old fashioned way. On Aradune During the day it’s perma camped by a euro krono farmer using maps. Your only shot is in the unholy early hours when the zone is empty and you really need to know what you’re doing and not have anyone loving around killing trash in order to make the most of your tiny window.

Compared to that lowering the spawn time over undertow one hour is just a joke. Imo not even a bottleneck you can hit it with a stop watch or find him in a DZ and solo. But quillmane is a lot trickier because of its wacky spawn setup and because of lovely krono farmers.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Solarin posted:

quote:

NPCs involved in the quest for Innoruuk's Curse can now see things that are invisible. They will only deal with people they like.

This actually makes the SK epic take considerably longer since you’ll actually have to faction grind instead of popping a potion with a trade window open

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Hot drat fixing the broken golem after so drat long? Never really played any class seriously other than wizard and finding the golem up and beating someone to the turn in was one of the worst bits of my time on Mangler and Live. TLPs just have people farming that poo poo for selling MQs on ectunnel.com all the time. But now it looks like you could open a DZ and have a 2 hour window at the end where you could get a broken golem for your guild wizard, just gotta have a group sitting keeping the DZ open for a few hours if OW is full of shitheels.

And yeah the spellshield job is a single wizard job. Set a GINA or audio trigger for spellshield wearing off and recast as you get triggers. It's once every 30 seconds? Are you guys on Aradune/Rizlona doing the emp encounter legit or are you using the warp and kite method?

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Fanelien posted:

Hot drat fixing the broken golem after so drat long? Never really played any class seriously other than wizard and finding the golem up and beating someone to the turn in was one of the worst bits of my time on Mangler and Live. TLPs just have people farming that poo poo for selling MQs on ectunnel.com all the time. But now it looks like you could open a DZ and have a 2 hour window at the end where you could get a broken golem for your guild wizard, just gotta have a group sitting keeping the DZ open for a few hours if OW is full of shitheels.

And yeah the spellshield job is a single wizard job. Set a GINA or audio trigger for spellshield wearing off and recast as you get triggers. It's once every 30 seconds? Are you guys on Aradune/Rizlona doing the emp encounter legit or are you using the warp and kite method?

The first few times TEB warped the adds downstairs but you can't warp emp anymore. But I think next DZ we're doing it legit.

The first kill was.like 20 people in room (just clerics, caster DPS, tanks, anyone with a weapon), everyone else downstairs.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

My guild wasn't racing in any way so we had no time pressure besides 'don't lose two VT instances'. We focused emp keys and had like 70 players keyed by the first Saturday and did a normal kill. The racing guilds seemed to go for VT shards out of the gate so it seemed like it alleviated some pressure in ssra. It was still a shitshow but not as high octane as it gets when the top end competitive folks are involved (which is what I remember it being from my Coirnav Luclin experience).

Anywho I lost power the night before our second emp and first VT clear Sunday so missed it after all the keying rush poo poo so gently caress me! Besides that, had a pretty good time with the game this expansion opening

Solarin fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Feb 17, 2021

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
That happened to me too, ice storm got us bad. Still no electricity at home, but I managed to attend our emp kill and VT run from our motel room at least. The key rushing is the most toxic I’ve seen EQ get so I was both relieved to be done with it and excited to raid the content. There were some other players that got ice stormed that had to get creative with hotspots and finding a generator to log in.

Still have some guildies finishing keys guilting the early birds for some help so I still get pulled into shard farming groups occasionally and every time it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Kind of just want to trade skill and play the actual game now. There’s a pretty sweet tradeskillers quest in PoP that I never finished first time around, figure I’ll start in on that and skilling up research. That really sweet 10% research mod robe dropped on our VT run but the necros actually wanted it for its other effects so I couldn’t justify a For Funsies bid on it.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
The VT keying has really sucked but it was cool doing VT. I only played up until luclin came out originally so this is all new content for me. I came outta there with the AHR robe so I guess all the toxicity was worth it? Now I need to key my ranger and I can’t really face fungus grove again but maybe things will calm down soon.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Yiggy posted:

That happened to me too, ice storm got us bad. Still no electricity at home, but I managed to attend our emp kill and VT run from our motel room at least. The key rushing is the most toxic I’ve seen EQ get so I was both relieved to be done with it and excited to raid the content. There were some other players that got ice stormed that had to get creative with hotspots and finding a generator to log in.

this is making me feel extremely casual for not having a back up plan to make it to the raid. The keying is hilariously toxic, I gotta agree with you. I hope they alleviate some of the pain points because I absolutely hate the pseudo PvP poo poo of stronger guilds rolling weaker guilds for PvE content. At least for Luclin keys the choke points decongest relatively quickly.

Yiggy posted:

There’s a pretty sweet tradeskillers quest in PoP that I never finished first time around, figure I’ll start in on that and skilling up research. That really sweet 10% research mod robe dropped on our VT run but the necros actually wanted it for its other effects so I couldn’t justify a For Funsies bid on it.

I'd really like to do these quests once just to check them out, but trades are a little maddening for me. I was helping a guildmate out by supplying crystallized sulfur for their research and it sounded like leveling that was just straight burning huge sums of platinum.

rally posted:

The VT keying has really sucked but it was cool doing VT. I only played up until luclin came out originally so this is all new content for me. I came outta there with the AHR robe so I guess all the toxicity was worth it? Now I need to key my ranger and I can’t really face fungus grove again but maybe things will calm down soon.

Is your in-game name similar to your forums name? My experience with later expansion shard camps was it was pretty calm if you can get in there outside of prime time. FG remains the crappiest camp, I think they could comfortably quadruple the drop rate there and it would still be a task to get one.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Seems the more toxic the guild, the more recruiting they do. Expand continually in the only mantra until they eventually implode with drama - usually the guild leader/officers cheating the DKP or outright stealing the guild bank.

One common dkp cheat is retrospectively adding themselves onto older raids to add some dkp, or repricing downwards what they paid for things - again from months ago so no-one remembers.

Assigning key parts or flags space to their alts ahead of raid mains is also a very popular option.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Solarin posted:

this is making me feel extremely casual for not having a back up plan to make it to the raid. The keying is hilariously toxic, I gotta agree with you. I hope they alleviate some of the pain points because I absolutely hate the pseudo PvP poo poo of stronger guilds rolling weaker guilds for PvE content. At least for Luclin keys the choke points decongest relatively quickly.

I'd really like to do these quests once just to check them out, but trades are a little maddening for me. I was helping a guildmate out by supplying crystallized sulfur for their research and it sounded like leveling that was just straight burning huge sums of platinum.

Is your in-game name similar to your forums name? My experience with later expansion shard camps was it was pretty calm if you can get in there outside of prime time. FG remains the crappiest camp, I think they could comfortably quadruple the drop rate there and it would still be a task to get

No, my main is Geebsy ( sorry if I pushed you out of a shard camp any time since luclin opened ).

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

rally posted:

No, my main is Geebsy ( sorry if I pushed you out of a shard camp any time since luclin opened ).

Oh I should have been less vague in that question. I just thought you might be in my guild based on your forum name and the item you mentioned getting.

For the most part my keying wasn't super toxic, most of the few camp conflicts I was involved in personally were with people from the higher end guilds so at least it didn't feel as lovely as rolling over the more casual guilds. Though that is something that absolutely was being done by other members of my guild... so I still really hope they detoxify the keying by the next time I'm stupid enough to participate in it about two years from now.

My in game shaman is Sabado with Nothing But Nice so shoot a tell if you need a focus in nexus or want to tell me a guildie did some terrible poo poo!

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009

Solarin posted:

Oh I should have been less vague in that question. I just thought you might be in my guild based on your forum name and the item you mentioned getting.

For the most part my keying wasn't super toxic, most of the few camp conflicts I was involved in personally were with people from the higher end guilds so at least it didn't feel as lovely as rolling over the more casual guilds. Though that is something that absolutely was being done by other members of my guild... so I still really hope they detoxify the keying by the next time I'm stupid enough to participate in it about two years from now.

My in game shaman is Sabado with Nothing But Nice so shoot a tell if you need a focus in nexus or want to tell me a guildie did some terrible poo poo!

Finally got my 10th shard on Aradune - was having a bit of a sense of humour failure over the the Scarlet Desert and Maiden's Eye shards. At least the Maiden's camp was broadly honoured, but SD was a mess. In the end I ignored the plateau and got it off a random wandering Sun Rev. The Grey was taking the piss - I walked up and the camp was empty. Then someone else turned up so I quickly agro'd 2 of the mobs - and both dropped a shard !

Baconroll fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Feb 19, 2021

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

Solarin posted:

I’m skilling up research right now and it’s brutal. I’m probably down 14k right now and that’s not counting what got me to level 50 spells. I want to research a 60 spell that doesn’t drop and I’m p close and now the limiting factor is pp. Up to a point I just bought vendor solvents for scrolls but now that they’re getting too pricey for skilling I’m cracking into a stash of crystallized sulfur that I had unwittingly saved since I made the character in the bank based on some deep memory of doing this 18 years ago. While some of the spells I research are selling the market is saturated so you can’t really recoup funds.

I’m really kicking myself for not bidding on either of the research mod items that dropped in raids the last week.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
If I remember correctly, a lot of the e.g. Luclin raid spells can't be researched until, like, PoP.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

Some won’t unlock yet but that’s mostly the hyper relevant ones like remove greater curse. Some 60 spells don’t drop and are research only which is where I was at with the mage 60 pet heal.

I got up to 197 and got impatient. Used both of the mats I won on raids but I successfully made the spell and I think I’m done with that tradeskill til pop when PoI makes saltpeter easy.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Yiggy posted:

Some won’t unlock yet but that’s mostly the hyper relevant ones like remove greater curse. Some 60 spells don’t drop and are research only which is where I was at with the mage 60 pet heal.

I got up to 197 and got impatient. Used both of the mats I won on raids but I successfully made the spell and I think I’m done with that tradeskill til pop when PoI makes saltpeter easy.

Pro tip: The first point you put into research at a guild leader gives you skill equal to your level. So don't do any research until you're level 100+ to get lots of free points!

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Also pro tip: never do crafting just give someone a handful of combines and a tip! gently caress research, it’s such a money pit and basically only one is needed per server / raiding guild. If you do research for your guild, they should be giving you piles of plat for it.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

I can see how it could be awful if you just tried to throw money at it for all of the skill ups but I didn’t have so terrible an experience with it. Mage is v well suited for the task and my skill ups and mat collecting was p organic. With AA’s you can push your int cap which really helps, I was at 275 int for my skill up runs which saved me some combines. When I ran out of pp I had an easy time holding down the hill giant hill. When I needed saltpeter farming it was tedious but easy enough (I don’t know who is paying 40pp a piece or 120pp per combine w/ five opportunities for a fail to set you back on a scroll mat but yeah def don’t do that).

In velious era as I was getting to lvl 50 spells easy enough just collecting hides as I exp’d and buying the scroll solutions which aren’t that cost prohibitive at lower levels. It had utility too because pet spells can be p crucial for having a good time as you level. I didn’t gently caress with research again until I wanted this lvl 60 spell. Buying it wasn’t really an option because no copies showed up until like literally 8 hours before I got the skill to just do it myself (I lost the race I guess). The mat for the precombine in baz would occasionally drop to 13k, w/ someone buying them and marking them up to 45k. I lucked out and won them on random rolls in raids.

When it was all said and done I spent less getting the skill up from 100 to 197 than it would have cost to buy the spell at bazaar low once it finally did show up, and now I’ve got my skill ready for PoP. So to me at least it was worth it and I’m glad I did it first in our guild. Y’all are right though, your guild won’t need more than one researcher and I’ve already had several guildies tell me they won’t bother with it since I got there first. Which, fine with me, makes it easier to solicit mats and I’m already collecting parchment for PoP spells.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Anyone got the inside-line on whats going on with levelling over 60 on Luclin on Aradune ? Seems to be lots of talk of some exploit that allows people to go over level 60 and get Vet AAs (and possibly others), and then delevel but keep the AAs.

I've not seen anyone over 60, but if its happening I could see a ban-wave coming like with all the /claim exploits a couple of years ago.

Even if they do ban people I bet the 5 picks of Siren's Grotto are all still up with exactly 13 'people' in each all with the same group make up and similar naming.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Baconroll posted:

Anyone got the inside-line on whats going on with levelling over 60 on Luclin on Aradune ? Seems to be lots of talk of some exploit that allows people to go over level 60 and get Vet AAs (and possibly others), and then delevel but keep the AAs.

I've not seen anyone over 60, but if its happening I could see a ban-wave coming like with all the /claim exploits a couple of years ago.

Even if they do ban people I bet the 5 picks of Siren's Grotto are all still up with exactly 13 'people' in each all with the same group make up and similar naming.

Haven't heard about this, but I've been fairly absent of the game except for weekly DZs and the occasional batphone. If anyone in TEB is doing this, they're not advertising.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Baconroll posted:

I’ve seen it happening ( yellow cons in the deep ) but all I know is that it involves the expansion ticket item somehow. My whole guild pretty much agreed not to touch it with a 10 foot pole since most of us have previous account suspensions from forever ago.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Devs are meant to be looking into it so fingers crossed some of the more toxic people get culled.

On a positive note, 2 weeks of 50% bonus exp from the 16th, plus a free exp potion and an Omthir Fez !

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

that othmir fez looks goddamn hilarious, plus you also get a free hero's forge unlock for your bazaar mule
https://www.everquest.com/news/years-bonus-xp-events-twenty-two-years

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012
Using the expansion ticket seems to treat your character as not being on a TLP until you zone. When a friend gave me one a month or so ago and I used it I gained two extra inventory slots and thought it was neat, then I zoned and they went away and I was sad. It seems that they make a ton of corpses then get leveled back up, use the expansion ticket, then use expedient recovery vet reward (which they have because the xpac ticket until they zone) they get all the xp back and pass max TLP level letting them spend AA on out of era stuff until they zone.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Always good fun to have the dam break on a massive exploit like this. On Coirnav there was an exploit that people were using to be awarded like 150,000 platinum by GMs during the time when krono were about 500p. Good times.

I'm pretty cyclical so I doubt they properly punish people who are heavily abusing this, partially because it's making them money with expansion bundle sales.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I love weird stories about how janky this game is, some day I hope to stumble across a "dumb EQ bugs" compendium so I can be reminded of the stupid garbage that's happened over the last 22 years

the only dumb exploit I remember seeing recently was people farming in the new-ish Crystal Caverns from last expansion by training all the trash mobs into the town and getting the guards and spiders into a big loot-filled brawl

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

PoTactics you could start a war between the 2 factions and somehow get xp for all the kills. Not sure how the guy did it on our server but he was making like 150k+ a year playing EQ and the xp thing in tactics was his big cash cow; well he was making that until he died in a car crash.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

MF_James posted:

PoTactics you could start a war between the 2 factions and somehow get xp for all the kills. Not sure how the guy did it on our server but he was making like 150k+ a year playing EQ and the xp thing in tactics was his big cash cow; well he was making that until he died in a car crash.

oh poo poo I remember doing that! it's been awhile but if I remember right the trick was to charm a spellcaster, send it after a different faction mob then break charm as soon as it starts casting, when the cast completes it aggros the mob then you just start adding mobs to the pile, you could also accomplish this in shadowhaven except it wasn't as valuable

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

blatman posted:

oh poo poo I remember doing that! it's been awhile but if I remember right the trick was to charm a spellcaster, send it after a different faction mob then break charm as soon as it starts casting, when the cast completes it aggros the mob then you just start adding mobs to the pile, you could also accomplish this in shadowhaven except it wasn't as valuable

Yeah, that was it iirc; I'm still not sure how you ended up getting the xp for everything killing each other since you weren't actually doing damage, you were just FD/FM mobs into the pile to keep the war going.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

blatman posted:

I love weird stories about how janky this game is, some day I hope to stumble across a "dumb EQ bugs" compendium so I can be reminded of the stupid garbage that's happened over the last 22 years

I also love these sorts of stories. If anyone has any more from Planes of Power-era EQ in particular I’d love to hear them.

I very vaguely remember there being an exploit that let guilds beat the Rathe Council and flag for Time ahead of everyone else. I’m sure that came with a bunch of drama from the high end guilds.

By the time my guild got there I think the fight had been nerfed so we beat it ahead of PoWater. To this day I don’t think anything in a MMO has matched the rush of finally getting that Plane of Time flag. :3:

Only to spend the next month sitting outside waiting to see if the raid needed to swap me in because Druid in a guild run by Monks :suicide:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
During Planes of Power I was in a pretty casual guild that still raided. We were stuck on Coirnav for months and months. Our leadership, in an effort to motivate us, mandated that we dye our armor bright pink until we finally beat the event. We were pink for months, and everyone on the server recognized what guild we were in just by what color our armor and robes were.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Badass

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Node posted:

During Planes of Power I was in a pretty casual guild that still raided. We were stuck on Coirnav for months and months. Our leadership, in an effort to motivate us, mandated that we dye our armor bright pink until we finally beat the event. We were pink for months, and everyone on the server recognized what guild we were in just by what color our armor and robes were.

this is great but it reminded me of something else dye related, does anyone else remember that period of time just after dyes came out where tanks would dye themselves random bright colors in every slot so their stoned/drunk groupmates could see them easier? those were good times, nice change of pace from the standard of "chest legs one color, wrist boots other color"

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
One of the oldest 'tricks' that I never knew about until it was fixed...when you still had to loot your corpse when you died, there was a method to stop the res timer counting down on the corpse.

So the story goes, if you clicked to loot your corpse then did nothing, eventually you'd timeout and pop off the corpse. The timer on the corpse would then be fixed.

The best 'trick' I never knew about was a bug in very early luclin when they released the new transparent UI. You could open a bag, and then open the inventory window ontop of it. Then click though an inventory slot into the open bag below it, and equip any item in any slot regardless of class or slot restrictions. There were meant to be meeles dual-wielding shuriken of the tranquil (100 dam 20 delay) and melting mobs.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Node posted:

Haha the first thing I did when dyes were released was dyed myself completely hot pink; I was also our designated kiter, so it was easy to see the pink druid streaking around.

My brother ran a barb shaman and had every piece of armor dyed a different bright color, he looked like a loving clown, it was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Here is one only a few people knew that we used to kill PoP/GoD/OoW bosses with a single group.

If you had an instant cast AA like the necro archery skeletons and MGB you could reset those instant cast AAs and cast thousands of them doing massive dps.

The way it worked was you casted your instant AA, you hit MGB, start casting a group spell, cancel that spell. The way it was intended was canceling the cast should reset MGB. The way it was coded was reset all instant AAs.

We cleared PoFire field 2 bosses with a single group in era using a mage pet as the tank (Mend Companion), a cleric, a pally and 3 necros.

EDIT: found a screenshot.

Da Mott Man fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Mar 20, 2021