Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Decided to do some casual scavving last night after not having played for a bit. Every single run I dropped in with about 12 minutes left. I love being able to loot maybe two places then having to book it across the map let me tell you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Cage Kicker posted:

Is there even any reason to spend up to 200k on an M4 or HK when the Vector exists? I started running one to see if the hype is real, and IT IS.

The m4 in particular is dummy expensive. You can pay 50k for the same thing in a MDR. A very decent ak74m or 105 also costs like 65k.

But ye the vector will be better lol

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Well the m4 is less likely to get nerfed, so there's that.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Cage Kicker posted:

Is there even any reason to spend up to 200k on an M4 or HK when the Vector exists? I started running one to see if the hype is real, and IT IS.

probably because the bullets in the m4 or HK are worlds better than 7n31 (or ap63, which is a garbage bullet but everyone uses it for budget), but the beauty of Tarkov is you can run all kinds of things to be successful - no matter what streamers or other goons say. Run a shotgun, or a bolty and an smg - you can make basically anything work in Tarkov. The vector is great fun, and pretty much a laser - but it will always get looted.

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

Me and the player scav who spent nearly a minute whiffing scoped-bolt-action shots from 10 feet away in Factory feel differently.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Toalpaz posted:

The m4 in particular is dummy expensive. You can pay 50k for the same thing in a MDR. A very decent ak74m or 105 also costs like 65k.

But ye the vector will be better lol

The MDR has a fire rate almost as slow as an AK, it is definitely not the same. If you and a guy wearing the same gear start shooting each other, him with an M4 and you with an MDR, you're almost always going to lose unless you head shot him first.

TheTofuShop posted:

probably because the bullets in the m4 or HK are worlds better than 7n31 (or ap63, which is a garbage bullet but everyone uses it for budget)

9x19 AP 6.3 damage 52 pen 30
9x19 7N31 damage 52 pen 39
5.56x39 M856A1 damage 51 pen 37
5.56x39 M855A1 damage 45 pen 43

I don't know where you get your info from but it's dumb and wrong. Also worth considering is the cost of 855A1 and the higher fire rate of the Vector.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Cage Kicker posted:

The MDR has a fire rate almost as slow as an AK, it is definitely not the same. If you and a guy wearing the same gear start shooting each other, him with an M4 and you with an MDR, you're almost always going to lose unless you head shot him first.

I almost always fight people in semi-automatic anyways tbh.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
the only thing better than clean penning armor is firing so many rounds you just destroy it anyway in the same amount of time

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

M856a1 is a bad bullet. Trust me, I love a good SMG, ask in the discord and they'll tell ya how I ran almost all mp9s with ap63 before 7n31 was in existence. Ap63 performs similar to M855, a very bad bullet. The RoF is definitely a factor, and you can drop players with it for sure. Im not saying that folks should always run a 556 platform, or that the smgs are bad value, just saying that the difference in those numbers, while small on the page, are huge in practice. Those few points of difference in pen make a whole lot of difference dealing with higher class armor. In the end, like I said earlier, use what you like. Positioning and smart play can get you kills with any platform

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Also the money you save on the gun will easily be soaked up by ammo. 7n31 is ridiculously expensive for how quickly it pisses out of a vector and the fact you have to spray everyone down.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.
.366 AP is the best budget ammo in the game

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
so in conclusion there is no reason to spend the extra money on an m4 because you still have to use the extremely overpriced bullets apparently anyway so you might as well save money on the platform and tear through people at 1000rpm

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I would say the biggest differentiator is what range you intend to engage at? Sorry if that take isn't hot enough.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Doesn’t include enough uses of the word trash, 2/10 argument.

I’ve been running a kiited out Saiga 12g with slugs lately and murdering fools and if that can work anything can.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

The best advice is to invest in your hideout asap, so you can craft for money, or mine bitcoins, and laugh at the idea of "budget"

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

the m4 is way better than a vector which isn't even cheaper to run. Like it's 90k for the base gun and the good ammo costs way more. Put 15 m995 in the top of your mag and the rest 855a1 and if you live 2 raids with it the ammo savings will have covered the difference. m855a1 is cheap, never use non-vendor bullets in any gun ever.

ninja edit: except perhaps the .338 lapua AP.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Ixtlilton posted:

the m4 is way better than a vector which isn't even cheaper to run. Like it's 90k for the base gun and the good ammo costs way more. Put 15 m995 in the top of your mag and the rest 855a1 and if you live 2 raids with it the ammo savings will have covered the difference. m855a1 is cheap, never use non-vendor bullets in any gun ever.

nah, you also have the ones with disproportionate in-raid presence or crafts costed to make them competitive or cheaper than vendor prices (i.e. 5.45 BT, 7.62x39 BP, 7.62x54R SNB, etc.)

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

im going to load my gun with inferior ammo to spite everyone and prove nothing

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Ixtlilton posted:

vector is better op

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Lapua AP is great for finding like 6 with the FiR tag and instantly making 200k roubles.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
You aren’t going to get 120k vector stats from a 120k m4 either

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
lets put a 97k vector up against a 97k m4

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
I only run stuff I've gotten from scavs and wait till the sweat lords are looting then 1 tap them in the legs with poo poo ammo then sell all their poo poo to fence.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin

MaxPowers posted:

I only run stuff I've gotten from scavs and wait till the sweat lords are looting then 1 tap them in the legs with poo poo ammo then sell all their poo poo to fence.

This is the ultimate power move.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Burned out on this for a while and when I came back was getting owned a lot but now I’m just running scabs on cool down and fuckin around on the internet in between and it’s real nice. Found a Bitcoin on one of those scav runs too

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Stux posted:

lets put a 97k vector up against a 97k m4

Is the vector player or the m4 player better at the game?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Ice Fist posted:

Is the vector player or the m4 player better at the game?

we'll go with reality, the vector player is better at the game and also the m4 player is very scared and refuses to push anyone

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Stux posted:

we'll go with reality, the vector player is better at the game and also the m4 player is very scared and refuses to push anyone

:hmmyes:

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I like the m4 but only with the short 260 barrel

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I like the m4 but only with the short 260 barrel

No... No!

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Stux posted:

The m4 player cowering in a corner has a slick and exfil and the vector player is on every stim in the game and wearing a paca

A Jupiter
Apr 25, 2010

Lorem ipsum posted:

The m4 player cowering in a corner has a slick and exfil and the vector player is on every stim in the game and wearing a paca

vector player is playing on speakers

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

A Jupiter posted:

Feeling the bass is important to my immersion.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

A Jupiter posted:

Yeah well they have to be able to hear the TV.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
you can stack on whatever you want the vector is winning the fight, and we all know it

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Apparently the cost to get solar power was increased from 25k euros to 50k. No changes to the AESAs needed though

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Stux posted:

you can stack on whatever you want the vector is winning the fight, and we all know it

Unless the fight is at 41 meters or more

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Umbreon posted:

Apparently the cost to get solar power was increased from 25k euros to 50k. No changes to the AESAs needed though

Purely punishing the weekend warriors.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Mae posted:

Generally in situations where you can't control being engaged from long range the 7.62x51 guns are the best bet anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Mae posted:

if your legs are gone, you have no painkillers, you have zero stamina, and you are facing down an m4 at 50+ meters in an open field, you would still have a 50/50 shot considering the average skill of the playerbase