Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Kaz Hirai voice: It’s Skyward Sword! Skywaaaaard Sword!

Fifty nine, ninety nine US dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Pablo Nergigante posted:

AverySpecialfriend posted:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Pablo Nergigante posted:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Still loling at the saltiron wars.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Leadthumb posted:

think of the veterans.....

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Bicyclops posted:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Leadthumb posted:

Same with your previous post sir.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Skyward Sword's Impa design is very cool. I also like how Beedle is in a flying shop that's powered by him pedaling a stationary bike. If you look at a price but don't buy something he screams and drops you out a trap door.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Personally I'm happy about Skyward Sword because it's the only Zelda game I couldn't either buy or emulate easily.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

Personally I'm happy about Skyward Sword because it's the only Zelda game I couldn't either buy or emulate easily.

what about four swords

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

what about four swords

It's not listed on the banner at zeldadungeon.net. Ergo, it's not a Zelda game.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

This and legend of mana are two of my all time favorite ps1 games. I'm so happy.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia posted:

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Arrhythmia posted:

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

Arrhythmia posted:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
y*bg*blin's erratic, volatile posting behavior may have done permanent damage to the imp zone's collective ability to acknowledge something is still funny or ask what game

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i never bothered to finish skyward sword and i dont think i'll be desperate enough for zelda to do so at any point in the future

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

skyward sword always felt like it was 60% done. most of the dungeons are kinda empty and lifeless, they repeat bosses several times, it felt like most of the work went into the motion controls than game depth. the stealth mission collectathons you had to do before most of the dungeons also just felt like artificial game padding.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

Skyward Sword's Impa design is very cool. I also like how Beedle is in a flying shop that's powered by him pedaling a stationary bike. If you look at a price but don't buy something he screams and drops you out a trap door.
All of the character/boss designs and animation are top notch

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the world itself and chars are all great

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

loved groose personally

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
yeah skyward sword is the zelda game where the writing team worked the hardest, and its followed by the game where they barely even came in lol

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

yeah skyward sword is the zelda game where the writing team worked the hardest, and its followed by the game where they barely even came in lol

come on, that's not true. it just takes a wildly different approach to storytelling.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Project Triangle Strategy's demo really sold me on the game, it was the most exciting thing on the direct and it only solidified my hype

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bolverkur posted:

come on, that's not true. it just takes a wildly different approach to storytelling.

theres just not a lot of it is my point. skyward sword has a fuckton of dialogue all the time

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

loved the part where youre forced to play the first dungeon again and this time the boss is threeeeee skeletons lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

theres just not a lot of it is my point. skyward sword has a fuckton of dialogue all the time

breath of the wild does too, it's just from inconsequential people so that they can mostly tell the story through atmosphere and by having 100 NPCs be extremely horny for link

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

JOHN CENA posted:

skyward sword always felt like it was 60% done. most of the dungeons are kinda empty and lifeless, they repeat bosses several times, it felt like most of the work went into the motion controls than game depth. the stealth mission collectathons you had to do before most of the dungeons also just felt like artificial game padding.

Out of all the skyward sword hate posts this is the one that's turning me into the joker

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I won't be playing the Slyward Sword remaster however I will enjoy the dawn of a new age of Groose memes.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

breath of the wild does too, it's just from inconsequential people so that they can mostly tell the story through atmosphere and by having 100 NPCs be extremely horny for link

i think distance might be biasing one of us on this subject and i choose to believe it is you

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

i think distance might be biasing one of us on this subject and i choose to believe it is you

i can think of at least three npcs in botw that i put on groose-tier

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Fungah! posted:

again im strictly talking volume. skyward sword has so many cutscenes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Fungah! posted:

I really wanted more close ups on their weird faces.