Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

ImplicitAssembler posted:

I like this one.

Thanks, it's been controversial. Most comments center around "you wasted all that space." lol that's why I love it.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

samantonio posted:

Thanks, it's been controversial. Most comments center around "you wasted all that space." lol that's why I love it.

It's a nice shot. I am a big fan of well-utilized emtpy space.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I love it too, lots of space around abandoned buildings looks really neat, especially on the big open prairie.

My only issue might be the decision to let the sky reach the bottom left corner, I probably would have framed so the hill went all the way to the corner but I'm saying that not knowing what was in that spot, maybe you were forced by trying to avoid something ugly. Or maybe I have bad taste, you choose.

I do love me some prairie even if it's hard to shoot so I'm adding that one to my list of places to potentially visit.. my selection of pins in Kansas is pretty small so anything is a plus.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

samantonio posted:

My first thought was that it could use a cloud..but then it would have been too pretty and wouldn't have forced the eye to work as much.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Thanks all, I was kinda picturing in my mind: what if the world just ended right there?

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

good stuff

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

DSCF2065 (2) by King Dugga, on Flickr

DSCF2071 (2) by King Dugga, on Flickr
Not sure if a tighter crop would work better here, it was kind of an awkward angle.

DSCF2098 by King Dugga, on Flickr

DSCF2113 (2) by King Dugga, on Flickr

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

good poo poo

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

these make me feel anxious

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

pointsofdata posted:

these make me feel anxious

I'd say that's mission accomplished.
Nice photos Bob. The apparent gradient on the top one is unsettling.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

thanks dudes

anxiety as a loose theme is definitely something i think about when I'm out shooting

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.

These are awesome. Especially number two. I looked at it for a long time just thinking about that space and what's in it and why.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012
Kalmthout 2021 by roland luijken, on Flickr

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Hi, these are my very first photos. I was told they would be welcome in this thread, so I'm posting. I didn't understand why this would be the place for them, but the the first line of the wikipedia article "Landscape photography shows spaces within the world, sometimes vast and unending, but other times microscopic." I guess made it make sense for me?

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

I really like these two on the last page. Where/how did you take that picture of ice, Jim?

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005

Twenties Superstar
Oct 24, 2005

sugoi

these rip

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

DorianGravy posted:

I really like these two on the last page. Where/how did you take that picture of ice, Jim?

That is on Lake Michigan and I took it with a DJI Mavic Air 2 drone.

It’s a perspective trick that it looks like I’m in the middle of the lake or something.

In reality I was just off a lighthouse, although I personally was a half a mile away in my warm car lol

Here’s a different perspective on that ice flow:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CLAqShancBi/?igshid=1nhyy08l2nmro

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Feb 19, 2021

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Nigel Tufnel posted:

These are awesome. Especially number two. I looked at it for a long time just thinking about that space and what's in it and why.

Thank you. I generally like to avoid explicitly showing and describing a place for what it is, I'm glad you spent time thinking about the space.

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Agreed, this is great

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

thanks!

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Woah this one made me do a double-take!

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
That is a good capture but it very much displeases me.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I like it and it hate it!

~That’s A R T~

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

i dig all these

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005

tk posted:

That is a good capture but it very much displeases me.

Haha. Thanks all. I didn't notice at the time but there's some unusual stuff going on in the shot. Like way too many plug sockets. And what's up with the half-height door at the back.

Speaking of doors.

Nigel Tufnel fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Feb 20, 2021

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yoooo time for more lighthouses

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

That is incredible. It's like a sculpture in a garden, only wild. I think you may have found a dryad's grove.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001