Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
It isn't enough to carry a full year of expansions, but Alliance vs Horde would make a decent theme for Duels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Better make covenant themed expansions. I think it would also be kinda cool if you had neutral cards that said something like "battlecry: if your deck has no cards of another covenant, do x" or something like that.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
you'd need a way to visually differentiate Horde from Alliance on the cards, though, and there isn't really a lot of room on the card to fit in more information

plus a whole load of cards are from neither faction, but "neutral" is already taken so you'd need another word for that too

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

Now Old Gods are interesting. The whole last EVIL v LoH arc was interesting. Drawing on the worst of WoW is probably going to put me in a holding pattern waiting for the next sets.

It can continue the previous year's tradition of drawing on the worst of WoW in "played completely straight Illidan" and "please play Book of Heroes, aren't our stories cool?"

Like don't get me wrong, I think Horde vs. Alliance is the absolute dullest part of WoW and I much prefer Hearthstone when it's doing its own silly thing.

Julio Cruz posted:

you'd need a way to visually differentiate Horde from Alliance on the cards, though, and there isn't really a lot of room on the card to fit in more information

Eh they could redo what they did with the Gangs from MSG, have a little symbol on the top right.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Feb 17, 2021

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
A Horde/Alliance gimmick could be neat. They’d have a special tag(that doesn’t replace the normal tribe) and you can’t have both in the same deck.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
specific Horde/Alliance decks would be like going back to Odd/Even and we all remember how fun that was

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Julio Cruz posted:

plus a whole load of cards are from neither faction, but "neutral" is already taken so you'd need another word for that too

They could use the space for that weird flag under the mana cost that I've only seen on a couple of old spell cards and I'm still not sure what it's supposed to mean.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I think you're talking about the tri-class cards from Mean Streets of Gadgetzan.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Remember back when everyone HATED Alura pulling 7 Murlocs from your deck on turn 4?
Well, let me tell you about this tavern brawl ...

### Brawl Deck
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 1x (4) High Abbess Alura
# 2x (7) Evasive Drakonid
# 1x (7) Keymaster Alabaster
# 1x (7) Silver Vanguard
# 1x (8) High Exarch Yrel
# 1x (8) Plagued Protodrake
# 1x (8) Ragnaros the Firelord
# 1x (8) Ragnaros, Lightlord
# 1x (8) The Lich King
# 2x (8) Tip the Scales
# 1x (8) Tirion Fordring
# 2x (9) Runaway Blackwing
# 1x (10) Deathwing
# 2x (10) Living Monument
# 2x (10) Scrapyard Colossus
# 2x (10) Sea Giant
# 2x (12) Arcane Giant
# 2x (12) Mountain Giant
# 2x (20) Molten Giant
#
AAEBAZ3DAwr2AsIG+gbmrgLCzgLn4QLD0QOs1AP23QOI3gMK0wHhB9wKgrQCgKgDm6kDl60D87sD/tEDlOQDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Feb 17, 2021

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Blooming Brilliant posted:

It can continue the previous year's tradition of drawing on the worst of WoW in "played completely straight Illidan" and "please play Book of Heroes, aren't our stories cool?"

Like don't get me wrong, I think Horde vs. Alliance is the absolute dullest part of WoW and I much prefer Hearthstone when it's doing its own silly thing.

Eh they could redo what they did with the Gangs from MSG, have a little symbol on the top right.

Yeah, Illidan is the worst and has been a detriment to the game. And the overtly wordy solo stuff from the Illidan and book of heroes has been unengaging.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

mcbexx posted:

Remember back when everyone HATED Alura pulling 7 Murlocs from your deck on turn 4?
Well, let me tell you about this tavern brawl ...

### Brawl Deck
#
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 2x (7) Evasive Drakonid
# 1x (7) Keymaster Alabaster
# 1x (7) Silver Vanguard
# 1x (8) High Exarch Yrel
# 1x (8) Plagued Protodrake
# 1x (8) Ragnaros the Firelord
# 1x (8) Ragnaros, Lightlord
# 1x (8) The Lich King
# 2x (8) Tip the Scales
# 1x (8) Tirion Fordring
# 2x (9) Runaway Blackwing
# 1x (10) Deathwing
# 2x (10) Living Monument
# 2x (10) Scrapyard Colossus
# 2x (10) Sea Giant
# 2x (12) Arcane Giant
# 2x (12) Mountain Giant
# 2x (20) Molten Giant
#
AAEBAZ3DAwr2AsIG+gbmrgLCzgLn4QLD0QOs1AP23QOI3gMK0wHhB9wKgrQCgKgDm6kDl60D87sD/tEDlOQDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
Pffft, not enough face.

### Brawl Deck
#
# 1x (1) Sphere of Sapience
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 2x (3) Murloc Warleader
# 2x (3) Underlight Angling Rod
# 2x (3) Unidentified Maul
# 2x (4) Chillblade Champion
# 1x (4) Old Murk-Eye
# 2x (4) Truesilver Champion
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
# 2x (6) Argent Commander
# 2x (6) Hammer of the Naaru
# 2x (6) Reckless Rocketeer
# 1x (6) Val'anyr
# 1x (7) Libram of Judgment
# 2x (8) Charged Devilsaur
# 2x (8) Silver Sword
# 2x (8) Tip the Scales
#
AAEBAYsWBq8E4AW36QKPzgPD0QP94wMMmQK9A88GpwjGwgL30ALW5QLh8AKbqQP7uAP+0QOF3gMA
#

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

AnacondaHL posted:

Yes. Ras is core to all versions of Burn Mage. Sometimes you play your dormant Imprisoned Phoenix on Turn 3 exactly to threaten/actually do Ras on Turn 5 because it is game-winning.

I just took the jump and crafted Ras just to play this deck, mostly because these decks finally don't require like 5 legendaries (that I dusted when they got nerfed) to play.

Thanks. Hmm, I guess he might be my next craft. In the meantime this is still a fairly solid deck without Ras. I came across a better version of what I was playing on hearthpwn. Basically sub Ras for Mask of C'thun, with Greyworms for board clear and damage.

It's also a decent budget deck, at ~1k dust.

https://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/1377651-old-guardians-top-1000-legend-budget-mage

### BudgetElements
# Class: Mage
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Arcane Missiles
# 2x (1) Elemental Allies
# 2x (1) Lab Partner
# 2x (1) Primordial Studies
# 2x (1) Violet Spellwing
# 1x (1) Wand Thief
# 2x (2) Arcane Explosion
# 2x (2) Confection Cyclone
# 2x (2) Cram Session
# 2x (2) Frostbolt
# 2x (2) Imprisoned Phoenix
# 2x (2) Mana Reservoir
# 2x (3) Firebrand
# 2x (3) Gyreworm
# 2x (4) Fireball
# 1x (7) Mask of C'Thun
#
AAECAc/6AwKk0QP73QMOuwK/A7QElgXOnQP7rAPzrwP4zAOFzQPNzgP30QP43QOM4QOH5AMA
#

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I did an auto-fill mage and the game gave me this:

### Auto Mage
# Class: Mage
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 1x (1) Animated Broomstick
# 2x (1) Devolving Missiles
# 2x (1) Elemental Allies
# 2x (1) Tour Guide
# 2x (1) Violet Spellwing
# 2x (1) Wand Thief
# 2x (2) Confection Cyclone
# 1x (2) Licensed Adventurer
# 1x (2) Quicksand Elemental
# 2x (2) Starscryer
# 1x (2) Wandmaker
# 2x (3) Arcane Amplifier
# 2x (3) Firebrand
# 2x (3) Gyreworm
# 2x (5) Naga Sand Witch
# 2x (7) Mask of C'Thun
# 2x (10) Pyroblast
#
AAECAf0EBIaoA7i2A5XNA/7RAw2/CNalA/usA/OvA4i2A/e4A+DMA/jMA5vNA6TRA/jdA/vdA4zhAwA=
#

Which I thought was interesting due to the double naga, pyro, a mask combo it's got going on.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONK

### Clonk, I'm a Tonk x3
# Class: Hunter
#
# 2x (1) Carrion Studies
# 2x (1) Play Dead
# 2x (2) Explosive Trap
# 2x (2) Fireworks Tech
# 2x (2) Flare
# 2x (2) Freezing Trap
# 2x (2) Mad Scientist
# 2x (2) Pack Tactics
# 2x (2) Phase Stalker
# 2x (3) Nine Lives
# 2x (3) Ursatron
# 1x (4) Mok'Nathal Lion
# 2x (4) Necromechanic
# 1x (4) Spiritsinger Umbra
# 1x (6) Maxima Blastenheimer
# 1x (6) Oblivitron
# 2x (7) Darkmoon Tonk
#
AAEBAZ3hAwTJwgLxlgP2ugOS4wMNhwTJBIAH9w2czQLv9QLw9QLylgO2nAP7rwOkuQOeywOD4gMA
#

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Pretty mad that I just saw the pun in sand witch’s name

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Getting hyped for a rfk/rfd/quillboar expansion announcement tomorrow friends.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I hope we get the full details of the new core set. I know they'll do a full reveal season for the expansion so I'd prefer they get the core out of the way right now.

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
Hypothetically speaking, if Blizzard went bankrupt tomorrow, do you think they'd be ok with us running a GoFundMe campaign to bail them in exchange for deleting Convincing Infiltrator from Hearthstone?

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

kaaj posted:

Hypothetically speaking, if Blizzard went bankrupt tomorrow, do you think they'd be ok with us running a GoFundMe campaign to bail them in exchange for deleting Convincing Infiltrator from Hearthstone?

I know the feeling. I'm terrified that they are going to bring back Reno Jackson to standard.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Mayveena posted:

I know the feeling. I'm terrified that they are going to bring back Reno Jackson to standard.

Hell. YES. LET'S GOOOOOOO.

Props Department
Jul 10, 2007

creamed corn & confucius
Can anyone explain why in battlegrounds, the second minion summoned by Khadgar gets doubly buffed by anything else on board that's giving summoned minions extra stats? I've always kind of noticed this and not understood why it happens, but it's very obvious now with Greybough.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Props Department posted:

Can anyone explain why in battlegrounds, the second minion summoned by Khadgar gets doubly buffed by anything else on board that's giving summoned minions extra stats? I've always kind of noticed this and not understood why it happens, but it's very obvious now with Greybough.

Sounds like it shouldn’t be happening, but I bet it’s coded that Khadgar summons a copy of the token and then that token is getting a buff applied again and the order of operations is not written in a way that ends up with what you intuitively think would work.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

L0cke17 posted:

Sounds like it shouldn’t be happening, but I bet it’s coded that Khadgar summons a copy of the token and then that token is getting a buff applied again and the order of operations is not written in a way that ends up with what you intuitively think would work.

It's actually right if you think about it.

A minion is summoned, and on-board effects buff it first of all. Khadgar THEN triggers, summoning a copy of the minion with all the buffs. Other on board-effects then buff the copy.

It's very hard to set up to demonstrate as such in constructed but it actually works the same way.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Khadgar should really say something about explicitly copying minions you summon. The only problem is you have to specifically word it to make it obvious it doesn't apply to just playing a minion from hand, which is still summoning. So we got this awkward wording that is technically correct but also doesn't always mean what it implies. For example, you'd be forgiven for thinking it would make Piloted Shredder spit out two different minions. It doesn't.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Is Tickatus Control Warlock worth crafting? It whips my rear end every time I come up against it playing Pure Paladin but the tier lists aren't impressed by it.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

From my experience it's a tough matchup for Pure Palaldin but it loses against too many other decks.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I opened Deck of Lunacy some time ago and I've been wondering if there's a recognized good use for it. Seems better for Duels/Arena type stuff than Constructed. I've tried incorporating it into a Mage "all spells" deck but unfortunately that kind of relies on specific stuff to let you win without minions, so it usually just seems to make things worse. It feels more like a Rogue card. Obviously it would be pretty good against Bomb Warrior but I'm not sure what else.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

Sir Lemming posted:

I opened Deck of Lunacy some time ago and I've been wondering if there's a recognized good use for it. Seems better for Duels/Arena type stuff than Constructed. I've tried incorporating it into a Mage "all spells" deck but unfortunately that kind of relies on specific stuff to let you win without minions, so it usually just seems to make things worse. It feels more like a Rogue card. Obviously it would be pretty good against Bomb Warrior but I'm not sure what else.

I’ve had fair success with Deck of Lunacy, almost all spells and Yogg in Duels. It’s fun at least anyway.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

CapnAndy posted:

Is Tickatus Control Warlock worth crafting? It whips my rear end every time I come up against it playing Pure Paladin but the tier lists aren't impressed by it.

Tickatus itself is a fun card (to play; not to play against) and I don't regret crafting it for casual. Wouldn't recommend it right now for standard. I thought the uncorrupted (discard from your own deck) might make it useful for Wild also. :downs: It's not.

I played a variation of the quest version sans the quest, because it's rotating. That version is depreciated now. The Galakrond/Soulciologist package had a respectable winrate on HSreplay but VS shows my experience. When you whiff you whiff hard and it's extremely frustrating. Tickatus in hand and nothing to corrupt him, or he's buried at the bottom of my deck. The other legendaries would help stall the game or create another win condition but there's usually too much aggro for it to work.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 19, 2021

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Chinese leaks.

Translates to "Forged in the Barrens", which matches up with a video file name found in the teaser trailer.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Feb 19, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Does this mean they're adding global chat?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Sir Lemming posted:

some Spell Mage lists run it, I tried it for a while but it just felt way too inconsistent

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Chinese leaks.

Translates to "Forged in the Barrens", which matches up with a video file name found in the teaser trailer.

Excited for the Chuck Norris legendary

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

betting on new warrior hero Mankrik

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

No Wave posted:

Does this mean they're adding global chat?

Barrens Chat - Unsilence all minions and play all of their voice lines simultaneously.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Mankrik's Bloodlust: 1 mana Quest: Destroy 30 minions. Reward: 10 gold.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
Russian play market leak:

Preorder hero looks to be Hamuul Runetotem.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Damnit I'm hyped for this expansion now :smith:

Hoping for a fun new druid shapeshift/feral archetype given the druids of the fang.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

BlizzCon starting in 5 minutes, Hearthstone stuff 1 hour afterwards

https://www.twitch.tv/blizzard

edit: HS-focused stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_fd_tTDFls

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Feb 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

AnacondaHL posted:

BlizzCon starting in 5 minutes, Hearthstone stuff 1 hour afterwards

https://www.twitch.tv/blizzard

edit: HS-focused stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_fd_tTDFls

Wait what? I thought the Hearthstone stuff was tomorrow.