Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gebura is such a goddamn monster lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I started playing LoR again and I'm stuck on the first Gebura abnormality battle. I'm using Emma, Rose, and Oscar with page draw passives and prescript/puppet cards but I'm having trouble keeping Red alive and/or I'm at the mercy of the RNG and one of my team gets killed in the first 2 turns.

Is there an appeal to Yujin besides BoD? I've seen it proc twice I think and the page has such low health it tends to die first.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I somehow managed to unga bunga the 4th phase of Chesed's realization, 500 HP just beating down 2 at a time :laffo:

I think I'm hosed though, I was looking at what a card did in the last phase and it just vanished.

Lakbay posted:

I started playing LoR again and I'm stuck on the first Gebura abnormality battle. I'm using Emma, Rose, and Oscar with page draw passives and prescript/puppet cards but I'm having trouble keeping Red alive and/or I'm at the mercy of the RNG and one of my team gets killed in the first 2 turns.

Is there an appeal to Yujin besides BoD? I've seen it proc twice I think and the page has such low health it tends to die first.

She's insanely good. +1 to everything is good, Faint Memories is a really good card, Wrath of Torment is a good card, she gets even better when you can get Health Hauler and Extract Fuel.

e: R corp cloning deathmatch battle royale is hosed

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Feb 6, 2021

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

The only downside to Yujin is that anything that works off %HP is going to wreck you, but otherwise its an incredible page, yeah.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Acerbatus posted:

I somehow managed to unga bunga the 4th phase of Chesed's realization, 500 HP just beating down 2 at a time :laffo:

You do that for every single realization though!!!

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do not divulge my secret technique.

On a more serious, star of the city note:

Carmen is 100% way worse than the Sephirot give her credit for, isn't she? They talk about her like she's a saint but she even put off the R Corp captains with how casually she talked about starting a war, not to mention authorizing the experiments on some of the abnormalities...

I hope binah gets a better deck because man she's really falling behind.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Feb 6, 2021

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

If you finish all the core suppression previously and then do a day 1 reset, there's a glitch that let's you beat the game in under 3 hours. Pretty impressive stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLiTIWpgOl8

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
LoR fight question:

If I pop Ever-Repeating Note card to end the scene during the Red Mist fight, will it count as a zero damage scene for the purpose of staggering her out of EGO mode?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

nice couple of threads from the English translators tonight detailing some of the literary and cultural references in LoR

https://twitter.com/CoolKidsClubTL/status/1358997483486142465
https://twitter.com/CoolKidsClubTL/status/1359022946434613249

some spoilers in those threads if you aren't caught up, and their retweets are a lot of very spoilery fan art so beware

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Just caught up with the new reception in LOR and Christ almighty Mirinae is broken as hell. Looks like Kether's back on the menu, boys!

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Reiterpallasch posted:

Just caught up with the new reception in LOR and Christ almighty Mirinae is broken as hell. Looks like Kether's back on the menu, boys!

I hadn't realized how few Endurance cards there are after like, Urban Legend until I went to look for things to use with her buff propagation passive.

Work's pretty nicely with enlxmfflsdis yan's buff prescripts too.

Black Silence is strong though not as insane as some of the other special key pages. I think Crystal Atelier is the secret best card since it opens with a 7-10 dodge die.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Feb 10, 2021

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Acerbatus posted:

Do not divulge my secret technique.

On a more serious, star of the city note:

Carmen is 100% way worse than the Sephirot give her credit for, isn't she? They talk about her like she's a saint but she even put off the R Corp captains with how casually she talked about starting a war, not to mention authorizing the experiments on some of the abnormalities...

I hope binah gets a better deck because man she's really falling behind.

something was definitely Up with her, at the very least she was fully aware that she probably wouldn't make it to the end of the project, and knew what A would do in response

I mean she's definitely insane now from millenia as a brain tree, but beforehand who knows

also WhiteNight might be the most hilarious EGO page yet, really makes up for Apocalypse Bird's lackluster showing

it comes with cheap ranged pages that insta-heal everyone, cheap ranged pages that increase everyone's strength on combat start, basic light restoration, and a mass attack that also heals everyone, and nobody except whoever is WN can actually die while it's active.

I didn't really figure out all that the new pages can do since I just ungabunga'd the 2nd fight with that

e: oh poo poo didnt know there was a 2nd reception and it's an Important one

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Feb 10, 2021

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
This came up a bit earlier, but the lady in the R corp book is currently thought to be someone other than Carmen. She's a character from Distortion Detective whose name currently escapes me.

But they do both have brown hair and red eyes.

edit: oh what the gently caress awesome.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Acerbatus posted:

Black Silence is strong though not as insane as some of the other special key pages. I think Crystal Atelier is the secret best card since it opens with a 7-10 dodge die.

I think as a full package I like it better than the others, it's so versatile, ready for Singleton abuse, and most importantly comes on Kether which is a way better floor than the ones the other two are locked to.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Reiterpallasch posted:

I think as a full package I like it better than the others, it's so versatile, ready for Singleton abuse, and most importantly comes on Kether which is a way better floor than the ones the other two are locked to.

Uh, how do you do singleton with a key page you can't change and has no singleton effects?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
You can attribute the passives which reward you for having a Singleton deck, sorry, should've specified. Locked Potential and Raging Torrent seem to work pretty well on it.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Hah, I went back to check, and (IC) Roland's gun is from the same Workshop as the Full Stop people's, which makes his speech about how guns are pretty useless in the City hilarious.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Binah's final abno pages are so bad, what the gently caress

Reiterpallasch posted:

Hah, I went back to check, and (IC) Roland's gun is from the same Workshop as the Full Stop people's, which makes his speech about how guns are pretty useless in the City hilarious.

That's a cute callback. :v:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Well I just got the old snake lady's page and I am legitimately intimidated. Four full decks to fill? I have absolutely no idea what to do with these send help

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

GilliamYaeger posted:

Well I just got the old snake lady's page and I am legitimately intimidated. Four full decks to fill? I have absolutely no idea what to do with these send help

The guard deck is immune to negative status effects so you can slap all the Overcharges into it you want and go to town.

I very rarely use anything else.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

TeeQueue posted:

The guard deck is immune to negative status effects so you can slap all the Overcharges into it you want and go to town.

I very rarely use anything else.
Thanks for the advice, a triple Energy Conversion/Leap/Overcharge deck worked wonders. In practice it works a lot like a slightly less effective version of the infinite Fervent Emotions Yujin build I've got going, which is high praise since I'm pretty sure that particular Yujin is the best non-Color deck currently in the game.

Also, Gebura's floor realization is absolute bullshit. gently caress Red Riding Mercenary and her RNG nonsense.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Feb 14, 2021

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

I honestly went in with the full intention in mind to kick the crap out of Red the second I was done killing the wolf.

If you're having problems, wait for after you get the books from R-corp to do it, one of them pairs with Gebura to give her +5 power on her infinite die, which will let her solve a lot of problems for you and practically solo the thing if you have to.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
I never found Red as difficult as people claim her to be, after I grokked that the way to go is to just straight up not attack with most of your dice and only redirect attacks away from Red, unless she's slapped the 5 Disarm debuff on the wolf in which case you're free to go to town.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

TeeQueue posted:

I honestly went in with the full intention in mind to kick the crap out of Red the second I was done killing the wolf.

If you're having problems, wait for after you get the books from R-corp to do it, one of them pairs with Gebura to give her +5 power on her infinite die, which will let her solve a lot of problems for you and practically solo the thing if you have to.
Yeah, I slapped that on her as soon as I got it. Free +5 power on the first die is loving amazing.

I wound up getting a good run a bit after I made that post, and the rest of the realization was easy. Especially since the length of it let Geb pile on the buffs until she was getting something like +10 on everything.

Theantero posted:

I never found Red as difficult as people claim her to be, after I grokked that the way to go is to just straight up not attack with most of your dice and only redirect attacks away from Red, unless she's slapped the 5 Disarm debuff on the wolf in which case you're free to go to town.
The salt in that particular post came from a run where the wolf had about 10 HP left and was all prepped for Red to handle it...before it died from bleed while it was attacking Red. Who had used exactly one attack die that turn, the rest being dodges or evades. This did not count as a proper kill and ended the run.

If Red hadn't wasted her turn dodging and had just shot the loving thing we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Regardless, now that I've cleared Geb's floor, my new white whale is Xiao - who, having very solidly kicking my rear end the first time I went at her, was the very reason why I was powering up Gebura's floor in the first place. Round two with her went much better than my first go, but still ended poorly after I thought that I could firing squad down her last few hundred HP while forgetting about her completely nullifying power buffs on the first turn. Guess I'm going to have to actually figure out a good team to act as cleanup after my A-team bites it. Maybe using Yesod's floor? That Forsaken Murderer EGO page would do wonders for staggering her if I'm lucky enough to roll it...

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GilliamYaeger posted:

Her book has 3 pages for each stance so you can singleton all of them(just throw Multislash and Will of the Prescript into each one, along with whatever 0-cost light boosters match the stance), just don't use Unlock. Also while you can use the Guard stance for shenanigans don't forget that Serpentine Barrier is an incredible page with a couple defense boosts(which Guard stance gets by default), it's effect is basically "block 3 pages worth of dice entirely". I keep a couple on the Nemo keypage(with 2 +1 def die boost passives) and it leads to hilarious shenanigans on the Floor of Religion with it's handy "double all defense stagger damage" page

her one issue is that she can run out of page draw/light when you change stances as it also randomly changes your current pages for those of that stance's deck, so you might just get all your 3 cost stuff with no light and welp

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 16, 2021

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GilliamYaeger posted:

Regardless, now that I've cleared Geb's floor, my new white whale is Xiao - who, having very solidly kicking my rear end the first time I went at her, was the very reason why I was powering up Gebura's floor in the first place. Round two with her went much better than my first go, but still ended poorly after I thought that I could firing squad down her last few hundred HP while forgetting about her completely nullifying power buffs on the first turn. Guess I'm going to have to actually figure out a good team to act as cleanup after my A-team bites it. Maybe using Yesod's floor? That Forsaken Murderer EGO page would do wonders for staggering her if I'm lucky enough to roll it...

With Xiao it's better to have Gebura take on round 1, then have your backup floor take her 2nd fight at first while she's weaker and they can work up Emotion, then let Gebura finish her off. Binah's floor is good for this as even halved Fairy is still extremely powerful against a boss taking that many actions per turn(and Pillar will outroll most of her stuff that isn't big number unga bunga, just remember to throw out fairies to keep your light up)

Also remember to never ever clash with Inverted Scale on nullifying turns, as it means next turn she'll get that beefy boost

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Feb 16, 2021

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I’m still in Urban Nightmare (Star of the City is unfinished and missing voice acting correct?) and the two new general invitations they added this morning require 2 and 3 UN books respectively. The 3 UN book general invitation is a 1v1 fight and the key pages from both fights seem really good for UN

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Lakbay posted:

(Star of the City is unfinished and missing voice acting correct?)

Star of the City actually got finished a couple weeks back and got its voice acting. The chapter after SotC is currently at its first two story receptions.

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015
I bought this series on the steam lunar sale and i have a couple of questions.
How long, in real-time hours, is lobotomy corporation?
I know library is a direct sequel and while the gameplay aspect of lc appears to be fun, my main interest is really in library. If lc is one of those games that need 10s of hours of different playthroughs to get the true ending i think i would prefer to just read on the story and go on from there.

Sorry if it's a frequent question but i haven't scoured the thread for fear of spoilers.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

It’s hard to answer because it varies so much. My first run took ~120 hours to 100%, some people I know have spent over 200 hours and haven’t beaten it yet.

It is rather time intensive, particularly late game where you get to go deep into the day before losing and wasting a half hour or 45 minutes as you start over.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Kefahuchi_son!!! posted:

I bought this series on the steam lunar sale and i have a couple of questions.
How long, in real-time hours, is lobotomy corporation?
I know library is a direct sequel and while the gameplay aspect of lc appears to be fun, my main interest is really in library. If lc is one of those games that need 10s of hours of different playthroughs to get the true ending i think i would prefer to just read on the story and go on from there.

Sorry if it's a frequent question but i haven't scoured the thread for fear of spoilers.
It needs a fair bit of time investment and at least one time jump to a previous day to complete, which will very likely be back to day 1 if you haven't been playing optimally (since day 46 is a point of no return and will bad end you if you don't have the entire facility built by the time you reach it). From what I've gathered the trick is to have the final two floors built up at 3/2 by the time you got day 41 so you can build one up to 5, clear the floor, then go back to day 41 where they're at 3/2 and build up the second one to 5 and clear it as well.

If you're mainly interested in Ruina I'd suggest reading the LP then just watching the final five days cutscenes on YouTube. A channel called "Lobotomy Corporation Archive" has them all uploaded with the good translation.

Lakbay posted:

I’m still in Urban Nightmare (Star of the City is unfinished and missing voice acting correct?) and the two new general invitations they added this morning require 2 and 3 UN books respectively. The 3 UN book general invitation is a 1v1 fight and the key pages from both fights seem really good for UN
How do you get GIs anyway? All the combinations I put in just bring up the same two receptions even though I know for a fact that there's more.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Feb 19, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GilliamYaeger posted:

It needs a fair bit of time investment and at least one time jump to a previous day to complete, which will very likely be back to day 1 if you haven't been playing optimally (since day 46 is a point of no return and will bad end you if you don't have the entire facility built by the time you reach it). From what I've gathered the trick is to have the final two floors built up at 3/2 by the time you got day 41 so you can build one up to 5, clear the floor, then go back to day 41 where they're at 3/2 and build up the second one to 5 and clear it as well.

If you're mainly interested in Ruina I'd suggest reading the LP then just watching the final five days cutscenes on YouTube. A channel called "Lobotomy Corporation Archive" has them all uploaded with the good translation.

How do you get GIs anyway? All the combinations I put in just bring up the same two receptions even though I know for a fact that there's more.

Use books from the same tier, there's a general reception for everything up to and including SotC now.

Axe Gang for whatever reason is the molar books, iirc.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

For more data it took me just about 100 hours to 100% LC but I restarted more times than really necessary to give myself an easier endgame. And the 100% ending, which is what leads into LoR, is just a video that plays when you reach 100%, no reason you can't watch it on YouTube if you don't want to grind out completion.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
I believe the new General invitations have been hotfixed to require at least one SOTC book, now. It's kind of a shame but also understandable, one of the cards in it is a 1-cost cantrip with dice that are kind of outrageous even in Impurity decks. Like Flash of Sunlight on PEDs.

EDIT: Apparently the card itself was also hotfixed too?

Reiterpallasch fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Feb 19, 2021

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Reiterpallasch posted:

I believe the new General invitations have been hotfixed to require at least one SOTC book, now. It's kind of a shame but also understandable, one of the cards in it is a 1-cost cantrip with dice that are kind of outrageous even in Impurity decks. Like Flash of Sunlight on PEDs.

EDIT: Apparently the card itself was also hotfixed too?

What page was that?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

MotU posted:

What page was that?

Mangle used to draw a card and now that I look at it I think it used to have higher dice on the slashes than it does now?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Finished the 1st Tier of SotC, any recommendations on which stage to start on next? I do have some Abnos to make do to catch up, too

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

MotU posted:

Finished the 1st Tier of SotC, any recommendations on which stage to start on next? I do have some Abnos to make do to catch up, too
My recommended order is Liu 2 > Index > Red Mist > R Corp, or 3>1>2>4 since they're all question marks. Fervid Emotions from Liu 2 is an amazing power card that makes Yujin meta again if you build a deck around it (4 generation cards, 2 Sturdy 3 Fervid), Sturdy Defence is also amazing, and getting more Fervor passives to attribute is never a bad thing, Index brings Multi Slash and Unlock, two of the best resource generation cards in the game, Red Mist is by far the best keypage you're going to have access to and finally attributing Myo's keypage to Gebura turns her into an unstoppable beast. After that do the stage after Red Mist to pick up another amazing keypage, it's definitely an easier fight than Kali, and then work on some abnormalities to power up your floors (most importantly Gebura and Binah) in order to take on the finales of the tier.

I highly recommend setting up a "firing squad" floor that uses the Full Stop first turn power passives to act as cleanup for the harder fights like Index and Red Mist. Properly set up you can burn off a good few hundred HP in a single turn alone, which is invaluable when taking on opponents that would normally be out of your league.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
I get the attraction of Rapid Gashes or Fervid Emotions Yujin, but that drat broken dice always seems to be a magnet for gigantic mass attacks which are everywhere in SOTC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Reiterpallasch posted:

I get the attraction of Rapid Gashes or Fervid Emotions Yujin, but that drat broken dice always seems to be a magnet for gigantic mass attacks which are everywhere in SOTC.
That's why you give her some healing, like Firm as a Great Mountain or anything that goes off max HP percentage. Properly utilising that massive HP cap means that she can eat a mass attack to the face and not even flinch.