Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
I think the last film I saw at a cinema might have been Stan and Ollie for some reason? It's the last time I went to the cheap lovely cinema before it closed down at least. I loved that cinema, it never did me wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i haven't been to the theatre since like, the first deadpool movie, i think that came out the year trump did

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

e X posted:

I am genuinely happy that Civvie is not a Chud. I recently started watching his Postal videos and since he is a dude with an edgy sense of humor who has a video game based youtube channel I was really worried.

What warmed me up to Civvie was when he explained in his first Pro-Wang (Classic Shadow Warrior) video about how he acknowledges that it has racist humor and even cringes at some of the jokes (like the Hiroshima punchline with the nuke weapon or the scene of Lo Wang on the boat) but believes the developers did not mean ill will and were just trying to do a tribute to cheesy martial arts movies. He doesn't mock people who may be offended but suggests that if anyone is that they should turn off Lo Wang's voice in the settings so they can still experience how badass the game is.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

DesertIslandHermit posted:

What warmed me up to Civvie was when he explained in his first Pro-Wang (Classic Shadow Warrior) video about how he acknowledges that it has racist humor and even cringes at some of the jokes (like the Hiroshima punchline with the nuke weapon or the scene of Lo Wang on the boat) but believes the developers did not mean ill will and were just trying to do a tribute to cheesy martial arts movies. He doesn't mock people who may be offended but suggests that if anyone is that they should turn off Lo Wang's voice in the settings so they can still experience how badass the game is.

yeah thats a good way of explaining/dealing with it. its a good middle ground between reactionary "ACTUALLY BADLY DONE EDGY HUMOR IS TOP TEIR AND NOW I LIKE NAZIS" and the McIntosh types with no sense of sudbtly and grading on toxic/problematic stuff and how all individuals have different threshholds/redlines. civiie basically critiques the bad poo poo but doesn't paint the creators as evil klansmen and than gives people options if they dont want to deal with the bad stuff.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Jamie Faith posted:

Nitro Rad has a new video on the games based on the classic early 2000s show/movie Jimmy Neutron!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg8-96m4xU0&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=NitroRad

Even as a kid I never got too deep into the shovelware mines, so it's always a surprise to see how low you could go and still get pressed onto a disc.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah thats a good way of explaining/dealing with it. its a good middle ground between reactionary "ACTUALLY BADLY DONE EDGY HUMOR IS TOP TEIR AND NOW I LIKE NAZIS" and the McIntosh types with no sense of sudbtly and grading on toxic/problematic stuff and how all individuals have different threshholds/redlines. civiie basically critiques the bad poo poo but doesn't paint the creators as evil klansmen and than gives people options if they dont want to deal with the bad stuff.

His response to the extremely offensive humor of American Mcgee's Bad Day LA was good too. I was surprised at the racial slurs in that game but he handled it as just 'Wow you must think you're so funny with this garbage.' Even the intro to that video made fun of PJW's soy panic.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

The Last Jedi is simultaneously a gurning paean to liberal brain rot, that unintentionally prefigured the complete cultural psychosis of the still clap with clap her clap clap clap set, and aggressively flees from every single good idea it has; and also the best of the sequel trilogy by an alarmingly wide margin

Also the last movie I saw in theaters was Parasite, thank gently caress

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

The Last Jedi is simultaneously a gurning paean to liberal brain rot, that unintentionally prefigured the complete cultural psychosis of the still clap with clap her clap clap clap set, and aggressively flees from every single good idea it has; and also the best of the sequel trilogy by an alarmingly wide margin

Ok

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Rise of Skywalker was my last theater movie :smith: I really should have gone to see Sonic the Hedgehog because it was right on the cusp of theaters shutting down and tha pandemic really taking off. I caught it on VOD finally this week and it was actually pretty good and I would have been proud to have called it my last theater movie.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Source your quotes!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The last film I saw in the theaters was The Thing and it ruled.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

This is a weirdly correct take on the last Jedi.

I don’t know why you are saying it now

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I think the last movie I watched in theaters was an anniversary screening of Char's Counterattack, and that owned because I had the whole theater to myself.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

The last movie I saw in theaters was Rise of Skywalker and I'm perfectly happy with that :)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Jamie Faith posted:

Nitro Rad has a new video on the games based on the classic early 2000s show/movie Jimmy Neutron!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg8-96m4xU0&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=NitroRad

I always get that show confused with Johnny Test which felt like it ran for ages.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Is there anyone good covering Earwig and the Witch? Because it's awful and I want to watch other people complain about it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think even HBO Max realized it was bad because they didn't really advertise it at all.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The last movie I saw in theatres was Die Hard because the lack of movies from the plague-sphere has meant that the mainline cinemas are all digging through their catalogues and putting classics up to fill space.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

RoS was my last theater movie and it helped in that it made me not miss being at a theater.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

CharlestheHammer posted:

This is a weirdly correct take on the last Jedi.

I don’t know why you are saying it now

At least tell me you voted for Hillary in 2016. Or that you voted against Trump.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

You can think that about TLJ without being alt-right or conservative. Heck, I know a few communists who hold that opinion of the film.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Look at all of you who didn't see Sonic. Shameful.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSe8D2wfGKI

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuOtjNa7jeg

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Jimbot posted:

You can think that about TLJ without being alt-right or conservative. Heck, I know a few communists who hold that opinion of the film.

Yeah don't be ashamed of hating a movie because it makes you feel like you are on the same alignment with some Youtube shithead. I thought Captain Marvel sucked but I'm not going to devote my life to complaining about it like Quartering.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I think Birds of Prey was mine.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Jimbot posted:

People who use phrases like "liberal brain rot" and make Hillary Clinton allusions are the kind of people who probably spend way too much time watching the likes of PJW and Ben Shapiro and thinking they're way too smart to be affected by it, before acting pissy at some Democrat's comment about trying to be nice.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Jimbot posted:

It depends on why you hate it. Do you hate it for their themes or because the main character is a girl and Kyle isn’t a bad rear end

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Spark That Bled posted:

People who use phrases like "liberal brain rot" and make Hillary Clinton allusions are the kind of people who probably spend way too much time watching the likes of PJW and Ben Shapiro and thinking they're way too smart to be affected by it, before acting pissy at some Democrat's comment about trying to be nice.

Liberal brain rot is a pretty standard left wing critic if American centralism. The dominate ideology of America

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

RoS was the last movie I've seen in theaters but whatever.
I'm more upset I still don't get to see #F9: The Fast Saga on the big screen, or at least on my p dope TV. :smith:

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Spark That Bled posted:

Such a person you're describing is highly unlikely to like Parasite.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Spark That Bled posted:

CharlestheHammer posted:

Liberal brain rot is a pretty standard left wing critic if American centralism. The dominate ideology of America

Pretty much this.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well, it wasn't complaining about liberals that finally got Trump out, was it? It was actually organizing and spreading the message to vote him out.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
gas

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

SkeletonHero posted:

Is there anyone good covering Earwig and the Witch? Because it's awful and I want to watch other people complain about it.

A guy I sometimes watch called Saberspark took a look at it. It's not really an in-depth dissection though.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Nah, just ban star wars and snyder chat and this thread would be fine for the most part

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Spark That Bled posted:

Well, it wasn't complaining about liberals that finally got Trump out, was it? It was actually organizing and spreading the message to vote him out.
Nah you see there is this thing called an election, happens every 2 to 4 years in America. Winner is determined by a combination of money, immediate term popularity, and who gets blocked from the polls.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Spark That Bled posted:

drat, can't believe Star Wars got Trump out of office

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
new curio dropped, about pokémon, art, and ownership

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbSTtU4Tknk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Terrible Opinions posted:

Nah you see there is this thing called an election, happens every 2 to 4 years in America. Winner is determined by a combination of money, immediate term popularity, and who gets blocked from the polls.

And?

Saagonsa posted:

drat, can't believe Star Wars got Trump out of office

Stacey Abrams is the Last Jedi.