Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

PathAsc posted:

I like it when the ninja does punches and jutsu

But how do you feel about kicks and kunais?

Hypocrisy posted:

I've been waiting for that minigun to be animated.

Looking up the clip I feel disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Darth TNT posted:

But how do you feel about kicks and kunais?

Looking up the clip I feel disappointed.

When the ninja do the thing with the fingers and the murder, I am happy

Go ninja go ninja go

I do enjoy naru/boruto, but this convo is just too much fun to stop when there are nerds out there losing hair and time over slapfights on the internet.

E: I expected more from that last episode, but it wasn't bad, I just need more episodes. At least it's not filler hell.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

PathAsc posted:

Go ninja go ninja go

Yo, it's the orange machine
Gonna rock the village while bein' seen
Have you ever seen a kyuubi get down?
Slammin' and jammin' to the new swing sound

Yeah, everybody let's move
Sasuke is here with the new jack groove
Gonna rock, and roll the place
With the power of the orange ninja bass

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

So combining the anime scenes this week and spoilers in the manga...Code is the other vessel candidate (there were 15 candidates and 13 died in that one flashback)? Very thin evidence of course but it fits?

I hope they don't keep to an episode a chapter plotting for the next episode.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Feb 8, 2021

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Spoiler images hitting for the next chapter, seemingly this?

Teek posted:

Having Kurama die would potentially finally be a good opportunity to finally see the “the Bijuu reforms in a few years after the Jinchuuriki’s (theirs too?) death thing” which was mentioned in Naruto but never seen yet.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I re-read the ending of Naruto, and for all the failings of the later arcs, the power creep, and the increasing focus on DNA combinations and augmented magical eyes, I really do like how the story came together at the end and think the fight between Sasuke and Naruto worked really well.

No matter how lovely Boruto might be at points, I'm always gonna be fundamentally happy that the ending was like that.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Chapter's out at the usual places.

Kurama's dead, possibly permanently? It's hard to tell, but given the circumstances are different from the other times Bijuus "died", it's possible. Then again, this is Naruto, and it's pretty rare for someone to die permanently. New villain looks kind of boring, to be honest, and I'm not particularly interested in what he does, I'd just like for the story to move over what exactly made Kawaki and Boruto fight each other, but eh.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The chapter in question:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/boruto-chapter-55/chapter/21894?action=read

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I would lean towards really dead since if Kurama's chakra was all used up there isn't really anything for him to revive from.

Me and half the internet win the "No Prize" for Code. RIP Isshiki. Hopefully Code inherits your wine drinking style.

Really curious how all of this leads to chapter 1.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
It should've been Naruto

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

TheHan posted:

It should've been Naruto

Though to be fair isn’t Naruto basically crippled now that his near infinite chakra reserves are gone?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Larryb posted:

Though to be fair isn’t Naruto basically crippled now that his near infinite chakra reserves are gone?

i mean, he's still an uzumaki sage. the bigger concern for him is that he fights like he's immortal due to the regeneration, which he won't have anymore

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Jazerus posted:

i mean, he's still an uzumaki sage. the bigger concern for him is that he fights like he's immortal due to the regeneration, which he won't have anymore

Yeah, he's basically as powerful as he was when he first had sage mode, just down to two clones to hold nature chakra reserves, and Sasuke is down an eye apparently, but that should be able to be healed maybe???

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

This now opens up the possibility of a Baby Kurama growing inside Naruto

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

What if the endgame, Chapter 1 thing is Momoshiki in Kawaki and reborn Kurama in Boruto with Karma shenanigans

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SgtSteel91 posted:

What if the endgame, Chapter 1 thing is Momoshiki in Kawaki and reborn Kurama in Boruto with Karma shenanigans

Well given how Boruto looks there it’s clear we’re going to get a timeskip at some point, only question is when and whether said battle will end up actually being the last one of the series

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Well that sure was a chapter

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I'm in the camp that Kurama isn't dead yet. That didn't feel like a final goodbye. There must be residual chakra somewhere, maybe the Ten Tails that Code is raising?

Code finally factoring into the story makes sense in retrospect. He's a blank canvas for Naruto and Sasuke's power reset. But drat, Kara is a disaster of an organization.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yeah, I think Kurama and the Rinengan eventually come back, but for the next several years (both IRL and in manga) we're dealing with like start-of-great-war power levels for Naruto and Sasuke. Which is still high, but no longer Literally loving Gods. I like that.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Shneak posted:

I'm in the camp that Kurama isn't dead yet. That didn't feel like a final goodbye. There must be residual chakra somewhere, maybe the Ten Tails that Code is raising?

Code finally factoring into the story makes sense in retrospect. He's a blank canvas for Naruto and Sasuke's power reset. But drat, Kara is a disaster of an organization.

I know exactly where residual chakra might be hiding.

Why else would she have whiskers?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Pyrotoad posted:

I know exactly where residual chakra might be hiding.

Why else would she have whiskers?

So does Boruto to be fair

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Larryb posted:

So does Boruto to be fair

He's got enough stuff going on, I think. Plus the anime's given her an affinity for liking tailed beasts already.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Pyrotoad posted:

He's got enough stuff going on, I think. Plus the anime's given her an affinity for liking tailed beasts already.

Good point, and it would be nice for Himawari to start getting some real focus

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
he’s still strong as hell but it does feel a lil weird that Naruto lost like one of his biggest signatures. Like if they took super saiyan from Goku.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
OTOH, this is a great chance to prove to the haters that Naruto isn't trash-tier without Kurama

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I thought the goodbye was quite well done.

Of course, that now means that Sasuke ranks for above Naruto in power. He needed Kurama to keep up with the eyehax and while Rinnegan is gone. The Eternal Mangekibla is still in his other eye.

Let's not pretend that Sasuke had a big nerf with his Rinnegan gone. He still has his Itachi's eye in the other socket.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

So at this point does Naruto still have access to the sage of the six paths powers from the end of the previous series? He did heal Kakashi's eye near the end of the ninja war, if he still has them I'd assume Sasuke's rinnegan could probably be healed.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

MorningMoon posted:

Yeah, I think Kurama and the Rinengan eventually come back, but for the next several years (both IRL and in manga) we're dealing with like start-of-great-war power levels for Naruto and Sasuke. Which is still high, but no longer Literally loving Gods. I like that.

This would have had more of an impact if the manga had actually treated them like Gods. They've been slapped around pretty easily for a while now.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

So at this point does Naruto still have access to the sage of the six paths powers from the end of the previous series? He did heal Kakashi's eye near the end of the ninja war, if he still has them I'd assume Sasuke's rinnegan could probably be healed.

He could heal Kakashi's eye, but not make it a Sharingan again. Considering Konoha managed to make new arms and Orochimaru implanted a bunch of sharingans in Danzo, I doubt it's gonna be a huge hurdle, but I feel like neither of them will go back to the end of the War power levels, at least for a while. Granted, it's pretty obvious those power levels weren't designed with a sequel in mind, because in basically every fight, Sasuke and Naruto use about 1/10th of the arsenal they have at their disposal.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Kakashi got back his regular eyes so Sasuke should at least get back his original, shittier Mangekyo

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

TheHan posted:

Kakashi got back his regular eyes so Sasuke should at least get back his original, shittier Mangekyo

What if he just gets back a normal eye and has to be demoted to Kakashi Jr.?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I just started reading the last 3 chapters here, otherwise been watching the show, is Mitsuki still around? I wanna see some op poo poo.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also Kawaki finally made his debut in the anime this week (though it was at the very end so he won’t formally appear until next time).

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

PathAsc posted:

I just started reading the last 3 chapters here, otherwise been watching the show, is Mitsuki still around? I wanna see some op poo poo.

I don't think that's really a spoiler, but just to be safe, he's alright, Kishimoto and the other writer just temporarily focused on Boruto and the old guard to the point that I kinda forgot the other kids existed.

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

True reality is on this side of the screen

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I don't think that's really a spoiler, but just to be safe, he's alright, Kishimoto and the other writer just temporarily focused on Boruto and the old guard to the point that I kinda forgot the other kids existed.

There are other kids?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

TheKirbs posted:

There are other kids?

Sarada’s still around at least and of course there’s also Kawaki. All the others seem to only get screen time in the anime these days.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Appreciate it, he's s cool rear end character and I want to see him get to go balls out with his sage mode and not destroy his body. I feel like there's a ton of cool poo poo they have for him, so I'm glad it might still happen, maybe sooner seeing as what just transpired.

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

True reality is on this side of the screen

Larryb posted:

Sarada’s still around at least and of course there’s also Kawaki. All the others seem to only get screen time in the anime these days.

:thejoke:

*Thank you for giving me a chance to use this*

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

TheKirbs posted:

:thejoke:

*Thank you for giving me a chance to use this*

Ah ok then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
The anime busted out their A+ animation for today’s episode. Only weird thing was that Konohamaru suddenly started looking more like his manga counterpart. Looks like they’re following the manga and will be interspersing anime only content to flesh things out. Next week looks like it’ll be good, will give Sumire some stuff to do thankfully.