Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

facialimpediment posted:

I more posted that thing because it's funny that shitposting torpedoed a nominee. :v:

It totally is. Imagine anybody in 20 years giving a poo poo about posting "nice" to a 69, people would think you're insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
If you want to read about how Bernieworld hates Neera, and why Bernie gave her a hard time in the confirmation hearing, here's the recap: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/30/bernie-supporters-seethes-neera-tanden-441603

And more comedy:

https://twitter.com/elwasson/status/1362881426769772544

https://twitter.com/elwasson/status/1362883952797765638

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
worth noting:

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1362879316695134216?s=19

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Neera's a giant sycophant piece of poo poo which isnt out of the ordinary for the neoliberals except she was very online about it all until recently

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/jessica_roy/status/1362839097111310340?s=19

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

And yeah, you basically have to bend the legislative agenda around the loving idiot from West Virginia. That's life in a 50-50 Senate. Otherwise, you're bending the legislative agenda around Republicans. You'll get Manchin before you get Collins/Murkowski and there is literally zero that anyone can do about Manchin. He's up in 2024 in a beat-red state and he's literally the only Democrat that could win that race (if he even runs). The solution to the Manchin problem was to not have poo poo candidates in Maine and North Carolina in 2020.

How many people voted for the 50 Republican senators?

For those keeping score at home, it was millions fewer than voted for the 50 Dem senators.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Feb 19, 2021

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

How many people voted for the 50 Republican senators?

From Vox:

quote:

If the two Georgia seats go to the Democrats, the Senate will be split 50-50, but the Democratic half will represent 41,549,808 more people than the Republican half. [184 million to 143 million]

Read earlier today that as it sits right now, Republicans have an inherent electoral-system advantage of 2% in the House, 3% in the Electoral College, and 5% in the Senate. It's kinda bad!

Edit: YOU GOT COKE IN MY CORN FLAKES

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1362882672440315907

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Feb 19, 2021

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
I wonder if that 3 million includes the value of the flakes - These are the kind of idiotic thoughts that going to law school forces to the surface

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Wondering what the street value of my frosted flakes is

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

A Bad Poster posted:

Can't say for sure, but I do know a guy who left his job as a wheeled vehicle mechanic MOS to change to whatever MOS works on the big generators that bases use for backup power. Apparently you go straight to doing literally the exact same job on the civilian side but making a minimum of six figures doing that.

Dang that's a good gig. A friend retired from the Coast Guard after years as a chief engineer (I think with a focus on engines) and went into working for telecoms keeping a data center (or data hub? whatever the buildings that keep cell networks going) running. If the place went down it could wipe out local communications so it requires a security clearance he already had, and I think they always have to have an engineer on site just in case. It's good work and not much happens each shift.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Wondering what the street value of my frosted flakes is

Frosted Flakes: Peddlers are cutting cornflakes with addictive chemicals to increase demand, especially from the 7-18 years of age bracket.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

piL posted:

Frosted Flakes: Peddlers are cutting cornflakes with addictive chemicals to increase demand, especially from the 7-18 years of age bracket.

Yo have you heard about this new poo poo on the street called milk?!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
frantically pouring boxes of coco puffs into my toilet as the DEA prepares to burst through my front door

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

piL posted:

But seriously the horrors of the transatlantic slave trade were entirely a product of the european nobility's raging sugar addiction once the discovery of cane allowed them to blow out their honey tolerance with the hard poo poo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tony the Tiger nooooooo

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Tony the Tiger nooooooo

rip tony, now he's a drug mule

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Acebuckeye13 posted:

frantically pouring boxes of coco puffs into my toilet as the DEA prepares to burst through my front door

Coca Puffs, surely?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'm... not so sure this is a great image to channel, but hey, hail vaccine

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

nz can flex any way it wants, it fuckin earned it

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
Is that a Dr. Strangelove reference?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/ZacMabry/status/1362654623425650692

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Melthir posted:

Is that a Dr. Strangelove reference?

Certainly seems to be. Which, given the world ended soon after, perhaps isn't the best reference

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/aliciasadowski6/status/1362930155140751363

Biden is a terrible dog owner. The absolute indignity of one of his GSDs looking like...exactly like a GSD should?

I dunno, illegitimate president, impeach, blah blah blah, here comes another four years of this

Miloshe
Oct 25, 2009

The little chicken girl wants me to ease up!
He can't handle!
He cries like woman!

I'm always late to the party and so post very infrequently. Regarding the recent discussion of Texas and Texans I have an anecdote that leaves me red-faced-embarrassed at 3 in the morning right when I think I'm falling asleep. I don't mean to reignite or stoke coals, but think it's a meaningful addition for people to think about.

Late 2006, too young to legally drink, I was just about to pin on Corporal and had just met my new teammates all of whom were Staff NCO's. I was sitting down with an African American CI-guy and he mentioned Katrina. Thinking I could ingratiate myself to him and display I wasn't a bigot (remember the time frame, in the USMC open casual racism ESPECIALLY against higher ranks was the norm unfortunately) I said something to the effect of "Whelp, I suppose all of those racist slack jawed yokels invited it upon themselves in more ways than one. Maybe they'll appreciate they take more than they give to this country."

He reached over and C-clamped my arm, like a loving hydraulic press, without a hint of aggression. He spoke very evenly, "My father died in Katrina." We became friends and ran some pretty hairy missions together. To this day I am so thankful he didn't beat the gently caress out of me, which in that unit was a very real possibility. I would have deserved that rear end beating. Hopefully I'm a better person today.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Hey gently caress you guy GSDs are wonderful dogs and I will feed you to an angry white wolf

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Tony the Tiger nooooooo

Tony “the Tiger” Montana
THE WORLD IS YOURS

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

pantslesswithwolves posted:

https://twitter.com/aliciasadowski6/status/1362930155140751363

Biden is a terrible dog owner. The absolute indignity of one of his GSDs looking like...exactly like a GSD should?

I dunno, illegitimate president, impeach, blah blah blah, here comes another four years of this

I'm at loss at what a presidential dog should look like after seeing a bunch of lap dogs and at least 1 raccoon. wtf

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
They just got done gargling Trump's balls for five years, someone who is very well known for not liking dogs at all. What the gently caress would they know about how "presidential" a dog should look? How does a dog look "presidential" in the first place? It doesn't, everything is identity politics with these projecting mother fuckers.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

bird food bathtub posted:

How does a dog look "presidential" in the first place?

It’s obese and looks like it rolled in Cheeto dust.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
big texas don't want no big gubmint

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56129833

quote:

US President Joe Biden is set to declare a major disaster for Texas, clearing the way for more federal funds to be spent on relief efforts.

Power is returning in the state and temperatures are set to rise but some 13 million people are still facing difficulties accessing clean water.

Mr Biden has said he will visit Texas as long as his presence is not a burden on relief efforts.

Nearly 60 deaths have been attributed to cold weather across the US.

White House spokeswoman Jen Psaki confirmed Mr Biden has asked his team to expedite Texas' request for a disaster declaration.

He has also been in touch with the mayors of some of Texas' biggest cities, such as Houston, Austin and Dallas, to ensure they have access to government resources, an administration official said.

until they do

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Like this!

They should be alert, attentive, and dignified at all times

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

They just got done gargling Trump's balls for five years, someone who is very well known for not liking dogs at all. What the gently caress would they know about how "presidential" a dog should look? How does a dog look "presidential" in the first place? It doesn't, everything is identity politics with these projecting mother fuckers.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
This dog literally saved Nixon’s career.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

would vote for that dog

Stravag posted:

Like this!

They should be alert, attentive, and dignified at all times

would vote for that dog too

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
crying about bidens dog is even lower than crying about obamas jeans

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016