Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

John blud will learn my name one day

don't worry he can't even pronounce water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

in response to the last several pages and the implication about my character, I would like to state for the record: death to america

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I would like to state for the record: death to america

:yeah:

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

https://twitter.com/Doctor_Cupcakes/status/1362919930698596360

It's ok guys, at least JKR isn't involved! :shepface:

Also those titles :allears:

"The injustice of social justice" :shepface:

“In Defense of John Lasseter” :magical:

"It's ok to be a gamer" (the most indefensible one)

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Very on brand for harry potter

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I was wondering if people had dug that up but no, it's his real name on the channel and his profile lists his dev work up to 2016.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UziFw-jQSks
A new Atrocity Guide about John C Lilly's various experiments (mostly dolphin related.)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Motto posted:

I was wondering if people had dug that up but no, it's his real name on the channel and his profile lists his dev work up to 2016.

seems like a cool chap

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Dias posted:

seems like a cool chap

Absolute donkey brains

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UziFw-jQSks
A new Atrocity Guide about John C Lilly's various experiments (mostly dolphin related.)

Uh, CW: Beastiality.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

SkeletonHero posted:

Is there anyone good covering Earwig and the Witch? Because it's awful and I want to watch other people complain about it.

I don’t know anything about this film, but every time I see the title, I wonder why it wasn’t called Earwig and the Angry Witch. Maybe it’s just me.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dias posted:

seems like a cool chap

This poo poo drives me up a wall.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Groovelord Neato posted:

This poo poo drives me up a wall.

No see, stopping me from going to Walmart and spreading a deadly virus is the real persecution! :brainworms:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

JFC "In Defense of John Lassiter"

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I don’t know anything about this film, but every time I see the title, I wonder why it wasn’t called Earwig and the Angry Witch. Maybe it’s just me.

They didn't want to remind everyone that they could be watching a much better movie.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Spark That Bled posted:

I got sick of hearing people moan and whinge about the Democrats and liberals, in the face of a crypto-fascist who demonstrably still holds a tight grip on one of the two major political parties in the United States, which until recently held the majority of the political power in the country. It was honestly demoralizing constantly having to be constantly told that there was no hope or justice left in the world.

https://twitter.com/colinkalmbacher/status/1362537940325437452
https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/1362525195202924544

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Spark That Bled posted:

I got sick of hearing people moan and whinge about the Democrats and liberals, in the face of a crypto-fascist who demonstrably still holds a tight grip on one of the two major political parties in the United States, which until recently held the majority of the political power in the country. It was honestly demoralizing constantly having to be constantly told that there was no hope or justice left in the world.

tfw you came of age after 2008.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/AliceAvizandum/status/1362839873770704898
Excited for this podcast

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

This sounds insufferable. Also disappointing to see PhilosophyTube is totally cool with AliceAvizandum harassing trans people and being aphobic.

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

a podcast about james bond that doesn't glorify him and gets into the politics of the movies and books could be fun, but also can I get the story on AliceAvizandum? I have no idea who that is.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

A trans lady who is on multiple podcasts as a mostly normal but annoying person, and who is the worst sort of grievance ranter on twitter.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

The only thing I remember Alice from is when she implied a trans woman should kill herself because she was technically a landlord; as in she owned a house that she inherited and lived in while renting out the other rooms super cheap to other people who would be unable to afford anywhere else to live in their high cost of living area.

e: IIRC part of this involved Alice trying to use the fact that this person had evicted someone as an excuse. The reason she threw this person out was because he had sexually assaulted her (or possibly one of the other roommates, I don't quite recall)

Garrand fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Feb 20, 2021

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
She dreams of being a cop so she can stop scum bags from hurting little old ladies.

She's just a very stupid person basically. Like incredibly dumb but with the self-assured correctness of an adult convert to a religion basically.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

I am way more excited about Knives Out 2 than any Star Wars.

Benoit Blanc is a treasure of a character

Holy poo poo, I had no idea this was happening. I have no idea how a follow-up could match Knives Out, but I am excited to see the attempt!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Jamie Faith posted:

This sounds insufferable. Also disappointing to see PhilosophyTube is totally cool with AliceAvizandum harassing trans people and being aphobic.

She got into a fight with another trans woman who owns a house in Iceland and rents it out for evicting somebody, and told said person to kill themselves for being a piece of poo poo landlord. Except:
a) That woman wanted to run the house as a coop but Icelandic law doesn't allow her to, so she rented out rooms for insanely below market rates.
b) The person she evicted had literally tried to rape her multiple times.
c) Once both these things came to light, Alice refused to just take the L and instead decided to dig through this person's feed to find justification for her actually being secretly terrible, and also weaponized the WTYPP twitter and their fanbase to create a dogpile.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

She's just a very stupid person basically. Like incredibly dumb but with the self-assured correctness of an adult convert to a religion basically.

Alice and Liam in particular have a very Trumpian "I refuse to admit I'm wrong even over the most petty bullshit" streak to them.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Sydin posted:

c) Once both these things came to light, Alice refused to just take the L and instead decided to dig through this person's feed to find justification for her actually being secretly terrible, and also weaponized the WTYPP twitter and their fanbase to create a dogpile.

She pulled Donoteat into that mess too, and seeing him back her up on her hateful BS what utterly heartbreaking. I haven't watched any of his videos since. :(

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

JordanKai posted:

She pulled Donoteat into that mess too, and seeing him back her up on her hateful BS what utterly heartbreaking. I haven't watched any of his videos since. :(

Same :smith:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

JordanKai posted:

he'd have to make them first.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Yeah, but the Democrats are also doing this:

Rolling Stone, 2/19/2021 posted:

Congressional Democrats introduced broad legislation that would establish the first federal LGBTQ anti-discrimination protections, called the Equality Act, on Thursday. During his presidential campaign, President Joe Biden promised to prioritize the act’s passage within his first 100 days in office.

“In 2021, every American should be treated with respect and dignity,” Rep. David Cicilline (D-R.I.), who has reintroduced the bill every session since 2015, said in a statement. “Yet, in most states, LGBTQ people can be discriminated against because of who they are, or who they love. It is past time for that to change.”

If enacted, the legislation would update current civil rights laws to include federal anti-discrimination protections for LGBTQ people. It would update the Fair Housing Act, Civil Rights Act of 1964, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Jury Selection and Services Act, and laws around federal government employment. Currently, federal law does not prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity. This means that protections for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer people vary greatly by state, which leaves many vulnerable to potential discrimination.

So are we going to keep playing this sin-balancing game or what?

Groovelord Neato posted:

tfw you came of age after 2008.

I'm 36.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

BFC posted:

a podcast about james bond that doesn't glorify him and gets into the politics of the movies and books could be fun, but also can I get the story on AliceAvizandum? I have no idea who that is.

The others have already mentioned the "landlord" thing, but she also said asexual people weren't oppressed and when several ace people started sharing their stories of suffering corrective rape, she called them all liars basically. Just an absolute vile person.

Also yeah there's nothing wrong with a podcast analyzing the Bond series from a leftist perspective ( @headfallsoff on Twitter has one and it's pretty good) but the tone of that teaser felt very smug and Jonathon Mcintosh-esq with its "Bond is garbage and we're here to tear it down" vibe.

They're acting like saying bond is sexist and imperialist is some kind of new brave revolutionary take when it's like no poo poo sherlock people have been saying this for decades already. It's one thing to go, "hey this fun series also has a lot of problematic poo poo in it so let's have a reasonable discussion over it." But this seems way more like a Mcintosh style "This thing is evil so it should be destroyed and consumed by no one" thing. Which I can not roll my eyes hard enough over.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
American politics, my favorite online creator!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Archer666 posted:

American politics, my favorite online creator!

Their output has really gone downhill

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Spark That Bled posted:

Yeah, but the Democrats are also doing this:

So are we going to keep playing this sin-balancing game or what?

That's great, and doesn't change the fact that they've reneged on their promise to not deport immigrants.

Stop giving the Dems a pass on horrible poo poo because they're doing more good things than the other party, and instead hold them accountable. "Better than the GOP" is such a low bar it's practically buried.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah the problem with American politics is people seem content with what would be considered the absolute minimum even ten years ago.

It’s weird really.

I get you want a good and bad guy but that doesn’t really exist right now and deluding yourself doesn’t do anything but make you feel better

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Skippy McPants posted:

Holy poo poo, I had no idea this was happening. I have no idea how a follow-up could match Knives Out, but I am excited to see the attempt!

No idea on the story but RJ is gonna just do another Benoit Blanc story most likely unrelated to Knives Out.

I would like the detectives to show back up for no reason other than for fun but we’ll see.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

JordanKai posted:

That's when I stopped listening and pledging to them, too. I was already getting disgusted by how it felt like Liam and Alice were just there to joke about people dying en masse before she showed her whole rear end on Twitter with her phobic bullshit.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Sydin posted:

That's great, and doesn't change the fact that they've reneged on their promise to not deport immigrants.

Stop giving the Dems a pass on horrible poo poo because they're doing more good things than the other party, and instead hold them accountable. "Better than the GOP" is such a low bar it's practically buried.

Then stop ignoring Republicans giving a pass to their most violent contingent and letting their ringleader go off scot-free, because you can't find a way to slam Biden for it.

I do find it sad that Biden is letting things fall by the wayside and isn't doing enough to reverse Trump's policies, but I also kind of expected that. I saw last year's election as having to get Donald Trump out of office, because the country wouldn't survive another four years with the Republicans in power. And the fact that people still want to make Biden look worse than Trump isn't making me feel any better.

Spark That Bled fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Feb 20, 2021

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Spark That Bled posted:

Then stop ignoring Republicans giving a pass to their most violent contingent and letting their ringleader go off scot-free, because you can't find a way to slam Biden for it.

I do find it sad that Biden is letting things fall by the wayside and isn't doing enough to reverse Trump's policies, but I also kind of expected that. I saw last year's election as having to get Donald Trump out of office, because the country wouldn't survive another four years with the Republicans in power. And the fact that people still want to make Biden look worse than Trump isn't making me feel any better.

The reason you're seeing people criticize Biden more than Trump is that everyone here is already sold on Trump being heinously bad. It doesn't need restating.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

No ones giving the republicans a pass except other republicans. lol also Didn't Junpei Hyde tell everyone to stop this derail 2 pages ago? Give it a rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Alice Avizandum is awful and I have no idea how she manages to get a free pass for all the horrid poo poo she pulls.