Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KomradeX posted:

I get that it's Sim City but whats point, another weird liberal tirade against hatred rural people?

it’s just something funny I found online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Last night I got a call from my City Council rep, Antonio Reynoso about his campaign for Brooklyn Borough President. It was a fundraising call, but we talked for 20 minutes about what issues were important to me and how he's addressing those concerns in his platform. Apparently he has endorsements from: Working Family Party, Jumaane Williams, and Cynthia Nixon, which signal his lane.

I knew he recognizes the need to cut down on car traffic and infrastructure, which makes sense in his district. One thing that really impressed me is that he recognizes there's not a single solution for every neighborhood, and that folks in Canarsie and East New York need transportation solutions that aren't bike lanes.

Anyway this is a rambling post, but I've never had the opportunity to talk with a politician. I've especially never talked with a politician who has a platform in line with my own views who was interested in hearing my ideas for things. Very cool experience and I'll throw the max matching donation his way.

This is cool, I remember being stunned to be called by various insurgent candidates themselves I always went "wait, it's like ACTUALLY you?"

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

eyy, I'm walkin' heah

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

five homeless people have been stabbed on the subway, I think three died, in the last like 18 hours

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

five homeless people have been stabbed on the subway, I think three died, in the last like 18 hours

is this The Purge

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

drat, D&D mods getting feisty

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

what the gently caress

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

it’s four, sorry, two dead

https://gothamist.com/news/two-people-found-fatally-stabbed-overnight-separate-incidents-same-subway-line-police-say

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

nypd gonna send more dicks to sit around and deter fare hoppers and act like they helping

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

remember when Giuliani did "catch and release" on the homeless, kidnapping them from Manhattan and dumped them in other boroughs

that was pretty bad

I think it was a late 90's move but it might have been post-9/11

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Filthy Hans posted:

remember when Giuliani did "catch and release" on the homeless, kidnapping them from Manhattan and dumped them in other boroughs

that was pretty bad

before matt taibbi had his brain broken by online, The Divide is basically required reading for any leftist. no war but class war and it gets very deep into how race intersects with that.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

the cops arrested someone for the subway stabbings

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56065765

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

that Karen who tried to get police to come arrest/shoot the black man who told her leash her dog had her charges dropped

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56089809

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Filthy Hans posted:

that Karen who tried to get police to come arrest/shoot the black man who told her leash her dog had her charges dropped

VOTE

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Filthy Hans posted:

I mean, it sounds like she completed a pretrial diversion program for a first offense misdemeanor? Which is, like, exactly what we want happening for more people?

Her attonrney attempting to claim this represents exoneration and she is gonna sue all the people that badmouthed her though... HOO LAWD.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

CaptainPsyko posted:

I mean, it sounds like she completed a pretrial diversion program for a first offense misdemeanor? Which is, like, exactly what we want happening for more people?

Her attonrney attempting to claim this represents exoneration and she is gonna sue all the people that badmouthed her though... HOO LAWD.

right on all counts

there's a heavier emphasis on those kind of judgments post-COVID, too

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1362117670318014468

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

He's apparently going full "nice kneecaps you've got there":
https://twitter.com/DanClarkReports/status/1362082020818583555?s=20

I started listening to the audio of the conference call, but I couldn't take the "Kim's accusations are very harsh and I'm the real victim here" stuff.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

He's disgusting.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Cuomo really just is Trump

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
"my crimes aren't as bad as your crimes"

Griz
May 21, 2001

https://twitter.com/Brendan_LyonsTU/status/1362182364814786572

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Filthy Hans posted:

that was pretty bad

wasn't there a big dustup just a couple years ago because DeBlasio was sending homeless families to Broome County with small rent stipends?

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Fleetwood posted:

wasn't there a big dustup just a couple years ago because DeBlasio was sending homeless families to Broome County with small rent stipends?

I dunno, the last time I was in NYC was right after Sandy hosed up the Jersey coast so I'm way out of date on my NYC lore

only the national outrages make it way out here in the boondocks of TN

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Fleetwood posted:

Given the generally non-coercive nature of these programs, a lot (but not all; there are other reasonable objections) of the dust up is in the form of NIMBY nonsense from the places where people choose to go with those stipends.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-covid-cuomo-nursing-homes-approval-siena-20210216-tdsp6onyifb4bbwdbubkpbjgpu-story.html

quote:

found that 61% of voters give the governor high marks for his management of the pandemic, down slightly from 63% in a previous poll.

Why are there so many loving stupid people?

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Decades of underfunding public education?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I don't get how people can approve of his job when he got so many old people killed

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

KomradeX posted:

I don't get how people can approve of his job when he got so many old people killed

most people probably don't care that much about them

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Lock his rear end up

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Lawman 0 posted:

Lock his rear end up

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Grading on a scale, mostly. If your baseline is Trump or DeSantis, then even a sack of potatoes had an objectively better pandemic response.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

there's a really, really big political divide between people who are 'informed' and people who are 'not,' which really means between people who read news as a hobby like C SPAM posters and Nate Silver, and people who have other hobbies and hear about these sorts of things weeks or years after the fact, if ever (and usually then only from the people who can afford to pay for gilded loudspeakers)

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/LukewSavage/status/1362436539029090305
He really is.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

none of the horrible poo poo was portrayed as his fault so he looked like a victim of The Republican Agenda and not an amoral sociopath whos killed more new yorkers than osama bin laden

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Agean90 posted:

none of the horrible poo poo was portrayed as his fault so he looked like a victim of The Republican Agenda and not an amoral sociopath whos killed more new yorkers than osama bin laden

That's a good point. Just adjust part of thr culture war and this mass murder got to be treated like a hero. They gave this guy a loving Emmy for a book about nesting COVID in the middle of it spreading uncontrolled in the State at the time, that still pisses me off

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009
anyone know what’s going on with the legal Jersey weed

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Jay-V posted:

anyone know what’s going on with the legal Jersey weed

i unironically love watching these bureaucrats drag their feet as they miserably try to delay the inevitable

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009

Marx Headroom posted:

i unironically love watching these bureaucrats drag their feet as they miserably try to delay the inevitable

goddamn you jersey!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
The York College and Medgar Evers sites are LIVE for scheduling as of 8 AM this morning. . They're just for selected area codes from 2/24 to 3/2, then they open up to all residents who qualify of Queens and Brooklyn, respectively.

https://am-i-eligible.covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/