Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

If you are the sole holder of the honey pot sure. My da used to dip cheddar in the jar of honey we had at home. loving awful going for honey and finding remnants of cheese (that had likely been in his mouth as he would multi-dip the cheese). Tried buying him his own honey jar but he'd just move on to the family one once he'd finished his own. :barf:

To be fair though this applies to any dipping food and should punishable by death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Might have mentioned before, but at the USA Bar in downtown Reykjavik I had a "Lindsay Lohan burger" which was a double burger between two donuts. Felt like someone had seen one of those food alignment charts and used it as a menu suggestion

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Failed Imagineer posted:

I feel like it needs to be constantly said, but "classic" burger buns taste like absolute bland poo poo and fall apart the instant they make contact with burg. Brioche actually tastes nice and has structural integrity to survive the whole burg experience.

A big floury bap is also acceptable

(Makes notes.)
Didn't refer to it as a Blah. Failed Imagineer is not from Waterford.

There are thin sandwhich buns (called Sandwhich Thins) which can work for burgers, but suffer all the downsides of buns.

You can use lettuce leaves if you want to eat your burger paleo.

And there is one other way to eat a burger.

It's called the Luthor burger, no doubt named after Lex Luthor.
And yes I did order it when I was in Bread Meats Bread Glasgow in the before time.
It was a hell of a thing.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Hearing unconfirmed WhatsApp voice memos that Charles visited Philip and crushed his paper thin skull, now thought to be "more powerful than ever"

Not wishing the best for either of these men

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
late to the party but spicy or herbed honey drizzled on pizza is loving great

Failed Imagineer posted:

Might have mentioned before, but at the USA Bar in downtown Reykjavik I had a "Lindsay Lohan burger" which was a double burger between two donuts. Felt like someone had seen one of those food alignment charts and used it as a menu suggestion

bacon cheeseburger on doughnuts is pretty classic at this point, usually done up with krispy kremes (which are very low density yeast doughnuts).

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

It’s middle class as all hell, but truffle honey is incredible with cheese. Had a cheese board at a restaurant a couple of years ago and they had a smoked Brie which with the truffle honest was lifechanging.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

The Question IRL posted:

It's called the Luthor burger, no doubt named after Lex Luthor.
It's short for Lutherstadt Wittenberger and it repels all bishops in a 20 yard radius, especially if you throw it at them.

Endjinneer posted:

Pre-cut burger "buns" are discs of disappointment.
They are neither buns nor baps. They're especially not cobs. Just :sad:

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
the stress of Harry leaving has killed Philip. great job, faithless grandson, leaving a grieving widow on her own to face her husband's death with no support

disgusting behaviour. you can see why William doesn't like him

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

:golfclap:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Failed Imagineer posted:

I feel like it needs to be constantly said, but "classic" burger buns taste like absolute bland poo poo and fall apart the instant they make contact with burg. Brioche actually tastes nice and has structural integrity to survive the whole burg experience.

The gently caress kind of antiBrioche are you buying that doesn't instantly fall apart. Its literally cake.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Honey is also the basis for just about every decent barbecue sauce/marinade too.

South Carolina would like a word :toughguy:

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

feedmegin posted:

As would my wife and her honey allergy

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

feedmegin posted:

Ok, what does the worst state on the Atlantic have to say.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Grape posted:

Ok, what does the worst state on the Atlantic have to say.

when did the UK lose its Atlantic coastline

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The Queen is ruthless

https://twitter.com/jasebyjason/status/1363163456803909634?s=19

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

I'm so confused.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

feedmegin posted:

South Carolina would like a word
I know all about the words they like there.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

big scary monsters posted:

I'm so confused.

It's from "Don't Hug Me I'm Scared" a very weird, dark and entertaining youtube series. It's essentially a mock up of various "fuzzy animal learns about things" programming from the 90's and early 2000's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9FGgwCQ22w

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
If Brenda were to die during lockdown, what would a state funeral be like?
Does Phil get one?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

feedmegin posted:

The gently caress kind of antiBrioche are you buying that doesn't instantly fall apart. Its literally cake.

Dunno what to tell you mate, except meet me in the BK carpark where I'll smash your teeth in and then feed you a nice soft brioche

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

feedmegin posted:

Subway bread is almost cake, can we try that for burgers?

I made tofu and fake burger breakfast muffins this morning with 'egg' dipping sauce, and now I can't eat anything else for the rest of the day or I will die :(

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Does Phil get one?

He's entitled to one but who knows what they'd actually do.

e: just read an Independent article that says apparently it's well-known he doesn't want one

HopperUK fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Feb 20, 2021

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

mrpwase posted:

Subway bread is almost cake, can we try that for burgers?
A footlong with like 4 burgers and cheese and relish and onion sounds relevant to my interests.

This sounds potentially disturbing though.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Josef bugman posted:

It's from "Don't Hug Me I'm Scared" a very weird, dark and entertaining youtube series. It's essentially a mock up of various "fuzzy animal learns about things" programming from the 90's and early 2000's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9FGgwCQ22w

This is an absolute pro watch btw. Completely blew my mind the first time I saw it. There's not really anything else like it out there.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

feedmegin posted:

We all know the word they'd like.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Does Phil get one?

He doesn't get a state funeral but he would get a ceremonial funeral, which is broadly the same thing (lying in state at Westminster Hall, coffin on a gun carriage, service at Westminster Abbey, etc) but differs in a couple of details which aren't really important to normal people but a pretty big thing to the sort of people who care about such things.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Maugrim posted:

I didn't even know that was a thing. I suppose it's possible to be allergic to anything, I assume the allergy is actually to something in the bees stomachs that gets transferred to the honey, so presumably she's fine with most manufactured "honey"-based sauces that just use syrup or treacle?

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Does Phil get one?

We'd have to petition the virus to call a ceasefire again, like Christmas

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Maugrim posted:

My condolences.

God, I love honey. But only the good stuff

Marmaduke! posted:

We'd have to petition the virus to call a ceasefire again, like Christmas

Could we play football with it in no-man’s land?

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I didn't even know that was a thing. I suppose it's possible to be allergic to anything, I assume the allergy is actually to something in the bees stomachs that gets transferred to the honey, so presumably she's fine with most manufactured "honey"-based sauces that just use syrup or treacle?

Yeah, it's really unusual but she's allergic to a specific bee protein (no idea what) that's present in the wax and in trace quantities in the honey. I've managed to trigger reactions by feeding her Percy Pigs (beeswax coated) and honey roast ham...

Naturally she's very allergic to bee and wasp stings too.

Her brother is allergic to the influenza virus.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
There's a tick in the US that causes you to subsequently develop an allergy to eating red meat if you get bitten by one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha-gal_allergy

edit: apparently other ticks in other parts of the world can have the same effect

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Feb 20, 2021

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Maugrim posted:

Her brother is allergic to the influenza virus.

???

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

:shrug:

The story is from before I met her, but apparently he had the flu and after a few days broke out in hives and swelled up all over resulting in a speedy trip to A&E. He didn't have any allergies at the time

I assume I'm about to be informed that allergy to a virus is impossible!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Maugrim posted:

:shrug:

The story is from before I met her, but apparently he had the flu and after a few days broke out in hives and swelled up all over resulting in a speedy trip to A&E. He didn't have any allergies at the time

I assume I'm about to be informed that allergy to a virus is impossible!

Well, I guess I would just call that viral exacerbation of existing allergic symptoms or something. Cause allergies are by definition when your immune system overreacts to something innocuous.

I know that's not exactly comforting to people when they experience this very real phenomenon though. I promise I'm only 70% this pedantic IRL

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Extremely powerful normality radiating from this man

https://twitter.com/BernieTranders/status/1363186622355881985?s=20

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

TACD posted:

:byodood:

A truly pathetic way to waste a life of good fortune

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
what a hateful oval office

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

https://twitter.com/stettienne/status/1363206905682870276?s=21

See the top tweet for context, but this jumped out at me as the purest distillation of the broken-brained thinking we're up against. It is literally completely the opposite of reality. It's a very easy thing to study, sending the same CVs with "English" vs "foreign" names, and it has been done repeatedly. And it's not even the naive thinking of "we're all equal now, so don't change your name", it's basically telling someone to actively increase their chances of their CV going in the bin, because you think you get thrown in jail for saying you're English these days.

[insert Frank Grimes freakout noises here]

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

TACD posted:

https://twitter.com/BernieTranders/status/1363186622355881985?s=20

oh gently caress off glinner you hateful wasteman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
He's going to get arrested and thrown in jail within the year for saying he's Irish perving on women's toilets with a camcorder and claiming its for their own good.